eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Do you not find it abit slow and clunky when dribbling?
Actually I am trying to find out what the settings should be for this game as $Foolball 2022 is ridiculous. I play on FUMA xbox series x and Samsung tv. HDR is turned off as it ruins the game. I have to send a telegram to my players before they respond. Then I dont know if live update and asset should be implemented. In my experience all these updates ruin the responseness in the game. I also have a theory that altering the speed from default changes the gameplay to the bad side.

Please let me hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Actually I am trying to find out what the settings should be for this game as $Foolball 2022 is ridiculous. I play on FUMA xbox series x and samsund tv. HDR is turned off as it ruins the game. I have to send a telegram to my players before they respond. Then i dont know if live update and asset should be implemented. In my experience all these updates ruin the responseness of the game. I also have a theory that aletering the speed from default makes the game play in a wrong way.

Please let me hear you comments.
And when the game is set to 30 minutes the time runs faster when resolution is set to 1080p compared to 4K?????

guys I;m enjoying so much good in this game but can't find a final balance in ML. Are there ML players and how do you play? I'm now on professional, +1 speed, 6 min halves. Fuma. But can't find a good balance. How do you guys play? Fuma or advanced/basic? ML? Which team etc. Playtime..
I've the feeling that this game has some great things in it, but can enjoy it as long as I enjoyed PES 2017. So would you help me?
I'm on xbox. (and bit jealous on the pc gamers here ;) )

guys I;m enjoying so much good in this game but can't find a final balance in ML. Are there ML players and how do you play? I'm now on professional, +1 speed, 6 min halves. Fuma. But can't find a good balance. How do you guys play? Fuma or advanced/basic? ML? Which team etc. Playtime..
I've the feeling that this game has some great things in it, but can enjoy it as long as I enjoyed PES 2017. So would you help me?
I'm on xbox. (and bit jealous on the pc gamers here ;) )

I'm in the late 2030s in my ML on the PS4 and regard PES 2021 as the best PES of its console generation and one of the greatest ever. The notion that a PES is somehow over and done with when its calendar year ticks by is absolute insanity (but an oddly standard view for many football gamers). PES 2021 will be playable as long as the tech exists to play it on. That PC version will be iterated and reiterated upon endlessly over the coming years. Won't be long before one of the mods will simply be renamed as.... PES 2022.

I played on Top Player to start with, Level 1 passing, Basic Shooting and Through Balls. I went up to Superstar and then Legend when it seemed right to do so.

FUMA interests me but it has two problems that I've never come to terms with: the length of time it takes to learn, and the unsatisfying shooting. Of the two, the shooting is the most serious problem. There has to be a palpable sense of directing the shot using the left stick or it's not right for me. The micro-movements of direction used in manual shooting doesn't satisfy. I did play HAMA (Half-Manual) for a time. Manual passing and Through-balls, but stuck with Basic Shooting. That is a good halfway house.

10/11/12 minute matches allows you to progress through the seasons at a decent pace.

Start with the Default players as that gives you the best traditional ML experience. The greatness of ML is how quickly or slowly you choose to populate your squad with better players, how those players can change your fortunes, and also seeing which of the existing Defaults will emerge as team leaders and aces in their own rights. If you start with regular club players you miss out on the richness of that journey.

I'm in the late 2030s in my ML on the PS4 and regard PES 2021 as the best PES of its console generation and one of the greatest ever. The notion that a PES is somehow over and done with when its calendar year ticks by is absolute insanity (but an oddly standard view for many football gamers). PES 2021 will be playable as long as the tech exists to play it on. That PC version will be iterated and reiterated upon endlessly over the coming years. Won't be long before one of the mods will simply be renamed as.... PES 2022.

I played on Top Player to start with, Level 1 passing, Basic Shooting and Through Balls. I went up to Superstar and then Legend when it seemed right to do so.

FUMA interests me but it has two problems that I've never come to terms with: the length of time it takes to learn, and the unsatisfying shooting. Of the two, the shooting is the most serious problem. There has to be a palpable sense of directing the shot using the left stick or it's not right for me. The micro-movements of direction used in manual shooting doesn't satisfy. I did play HAMA (Half-Manual) for a time. Manual passing and Through-balls, but stuck with Basic Shooting. That is a good halfway house.

