eFootball (All Platforms)

Konami on the other hand have finally created a simulation again with physical defending at its heart and a learning curve.Tactics that now work properly,AI that is genuinely convincing.It closes space.Knows when to sit off,when to press.Goals aren’t easy to score and your forced to be patient and work the ball.Using the long ball and more varied lofted passes are a requirement.You can’t just rely on ground passes and keeping it short.There’s also a raft of tactical options that currently in the demo are turned off.The ones that are there though,work.You can clearly see it,even with something as simple as a quick counter.

A simulation where the ball gets ignored by 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 players in a row on Superstar difficulty.... where you need to press any button a good second before you actually want to because of how piss poor the responsiveness is. Where you need to hope that player you're lobbing the ball to won't be surprised as it smacks him in the face. And if all goes to plan, you need to deal with the downgraded passing and shooting physics, with piss poor off-ball player movement.

No thanks.

I'll play this game one last time in January, do my review, then there's a 99% chance I'll go back to PES2021 where I'm having a ton of fun on FUMA legend, then try eFootball 2023 in Septemeber 2022 and see how far they've come with the game.

I want eFootball to work, and I want to play online btw. I don't want to be an offline-only player. All I need is a half decent game, whereas eFootball is pure trash.

Last edited:
Actually, in my case I only care about offline modes. I can play an occasional online match with a friend, but I won't even consider efootball until it has a decent Master League, BAL, cups, and leagues. I really don't care how much they improve the gameplay, as they are bound to do eventually. I don't care if the physics are revolutionized with the new engine, or if there are 1000 different ways to defend.

No offline and no moddable leagues? = Not interested.

I want to be able to play the Peruvian League, The Copa Libertadores, the AFC Champions League, the African Cup of Nations, the WORLD CUP. And Offline. In my own time. With my own stories, and the community's brilliant patches and gameplay mods.

That's why I'm sticking to modded PES 2021 until something worthy of us offline gamers comes along.

Peace out bros. :TU:

Last edited:
The guy takes a comment talking about the game and goes on the attack because he didn't like the comment, it's a lot of crying.
I showed a fact in front of a comment where it was not analyzed because the fucking ball passed by the players and the mother CPU didn't catch. It's just that, no crying.

How is he "goin on attack"? He made a very logical response. I see a trend here that all of you "positive" ones just complain about being attacked :LOL:

The guy takes a comment talking about the game and goes on the attack because he didn't like the comment, it's a lot of crying.
I showed a fact in front of a comment where it was not analyzed because the fucking ball passed by the players and the mother CPU didn't catch. It's just that, no crying.

Mate I don't care or mind that you like a game with no mother cpu or grandpa AI, what I'm saying is that it's a dumb e-sport and no one should pretend it's football & try to preach about how sim it is.

At least Fut players on the other side of the fence are honest, they openly say they don't want a realistic game.

Also I would love to know how someone can play against mother CPU when mother CPU can't play the game. Konami should just not bother releasing ML. It would save everyone the trouble and money.

What’s with the italics mate?

So I decided to give Efootball 2022 another chance (Xbox One version). It´s just horrible, absolutely turgid stuff. The ball rolls along like it´s stuck in the mud and the players move around like WW1 tanks.

For the people saying there´s a lot of potential, a diamond in the rough that just needs some polishing. Let me just remind you. Hitler also had potential as a blossoming artist, yet in the end amounted to nothing more than the work of an amateur, shit, failed painter. We all know what happens next and much like Hitler, Konami now has plans to subjugate the entire world with their E-propaganda, subliminal, hyponitizing IKEA-color scheme and zombie-Messis and Lewandoskis.

If World War III happens, it´s your fault.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/efootball-2022-review/

A pretty strange review. Low grade but talks fairly optimistically about the potential:

"The thing is, it doesn't play that bad a game of football. Somewhere under the rubble, there's a good soccer sim waiting to be pulled free."

The old jewel-in-shit argument.

Predictably, the good "game of football" is then cashed out in terms of dribbling mechanics and one-on-one encounters. I've no idea how potential for good one-on-one moments alone translates into the seeds of "a good soccer sim".

