eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

As usual, very comprehensive update notes.

A new Update File (Data Pack 6.00 & Patch 1.06.00) was released on 20/05/2021.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ Updated club team strips.
・ Updated national team strips.
・ Updated league emblems.
・ Updated face models.
・ Updated player portraits.
・ Added manager portraits.
・ Updated stadium data.
・ Updated commentary data.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....THE PLOT TWIST!!!! :D
Global Improvements
A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

E10c5LrX0AAKEHq
E10dY34WEAcsBqa

E10dOq4XIAAG8mc
E10dExbWEAI1WYJ

E10c_3VWEAArD4E

https://twitter.com/officialpes

Wouldn't be surprised if those stadium are re-added as visually pimped duplicates (EURO 2020 ads, boards, carpets, etc. ... but available for selection only in EURO mode)

Seen enough after one game after the update. Even with Holland's latest mod which does bring great improvements its still a hopeless mess on superstar in ML. Haven't played for a number of weeks and am not about to.

Today I was thinking why I have all this nagging with this game. The game its not that bad.
To me, it's not about licenses, stars and classic players. It's because I'm not use to play football in the real life anymore and I wanted a football game that replicate the feel of passing the ball cautiously across the field. That feeling of struggling to control a bad pass. That feel of after skinning a defender on midfield, lifting your eyes looking for a runner. That feel of ballooning a shot way over the bar.

It's like playing RFactor 2. It's not about fancy menus and graphics. It's about the physics and authenticity.

I have came to the conclusion that football games don't play like this, not because of the hardware but they have no creativity or no interest at all.

Today I was thinking why I have all this nagging with this game. The game its not that bad.
To me, it's not about licenses, stars and classic players. It's because I'm not use to play football in the real life anymore and I wanted a football game that replicate the feel of passing the ball cautiously across the field. That feeling of struggling to control a bad pass. That feel of after skinning a defender on midfield, lifting your eyes looking for a runner. That feel of ballooning a shot way over the bar.

It's like playing RFactor 2. It's not about fancy menus and graphics. It's about the physics and authenticity.

I have came to the conclusion that football games don't play like this, not because of the hardware but they have no creativity or no interest at all.
Tbf all these you've mentioned are present in this version of the game. I still think PES21 does a good job replicating the sport especially when someone is using the manual controls and has time to invest practicing. Tbh I'm not even that good as e.g. KnightMD in the game but I'm still having fun after so many months and the required dose of frustration when things go wrong or while trying desperately to break some low block defenses of the cpu.
People are right blaming Konami for their overall approach to some modes and lack of features but this is a good football videogame on the pitch.

Not played this for a while, was totally cheesed off after dp5.. crap collisions, more fouls etc seemed to ruin the flow of the game. Has it improved at all after dp6? If not I'm taking the plunge and starting again with vanilla, I thought that played well.. hope I'm right as I'll be back to a load of editing and option files again. Damn you konami 🤬

If your PS4 there's no way back to DP4. From the PS4 start screen you can delete all system data for PES21, and this will be vanilla but...that's not just DPs - it's transfers / squad updates, and appearance changes too. I would hang on for DP6 - DP5 has been poor in the past few release cycles.
If your PS4 there's no way back to DP4. From the PS4 start screen you can delete all system data for PES21, and this will be vanilla but...that's not just DPs - it's transfers / squad updates, and appearance changes too. I would hang on for DP6 - DP5 has been poor in the past few release cycles.
So trying to get back to vanilla, I have deleted the system data from the start up and loaded up Pes 21 but it still says version 1.06. Do I need to do something else?

Major enthusiast sites are starting to get more vocal with their criticism of Konami, which is what we've needed for a long time.

Anyone else see this? Kotaku: Konami, Please, This Is Excruciating

"But man, the more time goes on, and the more amateur-hour shit like this remaining fans have to put up with, the harder Konami makes it."

Testify!

Usually I'm not so quick to criticise as I don't have a grasp of how difficult these changes are to make and how resource-intensive they are to roll out. But this is pathetic.

Their (mis)use of licences never ceases to amaze. Why even bother? Was it just to carry eEURO 2021?

So trying to get back to vanilla, I have deleted the system data from the start up and loaded up Pes 21 but it still says version 1.06. Do I need to do something else?
Do you know how to execute the vanilla installation properly?

You must delete all files of PES 2021, edit,system and uninstall the PES2021 app, then switch off you internet connection and insert the disc. Install, launch the game, and keep it by any means OFFLINE in all situation. The first time you will forget it ONLINE, it will update itself by force.

PLUS to mention you cannot install any Option File when you are in vanilla mode...

Do you know how to execute the vanilla installation properly?

You must delete all files of PES 2021, edit,system and uninstall the PES2021 app, then switch off you internet connection and insert the disc. Install, launch the game, and keep it by any means OFFLINE in all situation. The first time you will forget it ONLINE, it will update itself by force.

PLUS to mention you cannot install any Option File when you are in vanilla mode...
Yes I did turn off internet connection. Ok will give it another go.. thanks for your help mate

They STILL haven’t fixed the “deep defensive line” tactic where the defence sits on the 18-yard line even though the ball is in the other half. Grrrr.

They STILL haven’t fixed the “deep defensive line” tactic where the defence sits on the 18-yard line even though the ball is in the other half. Grrrr.
Even with the tactic switched off and defensive line set to the highest, teams still sit way too deep unfortunately. The midfielders as well rarely come out and engage. They need to fix this problem BADLY with the new engine, it makes every game play out the same.

I haven't tried the new patch since I gave up on the game with the last one but whatever has changed it won't help the completely soulless shooting and the overall feeling of the game being on rails (98 times of 100 I know by now what is going to happen in any given situation). So it might be a tad bit better but the fundamentals are still wrong so to speak.

Hey konami could you hire me for half a day so I can have you implement the option to set up the real life Euro 2020 groups with the touch of a button? I know it sounds mad but some people actually want this in game Euro to be the same as the actual Euro.
Cheers, guys.

Hey konami could you hire me for half a day so I can have you implement the option to set up the real life Euro 2020 groups with the touch of a button? I know it sounds mad but some people actually want this in game Euro to be the same as the actual Euro.
Cheers, guys.
Half a day? It won't take more than 10 minutes of simple coding to implement this. It's unacceptable we have to arrange the groups manually to get the original Euro groups structure. KONAMI can fix it within 2 minutes by having the default screen as the original groups!

I haven't tried the new patch since I gave up on the game with the last one but whatever has changed it won't help the completely soulless shooting and the overall feeling of the game being on rails (98 times of 100 I know by now what is going to happen in any given situation). So it might be a tad bit better but the fundamentals are still wrong so to speak.
I'm still on DP5, and probably will stay there. Playing on regular difficulty with multiple adjustments that I've posted before. Having a blast with manual shooting (FUMA controls), but also how the CPU is shooting. So much variety and missing the target is a joy to watch.

Cheers, guys.

You've got to be kidding me?! Literally shaking my head at this point. Wildly incompetent that such an option is omitted. It should be like that by default, if anything!

I agree with Kevin's review. The AI is the best seen in a football videogame and I've played every single one since the early 90s. Are there issues? Yes. I think many players of the other game have already moved to PES as the dedicated forum at OS never had so many posts and for a decade the focus was on the FIFA series. Hope KONAMI sees the opportunity and brings something special with PES 2022.

Back
Top Bottom