eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

As a customer I shouldn't have to worry whether my game will become unplayable in a months time or not, I want consistent great gameplay from a product I have bought. Its dreadful that you can be enjoying a game one minute then risk an update and get stuck with an unplayable mess.

They should definitely introduce versioning that the user can roll back to, I mean its bloody 2021 for goodness sake. But of course we suffer this because of the online crowd and they don't want mismatched version of games for those folks. Super annoying.

I'm astounded at how little it annoys people. Massively unfair on the consumer, to the point where I don't understand how it's legal. I gave up on 2021 a while back but found it infuriating in 2020 when I went from enjoying the game to getting massively annoyed by it in the space of one data pack.

Personally I would - apart from data updates and glitches - ban it. I'm that militant. Or at least have that rollback option for offline players. People wait with great anticipation the new PES and/or FIFA and I'm not sure why; both will be changed weeks after release.

I'm astounded at how little it annoys people. Massively unfair on the consumer, to the point where I don't understand how it's legal. I gave up on 2021 a while back but found it infuriating in 2020 when I went from enjoying the game to getting massively annoyed by it in the space of one data pack.

Personally I would - apart from data updates and glitches - ban it. I'm that militant. Or at least have that rollback option for offline players. People wait with great anticipation the new PES and/or FIFA and I'm not sure why; both will be changed weeks after release.
NHL games let you pick a gameplay version for offline play, in the same menu where you can mess with all the gameplay sliders:

nhl21-ps4-gameplay-sliders-general-picture-1.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

Always been weird to me that A) more games don't do that and B) even other EA games don't do that.

(Also annoys me that FIFA only has about 10% of the sliders NHL has...)

NHL games let you pick a gameplay version for offline play, in the same menu where you can mess with all the gameplay sliders:

nhl21-ps4-gameplay-sliders-general-picture-1.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

Always been weird to me that A) more games don't do that and B) even other EA games don't do that.

(Also annoys me that FIFA only has about 10% of the sliders NHL has...)

I think I knew that... I recall @rockstrongo posting about a game which may well have been NHL.

Choice is the name of the game. Think it when I see people go to war with each other over regens. It doesn't have to be absolute either way. How about some options. But then that would involve some, y'know, work.

I think I knew that... I recall @rockstrongo posting about a game which may well have been NHL.

Choice is the name of the game. Think it when I see people go to war with each other over regens. It doesn't have to be absolute either way. How about some options. But then that would involve some, y'know, work.
That's correct ,I think you could do that on NBA live as well.
Such a brilliant thing

Been a PES player since it was ISS Pro.
So i have stuck with PES20 to play ML mostly as i didnt want to buy PES 2021 as it was going to be just an update.
The question is now with todays anouncement about eFootball 2022 should i buy PES21. Is the gameplay any better than 20 , is ML less scripted or frustrating?
I may have to keep my PS3 now and play pes13 , or play shock Horror Fifa17 for a bit of football fix.

Been a PES player since it was ISS Pro.
So i have stuck with PES20 to play ML mostly as i didnt want to buy PES 2021 as it was going to be just an update.
The question is now with todays anouncement about eFootball 2022 should i buy PES21. Is the gameplay any better than 20 , is ML less scripted or frustrating?
I may have to keep my PS3 now and play pes13 , or play shock Horror Fifa17 for a bit of football fix.
This is something i wanted to post since months ago.

First of all the TL;DR version: If you asked me 7 months ago, i would say you stay with 2020. But since things came at this point, i would suggest you to buy PES 2021, especially if you want it digital, cause after release date of the new e-football, it will be propably removed from stores, as it happens every year, so only physical copy after.

Either way it is the last OG PES game. Even for emotional reasons it became a" must have" these days..

So in my personal POV, i am recently playing Master Leagues in both games, 2020 and 2021. PRogressing very slowly, playing 1~2 matches per day. Since last summer i became friend with PES2020. I mean i do not "love" it, neither is the footy of my dreams, but i tried to focus on the positive parts, ignoring the bad parts, or taking a break when it becomes too repeatitive.

Since January or February i gained PES 2021. Well the game has differences in some points, but is obviously the same base as 2020. I mean if you like 2020 it is very possible to like PES 2021. Me personally i cannot understand the exact opposite. How someone finds PES 2021 rock-solid and in the same time he hates 2020, finding it garbage. I mean ok 2021 is more responsive, but with more response comes more fast pace, AI that intercepts all passes or goes 1 touch lasser passing when in rampage mode.

My POV is if you can like 2020 like i could, you can like 2021 too. The most iconic difference i find and don't like, is that in PES2020 you can play to secure an 1-0, while in 2021 due to more responsivness, it is kill them 4-0 or the 1-0 will soon become 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-2 etc. You cannot dominate just by your playstyle, you must bombard them all time to keep'em down.

As for scripting, AI cheating, i can find the Superstar AI more human like (i do not touch Legend difficulty) in comparison with 2019 or 2018. Although the AI is more regressed than 2018. To be accurate, 2018 has decent AI but a lot cheating and interstellar, while 2019 has more dumb AI but more cheating, which is more frustating.

At least here on 2020 & 2021 they decided that since they dumbed down the AI, they reduced the AI cheating. There are still predetermined moments, or goals that you are destined to concede, but it does not cross very often the line of "broken".

Also forgot to mention, pes2020 has an "issue", many people reported it during the demo.

There is the usual catch up around, but when you run with a decent fast player with the ball, you run faster and outpace the defender that is chasing you without the ball, which does not make sense in comparison to real life physics, but works like a countermeasure, for the usual catch up when both you the the CPU run for the ball, or when you burst speed with double R1.

The sad part is, it works also against you, you are the defender and chasing the CPU ball carrier,but the distance keeps becoming wider, instead of closing down.

I know it does not make a lot sense, but i prefer it. in contrast in pes2021, due to increased response, the CPU defender chasing your back, either magnetises the ball, or sticks a leg and steals the Ball by you from behind, clipping through your running body, pushing you down , no foul given of course.

Also the R2 trap feint works more frequently in 2020 due to all players being less responsive and more stuck in mud,in 2021 they don't buy it, and tackle you down, no foul given of course again.

THe Iniesta dribbling with R-stick, works in pes2021, but in 2020 does not work so good, due to the increased mud-effect.

This is something i wanted to post since months ago.

First of all the TL;DR version: If you asked me 7 months ago, i would say you stay with 2020. But since things came at this point, i would suggest you to buy PES 2021, especially if you want it digital, cause after release date of the new e-football, it will be propably removed from stores, as it happens every year, so only physical copy after.

Either way it is the last OG PES game. Even for emotional reasons it became a" must have" these days..

So in my personal POV, i am recently playing Master Leagues in both games, 2020 and 2021. PRogressing very slowly, playing 1~2 matches per day. Since last summer i became friend with PES2020. I mean i do not "love" it, neither is the footy of my dreams, but i tried to focus on the positive parts, ignoring the bad parts, or taking a break when it becomes too repeatitive.

Since January or February i gained PES 2021. Well the game has differences in some points, but is obviously the same base as 2020. I mean if you like 2020 it is very possible to like PES 2021. Me personally i cannot understand the exact opposite. How someone finds PES 2021 rock-solid and in the same time he hates 2020, finding it garbage. I mean ok 2021 is more responsive, but with more response comes more fast pace, AI that intercepts all passes or goes 1 touch lasser passing when in rampage mode.

My POV is if you can like 2020 like i could, you can like 2021 too. The most iconic difference i find and don't like, is that in PES2020 you can play to secure an 1-0, while in 2021 due to more responsivness, it is kill them 4-0 or the 1-0 will soon become 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-2 etc. You cannot dominate just by your playstyle, you must bombard them all time to keep'em down.

As for scripting, AI cheating, i can find the Superstar AI more human like (i do not touch Legend difficulty) in comparison with 2019 or 2018. Although the AI is more regressed than 2018. To be accurate, 2018 has decent AI but a lot cheating and interstellar, while 2019 has more dumb AI but more cheating, which is more frustating.

At least here on 2020 & 2021 they decided that since they dumbed down the AI, they reduced the AI cheating. There are still predetermined moments, or goals that you are destined to concede, but it does not cross very often the line of "broken".