Then they assert something false:

"The developer has also rolled out a hotfix already which addresses some of the most disruptive bugs, netcode wobblies and animation mishaps. The visual bugs many players reported on launch day have been absent from my experience—whether by hotfix or by luck."

No, it was routine maintenance that Galvani & co. whipped up excitement for, and only gullible Redditors and Twitter users believed. The fact this made its way into a review is ridiculous, and also shows how the bullshit clickbait merchants that surround PES can make Konami look better than they are. It happened also with the "leaked faces" that were actually the work of digital artists from two years ago, as those faces made their way into poorly researched articles and then used to hype up the next PES.

Lastly, this gem:

"To this reviewer's wizened eyes the stadiums, crowds, and pitch surfaces look better than they ever have before."

Frankly an incomprehensible position. You can make the argument on stadiums, but on crowds and the pitch – across all versions of the game – it's not controversial to say they look like arse. The crowd in particular, as heavily memed as they've been, looks 7th gen.

So why do reviewers write guff like this? I think it's about covering yourself, especially as the game runs a live service model – they think it might get good in the long run so they want to have gotten it right in advance. Or maybe they're just terrible at analysing football and football games and don't actually understand what's bad with the game outside of a few bugs, so they think it's okay but slap a low rating on it nonetheless because that's now the norm for this release.

Either way, bizarre and annoying.

If that feels rewarding, then I´m glad for you.

I´m also glad that I don´t play online no more. With the old defending system, those dribbling skills been quite rare.
That was one of the big differences to the other game imo. Now that you have a new defending system (which doesn´t work properly) and are forced to pull off manual defending, those dribbling moves get more effective, I guess.

Actually I´m a positive guy. Often when other people slagged off a release, I tried to get to like the game, just like with PES 2014.
Many people hated it, I kinda liked it and focussed myself on the positives.

With this game though....I don´t see any improvement over the last release...absolutely nothing that makes me keep playing this game.
The menus look awful, the graphics are a disgrace to any gamer and the game looks like a lazy copy and paste job by the devs, except for some new cutscenes which - to be fair - are quite nice but get you used to it quite quick.
Plus, that zoomed out camera after scoring a goal.....it looks so off....so unnatural....I don´t know how to describe it.

I might give it another try after it has been patched but I don´t have high hopes.
And so much of a copy and paste job the gameplay is, the ML DLC will be certainly too....no doubt.

Seen a comment on youtube recently that said something like:
The only free game that makes you feel being robbed...

"Someday, and that day may never come, Konami will call upon you to do a service for them. But until that day, accept this eFootball as justice, as a gift on €Football's wedding day as a demo-like experience with the other families."

he's currently playing in the chilean league!

captura-de-pantalla-2jvjnc.png

https://sabes.cl/2021/05/21/sueno-c...s-veran-al-mitico-castolo-en-la-liga-chilena/
THE GOAT.

A pretty strange review. Low grade but talks fairly optimistically about the potential:

"The thing is, it doesn't play that bad a game of football. Somewhere under the rubble, there's a good soccer sim waiting to be pulled free."

Predictably, the good "game of football" is then cashed out in terms of dribbling mechanics and one-on-one encounters. I've no idea how potential for good one-on-one moments alone translates into the seeds of "a good soccer sim".

"The developer has also rolled out a hotfix already which addresses some of the most disruptive bugs, netcode wobblies and animation mishaps. The visual bugs many players reported on launch day have been absent from my experience—whether by hotfix or by luck."

No, it was routine maintenance that Galvani & co. whipped up excitement for, and only gullible Redditors and Twitter users believed. The fact this made its way into a review is ridiculous, and also shows how the bullshit clickbait merchants that surround PES can make Konami look better than they are. It happened also with the "leaked faces" that were actually the work of digital artists from two years ago, as those faces made their way into poorly researched articles and then used to hype up the next PES.

Lastly, this gem:

"To this reviewer's wizened eyes the stadiums, crowds, and pitch surfaces look better than they ever have before."

Frankly an incomprehensible position. You can make the argument on stadiums, but on crowds and the pitch – across all versions of the game – it's not controversial to say they look like arse. The crowd in particular, as heavily memed as they've been, looks 7th gen.

So why do reviewers write guff like this? I think it's about covering yourself, especially as the game runs a live service model – they think it might get good in the long run so they want to have gotten it right in advance. Or maybe they're just terrible at analysing football and football games and don't actually understand what's bad with the game outside of a few bugs, so they think it's okay but slap a low rating on it nonetheless because that's now the norm for this release.

Completly agree with you, this has been the problem of PES for more than 10 years. People praising the game in hope to have something in return from Konami, or be called to early events. Many Konami shills on twitter, stating that some hotfix did some changes, just to be corrected a few days latter by konami itself stating the "FIX" will come out on 28th of this month. And the funniest thing is most of them stated that Konami, probably didnt had the time, or that the submission process was delayed by Microsoft and Sony, and that is why they did not released version 1.0, but then stated that after one week without any notice, version change, etc, that something has changed (some miracle placebo hotfix).

As long as these kind of people keep cooping with Konami, we will never have the game we all deserve. Or better they will have the game they deserve, a turd unresponsive one, full of bugs and glitches, but at least, maybe they will have early access to future code versions, or bombastic news so they can rise their social network channels :DOH:

Lastly, this gem:

I didn't read the review, merely skimmed it. Though I suppose I ultimately agree with the reviewer's take that the game is pretty bad, but now without potential; the review itself seems riddled with errors.

Aside from the ones you quoted, there is:

Big content drops are planned, the first of which is due 11th November and adds Creative Team—think FUT in PES clothing—and will cost £34.

Admittedly, I haven't been following the online components closely at all (I don't really know what "Creative Team" even means), but I was under the impression they were strictly free.

As a side-note, I hope none of the offline DLC (Master League, etc) costs anywhere near that much. I just don't know where they pulled that number from.

I'm pretty sure they won't cost anything on the account that they'll probably never get finished in the first place.

So I decided to give Efootball 2022 another chance (Xbox One version). It´s just horrible, absolutely turgid stuff. The ball rolls along like it´s stuck in the mud and the players move around like WW1 tanks.

For the people saying there´s a lot of potential, a diamond in the rough that just needs some polishing. Let me just remind you. Hitler also had potential as a blossoming artist, yet in the end amounted to nothing more than the work of an amateur, shit, failed painter. We all know what happens next and much like Hitler, Konami now has plans to subjugate the entire world with their E-propaganda, subliminal, hyponitizing IKEA-color scheme and zombie-Messis and Lewandoskis.

This is the content that keeps me coming back to Evo-Web.

I'm trying to understand if whether the passing is slow, the center forward is fast or both. It's just so annoying that this even happen. To be fair, this also happens in PES 2021 but there there is an added animation for the wind up when this *needs* to happen to make sure the opponent gets where he needs to be.

View attachment 126712

Also a vid in slow motion so it is more clear to see how the attacker almost moves faster than the ball.
View attachment 126715
look, for now efootball 2022 is unplayable for me, I can't defend, same thing with pes 2021, but thanks to the gameplay of Holland, especially the latest and putting the right speed thanks to the speed server, everything is improved and great long

I didn't read the review, merely skimmed it. Though I suppose I ultimately agree with the reviewer's take that the game is pretty bad, but now without potential; the review itself seems riddled with errors.

Aside from the ones you quoted, there is:

Admittedly, I haven't been following the online components closely at all (I don't really know what "Creative Team" even means), but I was under the impression they were strictly free.

As a side-note, I hope none of the offline DLC (Master League, etc) costs anywhere near that much. I just don't know where they pulled that number from.

I'm pretty sure they won't cost anything on the account that they'll probably never get finished in the first place.
You're right it's a mistake as they've stated it. It should be:

- Creative Team mode (that's the new myClub with an even worse name btw) and a larger update to the game launches on 11th November as currently scheduled
- The mode is free to play
- Pre-orders for lootboxes and premium currency for the mode are already on sale, for a price of 31-35 quid depending on platform (iirc)

And ideally they should add this is the scummiest of business practices.

As for the cost of ML, who knows. In Camaldinho's playtest info video, he said he asked them about the mode and the cost. They didn't say the price, but they did say it would be a one-time purchase. If it's really one purchase and works across all subsequent "seasons", I can see it being priced fairly highly, and also not something that gets meaningful updates. More just a legacy add-on.

Mate I don't care or mind that you like a game with no mother cpu or grandpa AI, what I'm saying is that it's a dumb e-sport and no one should pretend it's football & try to preach about how sim it is.

At least Fut players on the other side of the fence are honest, they openly say they don't want a realistic game.

Also I would love to know how someone can play against mother CPU when mother CPU can't play the game. Konami should just not bother releasing ML. It would save everyone the trouble and money.
No, no... you don't understand...
It has been said that the ball passes close to the players and they are watching. I made a video and showed why players were looking and compared it to PES.
I didn't get into the question of being good or bad or anything, just the facts, and the facts are what the video showed.
PES = CPU intercepts the pass whenever it wants, today yes, tomorrow no.
Efootball = YOU can try to intercept the pass whenever he likes.

You're right it's a mistake as they've stated it. It should be:

- Creative Team mode (that's the new myClub with an even worse name btw) and a larger update to the game launches on 11th November as currently scheduled
- The mode is free to play
- Pre-orders for lootboxes and premium currency for the mode are already on sale, for a price of 31-35 quid depending on platform (iirc)

And ideally they should add this is the scummiest of business practices.

As for the cost of ML, who knows. In Camaldinho's playtest info video, he said he asked them about the mode and the cost. They didn't say the price, but they did say it would be a one-time purchase. If it's really one purchase and works across all subsequent "seasons", I can see it being priced fairly highly, and also not something that gets meaningful updates. More just a legacy add-on.
Yep there's no way this is a one time purchase otherwise it would be in a miserable state. I feel that the rep didn't understand the question or didn't have enough information.

Yep there's no way this is a one time purchase otherwise it would be in a miserable state. I feel that the rep didn't understand the question or didn't have enough information.

To be fair, ML has kinda been in a lackluster state for awhile.

But I also don't believe Konami here. :)
And I agree with you that, if it were true, it'd make me worry the quality would only further deteriorate.

Given how many bugs there are in the game, and how unfinished it is, it seems very optimistic to expect an even half-baked ML any time soon (hell, even I think they should be focusing on fixing the game first).
And after the game's reception, it'd just be an extremely bad look to charge 30 quid for a half-baked ML.

It can be a one time purchase, if they then charge you each year for updated squads. Or you have the other possibility, which is more reliable looking at the history of this efootball release, and it´s that they are just simply lying. They lied/hide the truth in almost everything regarding efootball, so that is just one more to add to the list. If people didn´t have bothered to ask for the offline modes and Master league when roadmap came out, i bet that Konami woulnd´t even have talked about it, or had in their plans releasing it. They would just stick to the milking online modes.

They have it on the code, since they imported everything to the unreal engine, but that doesn´t mean anything, because if they can´t get a release version right on the release date, from now on we just have to wait for a snow ball of rinse and repeat, patch of bugs, new bugs etc etc, until the game is stable and ready to receive new modes.

Please be seated here vines my review of €foolball.

What a piece of useless garbage. Went back to play PES2021 full manual on superstar. Halleluja what a joy. There is N O comparison at all. WTF are they doing at Koinami???

i watch streams a lot, because i wont play myself with that horrible response time, still like to know whats going on, anyway..

i noticed that online the matches look all the same no matter team and tactics, midfield vertically is very open and has holes, then it gets compact rather quickly in front of the box especially horizontally, the meta is to make a good dribble/move in the half space at the edge of the box and then cut inside, or run to the line and cross if you have a good header CF, so its at first one move and then it divides into two cut-in or cross, thats all there is to it

surely one could argue that this is the modern game, and most goals are scored like that, but im not sure if this is the case to the degree it is represented in the game

result in goals frequently:
distance goals? no
dribble through the middle? no
pass through mid: a little bit

its a bit like pes6 online if you think about it :THINK:

Get out

what was the reason behind not puttin in that roadmap at first?
This is a serious question or a pun?

If not a serious, reply: What's ML?

If a serious one, reply: It is not directly connected with microtransactions.

The direction recently was already, only e-sports and moneygrab.

With the 21st July announcement, the direction turn is even more clear, "taking gambling to next level". I don't fimd mental to include any other mode, except for the microtransaction related modes to a roadmap.

I would say, someone must have a lot of audacity to ask for a ML/BAL/Online Divisions /11vs11, in between this new context.

Back
Top Bottom