eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I don't see any option for these red/yellow card things, was about to dish a few out lol

mod explained it a while back when they were introduced. basically if you reach something like (i think) 15 reds or 20 yellows your profile gets banned for a week - you can read stuff - just can't post.

100 red cards = lifetime ban. (you're obviously unlikely to get this if you're not being silly)

only experienced elite evo-web members of the site can post these cards out - it keeps order in the community.

hope you don't mind but i just added another red to your post because you should have known this already. peace.

Are you for real? I didn't mean any offence all I said was that PES is arcadey, I think it is but don't want expelled because of an opinion.

Edit. I also said it was a spectacle for the masses, I wasn't hating guys I play PES and FIFA and find fun in both I'm not trying to drill up fights, it's just my opinion and think you should cancel those yellow and red cards if not and it comes to it I will challenge them because it seems unfair.

Your opinion is valid and appreciated.

My first card was just banter.

My second card was because you did not take the time to go through the thread to find the answer that I had to give you regarding the cards. Cards were introduced recently and you would not even have to start from page 1. The answer is probably from page 150 onwards but because I had to give you the answer I felt it deserved a card.

Anyways, don't worry, I won't card you anymore (today). You seem like a good bloke.

Hi guys,

Can some of you guess which camera setting he is using?:
Might giving PES a chance more in the christmas, and never became that happy with the new one.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Can some of you guess which camera setting this is:
Might giving PES a chance more in the christmas, and never became that happy with the new one.
Looks like it could be default cam but with angle took off. Either that or its a PC mod as the recording is buttery smooth and looks far better than the console captures.

Looks like it could be default cam but with angle took off. Either that or its a PC mod as the recording is buttery smooth and looks far better than the console captures.

I need to try. Although I in general like the new camera, it take ''some'' of the action from the game. Also my dribbling skills is challenged too much with it (in terms of directions etc..) ;)

I need to try. Although I in general like the new camera, it take ''some'' of the action from the game. Also my dribbling skills is challenged too much with it (in terms of directions etc..) ;)
I don't like playing with the new camera but a joy to use in SIM mode when watching my silver team in myclub.

My camera is dynamic wide 10 angle and 6 zoom, actually really pleasant on the eye as well as good to play, 10 angle makes the camera go straight btw, not angled.

Just a ‘’short’’ check-in from me.

Haven’t been here that much after the hype-train stopped after a couple of months with the game.

In terms of that - I’m sad. When I have the time, I’m finding myself playing Football Manager instead of even consider PES or FIFA.
I am happy for you guys enjoying PES. I really am. I just can’t get there anymore, and I’m highly doubtful that I ever can. Things have just changed, and sometimes I think it will create a revolution from a different company creating it. The two titles are just heavy influence of the direction of E-Sport. When playing a game against a friend or even online (even though I don’t want the FUT-thing), it just offers the unpredictability that making a football game fun and addictive. The problem for us is that the companies would, for very obvious reasons, focus on that part.
  • There is a lot of money in E-sports. Not only do they sell the game, but there are microtransactions in it that are creating the future.
  • Without being an expert, I will have a basic assumption that it is way easier to develop the game. The whole AI part is getting less attention.

And again.. Why should they prioritize differently? How many of us ‘’old-gamers’’ are having the game? A pretty percentage of us. We are hoping. We are giving it a month or two. Still hoping with upcoming patches - Maybe placebo will be there - maybe something will feel different. Honestly, it is a horrible product. Being well educated within marketing, I would say it is good marketing. At the end of the day, Bhatti, Lygaard, etc. has one job and that is creating interest for the product - They did that well by releasing a very good demo who made most of us giving the game a chance and by speaking of Master League improvements etc. Job 1 Done.

The truth for me (at least) is:
Something IS improved, but most of it isn’t. A see a lot of people speaking of fundamentals being improved. Ball Physics, Weight of players, etc. I agree, but I think that you guys that are speaking highly of the game have one incredible ability, and that is to ignore which fundamentals that hasn’t been fixed:
  • For me, a fundamental part of a game is that is programmed so I wouldn’t feel cheated in Master League. IT HASN’T CHANGED. It is so damn scripted and obvious that after 2 games, I just can’t take it anymore. With the intelligence, it is possible to use these days, it’s just not good enough for me seeing the same s*** happen every year. The fundamentals aren’t improved when you, from time to time, don't feel that it is an honest experience playing PES on the highest level. It isn’t improved, when it’s just hard because of scripting and not because you’re playing a team that is playing beautiful football.
  • The fundamentals aren’t improved when we still discuss referee-decisions and never experience penalties
  • The fundamentals aren’t improved, when we still are seeing Salernitana scores at every free-kick, they get against you in Master League.
  • The fundamentals aren’t improved when the commentators are using the same lines for nearly 15 years.
  • The fundamentals aren’t improved when it’s a more common solution, playing Spotify while gaming PES.
  • Two; The Master League is the most shallow and boring experience ever. Maybe some of us can be pretty large in this area by saying: ‘’Well... For me, it’s about the playing experience’’. The playing experience isn’t at the level it should be. Not for me at least, with the above mentioned ever-existing problems. When that is the case, it’s just even harder to defend Konami for delivering a Master League with so many elements that aren’t having any impact on the Master League experience.

I really admire the ones of you who still can enjoy a football game offline these days. For me, none of the titles can offer me anything in that regard. Here I need to go to Football Manager where it feels long-term. It feels like I’m having an impact on the field, and my decisions are valued. And maybe they are having an easier job, as we aren’t controlling the players in there - but maybe it is how it is in 2019.

A lot of love to you guys. It is really not the meaning to ‘’destroy’’ your experience of PES by pointing the same thing out year after year... I did just have one of these moments where I felt for some opinions to be shared. I miss the old days, but I am finding myself in a position where I’m beginning to accept that it will never come back. It is a time where we ‘’’oldies’’ will hope for an offline experience, where we could develop a team against the computer. But probably (as sad at is), the only thing that can bring a football experience on a console back for me is if that some of the titles are developing an online-solution that will be interesting for me - and I really can’t see that happen.
I am finding myself, every summer, HOPING for a better PES-experience, but I believe that inside, I know what is gonna happen these days. A demo is coming - it is giving me hope, but in that one mode that can offer a minor offline-experience, the same exhausting experience is waiting.

We are in December, so I wish all of you and your families a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. I hope that there will be a lot of good times with your family, maybe a well-served beer, great food, and maybe a couple of hours with FM, PES, FIFA, or whatever you are into these days.
I will still follow this great place as there is a lot of you I share opinions with - Maybe something will change, that will get me trying one more time, but it will only be after some comments in here about ‘’being worth it’’.
Play Vanilla Version 1.0,
it's much better

I've gone from v1 back to latest update, full manual, vanilla kits so no edits. Increased my game by a minute to 15 and it is on point. Feels amazing again and much better that v1 imo. Not sure if it's because I've gone vanilla or that extra minute but I've enjoyed all 6 of my games today.

Right @fideco! I'm struggling to replicate vanilla 1.0 on PC but it's REALLY difficult.

Hello @incas36,
on PC I'm still playing the wonderful demo: the best Pes ever made.
Sooner or later I'll buy the PC version just to use your amazing mods.
You've discovered the way and inspired other modders.
You you'll never be thankful enough for the amazing job you've done.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
I have to say i do play the pc demo (since I don't have the full version on pc yet) a few times a week (with added time patch for 20min games), and it does feel amazing. Not sure what it is, but the turf, and ball just seems at a higher res. and hence looks the part, as well as playing awesome.

But, my preferred game is still with the latest patch, which I play on the ps4. Full manual passing and shooting (despite the r2 finesse not really being fixed yet), and ive been playing 20min on legend. Just amazing.. im finding it so damn hard to score and find free space..but, that's what I love.. the challenge (despite losing 90% of the games) is amazing. With this new update/patch, im finding the cpu scores in many more varied ways and making more mistakes with mis directed passing. And that's on legend. May go down and try superstar.. but im just loving this game. Havent reapplied the klashman tactics, but ill wait for next version of pesuniverse before doing so. Happy times :)

it's got the the point now where rather than look forward to playing my ML, on my allotted gaming days (i only get a few per week), im finding myself playing other games instead and ignoring PES20 as it is starting to be come repetitive, its all pass and move 1-2 team goals, which as nice as they are, get very tedious.

And the basics, attention to detail is just abysmal how so much is wrong.

Fed up with having COM players smash me to the ground and never getting a FK for it
Fed up of COM players being able to hold off 3 of my players whilst still sprinting full speed and shooting from 30 yards
Fed up of the complete moronic fouls/ref logic and conceding FK's when the COM defender KICKS ME
Fed up with the abysmal often wrong, infactual commentary that doesn't even relate to whats happening in-game
Fed up with COM team players celebrating wildly when they score a consolation goal in the 90th min when I'm already 5-0 up
Fed up of the pointless cut scenes in ML that do nothing and add absolutely nothing to the game
Fed up with the total lack of any player interactivity, or club management within ML
Fed up with that repetitive stupid manager animation of the sidelines.
Fed up with the total omission of any visible trophy when you win the league or cup
Fed up with not even being able to see other scores from your league at half time
Fed up with the broken player ratings - win 5-0 your CF scores 4 and only gets rated 8 ?!!!
Fed up with the oh-so-easy transfers - have the money?? you can sign anyone
Fed up with the monotonous wall of sound that is supposed to be matchday crowds.
Fed up with the bug in edit mode that doesnt let you change your net colours from whatever team you edited.
Fed up with playing every game in the same bloody stadiums.
Fed up with how momentum, foot planting, inertia and stats are largely ignored when dribbling and the COM reads every input
Fed up with the blatant scripting/cheating from the AI where it dumbs down and handicaps your players whilst boosting its own.

Just fed up basically, same things over and over every single year.
Good post. Sums up my feelings. I haven't played this in weeks now. It's too boring, there's no content to keep me going.

Far too many good video games out there not going to waste my precious spare time playing a game which looks and feels like it was made in 2001.

Good post. Sums up my feelings. I haven't played this in weeks now. It's too boring, there's no content to keep me going.

Far too many good video games out there not going to waste my precious spare time playing a game which looks and feels like it was made in 2001.
Best and most balanced mode for me is cups. I do a custom cup like champions league but pick all 4+ teams from top divisions so almost every group has a Premier league team, Spanish. Italian then pick top French sides, ajax, few good Brazilian teams... Really enjoy it 15 mins full manual. Results are really tight like 1 nils, 2 2-1s etc

Looks and feels like 2001? Wit?

This is what 2001 football games looked and played like...

What on earth has happened to this forum in the past few weeks.

Just watching the radar on the ISS2 video you can see that the positioning fundamental were right while they are not in the past editions. Not sure when we have to go back to have a pes with this implemented properly. I am pretty sure/confident that this is down to a design decision instead of a coding limitation, sadly...

I would take that FIFA 2001 pitch over any of the recent PES games, the pitch always look plastic which honestly should be one of the easier things to get right.
PES has some brilliant looking pitches especially in HDR. Ones that spring to mind are San Siro, Ibrox, Emirates, Old Trafford, Amsterdam Arena, The Colo Colo, Urbano Caldeira, J Armando, Est Mineirioa and the new Gremio stadium grass below looks brilliant

20191215_161314.jpg

You guys just trolling now aye? Fifa 2001 pitches... Jesus!

Last edited:
PES has some brilliant looking pitches especially in HDR. Ones that spring to mind are San Siro, Ibrox, Emirates, Old Trafford, Amsterdam Arena, The Colo Colo, Urbano Caldeira, J Armando, Est Mineirioa and the new Gremio stadium grass below looks brilliant

View attachment 27657

You guys just trolling now aye?
When playing I find the grass always looks burned out or something with a wired kinda orangey thing about it, tried changing my TV and in-game setting but am never happy with how it looks.

Exactly - pitches look better on those videos for a start.

PES 2020 is fugly. Colour palette all over the place.

This forum is fine - not all of us think PES 2020 is the best game ever I'm afraid. It's too flawed in nearly every department to be that good.

Aribo n Ojo" said:

Since when did Old Trafford and the San Siro have bright yellow, toxic looking pitches?

So we're "trolling" because you disagree with us?

PES will never improve that much because too many of the fanbase refuse to see it's flaws. Instead you'll spend your time trying to convince everyone else it's the best football game ever.

No offence to you but Konami don't give a cr*p about you, me or any of the consumers. They've got our money, that's all they care about. This blind support for a failing video game company needs to end - they owe us, we don't owe them.

Last edited:
The bad thing about the pitches @Mikhail is you can fix how they look but because of the colour palette you touch upon fixing the pitches ruins how it looks somewhere else.

Exactly - pitches look better on those videos for a start.

PES 2020 is fugly. Colour palette all over the place.

This forum is fine - not all of us think PES 2020 is the best game ever I'm afraid. It's too flawed in nearly every department to be that good.

Since when did Old Trafford and the San Siro have bright yellow, toxic looking pitches?

So we're "trolling" because you disagree with us?

PES will never improve that much because too many of the fanbase refuse to see it's flaws. Instead you'll spend your time trying to convince everyone else it's the best football game ever.

No offence to you but Konami don't give a cr*p about you, me or any of the consumers. They've got our money, that's all they care about. This blind support for a failing video game company needs to end - they owe us, we don't owe them.
San Siro doesnt have toxic yellow pitches or Old Trafford. The grass in the San Siro is very pale green not even a hint of yellow in it. Id suggest again you have your tv setup completely wrong going by that comment.

Your last comment is very odd, What game publishers care for and look out for all their customers?

View attachment 27657

You guys just trolling now aye? Fifa 2001 pitches... Jesus!

Pes 2020 should come packaged with a free pair anti-glare glasses, imo!

San Siro doesnt have toxic yellow pitches or Old Trafford. The grass in the San Siro is very pale green not even a hint of yellow in it. Id suggest again you have your tv setup completely wrong going by that comment.

Your last comment is very odd, What game publishers care for and look out for all their customers?
You're playing a different game to me then. Pitches are bright yellow on my tv, might have to return it to get it fixed?

No publishers care abot their customers, that's my point. Yet PES/Konami seem to have this hold on some of their fans. Konami can churn out utter turgid cr*p every year yet the people will defend it until they're purple in the face. I mean, you're convinced that the pitches look fine. Where as if you simply search the word/phrase "Yellow Pitch PES 2020" on twitter you'll see lots of people moaning about the same thing as me.

I don't enjoy moaning about PES. I want it to be at it's best. But it's a million miles away.

PES 2020 is a stiff, boring, mess of a game.

Nice touch on them adding SERIE B, I'm pretty sure that wasn't there when first owned the game a couple months back so instantly ditched French Leagues for a new career with Chievo, very excited to see how this plays out.

i dont see any yellow pictures on my 4k tv - i dont use hdr though. Just look green to me

Ok, so I started playing this on the weekend after getting Game Pass. I'm enjoying it - PA 1, basic shooting and crossing and default game length (10 mins??) on Top Player.

Started a Master League with Crotone in Serie B and done a little wheeling and dealing. But why is there so much negotiating during the closed transfer window. Instead of prepping for the next match, I'm dealing with emails and scouts all week long lol. I didn't think you could do any transfers outside the window...for contracted players?

Also - I started a MyClub and was only able to find one online game in the challenge cup. Wasn't able to find a game in online divisions either.

I'm in Australia but surely there's someone online to play against???

Back
Top Bottom