eFootball (All Platforms)

Guys i have a stupid question
I just bought a ps5 and my friend is offering me a pes 2021 disc version for free ..
Will i be able to continue to play it with the disc after it’s removed from the store or should i just buy it now from the playstation store to continue to play ?
Yes, you'll still be able to play the disc version when it is removed from the store.

Hi guys,

I try to find how can I remove a player from the game (for exemple a retired player).
Is there a way to do so?

Thanks for help.

Sorry guys that I will talk again about this but... I have to share it or I'll go crazy.
Going back to everything that happened this year, and I'm shocked again at how bad work Konami doing. If there is a good or a bad move for every action, they always choose the wrong path. Everything they do and make is terribly wrong and badly organized ... the trailers, the press release, the interface, and everything in the game in general ... who the hell looks at this and decides that it's OK and ready to go?

I know I know, we have already commented on this topic, about Konami's incompetence but ... holy crap !!! In the evening, when I think about it, I get angry and I can't sleep.

Now, the circus to be full, days after announcing that they are delaying the release of eF for an indefinite period, but for at least 6 months, they go out and say that they are starting to terminate PES 2021 step by step, the only full and working game they have. eF is not a game, it's just an unplayable and bad prototype that should be never released.
My mind doesn't fit it! This all looks like a big prank ... I expect Seabass to jump from the corner and say "It a just a prank, dude"

Yes, human nature is so it adapts and gets used to the new craps and challenges in one way or another, that's why some people say it's OK, I even hear absurdities that " it's better than the old games", but the fact that you manage to adapt to craps doesn't change the fact that there are craps after all.

It is amazing how Konami have just killed their game with the delay of 1.0.0 till "Spring".

People can't even be bothered to talk shit or joke about it now.

Screenshot_20211113-124729.jpg

Currently the 30-day average of eFootball players on Steam is about 12% of PES 2021.

I can only see it getting worse.

They're turning off MTX on the old game in a month's time. They're not implementing the predatory MTX mode in the new one till Spring. How is this remotely sustainable? Is this game not basically dead? I'm uncertain it'll ever be fully released.

What little hope I had for this game was predicated on slow but steady releases of updates that address core issues and introduce basic gameplay features (like an edit mode, unlocked match lengths, and competitive online modes). There's fuck all to keep anyone going with it now.

Now, the circus to be full, days after announcing that they are delaying the release of eF for an indefinite period, but for at least 6 months, they go out and say that they are starting to terminate PES 2021 step by step, the only full and working game they have.
On this, the notice they put up was a copy-paste job from a text they used for the last two releases at the same time of year.

So it seems to be Konami being slaves to routine, as usual.

I think it's unlikely they will kill the online servers until Sept, like normal. The only thing that really surprised me was getting rid of lootboxes at the same time as normal, when the new game has no MTX implementation at all and won't do till spring.

@flokiman
What the correct name of this actoin? (L2)
Shielding?

I live that it has its own command now as one of the things I hate about 2021 is that the shielding animations are automatic which means when your trying to dribble away from a defender, your attacker automatically stops and trys to shield even though he's facing goal. Nigh on infuriating.

Shielding?

I live that it has its own command now as one of the things I hate about 2021 is that the shielding animations are automatic which means when your trying to dribble away from a defender, your attacker automatically stops and trys to shield even though he's facing goal. Nigh on infuriating.
Yes mate, is shielding for attack and physical defending for defence.

Shielding?

I think over time the contextual shielding got better in PES, and in 2021 it's the best it's been imo. You also get a good sense over time of the sorts of "zones" that trigger shielding and time it. In fact, it can be rather too effective. I've played guys in my league who have the lion's share of possession but far fewer passes than the opposition (i.e. me lol).

So I think it's become very responsive to user input. Yes, on occasion, you miss an opportunity because your player has decided to shove off a player when practically through on goal. It is annoying, but somewhat realistic, and anyway that's an issue of fine tuning rather than the mechanic being faulty conceptually.

Meanwhile, manually triggered shielding looks ridiculous and can be triggered when nobody is near you, so you stick your arse out randomly like you're twerking for the crowd. Can also send players flying comically with it. Absurd.

I think over time the contextual shielding got better in PES, and in 2021 it's the best it's been imo. You also get a good sense over time of the sorts of "zones" that trigger shielding and time it. In fact, it can be rather too effective. I've played guys in my league who have the lion's share of possession but far fewer passes than the opposition (i.e. me lol).

So I think it's become very responsive to user input. Yes, on occasion, you miss an opportunity because your player has decided to shove off a player when practically through on goal. It is annoying, but somewhat realistic, and anyway that's an issue of fine tuning rather than the mechanic being faulty conceptually.

Meanwhile, manually triggered shielding looks ridiculous and can be triggered when nobody is near you, so you stick your arse out randomly like you're twerking for the crowd. Can also send players flying comically with it. Absurd.
You have a good point regarding the last paragraph. It seems like such a waste to have an entire offensive button based on an action of lesser importance to the previous L2 manual modifier which was an essential part of PES for the last 10 years at least.

A semi auto system which only initiates shielding while near opponents and holding L2 is better.

Bring back L2 manual!!!!!!

Contextual shielding is great in PES 2021, there was no need to make it have it's own activation button in eFootball. It was all about the stick adjustment when someone was jostling with you, you had to ease up to allow your player to engage in the physical battle to retain the ball / possession.

Football games don't need over complicated controls but unfortunately FIFA brought it to the table and Konami are trying to copy that. I'm done with both games already, the quality has gone down the toilet.

I am starting to enjoy ef2022 again.
I have set all graphic settings to low , so I get >120 FPS stable perfomance.
Graphics are bearable even in low settings and 120-144 fps fluidity really adds a lot.
I still think that ef2022 is the best effort to approach realism in terms of pace, animation and body mechanics (not physics/collisions).
For the first time I feel that I control athletes and not puppets/robotoids. I love the inertia and how rewarding is mastering the R2 function.

If this game had fixed the collisions and player awareness (not so common after the patch) it would be really great.
I also miss PES 2021 shooting, as now shooting lacks power and zip. Other than that I think ball physics are awesome. The way the ball spins, rolls, bounce is very realistic. For example for the first time in a football game I ve noticed the ball spin around its vertical axle after being stopped/controlled, something that is very common in real life football.

I am starting to enjoy ef2022 again.
I have set all graphic settings to low , so I get >120 FPS stable perfomance.
Graphics are bearable even in low settings and 120-144 fps fluidity really adds a lot.
I still think that ef2022 is the best effort to approach realism in terms of pace, animation and body mechanics (not physics/collisions).
For the first time I feel that I control athletes and not puppets/robotoids. I love the inertia and how rewarding is mastering the R2 function.

If this game had fixed the collisions and player awareness (not so common after the patch) it would be really great.
I also miss PES 2021 shooting, as now shooting lacks power and zip. Other than that I think ball physics are awesome. The way the ball spins, rolls, bounce is very realistic. For example for the first time in a football game I ve noticed the ball spin around its vertical axle after being stopped/controlled, something that is very common in real life football.
I know in my previous comment I said I was done with both games, but even in its current state I prefer the game of football that eFootball offers over FIFA 22.

I don't have the confidence they will but if (a big if) Konami can iron out the issues and improve the gameplay further on the foundation they have then maybe they can build some success for the long term.

They would have to be completely oblivious to not see the backlash this poor release has caused to the reputation of their flagship footy title.

I thought about giving the game a go again after reading the first part of your post but then I remembered the shooting and then there's literally no point. It's incredible that they released a football game where its impossible to score from long range.

And even more bizarre, scoring from long range MIGHT come in a update sometime next spring (!).

Really hate the gameplay compared to release day. This just plays and feels like fifa now. Everyone I play against only holds sprint which has no consequences. AI defending is too much. The 1v1 mechanics which was a lovely refreshing feature has been completely nerfed..

I'll get laughed at but I really loved and prefered the gameplay on release compared to how it is now.

I wonder what the marketing people at the "partner clubs" think of this shitshow?

Exactly my old friend. There is simply no way they can spin this positively at all.

As this saga unfolds, my first initial opinion on what has gone wrong seems to be becoming more clear as this mess seems like it steams from a board member on Konami changing direction and then sacrificing incompetent employees to pursue a shit plan which isn't working out very well.

This seems like a game in which when they started out 3 years ago, they didn't intend this to factor in anything lower spec than a PS5, PES 2020/2021 was the basis of what they wanted to use forever on the mobile. This shambles we see now is the result of someone demanding this to be focused on the mobile market and this big rush to create a cross play game which can scale up and down between a mid-high end mobile device capable of a PS3/PS4 gen game and scaling graphics back to the PS5. All the bugs and horrid presentation and graphical errors I see playing the PS4 version shows how stuff me and the PES Universe team were giving out our input to things we wanted to see graphically in a game for the PS5 there, but sadly badly scaled down from their original rendering designed for the PS5.

One thing the team I believe were working on which was showcased in the Messi render for PES 2022 is full scanned bodies for the first time in a football game with cloth mesh on top to represent a real human this other than the heads, arms, legs baked into a kit mesh we see today which caused much of the 'clipping' dilemma problems which plague sports gaming from stepping up another level of realism. This has all be either shelved of destroyed with this current project. The only thing i see moving forward is to resurface this intention showed with this Messi render for PES 2022 once or 'if' the gameplay sorts itself out to something respectable at the very least in a PS5/PC only focused upgrade.

These partners where signing up for uncanny valley football to appear this year and instead we get splitting image vs the muppet show! These clubs will not be happy. This franchise hangs in the balance now. These next few updates in December and January have to be very good or else I would not be surprised if many of these partners pull the plug.

One thing which rings so true is the sorry state of the game we see today had a incredible amount of disagreement in direction put into the current product.

Last edited:
The game is dead now. Unplayable. The update made it worse overall. More importantly, it seems like nobody cares anymore. People moved on to either pes 21 or fifa. I really hope ufl can shake up the football game space. It doesnt have to be perfect, but i hope for a decent base and a PR team that listens to the fans.

Very sad end to this franchise indeed. Ive played this since the days of perfect eleven on SNES and this really feels like theyve nuked the franchise all together. I dont think they can return from this.

Anyhow, whoever is enjoying this efootball release, all power to u. Im out.

The game is dead now. Unplayable. The update made it worse overall. More importantly, it seems like nobody cares anymore. People moved on to either pes 21 or fifa. I really hope ufl can shake up the football game space. It doesnt have to be perfect, but i hope for a decent base and a PR team that listens to the fans.

Very sad end to this franchise indeed. Ive played this since the days of perfect eleven on SNES and this really feels like theyve nuked the franchise all together. I dont think they can return from this.

Anyhow, whoever is enjoying this efootball release, all power to u. Im out.
This was always the risk , fifa 22 releasing a good next gen game and Konami releasing a mobile game that's 20% complete. They've lost major ground now and EA will be reporting 2023 edition of whatever they are releasing by the Konami are 80% there in terms of content and if still may play shit

Typical Konami way of fixing things.
I wrote it couple of pages ago - physicality and collisions will be gone, animations will be shortened, randomness will be gone.

Its been happening for years now. They never addressed any of the issues properly, just dumbed the game down to cover them.

Even tho I pretty much gave up on it at this stage - it's so fucking infuriating to see that people who stuck with it, and still could see some potential in this mess, are now being robbed of all the good things coz Konami is not able to address the real issues. Year after year after fucking year.
Really angry and sorry to hear this, guys.
You´re absolutely right and it´s sad, how they approach to their own game.
That´s such a sloppy and lazy way to work.
Some thing isn´t working properly...dumb it down or take it out.

Same with the difficulty levels.
The more you set the level higher it feels like scripting gets stronger instead of programming it properly.

Personally it is better after the patch, but it's still barebones. They would have been better off removing it from the store and rebranding it back to PES in Spring 2022.

Back
Top Bottom