EA 2 - Konami 0

after reading the Seabass interview i am just happy that the PS2 will be getting Winning Eleven 11. Thanks Seabass.. :)

I never thought i would ever say this but im looking forward to FIFA more than PES :s, im off now to saw my head off lol

Are some people in this topic actually surprised to hear that EA are "redesigning" the game engine..... again?!....

They say that shit every year, it's nearly as funny as Konami telling us that the online lag will be removed, or the Master League has been improved.

I couldn't care less how great the new Fifa looks, or how ordinary the new PES looks, I never expected the new "next-gen" PES to be anything spectacular anyway, the only people that did were the 360 hopefuls. (sorry guys, but you know it's true ;) )

ive read this all before pro evo will always be better than fifa. EA always say the same. All the people disapointed that pro evo isnt next gen enough really know y and are one pissed for that reason ;) as for me october 2006 the best football game on the planet = PES6 :d

I have to be honest, Pro Evo 6 has disappointed me from the interviews i've read. the biggest problem i've had is the 1 vs 1 on xbox live (me and my mates used to play this all the time!). where is the quick free kick feature that was talked about? no where to be seen! Xbox 360 is a next gen machine and all Konami have done is improve the graphics like every other developer did when the 360 FIRST came out! the gameplay from videos looks no different at all! and to top it off they give PS2 and PC 8 player multiplayer against each other! random match mode (which i was looking forward to) and the international challenge mode (not really fussed by this but in the end its an extra mode which i'm not getting!)

In the end i'm gonna pay £49.99 for PES6 on 360 when i could get it on PS2 with all the modes for £39.99 (29.99 if i get it on the net!)

this isn't a i hate Konami message but just a very frustrated PES fan.

PS... i still will buy PES6 and FIFA 07 (i haven't bought a FIFA game in years!)

The ball movement in those videos of Fifa is appaulaing. It's only detached when the player stops, not when they're moving.

Same crap. I'll give it a 10 day from GAME because it's got clubs and all the leagues. They still suck me in.

nickgarratt said:
I have to be honest, Pro Evo 6 has disappointed me from the interviews i've read. the biggest problem i've had is the 1 vs 1 on xbox live (me and my mates used to play this all the time!). where is the quick free kick feature that was talked about? no where to be seen! Xbox 360 is a next gen machine and all Konami have done is improve the graphics like every other developer did when the 360 FIRST came out! the gameplay from videos looks no different at all! and to top it off they give PS2 and PC 8 player multiplayer against each other! random match mode (which i was looking forward to) and the international challenge mode (not really fussed by this but in the end its an extra mode which i'm not getting!)

In the end i'm gonna pay £49.99 for PES6 on 360 when i could get it on PS2 with all the modes for £39.99 (29.99 if i get it on the net!)

this isn't a i hate Konami message but just a very frustrated PES fan.

PS... i still will buy PES6 and FIFA 07 (i haven't bought a FIFA game in years!)

The quick free-kicks are in the 360 version, they're there in one of the movies and are done the exact same way as they are in WE10. And if you buy the 360 version on the net, the same criteria you used for the PS2 release, it's £40, but why let facts get in the way of a good rant eh?

Well, if it wont be possible to chip it safely, then I won`t do it. But I can`t see no reason why this wouldn`t be possible in the future. When PS2 came, everybody said that piracy wont be possible. Well, they were wrong. I am not advertising piracy, but I am not mad to spend 60 € on every game I like.

I frown upon that mate.... 2nd hand games or price drops is the way to go... not just pirate it!!

DJ

it's such a shame that FIFA still will play shite, the graphics are crap (even on 360, I mean, look at the players), plus that shininess to the graphics look awful. Roll on PES6

matherto said:
it's such a shame that FIFA still will play shite, the graphics are crap (even on 360, I mean, look at the players), plus that shininess to the graphics look awful. Roll on PES6

Not so fast! I like to mention two interesting Game Spy articles about both games that seem to tell a different story. Both journalist actualy played the (Xbox 360) games themself...

FIFA 07
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/fifa-soccer-07/729370p1.html

Pro Evo 6
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/winning-eleven/728957p1.html

Still tend to think the 2-0 halftimescore in favour of EA is pretty realistic.

Graphics on FIFA 07 360 dont look that bad to me matherto!! They look more Next Gen than PES6's do.

DJ

True, Fifa 07 looks really really good. I am a PES series fan, I`ve allways played only PES, but this Fifa 07..damn. And djdoc360, here in Croatia we haven`t got second hand game shops, and won`t buy games from E-bay etc. I just dont trust them.

Get a 360, save yourself loads of money and play basically the same games :) oh except for the unrealistic Gran Turismo... but we have Forza 2 for that :)

DJ

Having 1vs 1 on 360 is much better than 8 players.Just think how laggy the ps2 games will be, were as with the 360 i don't think there will be much lag if any. In all the 360 users and pc users will have a better pes6online experience. And as for Fifa, online will never be right let alone the gameplay!!!!

zidane75 said:
Having 1vs 1 on 360 is much better than 8 players.Just think how laggy the ps2 games will be, were as with the 360 i don't think there will be much lag if any. In all the 360 users and pc users will have a better pes6online experience. And as for Fifa, online will never be right let alone the gameplay!!!!

LOl, right... good point... it would be even better with NO ONLINE, that way there wouldn't be any lag at all!!
Damn, some people are just blind

Anyway, i love PES and hate FIFA. But i find myself playing FIFAWC06 in the 360 cause of the better graphics, widescreen, playing on a 32" lcd, and really, the gameplay has been worse (but its far from PEs still, i know)

And to all the people sayng that Konami isnt changing anything cause they dont need to cause the game is perfect... well, thats stupid.
I dont know how fifa07 will be, maybe the gameplay wont be as good as PES, but at least they try. They have the clubs, the leagues, the great graphics, etc. Konami has the gameplay right, but WOULD IT BE TOO HARD TO MAKE SOME DECENT GRAPHICS ON THE 360?? Damn, the videos i saw are bad, really bad, i couldnt believe it. I know that in front of me in HD that they'll look better, but i think they are still very bad.
So dont come up with that "oh-they-dont-change-cause-they-dont-have-to" crap, cause they could change ALOT!!
Im buyinf FIFA 07, at least i'll have a good looking footy game. And maybe, just maybe EA starts getting on Konamis ass gameplay wise, i would love that. Konami had plenty of time to make a truly next gen PES for the 360, but they must think like this: "we have the gameplay, people say its all that matters, so lets just port the damn thing and f@ck next gen graphics, its too much trouble"
I think theres no excuse for FIFA RTWC which was a launch title for the 360, having better graphics than PES6 for the 360.
To bad that fifa07 problably wont stand up to the gameplay os PES, i would really like to see that happen, and it would be deserved for their work and for konamis laziness.

the difference between EA and Konami is like 2 students. One of them being reaaly inteligent and never studing and having all the good grades (konami), while the other is dumb as shit but tries very hard and studies alot (ea).

Last edited:
Fifa07 should look Next Gen by now. How many FIFA releases have there been on the 360 so far?! :-k

It's the first PES release on a Next-Gen machine, and unless you're unaware of what happened in the past, or dont realise how unlikely Konami are of upsetting Sony, then you wouldn't have expected PES6 on the 360 to be anything spectacular. The only people that are "disappointed", are the people who built their own expectations too high...

Dar said:
Fifa07 should look Next Gen by now. How many FIFA releases have there been on the 360 so far?! :-k

It's the first PES release on a Next-Gen machine, and unless you're unaware of what happened in the past, or dont realise how unlikely Konami are of upsetting Sony, then you wouldn't have expected PES6 on the 360 to be anything spectacular. The only people that are "disappointed", are the people who built their own expectations too high...

No, my expectations werent to high. They were for something decent, not the shitty graphics i've seen.
And yes, its the first PES on 360, which means they had a longggggggggg time to work on it and make some graphics at least as good as a 1 year old game that launched with the 360, doesnt it?
And i don't give a shit if Konami doesnt want to upset Sony bla bla, i just compare one footy game coming out to another.
So i just wish EA would create a good gameplay, then Konami could lick Sony's ass and sell many PES7 in Japan while nobody would buy PES6 in Europe.
First time i'm ever supporting FIFA.
Why the hell they must wait for PES7 and PS3 to create a next gen PES? Oh right, Konami loves Sony. Bullshit, they love MONEY. And Japan isnt the only place that PES sells good, you know? In europe it sells great aswell and there are millions of 360 over here.
Konami are lazy bastards and i hope that by the time they release their truly netx-gen PES7 for PS3 and 360, that EA would be far ahead with their FIFA08.

All that Seabass mambo jambo that it was awesome to work with a next gen console like the 360 cause it was possible to do things they couldnt before and bla bla , and now we get a WE10 with SLIGHTLY better graphics. And they will only start the nex gen thing seriously on PS3. And then maybe port it to the 360. What a sad company konami is.

Last edited:
You can support whatever game you like, I couldn't care less. :)

Anyone expecting anything but slightly shinier graphics were expecting too much already. Your "something decent" was obviously too high an expectation. To be honest I wouldn't have expected anything except High Def support and maybe the use of higher quality textures. Realistic expectations. ;)

thisempty said:
No, my expectations werent to high. They were for something decent, not the shitty graphics i've seen.
And yes, its the first PES on 360, which means they had a longggggggggg time to work on it and make some graphics at least as good as a 1 year old game that launched with the 360, doesnt it?
And i don't give a shit if Konami doesnt want to upset Sony bla bla, i just compare one footy game coming out to another.
So i just wish EA would create a good gameplay, then Konami could lick Sony's ass and sell many PES7 in Japan while nobody would buy PES6 in Europe.
First time i'm ever supporting FIFA.
Why the hell they must wait for PES7 and PS3 to create a next gen PES? Oh right, Konami loves Sony. Bullshit, they love MONEY. And Japan isnt the only place that PES sells good, you know? In europe it sells great aswell and there are millions of 360 over here.
Konami are lazy bastards and i hope that by the time they release their truly netx-gen PES7 for PS3 and 360, that EA would be far ahead with their FIFA08.

All that Seabass mambo jambo that it was awesome to work with a next gen console like the 360 cause it was possible to do things they couldnt before and bla bla , and now we get a WE10 with SLIGHTLY better graphics. And they will only start the nex gen thing seriously on PS3. And then maybe port it to the 360. What a sad company konami is.

Agreed mate.:lol:
Not to mention we won't have to patch the shit out of it(Fifa 07 that is).:applause:

Regarding the online comments,I really don't think it is possible to always have a lag free game.

Believe it or not,there are some sad gamers out there who decide to upload on there pc's just before logging on to live.

Saddo's who pull out there ethernet cables just for a second or two,just enough to cause a lag when they are hosting.

There is NOTHING that EA or Konami can do about that in fairness.

We need to wipe those sons of bitches out from online gaming,On all platforms.

Period !!!

im VERY happy ea are re doing the engine,

because it means MAYBE, JUST MAYBE it will be good.

but the fact is, this happens every year, people start swaying because konami aren;t really hyping it.

but in the end you play fifa and it all becomes clear.......its tripe.

and even if pes6 is only improved a bit. i would still bet money on it being a better game (gameplay wise....which is the only thing that matters to me) than fifa.

i wouldn;t mind if im wrong..

it means having to very different yet very very good football games to play.

BUT ITS EA........they very very rarely do good games.

thisempty said:
Anyway, i love PES and hate FIFA. But i find myself playing FIFAWC06 in the 360 cause of the better graphics, widescreen, playing on a 32" lcd, and really, the gameplay has been worse (but its far from PEs still, i know)

And to all the people sayng that Konami isnt changing anything cause they dont need to cause the game is perfect... well, thats stupid.
I dont know how fifa07 will be, maybe the gameplay wont be as good as PES, but at least they try. They have the clubs, the leagues, the great graphics, etc. Konami has the gameplay right, but WOULD IT BE TOO HARD TO MAKE SOME DECENT GRAPHICS ON THE 360?? Damn, the videos i saw are bad, really bad, i couldnt believe it. I know that in front of me in HD that they'll look better, but i think they are still very bad.
So dont come up with that "oh-they-dont-change-cause-they-dont-have-to" crap, cause they could change ALOT!!
Im buyinf FIFA 07, at least i'll have a good looking footy game. And maybe, just maybe EA starts getting on Konamis ass gameplay wise, i would love that. Konami had plenty of time to make a truly next gen PES for the 360, but they must think like this: "we have the gameplay, people say its all that matters, so lets just port the damn thing and f@ck next gen graphics, its too much trouble"
I think theres no excuse for FIFA RTWC which was a launch title for the 360, having better graphics than PES6 for the 360.
To bad that fifa07 problably wont stand up to the gameplay os PES, i would really like to see that happen, and it would be deserved for their work and for konamis laziness.

the difference between EA and Konami is like 2 students. One of them being reaaly inteligent and never studing and having all the good grades (konami), while the other is dumb as shit but tries very hard and studies alot (ea).

sorry but fair enough thats your opinions.

but your whole arguement is based on graphics.

which in a FOOTBALL game......remember the camera is zoomed out........doesn;t really matter.

only in zoomed in sequences does graphics matter and even then im not too bothered.

in the end, the thing that makes most people i know keep playing a sports game. is the gameplay.....no the licences, not the graphics, jut the gameplay.

and as i said i highly doubt ea could pull off a game that turns out to play better than pes6.

Last edited:
Konami have always opted for understated realism as opposed to OTT FIFA-style graphics.

The video's of PES6 don't blow anyone away but we've come to expect so much from Konami that it was always gonna be hard to please the fans. Having rewatched a HD video on another site, I realised how much I loved it. It looked so slick and the gameplay flowed as good as any PES I've ever seen. I look at PES5 on my PS2 and then watch that vid and frankly, the 360 version is a million miles better.

Dar said:
You can support whatever game you like, I couldn't care less. :)

Anyone expecting anything but slightly shinier graphics were expecting too much already. Your "something decent" was obviously too high an expectation. To be honest I wouldn't have expected anything except High Def support and maybe the use of higher quality textures. Realistic expectations. ;)

I wasnt expecting for you to care about me supporting either game... irrelevant thing to say, but thats ok...

My "something decent" was obviously too high an expectation for you, maybe.
Your "realistic" expectations are obviously to low, lol.

Konami said that they were working on PES for the 360 for a long time and that it was awesome and that alot of things could be done... so i don't think my expectations were to high. Thats only your opinion.

Last edited:
grechzoo said:
im VERY happy ea are re doing the engine,

because it means MAYBE, JUST MAYBE it will be good.

but the fact is, this happens every year, people start swaying because konami aren;t really hyping it.

but in the end you play fifa and it all becomes clear.......its tripe.

and even if pes6 is only improved a bit. i would still bet money on it being a better game (gameplay wise....which is the only thing that matters to me) than fifa.

i wouldn;t mind if im wrong..

it means having to very different yet very very good football games to play.

BUT ITS EA........they very very rarely do good games.

sorry but fair enough thats your opinions.

but your whole arguement is based on graphics.

which in a FOOTBALL game......remember the camera is zoomed out........doesn;t really matter.

only in zoomed in sequences does graphics matter and even then im not too bothered.

in the end, the thing that makes most people i know keep playing a sports game. is the gameplay.....no the licences, not the graphics, jut the gameplay.

and as i said i highly doubt ea could pull off a game that turns out to play better than pes6.

Well, everything you say is allright, but if EA can pull of amazing graphics, why can't Konami?
I know that in the end i'll be playing PES6 cause of thr gameplay, but having a great gameplay is an excuse to poor graphics?
I've seen zoomed in parts in the PES6 360 videos and it sucked big time. The uniforms, the faces, crap. I dont know why everyone goes easy on Konami.
Now imagine that EA could pull of great gameplay like Konami? I would play Fifa.
Of course gameplay is the most important thing, but great gameplay and great visuals are even better, dont you think?
And Konami can't even change the damn font they use in the menus... its like a 20 year old font, just plain bad. Just polish the damn thing, see some FIFA menus, presentation...
Thats why i have the dream that crappy Fifa starts to play ok, cause if it comes near PES gameplay wise, i wouldnt look at PES again while they keep their unprofessional looks of the game.
If it were just for the gameplay i wouldnt have bought a xbox360, the games dont have better gameplay than the games for the ps2 or xbox1. I could just play PONG and i would be very happy if gameplay were 100% of a game value

Last edited:
I like to think of it as Konami leading 1:0 until the last 10 minutes and FIFA scoring the equaliser and now is putting the extra pressure on Konami to score the winning goal......

