eFootball (All Platforms)

I remember when I opened my eyes this morning and grabbed my cellphone to turn off the alarm and had a bunch of Twitter notifications, so I opened Twitter and the first tweet I saw was "RIP PES". Then another one, similar. And another one.

I scrolled down until I found the "Trailer" and couldn't believe it.

After watching, still lying in my bed, I was sort of numb, still with half a brain. Thinking "OK this is probably the first of two announcements". This will be a PES LITE type of thing. Free to play. To make money off microtransactions. And then they will announce the full game later this month.

Hours and hours went by and I didn't come here to post because I was still expecting some kind of official source saying something like "eFootball 2022 announcement on XX/XX". Made all the sense in the world in my head. They had teased about this announcement on the Adboards of the "New Football Game Demo", so it could be possible that these were going to be two different projects.

I came here about 5hrs after I waited and waited and nobody from KONAMI said anything about a second announcement or project. That's when I knew the nightmare had become reality.

I'm still trying to accept it.

What happened to FB page called PES development team which it supposed to be a page to receive feedback from community and then get abandoned
Posted a comment stating that we need the African Champions League and got deleted. Posted another comment asking for African Cup of Nations and African Championship of Nations and got deleted. Posted another fucking comment asking for graphical additions and overhauling the database and also got deleted. So maybe I was not the only one, so the page is haunted now...

If they can keep the same game database structure (.bin) files, I think I'll stay on 2021 with an updated database.
We'll just have to wait and see.

There are some reasons that convince me it is a mobile footage
- Feet clipping into the ball and into the grass
- Low frame rate
- No facial expressions during dribble
- Feet sometimes don't touch the ball at all (you can see that when Piqué is tackling the fake player in game)
- Skating animations
- Bad body models (they have fixed big calves from PES 2013 but they ruined it again) also they are back to the big long shorts like the ones in PES 2016
- The fucking defensive AI of the opponent, they look like when you play against your 5 year old brother or when you used to play AC Milan vs the fake teams with bald players in PES 6
- The grass looks ass

And there are other reasons that convince me it is not mobile
- Adapted the consoles and PC to mobile graphics, which is by far their actual approach.

Would like to know what y'all think

It is not the mobile game because It lines up well with what we all saw on the online beta test on consolar. Its Just How the game looks bc of their own decision to make it Cross gen with mobile.

I just saw this, sorry if it's been posted already:

View attachment 111551

So... PC won't even get these (SO NOT) cutting-edge graphics.
From bad to worse.

it has been posted already but reminding people about that ass rape is our duty. We were laughing about FIFA doing same thing few days back..

tbh I feel your pain but got some leftovers of hope. dunno really know why

You know what I have it gives a rebuttal to this:

"We made the game so that people would have fun playing against other players, since it is more exciting than playing against an AI."

You see it doesn't work like that. When it comes to singleplayer experiences, the developer has more control. We are playing something sculpted, more tailored to the experience the developer wants us to have. But there's a reason the box says (well when we did have boxes), 'experience may differ online'. Because we the players determine the online experience. We determine how it's played. We determine the meta. We determine what works and what doesn't.

One of the most difficult aspects of online gaming is balance. Just about every developer struggles in some regard with this. We know this because characters, weapons, skills, move sets etc, are constantly being buffed and nerfed.

Routinely players will find something that a developer didn't consider or realize would be possible. An NBA 2K developer straight up responded 'wait that shouldn't be possible' when a Twitter user shared his character's build.

Because online gaming's best aspect, its biggest pitfall, and the sheer reason it exists, is the community itself. The community is a mad scientist that will find anything and everything possible about a game.

Online gaming can be great. But it also can literally be ruined by someine because he feels like it. Or someone who feels like racism is funny. Or is blasting music in the background. Or is cheating. Or by abusing the latest exploitable mechanic. And there's really nothing the devs can do to stop that. You can fix gameplay issues. You can't fix the people that play them.

So you can't definitely say you've made something that is fun you play with users because we, the community, are the ones who determine that.

P.S., I've seen the way the majority of the community actually plays this game online. Not for me. So if that's your attitude to offline, then count me out.

Well put aderow. I've said this before but it's even more relevant now - if you make AI better in VS CPU then it will make PvP a better experience! It seems so obvious. You are only ever controlling one player in PvP so improving AI routines will give you a better overall footballing experience by making your teammates behave more realistically when they are not in your control. But there's the crux of the matter - Konami don't care about football anymore, you might argue they haven't since they embraced esports a few years ago. Pro Evo is just an easy cash cow where they can re-shell and re-sell the same superstar players over and over and do the bare minimum with gameplay (or just break it as they so often have).

