eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I've been a long term advocate of PES21 and see through the flaws and enjoy the game hugely.

The latest update has put the game in its best state since release. I've been editing a few bits so only played last night a couple of games but they were a joy. The tempo of the game, the way you can spread a pass, switch play, its superb. Yes, shooting sometimes lacks that 'wow' feeling but sometimes in a real match, you don't get loads of shots. This game is about creating them chances and taking them when they come, not an end to end speed and shoot fest.

I'm very happy with the game and can't wait to get a new ML on the go this weekend.

What I don't like about the shooting, is that lot of them are a lot anticlimactic, which for me is an issue since PES 3 days. That's just personal

About "new" issues I don't like the predictable of the situation. Most times the way my shooter moves and the opponent GK, looks more as a predetermined choreography, not any dynamic in it.

I mean even if a CB taps his foot and alters the trajectory of the ball, the GK (the CPU GK mostly) just fixes his foot planting animation and jumps backwards.

I dot even include the superman, supersaiyan, or shaolin GK saves, which seem ridiculous from time to time.

I think they should redo the whole shooting proceeds. Ideally it should be, you press Square, and since the ball launches, new dynamics are applied to alter the situation.

Now it is more, the exact moment you press Square button, the game AI precalculates the whole situation between the distance of you and the goalpost and it just loads some 2~3 different animation packs from a library, and plays that animation sequence, the same way you click the watch a video from a streaming platform.

Last edited:
What I don't like about the shooting, is that lot of them are a lot anticlimactic, which for me is an issue since PES 3 days. That's just personal

About "new" issues I don't like the predictable of the situation. Most times the way my shooter moves and the opponent GK, looks more as a predetermined choreography, not any dynamic in it.

I mean even if a CB taps his foot and alters the trajectory of the ball, the GK (the CPU GK mostly) just fixes his foot planting animation ang jumps backwards.

I dot even include the superman, supersaiyan, or shaolin GK saves, which seem ridiculous from time to time.

I think they should redo the whole shooting proceeds. Ideally it should be, you press Square, and since the ball launches, new dynamics are applied to alter the situation.

Now it is more, the exact moment you press Square button, the game AI precalculates the whole situation between the distance of you and the goalpost and it just loads some 2~3 different animation packs from a library, and plays that animation sequence, the same way you click the watch a video from a streaming platform.
I agree,and also on what @fregen is writing.
I can't play Pes at all nowadays,simply because of the shooting and the lack of "anything can happen moment,it's been like that for a long time.
They really need to rework a lot to make it fun again

Was gonna jump in and mention manual shooting.

I use a mix, I play basic shooting - purely as I found on fully manual I have a tendency to push the thumb stick up and balloon everything - but often find myself using super cancel and manual shooting in certain situations. I've scored a lot of goals I could never have using the basic shooting, especially from long range.

Even from close range I'd find the keeper would pull of a mental save when 1-on-1 but using manual you can learn to place the ball where you want. If I'm in a situation where it is a snapshot or something, most the time I rely on basic as my reactions ain't what they used to be 🤣

is there any chance of Konami including the Conference League or something similar in both Leage & ML modes?

I'm a Notts county fan so never likely to see them on Pes! Talking of Spurs I remember beating them 3.0 in the league cup in the 90s Ossie Ardiles got the sack the next day ... Happy days, now we are losing to Eastleigh 😁
You can always create yo favorite team dude. Blookrows, Saintragler and the 3 fake English relagated teams from last year, are a a good base to start. :)

You can always create yo favorite team dude. Blookrows, Saintragler and the 3 fake English relagated teams from last year, are a a good base to start. :)
Yeh I've done that in the past mate, it's a good laugh but not very realistic having Notts county challenging for Europe 😁. Do people use fluid formations much for their and CPU teams? Does it improve the game a lot? I've changed a lot of tactics for teams but seems a big headache doing all there fluid formations as well.

I'm a Notts county fan so never likely to see them on Pes! Talking of Spurs I remember beating them 3.0 in the league cup in the 90s Ossie Ardiles got the sack the next day ... Happy days, now we are losing to Eastleigh 😁
Weren't you taken to ver by some crazy ass owner and having Sven G Eriksson as a coach for a while?

You're in the conference now?
My sympathies mate

It's good you're not a Forest fan. Leicester fan here..

Game is unplayable, script all over the place
It's like selecting certain teams, not even good ones and games are always scripted

It's good you're not a Forest fan. Leicester fan here..
Congrats on the cup win.. yes don't mind Leicester especially as you have our ex keeper Kasper.. great lad. Can remember some great games against you in the past and a few run ins with the baby squad 😁

Weren't you taken to ver by some crazy ass owner and having Sven G Eriksson as a coach for a while?

You're in the conference now?
My sympathies mate
Yes mate got taken over by a couple of con men who signed Sven and loads of players and then did a runner! Nearly killed the club but fortunately Sven, Sol Campbell and Kasper Schmeichel walked away from their expensive contracts and found new clubs but it still left us millions in dept. Back to Pes and what spursfan said some days it just plays crap and scripted to fck and other days I can really enjoy it. But today playing master league I lost 0.2 to Bournemouth and then went to Liverpool and won 4.0 just sums the game up... They have just got to sort this sort of shit out in the next game, it can't be difficult to make good teams hard to beat and vise versa for weaker teams can it??!

Yes mate got taken over by a couple of con men who signed Sven and loads of players and then did a runner! Nearly killed the club but fortunately Sven, Sol Campbell and Kasper Schmeichel walked away from their expensive contracts and found new clubs but it still left us millions in dept. Back to Pes and what spursfan said some days it just plays crap and scripted to fck and other days I can really enjoy it. But today playing master league I lost 0.2 to Bournemouth and then went to Liverpool and won 4.0 just sums the game up... They have just got to sort this sort of shit out in the next game, it can't be difficult to make good teams hard to beat and vise versa for weaker teams can it??!
I have very little time around n this game, mainly because Pes 2020 was ass!
I played a game today,and I can't enjoy Pes anymore,it's so much missing,the only thing I like is movement.
The rest isn't enjoyable at all,no wow or wtf moments at all.
They need to rethink this series

So I went and bought myself one of those PS5- console- things (you guys heard about them?). Anyway, I fired up PES 2021 and yeah, it looks good (plays the same unfortunately) but I was wondering one thing. I tried to get a Online divisions match going but couldn't find anyone. I know it can take a while when searching for another manual player but it ususally doesn't take this long (I gave up after 15 min). I think I read that you would be able to play against PS4- guys online on PES, or did I dream that?

At least you are scoring more than one goal per match. My mid season ML looks something like this: 1-0, 0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, 1-0 ...

super exciting stuff...

I'm still on DP5, and probably will stay there. Playing on regular difficulty with multiple adjustments that I've posted before. Having a blast with manual shooting (FUMA controls), but also how the CPU is shooting. So much variety and missing the target is a joy to watch.

Hey Matt, you are using a gameplay mod, right?! the whole team shape looks better. i like the tv cam!

still, i cant stand those "1 or 2" shooting animations... they all look kinda the same! i see some nice mistakes by the AI but the shooting animation itself is almost the same! the ball flying is another thing... needs more variation too, imo! dipping shots, curving and dipping shots, rising shots, loopy balls, balls hit hard but loose speed due to ground contact and/or deflections, hard bend shots, drop kicks, inside and outside foot shots, lace shots... dont get me started on other body parts that are allowed to score from... ;)
when i played the current DP last monday, i did not like the rumbling and getting stuck in each other animations too... when a 1-2 sec. animation plays out after opponent contact and you cant do anything but wait till the animation ends.

i go back to the other games 16 version and there is sooooooo much more variety when shooting, joustling, heading... name it! the team shapes are well done as well; might be missing some more detail in difference between teams though. there is less space between players on the pitch too... i like that better.

edit: if i had your computer, i'd mod the hell out of PES2021 for sure! but first i'd give the other games 16 version a full pimping! :)

Last edited:
I've been a long term advocate of PES21 and see through the flaws and enjoy the game hugely.

The latest update has put the game in its best state since release. I've been editing a few bits so only played last night a couple of games but they were a joy. The tempo of the game, the way you can spread a pass, switch play, its superb. Yes, shooting sometimes lacks that 'wow' feeling but sometimes in a real match, you don't get loads of shots. This game is about creating them chances and taking them when they come, not an end to end speed and shoot fest.

I'm very happy with the game and can't wait to get a new ML on the go this weekend.
Same here. Anyone plays on Manual should enjoy the game. I like the last update and overall this edition. I can't seem to win any competition or advance beyond play offs in cup modes lol , which I mostly play offline. I don't know if it's me or the game is just hard, sometime I feel the momentum/CPU just will not let you win no matter.

Hey Matt, you are using a gameplay mod, right?! the whole team shape looks better. i like the tv cam!

still, i cant stand those "1 or 2" shooting animations... they all look kinda the same! i see some nice mistakes by the AI but the shooting animation itself is almost the same! the ball flying is another thing... needs more variation too, imo! dipping shots, curving and dipping shots, rising shots, loopy balls, balls hit hard but loose speed due to ground contact and/or deflections, hard bend shots, drop kicks, inside and outside foot shots, lace shots... dont get me started on other body parts that are allowed to score from... ;)
when i played the current DP last monday, i did not like the rumbling and getting stuck in each other animations too... when a 1-2 sec. animation plays out after opponent contact and you cant do anything but wait till the animation ends.

i go back to the other games 16 version and there is sooooooo much more variety when shooting, joustling, heading... name it! the team shapes are well done as well; might be missing some more detail in difference between teams though. there is less space between players on the pitch too... i like that better.

edit: if i had your computer, i'd mod the hell out of PES2021 for sure! but first i'd give the other games 16 version a full pimping! :)
Hi mate, no - no gameplay mods. This is vanilla, but with the adjustments to the positioning of players that I put in the video link.

I agree with you. The shooting animations need a revamp. If I had my hands on a global editor, I'd reduce balance all the way to "1" just to see what that does. However, if I'm not mistaken, the shot animations are programmed to go along with the keeper animations, so I imagine they go hand-in-hand. Although I feel like there are more keeper animations - even the stupid superman ones.

I haven't tried the latest DP yet. Feels like a lot of work to get what feels like the same gameplay, based on the video reviews and descriptions of DP6. I'm getting it with these adjustments, on regular difficulty, on DP5. If it's not broken, no need to fix it is the way I'm looking at it.

16 version, you mean PES 2016, right? I've not tempted myself to dig back into older games anymore. It's a mix of being too heart-breaking for how the current games are, and how the limits have been reached for that nostalgic game.

FWIW, I am loving every minute of PES 21 right now. I never thought I would. But, it's taken a bit to get here and to accept what works for me. I'm sitting bottom of the table in Ligue 2 as AJ Auxerre headed into December, and just the other day had my first win on the season. I'd say that's the challenge I've been looking for, backed by the reality of how every team plays differently - with a mix of pressure to perform situations. Honestly, I cannot put the game down right now. I'll even be posting full matches to my YouTube channel soon.

Hi mate, no - no gameplay mods. This is vanilla, but with the adjustments to the positioning of players that I put in the video link.

I agree with you. The shooting animations need a revamp. If I had my hands on a global editor, I'd reduce balance all the way to "1" just to see what that does. However, if I'm not mistaken, the shot animations are programmed to go along with the keeper animations, so I imagine they go hand-in-hand. Although I feel like there are more keeper animations - even the stupid superman ones.

I haven't tried the latest DP yet. Feels like a lot of work to get what feels like the same gameplay, based on the video reviews and descriptions of DP6. I'm getting it with these adjustments, on regular difficulty, on DP5. If it's not broken, no need to fix it is the way I'm looking at it.

16 version, you mean PES 2016, right? I've not tempted myself to dig back into older games anymore. It's a mix of being too heart-breaking for how the current games are, and how the limits have been reached for that nostalgic game.

FWIW, I am loving every minute of PES 21 right now. I never thought I would. But, it's taken a bit to get here and to accept what works for me. I'm sitting bottom of the table in Ligue 2 as AJ Auxerre headed into December, and just the other day had my first win on the season. I'd say that's the challenge I've been looking for, backed by the reality of how every team plays differently - with a mix of pressure to perform situations. Honestly, I cannot put the game down right now. I'll even be posting full matches to my YouTube channel soon.
No no... I meant the other game! EAs!

Much love; for you enjoying a football video game and giving insights.

Last edited:

which difficulty and gamespeed do you play?

Have held out against 2021 this long but... Basic question, probably answered elsewhere, which I cannot find after much searching: Can simultaneous PES 2020 & @ 2021 ML saves be stored on the same console? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom