Chelsea Thread

Mourinho: 'Cech season is over'
By Football Italia staff

Jose Mourinho revealed “Petr Cech’s season is over and I don’t know about John Terry” after Chelsea’s draw with Atletico Madrid.

The first leg of the Champions League semi-final ended 0-0 at the Vicente Calderon, but the night was overshadowed by injuries.

Cech went off after 15 minutes with a dislocated shoulder, while Terry hurt his ankle in the second half in an accidental collision with teammate David Luiz.

“It will be difficult to do without our goalkeeper,” Mourinho told Sky Sport Italia.

“Cech’s season is over. He won’t play again this term, but I hope he can at least celebrate something with us.

“Terry? I don’t know his condition, but he is our captain. We had no other defenders on the bench, so losing him was also important.”

Mourinho explained his tactical decisions in this 0-0 draw, which many would refer to as ‘parking the bus.’

“It wasn’t the result I wanted before kick-off, but I didn’t want to start the second leg a goal down either. A goalless draw is not a positive result for a team playing the second leg at home, but it’ll do.

“Atletico were frustrated, whereas usually they are the ones who frustrate other teams. My side had a solid performance, we played in a way that irritated the Colchoneros.

“Atletico Madrid beat Milan and Barcelona here, while we were able to control the game.”

Mou was asked about Fernando Torres, who returned to face his former club.

“It was difficult for him, as we were playing without someone who could inspire him. I had told my players not to keep too much possession, but to move it wide.

“Atletico press really hard, so I told them to play wide. Torres played a game of great sacrifice.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

http://www.football-italia.net/48202/mourinho-cech-season-over

Cech's season is over. Such great news, we'll probably go ahead and play with U21s for the rest of the games, tha'd be fun.

I know you're being somewhat sarcastic, but it's about time Chelsea played their youth players. They stockpile all of that talent only to loan it out or to keep around as the occasional training dummy for their first team. Despite all the praise Mourinho receives for being an excellent manager -- and he is (even if I do not prefer the way in which his teams play) -- he does not have a great track record of introducing youth players into the first team. That is one of my main criticisms of him as a manager and why I think he would never succeed at a club that prioritizes its academy system. He is a two- to three-year project manager -- not a long-term solution.

He absolutely called into question the integrity of both Mike Dean and Mike Riley. He has to be banned. As does Ramires.

If this would happen every time a managerdoes that, Ferguson would have missend half of United matches...i've heard what Mourinho said and he was very ambivalent. IMO he shouldn't be banned.

Bloody hell, Liverpool getting all the luck this season. A 1000 penalties, dodgy ref decisions, no Mourinho, Chelsea injuries etc.

Its defo YOUR YEAR this time hahaha!

Happy for Liverpool though but I feel this is a fluke, a freak season. Wont see Liverpool win it again after this season for another decade.

I'm sorry, but considering the difference of how much money Chelsea and Atletico spend, this is pathetic:

A1PqtmH.jpg

But this is alright:

WwIS6tz.jpg

:D

Urgh Jose talking about conceding the title at Anfield and concentrating on the CL.
If he does rest a load of player I could see Liverpool wiping out our 1 slim chance of winning the title via GD (if they were to lose vs Palace and we win all our games)
Hopefully it's mind games but the FA should be doing more to help our teams in the CL

XIX Century Mou. This was the worst CL match I've ever seen thanks to Chelsea parking the bus and time wasting tactics. Yes, that is too little for a club with that kind of budget. The highlight was indeed their doctor. I'd be getting injured all the time :D

XIX Century Mou. This was the worst CL match I've ever seen thanks to Chelsea parking the bus and time wasting tactics. Yes, that is too little for a club with that kind of budget. The highlight was indeed their doctor. I'd be getting injured all the time :D

its the same guy isn't he ? it was just some months ago and he played a team like West Ham it wasn't a team with 10xtimes higher budget than his team , what a hypocrite.

btw had to share this with Big Sam too since I love his part as well :D
YouTube - Scathing Mourinho and smiling Sam

its the same guy isn't he ? it was just some months ago and he played a team like West Ham it wasn't a team with 10xtimes higher budget than his team , what a hypocrite.

btw had to share this with Big Sam too since I love his part as well :D
YouTube - Scathing Mourinho and smiling Sam

Haha! I was laughing so loud when I first saw it. I have new found respect for Sam Allardyce.

Today it was yet another proof of Mourinho's hypocrisy. Looking just at the scoreline, contratulations. Chelsea won fair and square.
But just don't go on saying rubbish such as 'this is not the Premier League, one of the best leagues, this is 19th century football, coming here to play 10 men behind the ball and wasting time and feigning injuries to send the medical team into the pitch', etc, etc etc.

It's amazing how everything Mourinho complains about in the video after the West Ham match describes his team to a tee today (and midweek vs Atletico).

Chelsea have taken 16/18 points against their fellow top 4 teams this year.

Suarez has played 7 matches against other top 4 clubs, and scored 0 goals.

If Chelsea could focus on the smaller matches, the league would have been over weeks ago.

The only match they didn't win against the top 4 was the 0-0 draw at the Emirates.

While this is impressive, the reason they lost to Palace, Villa, Sunderland, et al, wasn't down to lack of focus.

Like Bebo said, if Mourinho's Chelsea has to take initiative against their opponents, they look out of place. All they can do is lean on their reliable defense and counter-attack.
Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City are all attacking teams.

But when you get teams like WHU and Aston Villa, who are very physical and quite happy to park the bus themselves, Mourinho looks a bit lost. That's when he tastes his own venom, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom