eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

How is scripting in league mode. League mode is good enough for me, because you also play european football. Only thing you mis is transfers. Maybe I will buy pes 2020 if there is less scripting in league mode. Still playing 2017 now.

Sorry I was trying to make a joke about the game, but I have a poor joke strategy. I make one funny joke out of thousand, so I need to do a lot of joke to finally manage to do a funny one.
Regarding the rails, I don't know what to think. The game even in full manual certainly doesn't feel completely free to me.
About super cancel, I think it is something cultural. If you are used to play PES since years, I guess it is something that is part of your DNA but for me it is certainly not an automatism. May be it was part of my DNA too during the PS2 times, but I had a long PES interruption and only returned to it with PES17.
Are we supposed to use super cancel in every type of situation in the first place? I mean is the game intentionally programmed for that?
I personally see the SC "combo" as a way to cancel an action that I don't want to complete any-more or to let go out of band a ball that I can't keep on the pitch, certainly not as a way to reset/avoid code traps.

My apologize if my post sounds profane to the purists.

There was a very comprehensive discussion about how the game is inherently designed on 3 rails, snap zone activation, and what super cancel really does between the relationship of these 2 things (rails and snap zones).

If you are interested to see the explanation in detail, scroll back through all the quoted posts (there's gotta be at least 10+ consecutive replies, and some useful reference links), there should be a pretty good stream of posts there with diagrams, video proof, and detail breakdown discussion:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2...-digs-instant-ban.78940/page-195#post-3302148

This game is pretty much dead. A new patch and no comments about it yet. Sad, like Trump would say.

NOT TRUE! :))

10v10 full manual leagues are super active. People go there and don't return lol.

I think 1v1 is more like at its evolutionary dead end, or at least, the discussion is. What we analyse here seems to be repeating, feels like a lot of things has been covered before. There's not much unexplored territory at the moment, that's why I haven't visited forums for a moment.

Just that there isn't a whole lot of mystery or brand new discussions that would draw me in, with the current state of the game kinda just standing still in terms of design innovation and ideas on how to play it. But overall I like this game better than any game in the past decade maybe. But I don't play offline. I don't even play 1v1.

Just busy training. 10v10 full manual

By the way, special thx to @Elanimator for passing on his copy of PES2020 to our team. The right side CB is from Brazil and he's been putting your gift to good use :)

We are currently playing in 2 leagues. One where we use 3.5 star teams.

The other league, we use Become a Legend players, of our own creation. 73 overall max, 77 stamina max. And some other simple height, speed, and physical strength restrictions (to limit the collision and pressure spamming). 4 skills max.

Here's some videos:

Last edited:
Had some awesome matches tonight.
Switched down to regular (from professional) like @chiefrocka4real advised. Don’t know what it is... played Bayern and won 3:0 vs Schalke. 2:1 vs. Real and lost 1:3 vs. Barca. All matches so “organic”!
Good day for playing PES.
Have a good night and sleep tight. :) I’m off....

As I play fuma only, it is still a challenge and fun. At least when I played the big teams last night (Schalke excluded :P ).
And i try to replicate football not exploiting the gameplay mechanics (only on free kicks ;) ), so this may add to the fun I’m having.
Today’s agenda: playing some minor teams and have a look at the keepers and “how much worse” they are at regular.
In between: watching the Rome derby tonight. And Tranmere is up against ManUnited in FA Cup afaik! ✌
Looks like a lovely sunday. :D

"Organic" is the word.
Something is different on regular.
Less script, that is for sure....some matches quite easy, but some challenging.

You picked a strong team like Bayern, but I picked a low team from Serie B.
Me also playing fuma, regular is the most satisfying difficulty at the moment for me.
It´s good to have challenging matches mostly against big teams and specially the competition matches like EL knockout are very tight.

I just can´t stand that AI boosts no more.

How is scripting in league mode. League mode is good enough for me, because you also play european football. Only thing you mis is transfers. Maybe I will buy pes 2020 if there is less scripting in league mode. Still playing 2017 now.

I played a season of League Mode on Professional level and found no real signs of scripting. I started in the 2nd Division with Nottingham Forest. I had a lot of fun with them; I finished 1st with about ~100 points.

I'm now playing on Top Player in the 1st Division; no signs of scripting at the moment. I've played four games; drew two and loss two. I loss 2-1 to Tottenham Hotspur and lost 2-0 to Manchester City. I felt I lost both games because they had good players that outclassed mine, but at the same time I felt I could score a goal (especially against Tottenham Hotspur, I could have got a draw) and never felt handicapped. I also played a first round FA Cup match against Barnsley (weaker team), beat them 3-0 without an issue.

I played a season of League Mode on Professional level and found no real signs of scripting. I started in the 2nd Division with Nottingham Forest. I had a lot of fun with them; I finished 1st with about ~100 points.

I'm now playing on Top Player in the 1st Division; no signs of scripting at the moment. I've played four games; drew two and loss two. I loss 2-1 to Tottenham Hotspur and lost 2-0 to Manchester City. I felt I lost both games because they had good players that outclassed mine, but at the same time I felt I could score a goal (especially against Tottenham Hotspur, I could have got a draw) and never felt handicapped. I also played a first round FA Cup match against Barnsley (weaker team), beat them 3-0 without an issue.
That's a good sign,only issue I have is that you can't skip/SIM matches (unless they've changed it)
But good to know mate

"Organic" is the word.
Something is different on regular.
Less script, that is for sure....some matches quite easy, but some challenging.

You picked a strong team like Bayern, but I picked a low team from Serie B.
Me also playing fuma, regular is the most satisfying difficulty at the moment for me.
It´s good to have challenging matches mostly against big teams and specially the competition matches like EL knockout are very tight.

I just can´t stand that AI boosts no more.
My Lecce ML (I've restarted it) is quite tough ,win my first game Vs Udinese 1-0,and stats holding up pretty good.
Then I had Atalanta/Roma/Inter three straight losses,but not cheated.
Didn't I could enjoy this game again.
CPU plays really good and organic.
My only issue (a small one) is the core function of this game,player switching!
It's getting worse by the game since 18.
But on this level it's not really a game breaker

I haven't played for a couple of months, but picked it up again a few days ago - loving it. Best PES for years and years. :) The only real issue is the lack of fouls - not sure how or why the CPU gets away with the stuff they get away with. Probably some way of balancing the game - but I've yet to actually get a penalty in this game.

My Lecce ML (I've restarted it) is quite tough ,win my first game Vs Udinese 1-0,and stats holding up pretty good.
Then I had Atalanta/Roma/Inter three straight losses,but not cheated.
Didn't I could enjoy this game again.
CPU plays really good and organic.
My only issue (a small one) is the core function of this game,player switching!
It's getting worse by the game since 18.
But on this level it's not really a game breaker
You are not using tactical switching with RS?! I use it for ever now... mixing it with L1 switch.

I haven't played for a couple of months, but picked it up again a few days ago - loving it. Best PES for years and years. :) The only real issue is the lack of fouls - not sure how or why the CPU gets away with the stuff they get away with. Probably some way of balancing the game - but I've yet to actually get a penalty in this game.
I have more yellow cards awarded to the AI for diving then I get awarded penalties myself! Says it all! ;)

You are not using tactical switching with RS?! I use it for ever now... mixing it with L1 switch.
Yes i am,the low cross or a rebound in the box ,and you can't switch fast enough,or the auto switching doesn't kick in either,sometimes the ball just roll past your player,or even worse two players.
It's probably down to scripting/balancing ,and having a TS of 55 doesn't help either.

Couple of goals from my league, full manual.. This is using low driven cross to shoot.. Beat arsenal 4 nil profffesional is far to easy

I cant take this game seriously until Messi's com playing style is basically the same as Maguire's. No runs with the ball, no close control, no dribbling, no cut ins, no unpredictability. Messi is a generic player in PES with good shooting skills.

Yes i am,the low cross or a rebound in the box ,and you can't switch fast enough,or the auto switching doesn't kick in either,sometimes the ball just roll past your player,or even worse two players.
It's probably down to scripting/balancing ,and having a TS of 55 doesn't help either.
What difficulty do you play on now? And will you start a new career with Milan?

What difficulty do you play on now? And will you start a new career with Milan?
Hey mate!
I'm playing Regular right now with Lecce.
Not sure if I can play with Milan on that difficulty,might get easy?
But if I start a League mode in professional I might go for it.
You?

Hey mate!
I'm playing Regular right now with Lecce.
Not sure if I can play with Milan on that difficulty,might get easy?
But if I start a League mode in professional I might go for it.
You?

I started with Milan on Legendary, but it has been a disaster, since there are no easy matches at all. It doesn't matter who is your opponent whether its Hellas Verona or Inter or Juventus. I noticed even that it is easier to play against Inter as against Verona. They beat me 0:4! I still could won some matches, but even if i win it was no fun, cause i struggled a lot. I mean its OK if i struggle against top italian teams, but it's not OK if i struggle against Lecce, Brescia, Verona, SPAL and so on. And i have a feeling that i can not adapt to the Legendary difficulty, cause CPU is so unfair overpowered in all parameters. So i did delete that save and started again with Milan but on Superstar and now it's a bit realistic. There are still a lot of challenging matches. I am at 7 th place after 20 fixtures. Ibra is good at the game!

I started with Milan on Legendary, but it has been a disaster, since there are no easy matches at all. It doesn't matter who is your opponent whether its Hellas Verona or Inter or Juventus. I noticed even that it is easier to play against Inter as against Verona. They beat me 0:4! I still could won some matches, but even if i win it was no fun, cause i struggled a lot. I mean its OK if i struggle against top italian teams, but it's not OK if i struggle against Lecce, Brescia, Verona, SPAL and so on. And i have a feeling that i can not adapt to the Legendary difficulty, cause CPU is so unfair overpowered in all parameters. So i did delete that save and started again with Milan but on Superstar and now it's a bit realistic. There are still a lot of challenging matches. I am at 7 th place after 20 fixtures. Ibra is good at the game!
Yeah I can imagine how tough it is on that level mate.
That's the thing with Pes and higher difficulties,SPAL is as tough as Juve!
I'm ok playing Regular and PA0,plays really good,no bs from the CPU luckily.
That's why I'm sticking with Lecce and 65 overall players,really fun!
Have you seen how ibra looks in this game?
Not even the correct hair:)
Nice to see Milan right now,playing some good football

Yeah I can imagine how tough it is on that level mate.
That's the thing with Pes and higher difficulties,SPAL is as tough as Juve!
I'm ok playing Regular and PA0,plays really good,no bs from the CPU luckily.
That's why I'm sticking with Lecce and 65 overall players,really fun!
Have you seen how ibra looks in this game?
Not even the correct hair:)
Nice to see Milan right now,playing some good football
Don't worry about Ibra is added through liveupdate until now, hewill take his face in the next datapack. Unfortunately they forgot Jeremy Menez faceless and under "LiveUpdate" flag, since first datapack, cause he plays in Ligue 2 Paris FC and gets no treatment.

For the adaptive difficulty, handicap in my current ML with Pisa in Serie A, in the games i tried on SuperStar, i won or draw Milan, Inter, Juve which were kind of passive and lost 0-4 from the last team on the table, Frosinone hands down!!!

Don't worry about Ibra is added through liveupdate until now, hewill take his face in the next datapack. Unfortunately they forgot Jeremy Menez faceless and under "LiveUpdate" flag, since first datapack, cause he plays in Ligue 2 Paris FC and gets no treatment.

For the adaptive difficulty, handicap in my current ML with Pisa in Serie A, in the games i tried on SuperStar, i won or draw Milan, Inter, Juve which were kind of passive and lost 0-4 from the last team on the table, Frosinone hands down!!!
Is Menez in Paris FC?
I used him all my 9 seasons on Pes 17 and Milan ML,still have him in the team going on my 10th one,and Montolivo/Honda/Abate.
They'll retire as Milanistas:)

Is Menez in Paris FC?
I used him all my 9 seasons on Pes 17 and Milan ML,still have him in the team going on my 10th one,and Montolivo/Honda/Abate.
They'll retire as Milanistas:)
Yes he is. And he had a scanned face in PES 2018 and 2019 (hidden although in 2019) , like Ibra and Rooney have scanned faces from previous years. I hope Rooney will het the Ibra treatment and won't be forgotten like Menez

Whats the general opinion on shooting mode - I'm settles on manual passing and have been using manual shooting and holding my own on top player but does basic have more variety?

Back
Top Bottom