eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Nice,

Guys we are all going to have to work together to promote this games.

Many of us old farts maybe a little unaware about how truly small PES is right now. Few people are promoting the game than ever. There's even less money within the PES ecosystem than before and its been total crashed by EA in the propaganda war.

On reddit i'm bored and tired of reading most likely newer kids or average players moan and bitch about non issues or script along with thinking online MyClub has the same gameplay flaws as offline.

Luckily I've finished all my shirts but i'm going to have to find time to heavily promote this game. PES 2020 is no perfect but its a great football game and has a number of revolutionary aspects, especially the right stick which few people understand.

Since Ricky's account got destroyed sadly, PES is now a ghost-town on Youtube with very few people playing it, promoting it and playing the game well. So many players aren't good and are so limited.

Yes i know konami have so many issues and do many things wrong but they have got the offline game right i many areas even in my i'd say rather limited time on the game compared to previous years.

when you see only 3 save slots for ML its hard to support this peasy ass company

I can understand (but don't agree) why ML has some strange CPU plays,or scripting/boost's

And playing it on 20,at least for me it got unbearable above professional difficulty.
The thing is that the CPU isn't sharp enough out of the box without extra ML boost's.
Currently playing League mode,and keeping up with Juventus/Inter with Lecce on SS isn't possible in ML,I'd get hammered there.
Though it plays well on league mode,it's a bit toothless up front from the CPU.
It's like night and day with League/ML mode.

when you see only 3 save slots for ML its hard to support this peasy ass company
And there is more bad stuff.
Same time: They are not gonna beak my passion for the sport and video games that (try to) represent it, giving us only 3 slots!! I’m fully with you on that 3 slot situation and we deserve more. We want more slots!!!
But I’m pretty sure, it’s not gonna happen until we skrew that old engine and hardware (plus the mindset, at least some parts, of the programmers) and start “from scratch”!
I’m holding no punches, if I may say so, and there is a lot of stuff to be optimized!!

Edit: man, I wish I could swap that o for an u! Would make so much more sense!! ;)

Last edited:
And there is more bad stuff.
Same time: They are not gonna beak my passion for the sport and video games that (try to) represent it, giving us only 3 slots!! I’m fully with you on that 3 slot situation and we deserve more. We want more slots!!!
But I’m pretty sure, it’s not gonna happen until we skrew that old engine and hardware (plus the mindset, at least some parts, of the programmers) and start “from scratch”!
I’m holding no punches, if I may say so, and there is a lot of stuff to be optimized!!

Edit: man, I wish I could swap that o for an u! Would make so much more sense!! ;)

the problem with pes is the quality of life issues. i was looking forward to starting an ML with new DP...but then I saw I had to overwrite a used save slot.

its pure BS like this that gets on my tits and the reason i was only playing exhibn mode til i gave it a break. just kills the mood to try.

Yeah,I discovered I was in PA1 on my SS league mode,been off and on and all over the place.
Went back to PA0 and it's obviously a challenge on that level.
But here's the thing I can't stand.
There's no moment of suprise in it anymore,hasn't been since Pes 17.
I know that if I hoof it long,and manage to get the ball deep in CPU territory,being 1v1 or 1v2 I'm going to lose the ball.
Why?
Me?
Or the level of randomness being stripped away,no defender making a stupid move,or slipping etc!
Nothing!

Plus,my pretty decent players (I have a few league modes going) are defending well,playing well in mf,pretty much to their 75-85 ovr ratings,being pacey,good on the ball, shielding it well,but up front?
Suddenly your 80-85 ovr strikers can't get away with anything,slow,bad at protecting the ball etc,just stumbles and losing possession.
It's not the CPU (well in combo) being Uber good,it's my 80-85 rated players being 70-75 in the last third.
Finding it very hard to appreciate this game
Maybe it's time to go back to Regular.
Who knows

I can understand (but don't agree) why ML has some strange CPU plays,or scripting/boost's

And playing it on 20,at least for me it got unbearable above professional difficulty.
The thing is that the CPU isn't sharp enough out of the box without extra ML boost's.
Currently playing League mode,and keeping up with Juventus/Inter with Lecce on SS isn't possible in ML,I'd get hammered there.
Though it plays well on league mode,it's a bit toothless up front from the CPU.
It's like night and day with League/ML mode.

I'm dreading having to go back to TP but i think I have to lol. Beat Spurs 4-0 albeit 2 free kicks but still. But I'm gonna give it another go. Seems pro has been too easy.

I'm dreading having to go back to TP but i think I have to lol. Beat Spurs 4-0 albeit 2 free kicks but still. But I'm gonna give it another go. Seems pro has been too easy.
Yeah I'm on and off,think it depends on game mode as well,how much you get screwed,ML being the ultimate gangbang of game modes (sorry for the likeness).
I feel TP on League mode being ok,but for ML i wouldn't touch TP/SS unless you have a good TS or feel masochistic

Yeah I'm on and off,think it depends on game mode as well,how much you get screwed,ML being the ultimate gangbang of game modes (sorry for the likeness).
I feel TP on League mode being ok,but for ML i wouldn't touch TP/SS unless you have a good TS or feel masochistic

I signed enough players to get TS to 85-94 depending on who is playing, but even then it was still ridiculous. I get that people are having fun with league mode, but it's missing everything I want from a mode and that's progression.

In any case, I wrote down my feelings based on some gameplay clips I saved since the new patch. I may reference it from time to time because it's massive lol

I signed enough players to get TS to 85-94 depending on who is playing, but even then it was still ridiculous. I get that people are having fun with league mode, but it's missing everything I want from a mode and that's progression.

In any case, I wrote down my feelings based on some gameplay clips I saved since the new patch. I may reference it from time to time because it's massive lol
Please do mate!
I had the most fun playing ML on REG difficulty,with a shitty TS and a horrible team,felt fair.
Might do it again

Yeah. That sounds off.
BTW: Have they fixed the throw in thingy where the opponent isn’t following my manual controlled player?! I don’t think so.

Man, this game can shine but still some things are just... ^^

I don’t think so. Immersion killer 🤦🏼‍♂️

Totally man. Instead of "get with the times", I say fuck the times. Maybe one day the times will straighten themselves out and get with us. But it's cool, let those weird new myclub/mobile things make money and hopefully we see some of it turn up where it matters. Without that stuff the game may have been a goner by now. What happened with Sony? Did you sue?

The patch has a bunch of faces I guess and new Thai clubs, but the new Brazilian clubs are just "skins" so to speak. The squads are super short, and even then all the players are fake. Two of the clubs even have bootleg kits, so nothing to get excited about. False advertisement. Now, the pile of legends - that's exciting! Pirlo, Inzaghi, Nakamura (even though he is in the game already as a current player), Van Basten... great. Gameplay I didn't feel any difference with.

I do wonder - although unlikely - whether future trends will see a renaissance for offline play. Landscapes change. Then who's laughing.

Because the content downloaded to my console (after it was hacked) hadn't been redeemed, my refund from PayPal was deemed fair and my ban lifted. Took a second Sony agent to figure that one out after I'd contested the outcome of the first round of discussions.

Had four games since downloading the patch (three exhibition and one ML) and enjoyed every one. Real test will be when I get deeper into my ML campaign, where the play would often grind to a near halt with 0-0s for all.

all that glitters isn’t gold!

But still, this game, in its current state, can be so enjoyable. I’m playing matchday right now. At halftime I’m up 1:0 with Düsseldorf against Gladbach.
I stepped it up from regular to professional after the latest patch. Works like a charm for my style of play.
It really is looser... ball is a tad different as well. And i noticed you don’t get tucked to the opponent so much anymore. You can round them, including body contact, and don’t get caught in animations battling each other so much.
AI is taking the time to play around looks better, imo.
All the little tweaks lead to more varied situations on the pitch, imo.
It looks, flows and feels different. In a good way.
still, for some users game breaking, flaws are in. If you can’t get over that, I guess you’ll never be happy with PES till the big change comes (engine, hardware, mindset). And thats ok.

This surely will take me (personally) all the way till the new title drops. I’m calm and happy (for what it is)! :)

Have a good weekend y’all!! Cheers to the beers... big ears! :BEER:

Edit: this pic will not do justice to the fun i had while playing but I won this. :D ...to my surprise!

fc102277-c6e3-41c5-a24kq9.jpeg

Let’s have a rematch and see if Gladbach just had a bad day. :)

Last edited:

But still, this game, in its current state, can be so enjoyable. I’m playing matchday right now. At halftime I’m up 1:0 with Düsseldorf against Gladbach.
I stepped it up from regular to professional after the latest patch. Works like a charm for my style of play.
It really is looser... ball is a tad different as well. And i noticed you don’t get tucked to the opponent so much anymore. You can round them, including body contact, and don’t get caught in animations battling each other so much.
still, for some users game breaking, flaws are in. If you can’t get over that, I guess you’ll never be happy with PES till the big change comes (engine, hardware, mindset). And thats ok.

This surely will take me (personally) all the way till the new title drops. I’m calm and happy (for what it is)! :)

Same to you Herr Pro!
Wish I had your love for this game 🎮

Same to you Herr Pro!
Wish I had your love for this game 🎮
That’s why I come here and keep on going on some users nerves maybe. ;)
I just wanna share! Cause sharing is caring. :D
To many times I had this feeling while playing I had to start a stream with commentary. Just to share it while playing. It’s crazy.

I know I can’t “convert” them all... and that’s for sure not my mission!
But we tend to forget to fast how far we’ve come in some regards. I don’t hear them backheel, net, over the cross bar, and what not users anymore... ;)
you get me.
Let’s stay critical where it’s needed and positive where we can be!!

Anyway. Hauste rein!

Edit: and Thommy just scored for real. 1:1.
When he did that archer celebration on tv I was smiling (having seen that just minutes ago in PES)!
I might start that league season with Düsseldorf. Hennings, Thommy, Karaman... should be a fun challenge.

Last edited:
If I get banned I'm haunting you :D

Ha ha 👍
Yeah I recognize a lot of the issues you describe.
A few things stand out for me.
How Konami choses to dumb you down instead of making a solid CPU to play against?

In a way Konamis CPU are really solid,but they still dumb you down,last night when we were talking,I played a few games in both my League and ML mode.
Every time (in my test ML where I have a created player 93 speed 94 acc etc) my striker got the ball ,sometimes outside the box with his back turned,and taking a fast touch to set him up for a shot,his 93 speed turns to 70ish and the cpu catches him.

Every good damn time is my good players (created or not) dumbed down.
Stats doesn't matter all!
So God damn frustrating.
I should beat those defenders 8/10 times.
Good defending yes!,but just being caught up by a 70 ovr speed defender Vs my 93 speed (and great ball control etc)
It's pretty hopeless enjoying this game.
An inferior game in most parts like Pes 18 feels so much better in those departments

That’s why I come here and keep on going on some users nerves maybe. ;)
I just wanna share! Cause sharing is caring. :D
To many times I had this feeling while playing I had to start a stream with commentary. Just to share it while playing. It’s crazy.

I know I can’t “convert” them all... and that’s for sure not my mission!
But we tend to forget to fast how far we’ve come in some regards. I don’t hear them backheel, net, over the cross bar, and what not users anymore... ;)
you get me.
Let’s stay critical where it’s needed and positive where we can be!!

Anyway. Hauste rein!

Edit: and Thommy just scored for real. 1:1.
When he did that archer celebration on tv I was smiling (having seen that just minutes ago in PES)!
I might start that league season with Düsseldorf. Hennings, Thommy, Karaman... should be a fun challenge.
Try league mode out,pretty decent (Vs ML).

If I get banned I'm haunting you :D

Good post. There's also reply from a guy called sunste86, underneath your post, that really hits the nail in the head IMO.
Hope he doesnt mind me quoting him here:
The things wrong with this game are things that should be core fundamentals of what makes pes pes, getting it wrong is what stops it being a pes anymore and turns it into something more like fifa or some kind of free to play pay to win casual mobile phone game

The core fundamentals of what made PES the king of gameplay

1. Balance. Attack should be equal to defence, not running circles round docile unresponsive defence who seem like they are letting them in on purpose. Thats fifa.
2. Being hard to score. The hardest thing is scoring, what made fifa shit and pes great was all the gifted cheap goals, and charging thru non existant defensive and scoring wonder goals every second or empty net tap ins cause by some calamity. If they are cheap they are not special anymore. Like freekicks.
3. Control. What made PES PEs was how connected you felt to the action on the pitch the controls responded to you, it felt like you were the player, you felt connected to what was going on on screen, it responded to you actions in a way you expected. Ignoring your input, not responding and interfering, and hijacking your control to simulate some stat or whatever is not PES. If you passed in a direction it went in that direction, it didnt choose to go in that direction but not because it may get cut out, the game thought you should pass to someone else, it wanted your pass to miss so the other team could have possession, it didnt have a PA3, and it didnt have an OP PA1.
4. It was a skill game, not a lottery stat game
5. It had freedom, No two games were the same, it felt like a real match, where anything could happen, not on a rail, predict whats going to happen in advance, forced feeling goals created by forced feeling mistakes, and you can tell when a goal is going in because injection of fake momentum and its probably exactly like the last one.
6. AI with personality, now all teams are the same just set
7. Realistic ball physics, that reacted in a realistic way, not just bounce or magnetising its way into the path of players to force momentum or keep a fast paced tempo up, if you passed to nobody it went to nodody.
Todays Pes is way too much frustration to balance out the fun you get from it. And thats the sad truth.

Try league mode out,pretty decent (Vs ML).
Yes. That’s what I meant.
like I said weeks ago (teased by some users here) I’ll start a league. I was going for Norwich but Düsseldorf plays well so far. I’m getting used to them...
Lost the rematch vs Gladbach 0:1 this time. They were attacking red1 from the start so this was different to the match before.
I like that this varies per match. Makes me think of a “form of the day” kinda thing.
I know that’s in my head only but this game is so much more immersive when you (are able to) spin your own stories in the head.

Reading the linked comments from above... there seems to be only black and white, good and bad. And that to an extreme. I don’t like that and I don’t live my life like that.
There is so much more in between those extreme comments.
For example: how can one say we had better ball physics before?! Proof me wrong, I’m beggin ya. Just so I can see clearly. ^^

Anyway, I know a lot of stuff said/felt is just human. I don’t put too much into it...
life is great. Even when a video game don’t fully deliver to what we want/expect! :D

Maybe I’ve just become “old”... turned 40 last week. Just a number but now I can put that “a bit of wisdom” card down. :LOL: Eat that!!

Last edited:
Its not black or white of course.
Thing is,game plays great on exhibition,good on League mode and strange on ML.
So what one person feels/sees might be completely different from person nr 2 depending on what you play etc

How Konami choses to dumb you down instead of making a solid CPU to play against?

I'll keep saying it until I'm proven otherwise; I think that the AI being more passive is for the sake human v human aka multiplayer modes and offline suffers because of it. Making a solid AI would mean people could then rely on that more than they should and thus lessen the competitive aspect of multiplayer. They can't make two sets of AI. So they just have to tailor the one they have for whatever experiences they are focused on. Which has clearly been online.

Every time (in my test ML where I have a created player 93 speed 94 acc etc) my striker got the ball ,sometimes outside the box with his back turned,and taking a fast touch to set him up for a shot,his 93 speed turns to 70ish and the cpu catches him.

Catch up speed for defenders has been in the game forever. I think it's just so much more noticeable because how stiff and slow players are when changing direction on the ball. I also think they really want people to use the close control mechanic with the right stick tbf.

Todays Pes is way too much frustration to balance out the fun you get from it. And thats the sad truth.

And it's unfortunate that this is the experience for a good amount of people.

Yes. That’s what I meant.
like I said weeks ago (teased by some users here) I’ll start a league. I was going for Norwich but Düsseldorf plays well so far. I’m getting used to them...
Lost the rematch vs Gladbach 0:1 this time. They were attacking red1 from the start so this was different to the match before.
I like that this varies per match. Makes me think of a “form of the day” kinda thing.
I know that’s in my head only but this game is so much more immersive when you (are able to) spin your own stories in the head.

Reading the linked comments from above... there seems to be only black and white, good and bad. And that to an extreme. I don’t like that and I don’t live my life like that.
For example: how can one say we had better ball physics before?! Proof me wrong, I’m beggin ya. Just so I can see clearly. ^^

Anyway, I know a lot of stuff said/felt is just human. I don’t put too much into it...
life is great. Even when a video game don’t fully deliver to what we want/expect! :D

Maybe I’ve just become “old”... turned 40 last week. Just a number but now I can put that “a bit of wisdom” card down. :LOL: Eat that!!

You're right. People do tend to get very extreme with their comments which is why I try to be as level headed when explaining my issues with the game. Because at the end of the day, it's a game. If I'm not enjoying myself I'll play something else. I see no point in insulting the people who make it. They are just doing their job. It has never been and never will be that serious. I don't see why anyone should take things that personally.

As I said in my post, I think the game is good but it has issues that make my particular experience no where near as good as it could be. I showed things that I thought were bad and things I thought were good.

Heck I'm working on a second one right now with more clips of bad and good things that happened in the 2 matches I played last night.

And then I'm done for like a month because I'm really self conscious about talking too much and annoying people lol

So what one person feels/sees might be completely different from person nr 2 depending on what you play etc

Exactly. I can only speak from my experience. It's why I have tried very hard to get out of the habit of immediately dismissing what someone else says they are seeing and experiencing.

@aderow good write up by the way mate.
Still feel that I can break away from defenders easier on 18 for instance,feel that dribbling is more effective there.
Personal preference maybe,not comfy with this game at all right now.
Maybe I need to keep playing it and block out all other inputs from older games,maybe?

…. I see no point in insulting the people who make it. They are just doing their job. It has never been and never will be that serious. I don't see why anyone should take things that personally.
…..

They're doing the job but the guys who are working on design/design brief need to step up their offline game

For example: how can one say we had better ball physics before?! Proof me wrong, I’m beggin ya. Just so I can see clearly.
No, the way you see it is black and white.
When you play Pes for long enough - you should know exactly what he meant when he typed these words.
What we have now is not better ball physics. Its an illusion of an outstanding ball physics. Ball always bouncing back to AI when they need a goal, laser, impossible passes from 20 miles away, 9/10 shots being on goal or just by the post.. its all so limited and pre-determined. Even playing on manual there are always same patterns, same scenarios, same goals.
It all looks beautiful until you start to look closer. Its all an illusion.
Yes - I did not play the last Data Pack, but I dont need to. Issues that Pes is having cannot be fixed by "minor changes to improve overall gameplay enjoynment".

Collisions, awareness, referees, defending, shooting, AI - all this has to be build from scratch.
Otherwise its just a frustration fest for me.

@aderow good write up by the way mate.
Still feel that I can break away from defenders easier on 18 for instance,feel that dribbling is more effective there.
Personal preference maybe,not comfy with this game at all right now.
Maybe I need to keep playing it and block out all other inputs from older games,maybe?

Oh there's a part 2 now if you're interested lol

I agree with your sentiment on how dribbling was in 2018. I liked the dribbling the most in 2018. It was responsive without the strange hiccups that 2017 has.

I think comfort has something to do with it yes. I've been playing 2017 almost daily for the last 3,4 years. So obviously when I turned on 2020 for the first time, I tried dribbling the way I was used to in 2017. With the weighty feel that 2020 has, that wasn't as effective. As you play more you'll get more comfortable with the game you'll figure out what works and what doesn't for you.

It's like developing new muscle memory.

They're doing the job but the guys who are working on design/design brief need to step up their offline game

That's a perfectly acceptable comment. But the whole they are lazy and stupid etc etc is what I find unnecessary. The criticisms about their focus on what is most profitable I understand, but at the same time it is literally how capitalism works. Don't get me wrong I still believe that putting out a polished superior product will generate enough revenue to make everyone happy but, objectively speaking, I'm not going to fault them for doing what works. Not that I am always objective though lol.

I wish we lived in a world where offline experiences were still prioritized but the truth is, we may have to accept the fact that that may never ever be the case again. I wish that ML and BAL were fully fleshed out. But I understand that yearly cycles means priorities and that online gacha type game modes are what are most popular as well as most profitable and that isn't going to change any time soon.

And that freaking sucks. Because as much as I enjoy playing with friends and strangers, what I enjoy most is experiencing my own little sporting world. Seeing it evolve and seeing my own character evolve within it. That's why I love BAL and modes like it. Because I'm just one player in this universe; it isn't my universe, I just happen to belong to it.

So yeah. PES isn't the only game that has talked about improving it's offline modes. I'll believe it when I see it.

Edit: this pic will not do justice to the fun i had while playing but I won this. :D ...to my surprise!

fc102277-c6e3-41c5-a24kq9.jpeg

Let’s have a rematch and see if Gladbach just had a bad day. :)

Agree game is so good after the update that this time i could even bear to play two games instead of half. :D

Back
Top Bottom