Chelsea Thread

I have a feeling that this Lampard thing might get a little messy.

I don't know who for. I don't get the feeling the club are desperate to keep him, merely trying to force Inter into making a proper bid. None of this pussying about.

The general feeling among Chelsea fans is 'great if he stays, good luck at Inter if he goes'. But if he wants to go, he should come out and say it now, we don't want another transfer saga this summer - they're fucking boring! :tumble:

Well Inter did put in a official bid today and you rejected it, more money? Funny as a lot of people expected a big change at Chelsea and at the moment there hasnt been one at all! you bought a RB (which you needed anyway) and Deco but Lampard is still a Chelsea player and will probably start ahead of him. Well it was day 1 for Scolari and he'll start the change from now.

I just think that chelsea wants to send a message with this lampard deal.

It wants to say that no longer they will buy a player for 30M and then sell for 10 or even less or something like that.

Chelsea really need to start making money.

Rajkovic has gone on a one year loan to McClaren's FC Twente. Is he likely to get a chance with the first team in the future? I see the club wants to see how Mancienne does in pre-season, before deciding whether to send him out on loan.

Last edited:
Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has impressed his players by storming up the table of the club's darts league. The Brazilian has joined the players' arrows session and despite being a newcomer to the game is only behind England stars John Terry and Joe Cole in the league. (The Sun)

:LOL:

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has impressed his players by storming up the table of the club's darts league. The Brazilian has joined the players' arrows session and despite being a newcomer to the game is only behind England stars John Terry and Joe Cole in the league. (The Sun):LOL:

Source: The Sun ??? Translated to reality this should be:

Scolari is still on holiday.
Chelsea does not a have a darts board.
And John Terry and Joe Cole never play darts but are ace in PES.

BBC said:
Didier Drogba's agent claims he will sign a new Chelsea contract if the striker does not find another club in the next 10 days.
what! is up w/ that for a headline...I know the players nowadays have power but that takes the cherry :ACHOO:

Damn Chels brings kaka over it`s going to get a bit more interesting RM talks about paying large sum . While chels phones in and says where do you want the money deliver? cousin Benson needs your bank details

when your in oil money is there to throw away no returns he`s not a marketable brand but success will turn heads your way. Roman wants chels to be the best and biggest. Kaka going will change the way they play and football will be beautiful at the bridge ( like watching evolution evolving)Im a bit jealous now :-pp

Its not going to happen, The Ronaldo Saga finally came to a close yesterday , so they need a new headline.

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o says he has received offers from Chelsea, Tottenham and Inter Milan. (Corriere dello Sport, 1100 BST)

Chelsea are set to smash the world record transfer fee with a 150 million Euros (£119m) for AC Milan's Brazilian midfielder Kaka. (Gazzetta dello Sport, 1001 BST)

Eto, no chance... Kaka could still happen...

nope. PSG.

Eto'o is way more credible than Kaka. Which is a marketing brand, too, btw - think how ugly Ronaldinho is and what Barcelona/Milan got out of him. Kaka is not just a great player, but a great person. Not Beckham in image, but still a 'grand' one. Not only the prettiest sell, but the best too.
Nowadays... who'd they be? The Ballon d'Or winners - Ronaldinho, Kaka, C.Ronaldo.

Back... Eto'o wouldn't be a bad signing at all. When properly motivated, he's great. Actually, as with Deco and Ronnie, I as a Barca fan don't mind them leaving only because i'm thankful; they played so good and - Cruyff was right - the cycles must go on.

I'd like Drogba, though... ;;)

How do you guys see Chelsea's first XI linign up next year? I can't fathom how it's going to work, even without Kaka being added:
--------Cech-------
-Bots-RC-JT--A.Cole-
------Essien-------
-Cole-Ballack-Lampard-
-------Deco----------
-------Drogba--------

Bench: SWP, Anelka, Sheva, Obi Mikel, Alex, Cudicini, Kalou?

Thats a very Milan-like lineup - using the fullbacks as your width, and using possession football and short passing in the midfield. Very hard to breakdown.

How do you guys see Chelsea's first XI linign up next year? I can't fathom how it's going to work, even without Kaka being added:
--------Cech-------
-Bots-RC-JT--A.Cole-
------Essien-------
-Cole-Ballack-Lampard-
-------Deco----------
-------Drogba--------

Bench: SWP, Anelka, Sheva, Obi Mikel, Alex, Cudicini, Kalou?

Lol i use that formation in MIlan.
Btw who is Bots?

I personally see it slightly different, there still chasing Robinho but Kaka is as likely as Pele coming :))

------------Cech-------------
Boswinga-Carvalho-Terry--Cole
--------Essien-Deco---------
-------Ballack/Lampard-------
Cole-------------------Robinho?
--------Drogba/Anelka---------

I think Chelsea will be more adventurous this season, can see Deco and the one playing infront of him switching throughout the match. Quality team but we'll have to see. If im honest i expected more changes.

Thats a very Milan-like lineup - using the fullbacks as your width, and using possession football and short passing in the midfield. Very hard to breakdown.

Yeah, absolutely right. And Botsingwa and Ashley Cole provide some serious speed on the wings. The only concern I would have is Ballack/Lampard being disciplined and holding when they're being attacked, but I think FFL is pretty good at that despite his lack of pace.

Depressing, but I can't see them being troubled much by smaller teams with a setup like that. I mean, that's some very, very serious quality right there. (United fan's perspective :)

I personally see it slightly different, there still chasing Robinho but Kaka is as likely as Pele coming :))

------------Cech-------------
Boswinga-Carvalho-Terry--Cole
--------Essien-Deco---------
-------Ballack/Lampard-------
Cole-------------------Robinho?
--------Drogba/Anelka---------

I think Chelsea will be more adventurous this season, can see Deco and the one playing infront of him switching throughout the match. Quality team but we'll have to see. If im honest i expected more changes.

Exchange Ballack for Deco.

Chelsea confirmed their interest for Robinho.
I wonder what the price tag on him. 40 M€, since it's for chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom