eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Ok so April 27th was the date I completely gave up on PES this time around. It has run it's course and I would rate it at 5/10.

The game is still too much on rails and the shooting is sooooo dull it sucks the life out of me. It has glimpses of that "old" PES feeling, especially in the player- ID and in the passing (manual) at times but overall the matches are way too predictable and rigid.

Anyway, a PS5 is bought and it's just waiting to be disappointed with PES 2022... ;)

Ok so April 27th was the date I completely gave up on PES this time around. It has run it's course and I would rate it at 5/10.

The game is still too much on rails and the shooting is sooooo dull it sucks the life out of me. It has glimpses of that "old" PES feeling, especially in the player- ID and in the passing (manual) at times but overall the matches are way too predictable and rigid.

Anyway, a PS5 is bought and it's just waiting to be disappointed with PES 2022... ;)
You play Braca, Juventus and Man united only? that's your exact problem.
PES ALWAYS plays like crap with top teams. I never touched 4.5 star teams for like 4 years now on PES.
Use 3 (or less) star teams

You play Braca, Juventus and Man united only? that's your exact problem.
PES ALWAYS plays like crap with top teams. I never touched 4.5 star teams for like 4 years now on PES.
Use 3 (or less) star teams

Hello mr Internet who seem to know stuff about how I play PES. No I don't acctually, I play Online Divisions (manual passing) with teams like Sao Paulo and Lyon most of the time. Sometimes I go for Bayern or Brazil NT just to mix it up, but I also use Colo Colo or Japan NT. Do you know what I have for breakfast as well or do you want me to tell you that? :)

I'm sorry but the game being on rails, the shooting being horrible and overall utterly predictable still applies.

Last edited:
Hello mr Internet how seem to know stuff about how I play PES. No I don't acctually, I play Online Divisions (manual passing) with teams like Sao Paulo and Lyon most of the time. Sometimes I go for Bayern or Brazil NT just to mix it up, but I also use Colo Colo or Japan NT. Do you know what I have for breakfast as well or do you want me to tell you that? :)

I'm sorry but the game being on rails, the shooting horrible and overall utterly predictable still applies.
It's really on rails,I have less than 10 hrs of Pes 21,and I don't like it at all,not going to mention the shitty gameplay (oops) but it doesn't feel free at all.

I played a game on Pes 16 the other day,I needed an easy achievement for a Xbox thing,old Pes games are great at milking achievements from,and that game with insanely bad goalkeeping etc still feels like a step fw compared to Pes 20+21.

Last edited:
Played a couple of 1v1 games online. Coming from months of playing 11v11 with humans, all I can say is the AI is dumb beyond belief lol. Even the best AI work can't even acknowledge 10% of the nuance of timing and spacing. U can literally just stand there and if the AI support doesn't trigger, it doesn't trigger, no one will come help you opening lines of support or pull open space, INTELLIGENTLY.

It makes you feel like you need to walk into certain zones or be at a certain distance or facing a certain direction, to trigger something to happen, but then after a few games, it's really feels like standing in front of a sliding door sensor of a store and trying to get it to pick up your motion and open the damn door 😂 I don't think my brain can stand 1v1 or the AI anymore

Last edited:
It's really on rails,I have less than 10 hrs of Pes 21,and I don't like it at all,not going to mention the shitty gameplay (oops) but it doesn't feel free at all.

I played a game on Pes 16 the other day,I needed an easy achievement for a Xbox thing,old Pes games are great at milking achievements from,and that game with insanely bad goalkeeping etc still feels like a step fw compared to Pes 20+21.
Same for 2017, that game is brilliant including the AI. Played Argentina V Brazil on 21 and the AI was docile, no press similar patterns of attack etc - which is strange as after last patch it felt different. Played same game on 2017 and the AI was varied, all over me on the pitch pressing. Much more variation in goals too. It bewilders me how they can go backwards with AI, if anything just leave it alone and work on the presentation,, visuals, modes etc

Same for 2017, that game is brilliant including the AI. Played Argentina V Brazil on 21 and the AI was docile, no press similar patterns of attack etc - which is strange as after last patch it felt different. Played same game on 2017 and the AI was varied, all over me on the pitch pressing. Much more variation in goals too. It bewilders me how they can go backwards with AI, if anything just leave it alone and work on the presentation,, visuals, modes etc
My last games played on pes 17 was around mid Pes 20,and it really blew my mind.
CPU took a shoot from 30-35 meters,out of the blue.
Those aha/wtf moments doesn't really happened on modern game,well wtf but in a negative way.

An awful awful game that regresses with every new DP

Konami’s standards are so low at the moment that we celebrate winning a penalty/free kick, The AI taking a long shot or attacking us with a different pattern.

The soulless shooting and lack of awareness of the ball from your players is just sad.

3 or 4 years of filling surveys,Facebook pages feedback,Sharing gameplay and tactical issues yet we get treated to this joke of a product.

I‘d be happy if they fix the regen issue in ML next year

Perhaps they are listen the wrong feedback. There's a lot of YouTubers that is saying that the game is fine and realistic. True brits, The midnight kid and Spoony for exemple.

One of my problems with this new football games is that, it doesnt feel that you are in control of a football player, controlling a ball anymore, if you know what I mean. People use to complain about the older PES version saying that players moves on rails, that lower skilled player turns like a bus. Well, how does a football player suppose to move? Like he is wearing rollerskates with a balloon glued to his feet?

Anyone who's actually have played a little bit of football in his life, know how a football player moves. You touch the ball then you move. It's impossible make round turns.

Imho, even the old school fanbase of PES, doesn't want a realistic game anymore.

Last edited:
Perhaps they are listen the wrong feedback. There's a lot of YouTubers that is saying that the game is fine and realistic. True brits, The midnight kid and Spoony for exemple.

One of my problems with this new football games is that, it doesnt feel that you are in control of a football player, controlling a ball anymore, if you know what I mean. People use to complain about the older PES version saying that players moves on rails, that lower skilled player turns like a bus. Well, how does a football player suppose to move? Like he is wearing rollerskates with a balloon glued to his feet?

Anyone who's actually have played a little bit of football in his life, know how a football player moves. You touch the ball then you move. It's impossible make round turns.

Imho, even the old school fanbase of PES, doesn't want a realistic game anymore.
The guys you mentioned,they all play a very modded pc version,don't they?
And besides,too bad we're at the point that influencers like those guys is the voice of pes,they all make a profit doing what they're doing,that's the bottom line.
And that's what Konami listens too.

I think one problem with Pes/Konami is that they're moving away from being a quirky Japanese video football game producers and are now more of a "international" (fits everyone) mainstream company,making game that everyone can like,not like it use to be,more for the odd/hardcore/not FIFA player

PES you tubers are mostly good people who aren’t mercenaries and they do point out issues with the game, Of course they have to be diplomatic which is understandable.

But when someone like true brits who i personally like uses all sider modules and gameplay files on pc to try to get the game to resemble football then where does this leave the console version?

Identical ai atacking patterns, Deep defensive line tactics and lack of player and team id needs to be sorted out, We've waited for too long and these aren't hardcore fans request its just a minimum requirement from a game in this day and age

PES you tubers are mostly good people who aren’t mercenaries and they do point out issues with the game, Of course they have to be diplomatic which is understandable.

But when someone like true brits who i personally like uses all sider modules and gameplay files on pc to try to get the game to resemble football then where does this leave the console version?

Identical ai atacking patterns, Deep defensive line tactics and lack of player and team id needs to be sorted out, We've waited for too long and these aren't hardcore fans request its just a minimum requirement from a game in this day and age
Very true,this game needs some element of randomness,it's the same from the CPU (and you score the same goal over and over again) and it's been the same since Pes 18/19

PC Masterrace

Hey guys so I have an interesting issue here.
So I have a PS5 and have the digital version of PES 2021. Now when replays come on, there's a strange line curved going from about mid right of my TV down to the bottom of my TV. It moves with the camera basically. Also the replay screen looks shocking, like the camera being used has marks on it and grainy lines. At first I thought damn my TV has a mark on it (one mark stands out more). Now I never remembered this on PES 2020 so I decided to download the disc version of that and surprise surprise absolutely nothing. The replays are fine and look clear as day. Just like the gameplay view. Now is this a problem on the game or is this just happening with my version ? The line is very light and it's like it could be a shadow or part of the camera, but it happens and any ground and every game. ONLY during replays. I'm stumped.

Hey guys so I have an interesting issue here.
So I have a PS5 and have the digital version of PES 2021. Now when replays come on, there's a strange line curved going from about mid right of my TV down to the bottom of my TV. It moves with the camera basically. Also the replay screen looks shocking, like the camera being used has marks on it and grainy lines. At first I thought damn my TV has a mark on it (one mark stands out more). Now I never remembered this on PES 2020 so I decided to download the disc version of that and surprise surprise absolutely nothing. The replays are fine and look clear as day. Just like the gameplay view. Now is this a problem on the game or is this just happening with my version ? The line is very light and it's like it could be a shadow or part of the camera, but it happens and any ground and every game. ONLY during replays. I'm stumped.
Well, can you show a photo of what you see?

Well, can you show a photo of what you see?
Can't really see it in a photo. Took one, uploaded it and doesn't show. It's faint. Best way to describe it is when the replays come on it's like your TV screen is dirty.

So I’m pretty much done with the game for now.
I have to admit, I expected nothing from the season update but got pleasantly surprised. I really had my fun with the game and for me personally after PES 17 it is the second best of it’s generation.
The feeling on the ball and the animations are spot on and at times it really looks like real football. But right now I think I’ve seen it all. For long term playing it is just way too less varied, especially the the shots. Chris Davies mentioned it in some other thread before if I‘m not wrong: the ball physics look fantastic but it seems that it’s not very dynamic and it's if the game has just a very limited outcome of how the ball behaves, especially with the shooting system. This is definitely a thing the other game makes way better.
It was fun while it lasted but now I expect a big step up for PES 2022. But tbh, „expect“ is not the right word…

Last edited:
PESMASTER seems down for a few hours now. Can it be that DAtaPack is coming this Thursday?

Yes, it's coming this week. For me the site is working again.
(how do they manage to get early access to the database? Is it from the mobile version?)
i wonder about the same question. Also AFAIK the team behind PESMASTER, are the same who used to create PESedit patch...maybe i am wrong here.

I checked PESofficial social media, but the dont have any info for next DP. Only posts about esports/eleagues..

i wonder about the same question. Also AFAIK the team behind PESMASTER, are the same who used to create PESedit patch...maybe i am wrong here.

I checked PESofficial social media, but the dont have any info for next DP. Only posts about esports/eleagues..

Is this confirmed anywhere ?

Konami don't announce the dp dates anymore, probably because many people complained in the past

I dread everytime they release a new data pack ... Konami ... Turning a good game into a shit game since 1995 , or your money back 😣🙈
They two and fro during the year as though they aren't certain and that's been going on for ages. It's like they tweak something but it has an unknown knock on effect. It's also really strange on release each patch feels noticeably different then a week later feels very similar to what it was pre patch. I'm not expecting much on next patch it's all gone a bit stale and samey and I don't play a lot at all

Back
Top Bottom