eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I asked the same question a few posts back...
FYI and since you asked if it is an unwritten rule.
Nope, it is a Written rule, it used to be pinned somewhere before @Tom cleaned things up in the editing section, I can't find it now, but I find this which is pretty much the same.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/★-rule-regarding-spammed-update-requests-please-read.83969/#post-3583232

In the meantime you can start creating your own patch, while we will asking you questions about its progress..

I thing it is fair enough.

Last edited:
When Evoweb Patch Release ?

Evoweb my favorite patch

Mate, it says in the Evo Web Patch thread not to ask when updates will be released, so stop it .
3 strikes and Your out of Evo Web.

Last edited:
Seems like the gameplay scripting code has been cracked by Holland in the editing thread, I definitely picked a great year to pick up playing pes again
Literally just came here to post this! Huge news. The scripting is the worst part of the game - if this turns out to remove it, as it looks like it does... I can see a lot of PES fans buying a PC just for this.

Guys maybe this time I did it for real !!!
I deactivated the ADAPTIVE IA from inside the exe and I am testing it with various games, ONLY AND EXCEPT FOR UNEXPECTED ............... continues to respond like this, public at most in the evening because the base it is the V3 which in itself is spectacular, but the problem was always the same ........... THE CPU THAT READS OUR MOVES IN ADVANCE !!!!
None of this, .............................. I have NEVER seen a cpu in trouble like this time and that leaves you play without having that damned feeling that that ball will NEVER reach your partner, and that contrast that is always in their favor ................ NOW IT'S GREAT !!!!
I test V3 and ... not only is there no more trace of the defects that were making me lose the desire to play it, but it looks like another game! :DANCE:
I just sent some footage to Holland, Barcelona vs a small 2-star team, if Messi catches the ball what would you expect? I managed to dribble 2,3,4 men then knocked me down! Is this real? Absolutely yes, because I can do it against poor opponents, but not against high level defenders, and this is the top for me !!!

Thanks Holland, you outdid yourself this time ... 👏👏👏

Now - the really frustrating thing, of course, is... Why can't this be an on/off switch, so that console users can disable this too? Absolutely infuriating.

Anyone had any issues trying to stream running this game? Any time i try it runs like trash on stream.
Have run the game capped to 60fps and @1080 and still the same.
Off stream i can run the game at max settings running at 1440p @144hz and its silky smooth.
Currently running a i7-8700k, GTX1080 OC, 32gb Ram.

Also no matter what settings i choose the game still runs at around 60-70% cpu and anywhere from 60-80% GPU.
This game is sooooo clearly not optimized for PC which sucks especially when wanting to stream.

Even using netblock sider
I am not expert with steam system.. but only one pc can play pes online at a time. if you have 2 pcs you could try this.
- log in first pc, play pes until menu, disconnect the pc from internet/offline i think. continue play offline
- login the second pc and you can play pes online.
Both using the same account. I don't recommend going above 2 pcs, steam will probably question that behaviour.

This is £13.99 on CD keys so i'm very tempted to pick it up, How are people getting around the option file, kits, faces and stadiums. Do they share the exact same ID's? Could i just drag and drop my files from my PES 2020 sider into the 2021 and they should all work apart from Scoreboards and entrances right?
Yep mate everything works apart from scoreboards I haven't tried entrances yet

Last edited:
There is a crash issue with my game. Whenever im on cup/league mode, the game will crash only if i save my progress. Does anybody face this issue too?

Is anyone having issues with gsync. Works fine on all other games I have including 2020. tried 4k and 1440 120hz. full windowed, limit frames to 119 and 118. Its not bad or unplayable just a small tear now and again esp in the menu

Literally just came here to post this! Huge news. The scripting is the worst part of the game - if this turns out to remove it, as it looks like it does... I can see a lot of PES fans buying a PC just for this.

Heck, this might push me to buying it.... No matter how much I see people happy with gameplay it doesn't matter if the AI scores on demand and become Barca to tie the game in min 90.
Will follow that thread, but I have to say... I think people have been trying to solve this since more than 7 years ago... the good ol jenkey tool and such

Anyone had any issues trying to stream running this game? Any time i try it runs like trash on stream.
Have run the game capped to 60fps and @1080 and still the same.
Off stream i can run the game at max settings running at 1440p @144hz and its silky smooth.
Currently running a i7-8700k, GTX1080 OC, 32gb Ram.

How did you load it off of Steam? I have similar specs and would like the boost in smoothness

How did you load it off of Steam? I have similar specs and would like the boost in smoothness
Well usually i dont mess with anything settings wise other than maybe turning off Vsync but recently ramped the game up to max settings (in-Game) and runs fine usually going way over 144fps.

Hi guys, I have low frame rate issue in pes2021 on a 144Hz monitor. Just to be clear, it is low frame rate , not stuttering which I know how to fix with various Vsync settings.

This issue first started halfway through owning Pes2020, I thought it was something to do with an option file I installed , but now with Vanilla Pes2021, I still have it and it's making me tear my hair out. My PC specs are good enough to play this game on 100+ FPS (and I have played PES2020 at that frame rate in the past):
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB
3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
Game installed on SSD

I get no more than 65 FPS in game, depending on time of day and video settings. On the lowest settings I get around 65FPS at night and 55FPS during the day (this is the real key, on lowest settings I should get 100+). At the highest settings I get 35FPS during the day and around 45FPS at night. I have previously played PES2020 at 80+ FPS on Highest settings so I know that it's not an issue with my hardware.

I have looked everywhere for a solutions and these are Things I have tried, none of them can make the FPS go back to what it was:

1) DDU the drivers and clean install of latest drivers
2) Vsync off, enable 1, enable 2
3) Frame rate option in Settings set to both 60 and 30
4) Reduce monitor refresh rate from 144Hz to 120Hz
5) Disable CPU Core 1, in affinity for the exe through task manager
6) Set high priority in task manager
7) Turn off all extras in Radeon Settings (Default), enable some recommended settings one at a time

Any suggestions are welcome, this is making me go crazy

after 3 days of frustration, i pulled out my GPU and put it in an old Mac Pro 2010 tower that I had running bootcamp Windows. Lo and behold, I get 110 FPS on Highest settings 1440p. I have no idea what is causing this.

Maybe PES doesnt like Ryzen CPUs? CPU usage on the intel based mac pro is 65-70% on a 2.4Ghz , 8 Core, 16 Thread machine. What a resource hog this game is.

Come to think of it, the FPS issue may have started when I switched from an intel 4790 CPU and motherboard combo to Ryzen. I didn't install a fresh Windows. Hmmm .... not sure at all

Now - the really frustrating thing, of course, is... Why can't this be an on/off switch, so that console users can disable this too? Absolutely infuriating.
Have tested this for a bit and so far can confirm it is for real. The real litmus test is a proper multi season ML of course...but things are looking promising.

Any footage of the unscripted gameplay test?

Don't want to sound disrespectful & go with my gut reaction and call bullshit, but after a decade plus of the placebo effect in full force from patches or tactical setups etc. it's all made me numb to news like this.

If true can anyone with half a brain (which is more than I have tbf lol) explain to me why it's there, if it makes the gameplay worse? Is it more for online now, or have they added to it so much over the yrs they've lost any sense of balance?

Any footage of the unscripted gameplay test?

Don't want to sound disrespectful & go with my gut reaction and call bullshit, but after a decade plus of the placebo effect in full force from patches or tactical setups etc. it's all made me numb to news like this.

If true can anyone with half a brain (which is more than I have tbf lol) explain to me why it's there, if it makes the gameplay worse? Is it more for online now, or have they added to it so much over the yrs they've lost any sense of balance?

For what its worth my take on scripting is this

In Master League its far less painful if you start with the crap default squad and work up - weather its a mental thing as you accept defeats more as you expect to lose more with a rubbish squad - i dont think it will ever be enjoyable starting with the barcelona first 11 to be beat regularly by rubbish teams due to how ML is designed

The League has less scripting for sure but the tactics are set up so poorly by Konami. i have set every team to possession in simple formation set up, turned off all adv tactics and then manually adjusted players positioning to their real life formations (takes about an hour for premier league) this stops most teams running backwards and also stops most of the long balls.

For what its worth my take on scripting is this

In Master League its far less painful if you start with the crap default squad and work up - weather its a mental thing as you accept defeats more as you expect to lose more with a rubbish squad - i dont think it will ever be enjoyable starting with the barcelona first 11 to be beat regularly by rubbish teams due to how ML is designed

The League has less scripting for sure but the tactics are set up so poorly by Konami. i have set every team to possession in simple formation set up, turned off all adv tactics and then manually adjusted players positioning to their real life formations (takes about an hour for premier league) this stops most teams running backwards and also stops most of the long balls.

I've always just used the ML defaults and worked my way up, but the team spirit compounds the script imo. Another mechanic designed to handicap control for the user, instead of focusing on opponent AI quality.
Script in the oldskool Pes' was decent (compared to todays games it's amazing). Not talking about tactics, subs & formation changes. Just the basics, good teams were tough, weak teams were easier, defending leads to upped aggression AI in the last 20, a war straight from the 1st whistle etc. All throughout the AI creating plenty of chances on goal, none of this 'they save 17 shots, shoot 1 score 1 and win 1-0' bs.
My standout memories of ML over the last 6-7yrs are all based on AI defending. Good teams are a walk over, relegated teams are beasts, and derby matches are games of Mortal Kombat for AI. Their attack is always dull, direct, and predictably repetitive.
I've become bored and frustrated in equal measures. Relegated to playing exhibition matches that last anywhere from 1 half to a couple of games depending on how the game decides to play. It's like the game itself has random form on startup.

Last time I spent time on AI tactics was in '16 & '17. Used Klashman tactics. As good as they were it was just a band-aid on a broken leg over time. Give up after seeing the same atrocious developer tactics yr after yr - that f**king AI deep defensive line :RANT:.

Hello I own the Ryzen 5 2600x ASus ROG RTX 2060. I bought an LG 49nano866 TV. It can play 4K 120hz. Even 4.2.0 4k 120hz was activated in the settings. I am having a very interesting problem. I can play 4K 120hz with Fifa 19 RTX 2060 without any problem, but I can't play PES 2020 or 2021 4k 120hz. I can play 75 FPS at 4k. However, I can play PES 2k 120hz without any problem. Why can't I play PES 2020 and Pes 2021 while RTX 2060 Fifa 19 can play 4k 120hz smoothly? Anybody faced with such a problem? Pes Could the Game be 4k 120hz optimization problem? I can not understand that there is so much fps difference between them and Fifa 4k 120hz.

Back
Top Bottom