That's really strange. Although i know there are paid views/likes in our era, but it looks very strange that there are 37k likes and "only" 6k dislikes (still a big numver though), when in the most part of PES communities, i've seen only three people being positive, there rest are all negative/angry/disappointed/pessimistic/shocked.
Just check out the Like/View Ratio on 2 different Channels:
Same Trailer

IGN Channel

Views: 413.000 | Likes: 16.800 | Dislikes: 6600

eFootball Channel
Views: 686.000 | Likes: 41.700 | Dislikes: 9000

1xdxip5mk1x.jpg

Update pes - People moan
Give a season update only - people moan
try something new - people moan

well I look forward to trying it, if its rubbish there is no loss to me, as it's free
I'll carry on playing pes 2021, Holland and VirtuaRED have made it a fantastic game that I will enjoy for ages
It probably wont' be beaten by fifa 22 as it's not next Gen quality either. so again, no loss :) :) :) :)
Don't you get it? It's not even about the game itself anymore. People had been fans of WE/PES from the late 90's . People have been playing this series since the super nintendo days, and now konami all of a sudden wants to end the series and change it to a new name and make it a mobile game, doesn't that bother you at all? Unless you are really young and you have no emotional connection with the franchise, it's quite odd if you feel no loss with this announcement.

Huh i keep seeing this on twitter/reddit and i dont know who started this, but anyone who can't see the difference between ronaldo and danilo is either stupid or never watch football for the last 10 years.
I was also concerned whether they pretend they don't know Danilo on purpose (who - and what a surprise - is still has the same face from PES 2016) or they are totally unaware about footballers. If so, they need to get out of them caves

and this new format with free updates and paid updates for "new content", What will happen with "efootball season 2" next year... Will they able to delete our season and all players and restart them from zero to pay again for the new season so you can not keep playing with the players you have own during currently season so they have freedom to delete you all your efforts and if you want to keep playing the new season you will need to pay again, I do not like it at all

Indeed. With GaaS (games as a service) becoming the trend over the past several years, many of us were wary of PES becoming a "platform." I made this post in 2018 over my concerns.

There is one (there are actually several) massive issue I have with PES and FIFA going down the GaaS (games as a service) route. Let's say you're head over heels for PES Online 1.0, but then they completely alter the gameplay a year down the road with PES Online 2.0; what do you do? You're shit out of luck, that's what. If it's a unified product, you'll never be able to return to a previous state of the game due to it being update based. Not being able to return to previous iterations of the series sounds like a nightmare.

Another obvious point that I failed to raise in my initial post (and this has been a massive concern in the gaming scene for well over a decade) is the archival or preservation aspect of a GaaS. You want to play PES 5? Easy, there's quite a few ways. Pull it off your shelf and throw it into a PS2, install it on your PC/emulator, utilize the amazing AIO packages by Sany and you're on your way. What do we do if five years from now, all of the servers for eFootball are dead and buried? Never mind the fact that we might not want to, we might not be able to. That's a depressing thought.

Last edited:
I did a quick App Store search for football games, there is quite a few. Some are more Arcade, but some seem more ML style with GP. PES isn’t even the most downloaded or highest rated mobile football game.

I’d argue that the barrier of entry is lower in mobile then next gen consoles which makes their decision even more asinine. It’s not like their is “no competition” within the mobile market.

Maybe one of those mobile games will expand their engine to next gen, I guess time will tell.

According to the dissemination MAP, modes off and ML is not included until the beginning of 2022 at least.

The good news I got (although they themselves are confused) is that it will have ML (but it won't be called ML) and it will have games against the CPU (there is no date for that either)

What frustates me even more is that there Will be a whole month of complete Black out until we finally see official news again.

I am at agony. I want to know once and for all if efootball is all the game Will be. We need to known more on DLCs.

What frustates me even more is that there Will be a whole month of complete Black out until we finally see official news again.

I am at agony. I want to know once and for all if efootball is all the game Will be. We need to known more on DLCs.

Two years in the making. Right?
Two years in the making and we get a 6 minutes trailer with little to no actual game footage and everything still to be known about it.

Makes me think if they're still trying to figure everything out.

Two years in the making. Right?
Two years in the making and we get a 6 minutes trailer with little to no actual game footage and everything still to be known about it.

Makes me think if they're still trying to figure everything out.
Looks more and more like a late decision.

Its like they planned to break our hearts already, but not for now. Maybe in pes 2023 It would become efootball officially.

But from the Last year teaser to few months ago, they probably knew they wouldn't be able deliver a Full product on september, so they decided to anticipate their planned Mortal Kombat FATALITY (efootball) on us to this year in order to have extra time for DLCs for offline modes, If there is any that is.

I am at about page 121 of reading now, still a good 30 to read, and still in shock. I will give my final thoughts when i read and like all the posts later today.

I just hope this community can stick together somehow, stay in touch via a group discord server or something. Maybe next year FIFA 23 will give us next gen pc + an edit mode to get the extra sales they need from us former PES players, or maybe 2k/someone else can maybe create at least a solid game thats highly editable/moddable. Until then its indeed sticking to whichever last PES each of us liked the most. In my case, i'm stuck to PES 2019...

For now i'm just gonna fade away to sleep in sadness. This is indeed the definitive end. RIP Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer...
:((

Thanks for the loyalty PES 1 to 6 fans!! Like an old knackered horse taken out to a field and shot in the back of the head now you can be replaced with the new generation of instant gratification gamers

Good job Konami the real cherry on the crap cake you have been baking since 2008

Back
Top Bottom