eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Add 10 more😁
If I have the time I'd setup a ML with 15 created players and test it.
Strange thing playing league/ML is that I get more free kicks on REG/professional than on TP/SS,much more sloppy and not so precisely in tackling etc

Sloppy is good. Unfortunately when I played on pro it ended up too easy too quickly

Pes 6 on 360 was horrible content wise,gameplay good though,that game (on 360) was really before my time with the console,but a mate had it and I installed it and tried it out around-14.
So much content from PS2 is missing.
There's a section in here(Retro thread) that has tips on older games,I have Pes 5+6 on a very basic laptop at home,really solid on pc,I'd recommend you play those instead of 360.

Edit saw that @Sany023 answered as well,he's the go to guy regarding old Pes games and installer/patches for it

Oh yeah I love his Euro 2000 patch and others, but the big problem for me is I can't get my 360 controller to work for those PES on PC and I could never get used to the keyboard :(

But what kind of content is missing? Unlockables and ostriches and stuff? If, so that sucks, but I saw a review video and all the clubs/leagues appear to be the same as PS2, so it doesn't seem to be too bad at first glance.

Since I busted out the 360, I decided to play 2010 World Cup from ea again and wow what a game... where did it all go?!

I'm done with this game. I'm trying to enjoy Online divisions (manual passing) but it is soo, soo soulless. Everything takes forever to perform (and no, it's not because of lag) and predetermined. I see the same outcome and scenarios over and over again, and that is on PA0! Oh well, it's just 7 months until the next game drops...

I'm done with this game. I'm trying to enjoy Online divisions (manual passing) but it is soo, soo soulless. Everything takes forever to perform (and no, it's not because of lag) and predetermined. I see the same outcome and scenarios over and over again, and that is on PA0! Oh well, it's just 7 months until the next game drops...

"I'm done with this game."
"Oh well, it's just 7 months until the next game drops..."
????????????????????????????

I dunno - thought it was worth quoting before I go get some onions.

Oh yeah I love his Euro 2000 patch and others, but the big problem for me is I can't get my 360 controller to work for those PES on PC and I could never get used to the keyboard :(

But what kind of content is missing? Unlockables and ostriches and stuff? If, so that sucks, but I saw a review video and all the clubs/leagues appear to be the same as PS2, so it doesn't seem to be too bad at first glance.

Since I busted out the 360, I decided to play 2010 World Cup from ea again and wow what a game... where did it all go?!
Do you have the drivers from the CD that accompanied the controller. I have the Xbox360 for windows and it is pretty much compatible with everything.

Editing for instance,and Stadiums,thats what i remember (probably a lot more)
Games back then we're better,at least football games

I can honestly say Pes 2020 is the Pes i played the least between the few i bought this gen (Pes 2016,17,18,20) and i somehow regret i bought it. Not because it's particularly bad, but because it doesn't stand out either. Last few months i played an average of couple of hours just to see if anything really changed with each Datapack.

I probably felt like i had to give them props for reintroducing Italian and Spanish second leagues so i bought the game thanks to a preorder offer i but in the end even the best Pes in years is disappointing long term compared to my expectations.

Next gen can't come soon enough, Pes really needs to make a huge jump forward in time for the new consoles.

"I'm done with this game."
"Oh well, it's just 7 months until the next game drops..."
????????????????????????????

I dunno - thought it was worth quoting before I go get some onions.

I don't know about you but I always give PES a chance. And I know I will when PES 2021 comes too. Sorry if that amuse you. Have a nice weekend.

@slamsoze I dont think I ever had any cds at all even for my original controller... but this one I have I got from someone else. And I remember spending a bunch of times trying to download and install various drivers before but no result :(

In any case I found the game for about 5 USD! Should be here saturday :APPLAUD:

Imported the Atletico Madrid tactics into my ML for Aberdeen and woah - a vastly improved experience. Prior to that I tried Liverpool's and started to learn that I didn't have the personnel so went for something a little more pragmatic. Totally different game. Now what to do with seven now redundant wingers...

I can honestly say Pes 2020 is the Pes i played the least ....so i bought the game thanks to a preorder offer but in the end even the best Pes in years is disappointing long term compared to my expectations

how long term are we talking here?

do you mean you hoped 2020 would be so good you wouldn’t even care about 21/22... or do you mean by February each year you adamantly put the game down/ trade it in, whether it’s good or bad or has indeed met your expectations?

how long term are we talking here?

do you mean you hoped 2020 would be so good you wouldn’t even care about 21/22... or do you mean by February each year you adamantly put the game down/ trade it in, whether it’s good or bad or has indeed met your expectations?
A month after release i was already playing other games and almost completely forgot about Pes. What is killing my joy is the completely wrong fouls system mostly. But ML too isn't exciting enough to keep me playing either. I need a completely new revamped and exciting Pes. Last Pes that i played almost one year long was Pes 2011. Too much time has passed since then.

I have 9TB of Games installed,that means every game I have,except Pes 19.
That's the worst for me.
Not even worth reinstalling it again.

I couldn't stand the AI behavior in that game. Can't be bothered to reinstall it either.

You know I remember when I was still in uni, I had a conversation with my mate. I told that I was genuinely afraid that a day would come when I would have to stop buying sports games because they were focusing less and less on offline.

Because I love sports and I love sports games. But the difference in prioritization is alarming to me.

Madden's connected franchise mode has been bad, and stayed bad, since 2013. MUT, however, exploded. Then came the greater popularization of competitive. I don't think I've ever played an in depth carer mode in FIFA but the same things happened with FUT and competitive FIFA.