Hi slamsoze, I recently gave PES2021 a go since @The_Knight did that excellent post. I started to understand manual 'everything' mode and was enjoying my play but the CPU constantly does that pass to the middle and then turn and shoot.

The CPU 90% of the time trying to work it to the striker in that place is a game breaker for me. Even though it is not always a goal it still really irritates me. But other play is quite good, for example I find shooting much better than PES2017 which every shot is through the laces regardless of the player's skill.

How do you see past that 'turn and shoot' attack by the CPU?

Does PES2020 have the same problem?

On this topic of 2020 v 2021, could some point me towards an OF that is up to date and will be kept current for 2020? Main reason being I enjoy ML with Milan but with no San Siro it’s just not the same.

To the question above, I have both and would imagine if the scripting effects of the AI bug you in 2020, you’ll probably find the same thing in 2021 tbh. I still enjoy it though. I’d describe 2021 as a slightly tighter, more polished 2020. With the exception of AI attacking routines.

On this topic of 2020 v 2021, could some point me towards an OF that is up to date and will be kept current for 2020? Main reason being I enjoy ML with Milan but with no San Siro it’s just not the same.

To the question above, I have both and would imagine if the scripting effects of the AI bug you in 2020, you’ll probably find the same thing in 2021 tbh. I still enjoy it though. I’d describe 2021 as a slightly tighter, more polished 2020. With the exception of AI attacking routines.
So would you say the AI attacking is better in 2020?

Hi slamsoze, I recently gave PES2021 a go since @The_Knight did that excellent post. I started to understand manual 'everything' mode and was enjoying my play but the CPU constantly does that pass to the middle and then turn and shoot.

The CPU 90% of the time trying to work it to the striker in that place is a game breaker for me. Even though it is not always a goal it still really irritates me. But other play is quite good, for example I find shooting much better than PES2017 which every shot is through the laces regardless of the player's skill.

How do you see past that 'turn and shoot' attack by the CPU?

Does PES2020 have the same problem?

Well that's a lot topics.
First of all, and to avoid any future debate (not with you two guys), what I will post applies For ME, based on my experience, maybe I am playing wrong, may I not.

So for the defending part, in PES2021, I have the worst Goals conceded average after PES2016.

So I can't guarantee a defense way. In a regular season I concede almost 1,5 goals per match, or 2 goals per 3 matches. Even in season that I won leagues, I had more than 1 goal per match conceded, which is usually unacceptable for a League winner team.

My most obvious problem is this CPU, pass, control, pivot, low shot. What I try to do is circle the opponent CF using supercancel, in order to cover his shooting path.

The problem here is, if the CPU get in supershielding mode, cause when l it shields in those situations it is not that CPU pixels are pushing with its mash your body pixels. CPUs pixels are magnetically pulling your pixels, so you are trapped in a shielded animation, where even if you try to go back, you are stuck in CPUs back, it doesn't allow you to go back or around.

Then you must be lucky that your player will not let down you. You may do everything perfect and your player the last minute, may stop, or pull back his leg, or lift his leg, allowing the shoot to go in.

Previous defense level is, try to cover with super cancel and apply secondary pressure. The problem here is, since 2018, that your player making second press is like a headless chicken, if he is not in advantage position, he just runs to the opponent. If your opponent reads it and makes a low pass, the headless chicken player will let the pass, go past in front of him, without trying to stick his leg and do an easy interception.

For the last question, 2021 has the same shitty AI, in 2020 i just find that it is less lethal when pass-pivot-shot when it traps you in magnetic field, cause it is less responsive and you can super cancel around him faster than he can turn, not always though.

The 100% sure is, in both games, if you go to mark with only X this situation, without supercancel, you are pretty fakked up, the AI will magnerltize you in his back, turning you where he wants, and rendering you unable to defend or move/turn/retreat.

In more general sense, since the AI in those two games and 2019, is the crapiest AI in the PES series, I try to keep the more possession. Cause the more you let CPU have the ball, the more BS you will face. Even if I am Paris FC and play against PSG, in try to keep a 55~60%, and keep it as realistic as possible, cause more possession for the underdog is l a bit unrealistic. But I try to not make it ridiculous, like I can keepn70% possession if I want, but it gets utter ridiculous then.

Finally keep in mind CPU attacking priorities to set up your defending.

Sorted from Never to Always, the AI will:
Very Rare take a shoot from distance
Rare dribble or run with the ball ,when the defense is into positions
Less rare pass wide
Less often cut inside
Less often go for the cross/lob/hoof
Often pass to a winger to play the one-two pass
Very often recieve the ball, turn over and shoot

That’s my problem then @slamsoze because i am not so much bothered that the CPU will score from twist and shoot it’s the fact that it keeps doing it.

Basically i will much prefer if the CPU scored a 30yard screamer against me, then a cross and header, and a dribble and placement, and beat me 3-0 then me defending every ‘twist and shoot’ and drawing 0-0. I hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks for explaining, i will leave both games in the draw at the bottom of the cupboard :LOL:

That’s my problem then @slamsoze because i am not so much bothered that the CPU will score from twist and shoot it’s the fact that it keeps doing it.

Basically i will much prefer if the CPU scored a 30yard screamer against me, then a cross and header, and a dribble and placement, and beat me 3-0 then me defending every ‘twist and shoot’ and drawing 0-0. I hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks for explaining, i will leave both games in the draw at the bottom of the cupboard :LOL:
If you seek diversity and variation, especially in goal scoring, unfortunately this is not the game for that pal.

Forgot to mention, that almost 2/3 of my goals scored, (human player) are also identical. They are is no variation in both sides.

AI attacking has the capacity to be better, but it generally sticks to the same patterns - turn and shoot, shape to shoot from around the 18 yard line, or that daft cut in from the wing business where they turn into Usain Bolt. But then in very rare moments they'll spring a surprise and carve out a nice attack/chance. No idea why that doesn't occur more often.

Still enjoying this game.

I've switched the camera back as I was using the angled broadcast camera and struggling. It also seems to affect aspects of the gameplay which is odd.

Regards to the AI I'm seeing a fair bit of variation. I don't get much of the turn and shoot thing but I've set my tactics up so my 2 CBs drop deeper and I use deep defensive line. I've also worked hard at not diving in, as then you can position yourself to make the AI have to work a different attacking scenario. I've conceded a few goals I've not seen before, including a 30 yard rocket that caught me and the GK, who just stood and watched, by surprise.

Started a new ML as Parma since they went back to Serie B. Just wish I could change their kits cos' I made some that looked lush but cos' they are locked i can't import them!! Maybe have to move to another team after a few seasons. I've spent a lot of time doing the face base copy thing, so got so many players now that don't have a generic face which is good.

I guess I have to stick to this after the news this week. I hope they don't do any more data packs as I like the way it plays. Yes, I have the odd moment where I get frustrated but the key to ML is team spirit and patience. Once that gets up around 90, you really start to notice a major difference in how you can play.

AI attacking has the capacity to be better, but it generally sticks to the same patterns - turn and shoot, shape to shoot from around the 18 yard line, or that daft cut in from the wing business where they turn into Usain Bolt. But then in very rare moments they'll spring a surprise and carve out a nice attack/chance. No idea why that doesn't occur more often.

Well i bought PES2021 Season Update from PS Store £3.74 . So was an easy decision to get as it was so cheap. That could be the last PES product i ever buy after 20+ years of loyalty

I notice the same problems as everyone here with the AI , that turn and shoot nonsense, the long punt from the back almost always, its like Scottish Football.

In PES2020 I played a ML with Belgian team Charleroi . It was different from every other ML i tried for the first 6/7 games. It was very even . Games were real tough with no scripting and a varied AI attack. It was so odd , like old fashioned pes 5 ,6 . My team spirit was low , between 40-65 during this peroid. TS must be having a big impact in how the AI behaves. Shows me that there is coded AI in the game that is good but does not get going as it is suppressed by scripting/rubber banding etc.

Another point is fouls. We all know the fouls and referees are rubbish but whenever i played against Celtic as Rangers it was crazy. They were super aggresive and commited proper crunching fouls , about 5 every game rather than the normal brushing against someone type of foul. Again the code is in there it just aint activated most of the time for some reason.

Sliders would help sort this i think.

Sliders would help sort this i think.
I disagree. Too much AI is now missing - either because it's purposefully been deleted (PES 2020 gameplay modders said certain variables used for AI functions have just disappeared), or because it was never there.

Players run to pixel-perfect markers on the floor when defending, paying no attention to the ball - no intelligence involved, just completely focused on running to a certain spot and standing there. They don't know how to function as a defender until you control them.

Sliders can't add that intelligence back in. And the reason I'm so sure is that, sadly, FIFA has the exact same problem.

I disagree. Too much AI is now missing - either because it's purposefully been deleted (PES 2020 gameplay modders said certain variables used for AI functions have just disappeared), or because it was never there.

Players run to pixel-perfect markers on the floor when defending, paying no attention to the ball - no intelligence involved, just completely focused on running to a certain spot and standing there. They don't know how to function as a defender until you control them.

Sliders can't add that intelligence back in. And the reason I'm so sure is that, sadly, FIFA has the exact same problem.
I will look out for it next time I play.
I do notice that defending the straight pass right through the Midfield up to the AI striker then turn and shoot is impossible at times. Your defender will incredibly run a yard the wrong way before turning back to chase the Striker but to late , or be standing hopelessly off the Striker , so by the time you gain controll of him the Striker has turned and scored into the bottom corner again.

This sort of Sh1t has been happening since about 2014 PES big time. Perhaps it was there before but it was much less noticeable and rare.

So I downloaded seasonal update, just to keep it as a last full game released by Konami. I know its not great, but just wanted to have it.
Did option file, did the tactics and played few matches.
Not gonna go into gameplay and AI, coz most peeps here knows what I think about it.

But I have a question - how the hell do you adjust this game, graphically, on console? I recently bought Samsung 4k QLED TV. The whole game is so bright that its uncomfortable to play. And when I go to brightness settings (which btw is the only thing I can change after starting the game... where the hell are contrast settings??) and lower them down - colours are getting saturated. This is the only game that really is an eye sore to play since I got the TV.. da fuck?

Long post coming up!

So this looks like the final version we are going to have moving forwards. It isn't that bad at all and in fact I'm quite enjoying it. Its probably not as good as Data Pack 6 in my opinion but its pretty close. I thought I'd post some hints and tips of how to better get some longevity out of this game going forward, especially if you don't own a PC to mod stuff.

Im going to caveat this by saying I only play exhibition matches as I find the AI much better in this mode, and I tend to play in small snacks so as not to get bored.

Kits

Fortunately, Konamis decision to allow 3rd and fourth kits is a bit of a God send. Even if you can't edit licensed slots, most licensed teams with the exception of Roma, have at least one to two slots free allowing you to add updated kits which is what I'm doing now.

As you know this makes a big difference and allows you to keep things as fresh as possible. The other options like customising faces and stadiums are just enough to get by on. Of course you also have all the leagues and international teams, whether they will be in efootball going forward no one knows at the moment.

Top Tip: Save your large kit files for the teams you enjoy playing with the most. Ive kept large kits to about 10-15 so that I can have smaller kits on all the other slots.

AI skill level

If i were you I would put the skill level back down to professional. Reason? Well its the most natural of all the difficulty levels regarding AI. They make more mistakes and with team edits and using manual controls they will still punish you. I think my record v COM is something like 148 wins out of 486 matches on professional, in exhibiton. If you play on higher levels, well of course the AI will compensate by being more ruthless in every way, which means shortcuts and scripting is pushed up. Those goals from the ai of shot and turn middle of the goal are more prevalent at higher skill levels.

Camera

My preference is pitch side 0, 0, 7 angle.

Artificial Intelligence Improvements

Its not easy, but with a few tweaks I have definitely seen an improvement in the attacking AI, but it takes some editing to do so. A few people mentioned above about the stale AI, well that can be fixed with some adjustments. You have to first edit team tactics, you can use @klashman69 guide or your own.

Teams

try to give teams a good mix based of the way they play. Highly aggressive defensive teams for instance. Try playing some teams with advanced tactics empty (i.e no entering targets and swarm the box etc) and see if you prefer it. When they don't have those mapped to the advanced tactics they seem to be a bit more open with their game. You can also try fluid formations to mix it up a bit.