Lets see how it plays out....

thisempty said:
Well, everything you say is allright, but if EA can pull of amazing graphics, why can't Konami?
I know that in the end i'll be playing PES6 cause of thr gameplay, but having a great gameplay is an excuse to poor graphics?
I've seen zoomed in parts in the PES6 360 videos and it sucked big time. The uniforms, the faces, crap. I dont know why everyone goes easy on Konami.
Now imagine that EA could pull of great gameplay like Konami? I would play Fifa.
Of course gameplay is the most important thing, but great gameplay and great visuals are even better, dont you think?
And Konami can't even change the damn font they use in the menus... its like a 20 year old font, just plain bad. Just polish the damn thing, see some FIFA menus, presentation...
Thats why i have the dream that crappy Fifa starts to play ok, cause if it comes near PES gameplay wise, i wouldnt look at PES again while they keep their unprofessional looks of the game.
If it were just for the gameplay i wouldnt have bought a xbox360, the games dont have better gameplay than the games for the ps2 or xbox1. I could just play PONG and i would be very happy if gameplay were 100% of a game value
Look mate i'm sorry to say this, not to be offensive or none of that but you sound more like a graphics whore than anything... Firstly this is a football game not a first person shoot em' up, IMO gameplay is prime any other thing is optional if you ask me (i see you added a couple more stuff to your post concerning gameplay so, good), secondly if you read my post 46 posts ago and you're not a rookie to the franchise in terms of how long you've been playing this game (both PES/WE) then you should know and understand how konami/seabass opts to progress with this franchise including WE. TBH, PES6 is konami version of EA's Fifa RTWC, and its already looking way way better that thier WC06 effort, wait till middle next year, if you cant then buy Fifa07 (or whatever its called, it might keep you busy for one hour) ;)

not pointing any fingers, but i think its funny how people can shamelessly discredit the efforts of an enormous company like EA. having said that, im positive pes6 will be a better game purely because they have honestly created the near perfect football experience. if it aint broke why fix it. but dont count EA out in the future, they will take any measure they can to control the football market. football is nearly last sport they have yet to monopolize. they did it to madden(us football) , theyre gonna try to do it to FIFA.
-ill.95

studeep said:
Look mate i'm sorry to say this, not to be offensive or none of that but you sound more like a graphics whore than anything..

Really? Maybe you're reading to fast and skipped this part: "Of course gameplay is the most important thing, but great gameplay and great visuals are even better, dont you think?"

studeep said:
Firstly this is a football game not a first person shoot em' up, IMO gameplay is prime any other thing is optional if you ask me

Well, i already said that, don't know why you keep repeating the same thing...
But gameplay AND great graphics are even better :)
In a first person shoot em' up gameplay is more important than graphics too, why should graphics be more important in a FPS than in a football game?

studeep said:
secondly if you read my post 46 posts ago and you're not a rookie to the franchise in terms of how long you've been playing this game (both PES/WE)

Been playing since ISS on the PS1, not quite a rookie :)

studeep said:
then you should know and understand how konami/seabass opts to progress with this franchise including WE. TBH, PES6 is konami version of EA's Fifa RTWC, and its already looking way way better that thier WC06 effort

Well, its not looking any better than the launch title for xbox360 FIFA RTWC, even though they had 1 more year to do it. Actually, its looking worse.

studeep said:
wait till middle next year, if you cant then buy Fifa07 (or whatever its called, it might keep you busy for one hour) ;)

"or whatever its called", lol... now, its ok to know the name of the EA game, it wont make you a lesser PES/WE fan, lol

Back
Top Bottom