We're at the end of the console cycle and NHL's franchise mode is finally looking respectable, but Be A Pro (their BAL) is still really lackluster. UFC 3s career mode was just your standard tower mode in any old fighting game.

I will give 2k its deserved credit. It's franchise mode has depth. As it should. They've got the biggest sports game dev team by far. Now if only they let me play offline without being connected to servers lol. Mycareer has depth too. But everything promoted about that mode is about the neighborhood and the online aspects of the mode.

MLB the Show has the most respect from me. Their career modes have a good amount of depth and are fun.

How does this all relate to PES? Well as we all know, they've gone down the same road as pretty much everyone else.

BAL and ML are not what they could be and honestly should be because their efforts are focused elsewhere. That's all well and good for them tbf they're entitled to make whatever game they want.

They can make whatever game they want. But I know the experience that I play this game, and other sports games, for. And if this game continues moving away from that experience, then my biggest fear will become reality and I'll stop buying it altogether.

@aderow
NHL's Be a pro is so bad,they haven't updated it in years,19 was the first year where you could ask to be traded.
I would probably play BAL if it had an option to control the team,like FIFA!
Then again,on FIFA your stuck in a everlasting contract and have to ask for a transfer,idiotic.
For me the only respectable game mode is still Myleague (which isn't a player career,but can be transferred in to one easily)

Right now my sport games consists of online hockey and offline NBA.

Most people say that 2ks football game were much better than Madden,haven't played any of them though.
2ks hockey were grwat

A month after release i was already playing other games and almost completely forgot about Pes. What is killing my joy is the completely wrong fouls system mostly. But ML too isn't exciting enough to keep me playing either. I need a completely new revamped and exciting Pes. Last Pes that i played almost one year long was Pes 2011. Too much time has passed since then.

Ah fair enough, I see.
do you play offline exclusively?

@aderow
NHL's Be a pro is so bad,they haven't updated it in years,19 was the first year where you could ask to be traded.
Then again,on FIFA your stuck in a everlasting contract and have to ask for a transfer,idiotic.
For me the only respectable game mode is still Myleague (which isn't a player career,but can be transferred in to one easily)

Most people say that 2ks football game were much better than Madden,haven't played any of them though.
2ks hockey were grwat

Be a pro has been almost unplayable since 15.

I don't think they'd ever add that feature because it kinda goes against the point of BAL imo.

FIFAs player career mode is really nothing.

I did a player lock mycareer in 2k and it was fun. Until the they took down the 2k16 servers permanently and I couldn't play my offline saves because they needed to connect to the servers that didn't exist anymore.

2Ks football games were great and in depth. Heck madden had more depth a decade ago.

Back to PES, it's just same old same old. And that's a shame.

Last year they talked about improving ML and all we got was cutscenes and higher transfer fees. Not much an improvement imo. BAL is the same.

Be a pro has been almost unplayable since 15.

I don't think they'd ever add that feature because it kinda goes against the point of BAL imo.

FIFAs player career mode is really nothing.

I did a player lock mycareer in 2k and it was fun. Until the they took down the 2k16 servers permanently and I couldn't play my offline saves because they needed to connect to the servers that didn't exist anymore.

2Ks football games were great and in depth. Heck madden had more depth a decade ago.

Back to PES, it's just same old same old. And that's a shame.

Last year they talked about improving ML and all we got was cutscenes and higher transfer fees. Not much an improvement imo. BAL is the same.
Its a shame really,they should revamp it,I wouldn't mind having a ML online again,I'm doing a Myleague online ,really fun!

I don't know about you but I always give PES a chance. And I know I will when PES 2021 comes too. Sorry if that amuse you. Have a nice weekend.

doesn't amuse me at all.

nothing will change if you're just going to buy 2021 anyway.

come to think of it, I might buy 100 copies of pes on each format and fingers crossed they'll improve the game..

have a nice weekend.

thank you mate, but what do you mean by ML online?
isn't it called MyClub?

I figured there was a misunderstanding.

MyLeague is a mode in NBA 2K. It's the equivalent of Master League in PES.

There's a separate mode called MyLeague online that allows you to play a career mode with your friends (you control a team and other people control other teams in the same save).

What he's saying is it would be nice if there was a version of Master League that allowed you to do the same; the ability to have an online version where you could play with your friends.

He wasn't talking about MyClub at all

ohh that makes sense, i was hoping there was a mistery mode in PES2020 i wasn't aware about
im feeling a little heartbroke now (remember the female squirrel in "The sword in the stone" from Disney?), well maybe next year

thank ou for the explanation, tho

@aderow

2ks hockey were grwat
Oh man. Good times. :LOVE:
2k football was just great!!

It’s football, you know! ;)
Sorry for OT. Won’t happen again. ...any time soon. ;)

Edit: I’m not even sure some fellas know what a Dreamcast is! :BYE:

Hey guys, I don't know if I'm the wrong thread but I want to know if there is any way to remove or disable team spirit in ML? I hate that shit, my players looks so bad...

Ah fair enough, I see.
do you play offline exclusively?

Tried to play online too, but online is somehow even worse because of added latency and i don't exactly feel in control of the match, online amplifies my issues with the game. Also, while offline there still are some matches where you can see some fouls, online it's like the referee completely forgot he can whistle.

Myclub suffers with the same problem as Master League, it isn't engaging at all. As i said the last time i was engaged all year long was thanks to Pes 2011 Online Master League. At least i had to struggle to buy new and better players and that was exciting. In Myclub acquiring players is random and way too easy to have an overpowered team without any real effort.

Back
Top Bottom