10/11/12 minute matches allows you to progress through the seasons at a decent pace.

Start with the Default players as that gives you the best traditional ML experience. The greatness of ML is how quickly or slowly you choose to populate your squad with better players, how those players can change your fortunes, and also seeing which of the existing Defaults will emerge as team leaders and aces in their own rights. If you start with regular club players you miss out on the richness of that journey.
Great, i’m will start with default players :). great to read and thx for the ideas!

I did play HAMA (Half-Manual) for a time. Manual passing and Through-balls, but stuck with Basic Shooting. That is a good halfway house
Thats how I started as well.
No point of overwhelming yourself and adding too much frustration.
After a while I went up to Advanced Shooting and then full manual. But they were all my choices and I felt that I wanted to "progress".
You're on a good path there.

PES 2021 is going to be removed from Playstation Store next month.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2021-30612

:RANT:

*You will no longer be able to use the 'Share Play' feature to play online with your friends after the game has been removed from the store.

The end date of online service for eFootball PES 2021 (when servers will be permanently shut down) has yet to be determined, but will be announced some time in the near future.
If you wish to continue enjoying the kind of online football experience that only this franchise can offer, we suggest you check eFootball™ 2022 by following the link below.
https://www.konami.com/efootball/

Guys, now eFOOTBALL name makes sense.. there will be just Seasons Update from now, every year. The game will be Season Pass because they makes tons of money just from MyClub mode and microctransactions, so they do not need to make new game every year. Just will be
eFOOTBALL Season update 2021, 2022 and etc.
And you predicted the future... 😱

PES 2021 is going to be removed from Playstation Store next month.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2021-30612
Another massive misstep by Konami. It's this, much more than anything to do with eFootball, that really annoys me. Huge problems with a new game I can understand. But wilfully undermining a game that nobly represents (IMO) the franchise as a whole is the definition of self-sabotage. Now I want the elite PC modders to band together and produce PES 2022. It's pretty much already happened of course, we just need that intro splash screen saying PES 2022 on one of them (or make our own), and then eFootball can take as long as it likes.

And you predicted the future... 😱
But, he can't read your reply cause he is banned.. But yes he did predict a part of the future (present by now).

In other news @Joël22 , i have made more than 10 seasons in 2~3 different saves. In my current save, i am in third season with PAris FC, in Ligue 1. Started with PFC official roster and not ML defaults, cause some teams are already worse than ML default, about 1,5*~2* OPR. Whenever it is a stronger team, i start with defaults.

My current settings are: SUPERSTAR, PA1, basic everything, semimanual cursor change, assisted off the ball teammate control. What really made the SUPERSTAR leve playable for me again, was back in PES 2022 ( which i also play besides 2021 ML) was turn the match duration from 10 minutes to 15 minutes.

Never believed that game duration would affect gameplay, especially CPU,but at least for me it did the work, it calmed the things a little bit.

In SUPERSTAR i am alright right now, it has the shitfest, scriptfest moments, but most time i feel i have some effect on game result, still not 100%, always there is some handicap, but better than 2019, 2018 which are FOR ME unplayble on SUperstart.

For LEGENDARY level, since i am ok with Superstar, i have not even tried it, and dont plan to do any experiment on it. I want my mind to stay clear and stable. :)

So they remove the stable one and force people to play the broken one ? That's 500 IQ move right there...
would they not be forced to remove it after a certain point due to licenses and such, i'm just guessing as it makes no sense in loss of sales as PES22 is
1. Free
2.Shite

Ah I tried man.. I started a master league with SPAL on Superstar warning bit of a rant..

I havent really played much of PES 2021 since its release as it annoyed me but played loads of ML seasons on 16,17,18,19 so thought I'd give it one last go..