Players - Keepers

Keepers are pretty decent but theres a few problems that can be easily fixed with a few tweaks. Firstly and this is a preference, set all keepers as you edit to offensive. Why? Well I don't know a keeper that just stays on his line all the time, especially in a one on one situation. If you get through on goal or the AI does, the keeper being rooted to his line is unrealistic. Im not sure what Konami was thinking here with defensive keepers. They should really have stuck to the line in MOST situations but come off the line for one on one threats.

Abilities - keepers

You need to tweak the keepers abilities a bit. The main one is GK Clearance. A lot of stats by default here are usually in the 70-90 range, thats far too high. basically this stat gives the keeper the ability to push the ball out of danger, but its way to overpowered! Ive never seen a top keeper like Alisson push a shot out for a throw in at speed! So if its on 90 when someone shoots and the keeper palms it away it goes very fast and for miles.

Knock this down to about 40 on all keepers. You can have it slightly higher for the top keepers but you want realistic parrys. This also helps with goal scrambles and also allows other keeper animations to play out as they react to the bouncing ball.

Also reduce GK jumping slightly. Ive seen some keepers on 85+ jump nearly as high as a crossbar! You want them realistic.

Where you want your keepers to be at is to give them good awareness and reflexes so they can react, the balance of the jumping, reach and clearance will make them much more realistic and create much better moments in game.

Abilities - players

We all know the top players in this game have well rounded stats and player skills implemented. For each player they will have abilities/player skills/role and COM options to edit.

You don't really need to worry about the top players like Salah or Chiesa for example, Konami mapped their skills pretty well. Its the lower and mid teams that need the edits. Even if you use Pes Universe option files, lots of players have no role which renders them a bit defunct and one dimensional. So make sure players have roles.

Then make sure you go through the mid tier and low tier teams and give them some standouts. For example teams like Lech Poznan, I made sure I edited the keeper first, gave them one solid CB with some skills and traits ticked, made sure wingers had skill abilities like pinpoint crossing etc, forwards higher kicking power and skills like heading and long distance shooting. basically if you can make 4-5 players on each team have some unique abilities you will see the AI come to life.

The best example I can give is when I played Lech Poznan with Liverpool. I have Thiago, Salah, Mane and VDV for example and they all have standout skills as well as high ability stats. Poznan had nothing in their team, no roles and no skills, so they were pretty boring and one dimensional with their only threat coming from basic AI attack patterns.

After editing Poznan and giving players roles and skills, they were suddenly TRYING different things. They had an attacking midfielder that I gave creative playmaker too and without boosting their stats I gave him some skills such as weighted pass and outside curler and low trajectory lob. he was trying different types of through ball from different angles afterwards. They didn't always come off but he kept me guessing. Having a beefed up centre back, whilst not editing his abilities and giving him skills like fighting spirit and heading and man marking made him a lot more aware of my attackers and i had to think of ways to exploit him.

Do this and you will see teams come to life. Experiment with one team in exhibition mode and try it out!

Controls

If you can try and play with passing assistance off, advanced through balls and alternate between manual and basic shooting depending on your mood.

I noticed that playing on manual shooting brings out more animations of the keepers because the shooting is not on a fixed trajectory. @The_Knight has a great video on this, check it out. You'll also notice that the player shooting skills come to life in this mode more often like rising shots and dipping shots.

If you want to stick to basic you can because it does have the manual option build in too if you want to switch it up.

Advanced through balls are a must. You can pull off some sweet moves and open up some great opportunities with this but you can also mess up, it takes quite a bit of practice. For those brave enough for a further challenge try turning off the reticle.

And thats it! I've left a selection of recent goals I've scored and honestly, I've seen the Ai score some nice ones too, give it a try and unlock the potential with some of the editing tips here and let me know if you think it makes a difference to you - it will trust me!

Heres some manual goals

Last edited:
So I downloaded seasonal update, just to keep it as a last full game released by Konami. I know its not great, but just wanted to have it.
Did option file, did the tactics and played few matches.
Not gonna go into gameplay and AI, coz most peeps here knows what I think about it.

But I have a question - how the hell do you adjust this game, graphically, on console? I recently bought Samsung 4k QLED TV. The whole game is so bright that its uncomfortable to play. And when I go to brightness settings (which btw is the only thing I can change after starting the game... where the hell are contrast settings??) and lower them down - colours are getting saturated. This is the only game that really is an eye sore to play since I got the TV.. da fuck?
From main menu it is in Settings. Ιn game settings are : PRESS START to (pause menu)/settings/screen seetings/adjust brightness contrast. If you tune it as KONAMI suggests according to the PEs logo and the balls, i do not know what result you get. In my screen it is like a film from WORLD WAR 1.
I leave it to default 50/50. What makes differnce in my poor TV, is to select videogame mode, cause the other modes saturate a lot the colours.

My stand on this game ,being the last or not is that it's utter crap ,yes can be ok on the ball ,but the CPU AI...

Actually one of the few games I uninstalled (last week) I pretty much have all my games installed (2x8TB storage sorts that).
Mainly because I every now and then I think "ooh maybe it's better now...must play a few games"

No matter how many times I do that ,it's still garbage (so are 20 too)
Edit : don't own it but have it on game pass ,first PES I haven't bought (wise from PES 20).

I will look out for it next time I play.
I do notice that defending the straight pass right through the Midfield up to the AI striker then turn and shoot is impossible at times. Your defender will incredibly run a yard the wrong way before turning back to chase the Striker but to late , or be standing hopelessly off the Striker , so by the time you gain controll of him the Striker has turned and scored into the bottom corner again.

This sort of Sh1t has been happening since about 2014 PES big time. Perhaps it was there before but it was much less noticeable and rare.
just a friendly note. I don't know the settings you play, i just mention it.

@hitmanuk had succesfully suggested back in 2020 , to have cursor change settings to ASSISTED, to counter the heavy unresponsivness and mud effect while defending, so it is not like you wake up someone when you change cursor.

In 2021 i tried it, but it is better to have it in lower settings, either semiassisted or manual, cause in assisted and in combination with the increased response and bad AI dispositioning your players, always someone from the defense runs to the wrong direction for the first steps. It is better to change manual the cursor while defending. The players are not moving as much in mud, as in 2020, so you can defend in better shape.

From main menu it is in Settings. Ιn game settings are : PRESS START to (pause menu)/settings/screen seetings/adjust brightness contrast. If you tune it as KONAMI suggests according to the PEs logo and the balls, i do not know what result you get. In my screen it is like a film from WORLD WAR 1.
I leave it to default 50/50. What makes differnce in my poor TV, is to select videogame mode, cause the other modes saturate a lot the colours.
Thanks, pal. Had no idea about pressing start.
Yeah, I had it set up as per their instructions and ended up with brightness at 95!!! Their fucking faces look like zombies in a spot light...
I could lower brightness but contast was nowhere to be found... jaysus what a clusterfuck... they cant even do proper tv settings guide..

But hold on... i missread your reply... i was going to pause and screen settings during the match and i only had brightness, but no contrast.. same in game menu settings... where the hell is contrast?

Thanks, pal. Had no idea about pressing start.
Yeah, I had it set up as per their instructions and ended up with brightness at 95!!! Their fucking faces look like zombies in a spot light...
I could lower brightness but contast was nowhere to be found... jaysus what a clusterfuck... they cant even do proper tv settings guide..

But hold on... i missread your reply... i was going to pause and screen settings during the match and i only had brightness, but no contrast.. same in game menu settings... where the hell is contrast?
Do you mean in the menu that has the PES logo and the BALL and reccomends you to have the one visible and the other invisible?

@Emroth thats the menu you should get.
View attachment 112346

Last edited:
Im only getting brightness with two white squares and it tells me to adjust it until they are both same colour. Which is bright white.
Dont know, will have a look later.
Dont worry about it.
Game isnt worth it really..

Im only getting brightness with two white squares and it tells me to adjust it until they are both same colour. Which is bright white.
Dont know, will have a look later.
Dont worry about it.
Game isnt worth it really..
Will give a check when back home dude...i didn't mess with this option this year to be honest, recall it from pes 2020 and previous.

Back
Top Bottom