eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Yeah, they are separate games.
That's more or less what I figured... but thought I had read somewhere that since it's off the same build this was impossible. Probably the main reason I'll get it is to maintain the sentimental PES Library. I'm in the minority--- high on 2020 generally. Thanks for the confirmation, boss.

Have held out against 2021 this long but... Basic question, probably answered elsewhere, which I cannot find after much searching: Can simultaneous PES 2020 & @ 2021 ML saves be stored on the same console? Thanks.
Yes!
Two different games even though it's a"season update"

My sense is that among the True Believers, 2020 & 2021 are duds. I think there are elements worth continued exploration, so in that vein: what is the recommendation re: 2021 DLC version? Should I stay offline and play it from scratch or apply the final Ver 6.0 ?

There's a lot I really like about the current version of this PES, but... every goal I concede is the same. I lose the ball just inside the opposition half (often through an obvious but unpunished foul); one of the CPU players runs onto the loose ball and hits a 40 yard through ball in a ruler-straight line down the middle of the pitch to their centre forward: just before I get control of him, the defender marking the centre forward sprints. weirdly away from him, then snaps back and starts sprinting after him, but now two yards behind so he can't make a tackle; the striker is one on one and scores. It's like PES 2012 all over again. It looks completely ridiculous, especially after 75 minutes of an ultra-tight tactical battle. Happens even if you're playing on full defence with "deep defensive line" set, with three central defenders and two holding midfielders. It's just so deflating and miserable. You sit there thinking "what's the point in this?"

All the more depressing because, as I say, so much else is so good.

I played a few games in league mode today Napoli on top player, enjoyed it. Those frustrating collisions with your own players have gone, won a penalty and conceded one which I then saved!
There seemed to be quite a lot of offsides given against my side, but I do set ai teams to play off side trap and high press.
Reaction times are still an issue and bloody frustrating when you try and keep a ball in play but it plays a pretty good game for me. It also seems quite a bit faster on dp7. I play on minus 1 speed and normally this feels the right pace but I'm going to give master league a go this weekend on minus 2.. god help me 😔😃

There's a lot I really like about the current version of this PES, but... every goal I concede is the same. I lose the ball just inside the opposition half (often through an obvious but unpunished foul); one of the CPU players runs onto the loose ball and hits a 40 yard through ball in a ruler-straight line down the middle of the pitch to their centre forward: just before I get control of him, the defender marking the centre forward sprints. weirdly away from him, then snaps back and starts sprinting after him, but now two yards behind so he can't make a tackle; the striker is one on one and scores. It's like PES 2012 all over again. It looks completely ridiculous, especially after 75 minutes of an ultra-tight tactical battle. Happens even if you're playing on full defence with "deep defensive line" set, with three central defenders and two holding midfielders. It's just so deflating and miserable. You sit there thinking "what's the point in this?"

All the more depressing because, as I say, so much else is so good.
I agree with you 100%. I think it is a good game. I can pass the ball around, look for runs of my AI teammates, I can also jostle for the ball in midfield and if I have a good powerful player like Camavinga (I play as Rennes in ML) he will often win the ball fairly and a little scruffily - just like real life.

And yes, when the CPU decides it is time for them to score, they will pass the ball flawlessly once over 35 yards and again for the killer assist over 7 yards. It is annoying, I guess it does remind you that the AI does not have an actual intelligence but only certain scripted moves to beat you, that said it should also come down to individual duels that you can control in the box, for the final determination of whether a goal will happen. Can only hope the overall AI/CPU moves are greatly enhanced in next gen PES 2022.

Anyone else tested it? Thanks for the response ted
Got to be honest, I think it's great. It's noticeably tighter, more physical, feels a bit heavier (in a good way) but also, the way the game is balanced, things like first touch, technique, acceleration seem to matter a lot more. I've noticed less cheap scripted stuff. Played a fair few 25 minute games since the update, and the pace of long games feels nicer to me.

But it's definitely easier to defend now - probably too easy. I feel more in control of my defence, but that does mean I'm really not conceding many goals.

Might have a league mode go at this.
How is it Vs ML?
I've always enjoyed league mode gameplay Vs ML,even on 19,though 20 was pretty bad.
Anyone got experience on 21s league mode?

does the ai still runaway from the ball and also does everything still slow down in the attacking third of the pitch
Nope.For the first part at least this time the AI is unaware where the ball is, so they standing still letting the ball pass. The bright side, you can't run away from something you are unaware of. :P

Last edited:
Hi, I am trying to create an option file for the new PES game that comes out. If anyone knows any way to make it and could help me out, I would really appreciate it.

does the ai still runaway from the ball and also does everything still slow down in the attacking third of the pitch

Yes and yes. Your players also still slip when in a promising/threatening situation so not to reach the ball. I hate how Konami programmers think that we are too dumb to see that this is a deliberate AI exploit.

On the plus side I've seen a few things I haven't noticed before such as an overhit COM crossfield pass that sails over the wingers head to the outside. Not enough, though, to reduce the frustration level, especially in ML.

Got to say disappointed (as usual) with Data Pack 7. Definitely not as enjoyable as 6. They really need to start knocking in the head this bi monthly tweaking of the game it drives me insane.

As a customer I shouldn't have to worry whether my game will become unplayable in a months time or not, I want consistent great gameplay from a product I have bought. Its dreadful that you can be enjoying a game one minute then risk an update and get stuck with an unplayable mess.

They should definitely introduce versioning that the user can roll back to, I mean its bloody 2021 for goodness sake. But of course we suffer this because of the online crowd and they don't want mismatched version of games for those folks. Super annoying.

Back
Top Bottom