I'm trying to enjoy it but what is the deal with this game? hardly ANYTHING you try pull off works every through ball intercepted, AI defenders intercepting through your legs, can't beat a man for pace can't win headers to score from crosses, corners are pointless, AI feel like immovable cyborgs

I played 18 matches so far W5 D4 L9 team spirit is 71 but my team just plays like its underwater compared to the CPU? It's a shame had some really good moments and I'm enjoying being at the bottom end of the series B table but the overall experience is just enough to make you go bald

PES 18 I played around 13 seasons on my ML and scored every type of goal imaginable but the way this game stifles you and makes it so rigid destroys any fun I want to continue but does it get any better? Few questions

How do you all deal with playing the ball to your CF feet with his back to goal on the 18yrd line? Second its touched his feet the AI steal it

How the hell do you accelerate past the defenders when your x2 slower than the CPU? I'm trying the R stick it works once every 30 tried to gain me a yard but then I'm swallowed up

How do you win crosses? I have a winger with pinpoint crossing skill and it never hits my strikers head and super cancel is useless as theres 9 enemy players in the box tried L1 cross and L1 R2 etc etc triple tap low blah blah

They sucked the life out of having Fun on these games by cheap difficulty tactics your players animations are so much slower it's like the game encourages you to treat the ball like a hot potato in the last 3rd

Last edited:

which speed do you play? Tonight i’m gonna chill with pes 2021😊

Ah I tried man.. I started a master league with SPAL on Superstar warning bit of a rant..

I havent really played much of PES 2021 since its release as it annoyed me but played loads of ML seasons on 16,17,18,19 so thought I'd give it one last go..

I'm trying to enjoy it but what is the deal with this game? hardly ANYTHING you try pull off works every through ball intercepted, AI defenders intercepting through your legs, can't beat a man for pace can't win headers to score from crosses, corners are pointless, AI feel like immovable cyborgs

I played 18 matches so far W5 D4 L9 team spirit is 71 but my team just plays like its underwater compared to the CPU? It's a shame had some really good moments and I'm enjoying being at the bottom end of the series B table but the overall experience is just enough to make you go bald

PES 18 I played around 13 seasons on my ML and scored every type of goal imaginable but the way this game stifles you and makes it so rigid destroys any fun I want to continue but does it get any better? Few questions

How do you all deal with playing the ball to your CF feet with his back to goal on the 18yrd line? Second its touched his feet the AI steal it

How the hell do you accelerate past the defenders when your x2 slower than the CPU? I'm trying the R stick it works once every 30 tried to gain me a yard but then I'm swallowed up

How do you win crosses? I have a winger with pinpoint crossing skill and it never hits my strikers head and super cancel is useless as theres 9 enemy players in the box tried L1 cross and L1 R2 etc etc triple tap low blah blah

They sucked the life out of having Fun on these games by cheap difficulty tactics your players animations are so much slower it's like the game encourages you to treat the ball like a hot potato in the last 3rd

Following on from my frustrated rant I really digged in and dragged my team to 6th place and made the playoffs despite sitting around 18th by december. I managed to beat Pescara in ET 2-1 in the QF and my team are literally dead stamina wise but I think I have the knack of the game now but still have my frustrations with it because it does feel restricted attacking wise compared to PES 2018 where I scored every type of goal imaginable but going to persist and see what happens when I build the team I want

Screenshot_20211117-223302_YouTube.jpg

To me, PES 2018 was so easy to score incredible goals that i litterally switched it.
There's 2 differences to me about variety of goal : or because the game is easier to shoot, attack and dribble (PES 2018 case)
Or because ball physics and AI are + advanced... But i you can do what you want when you want, scoring a great goal doesn't have any kind of taste.

PES 2021 case is different, sometimes yes you can score incredible goals without struggling a bit by luck, but if you want to score super goals you got to fought and got a very good timing, and be skilled.

Well, in my case, PES 2016 and 2018 are the one i got less pleasure to play (the first because all goals were bowling bullets, the second because there was no faults, and it was like the mentionned case above : pitch too big but not the physicality introduced in PES 2019. I like that version in terms of controls, physics, even faults etc. btw, less in terms of CPU AI. PES 2021 got, to me at least, all that i want : physicality and CPU challenge. I feel a boost on CPU which isn't really a "script", but i never felt stolen by the CPU or my team decreased. I always feels responsible.

PES 2020, for example, was a bit weird, and less dynamic, less challenging, and the last patch killed the AI : they improved ball physics but the players didn't know what to do with that new ball "heaviness", they felt lost vs the ball. It was good before the last patch.
Fortunately PES 2021 rectified all that mess. Same graphics but another game to me. And i still don't found what PES 2020 got in more, not at all to be honest.

The notion that a PES is somehow over and done with when its calendar year ticks by is absolute insanity (but an oddly standard view for many football gamers). PES 2021 will be playable as long as the tech exists to play it on. That PC version will be iterated and reiterated upon endlessly over the coming years. Won't be long before one of the mods will simply be renamed as.... PES 2022.
I completely agree with this! This is definitely a way forward, and a nice way to have continuation with the PES franchise. I bet the modding community will continue to be so active with PES 2021, it'll constantly improve and be tweaked upon with updated rosters, stats, faces, features, personalized soundtracks, gameplay, etc. I see the future of PES 2021 modding as very bright, especially because there is so much enthusiasm in all languages, for example the South American PES 2021 community is very very active as well. :TU:

Can't imagine what they have in mind with Efootball "Spring" version and don't want to ear it. But it was to me the best decision.
To me it's like it doesn't exist and i'm focusing on PES 2021; but not transfers especially : data corrections. And there's a lot of it, only in PL with height and weight completely wrong or random, well not completely random but estimated.

Especially for youth, for not having a "standard" 180cm 78kg" i imagine : they made estimation as some players are close to their real height. A bit less closer than Fifa data editors works btw.
But still some are pretty wrong. And many are foundable, just a matter of being meticulous or not (i am, i would like to be less to be honest as the issue is it take much time to correct or create players/teams)

And a lot of U23 and U19 players, annoying, that's what takes a lot of time to check, compare, and decide, sometimes made a compromise when you got two source (172 or 174 cm > i check on pics, and if i can compare, i give to the player 173cm as a compromise)
But also because i took notes for modders, on excel, with details of what i changed and proof with pictures or websites links. So i think to PC gamers even if it's a PS4 editing work.

Being in my current ML, in the worst period ever, around 10 matches without win in my 3rd season, TS is around 95, bit strange things are happening. I will expand on this latter.

For now, as i am slowly coming back, a nice screamer by Rakitic, which resulted in a banger and goal, by ball hitting GK's back.

Shame that the AI counted it as own goal and prevented my player to break through to a crazy celebration. :(

Following a nice rapid counter-attack.

I know technically it was an own goal, but according to IIRC an UEFA revised rule, and just for justice's shake, if I were the ref, I would count it as straight goal to Rakitic.

I feel as probably so many of us do that I should be higher ranked than what I am.
I have a good feel for the game and can play well, but when attacking I am not always able to get to the opponents goal for one reason or another.
It is like the game environment won't let me. I was playing against an opponent online who had a goal ratio of 2.90, but he couldn't play good football if at all, he was playing very direct and his players were always facing the goal, not sure how he was able to get his players to do that. My goal concede ratio is a pretty respectable 1.90, could be better, but I usually feel the game environment being against me and this is vastly the reason for why it isn't lower.

I lost 5-0 to this opponent. I am not sure if he was able to manipulate the game environment so he could stand a chance, but I do have my suspicions as it just looked too easy for him.

Something gameplay related, not PES 2021 only, but PES general, an outdated animation for Volley? kick (don't know the English name, the ala Zidane vs Leverkusen volley), I hate it since it was introduced, PES 4 IIRC ot PES 5/6.

I don't like it since the old days, and even today with more modern animations, it still happens, not so often as old PES games, but still happens, especially after rebounds.

I mean from that angle, it is very difficult or even impossible to hit a strong shoot with the inner side of the foot. Outside foot should be the proper animation for a strong volley depict.

Basically the cou-de-pied of the foot is the proper place for a volley.

In contrast, that's how it usually happens in the other game. In PES it is very hard to reproduce it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom