Champions League 2012/13

How many times have Bayern reached the final of the Champions League?? and how many times did they finish as runner-ups?

I do feel sorry for them, and unless they win in the final, i'd sometimes rather they get knocked out here instead...But with that said, this side does seem to be able to take it all the way, and both Real and Dortmund don't seem to be able to stop them

Generally Bayern (and german teams including NT) aren't good finalists, so I still believe if Real Madrid make it to the final, it'll be la Decima, but football isn't mathematics .. everything can happen.

I would bet all my money on Bayern for CL victory. Only three defeats in all competitions so far - absolutely incredible. Though it's obvious, that Real now is much better than half a year ago, I think they won't be strong enough to beat Bayern this time. The performance they show in this season is unbelievable. And I think Real would fear "La Bestia Negra" once again ;)

But nevertheless, there are three matches left which have to be played, before talking about the finale. Even Bayern is not through so far, though their chances will be about 90%. Especially in Camp Nou strange things can happen, and Bayern should know this best - remember 1999... ;)

If Bayern do turn out to be Europe's next dominant force, we'll look back at this match as the major turning point in their stature as a side.

we shouldnt count out Barcelona just because of this....they only have 11(13) top class players who played like :SHOCK: in the past 7 months, this lacking in quality of their play around spring/summer always happened to Barcelona recently because smiply 11 players cant play for 8-9 months in top form...at least not against serious oppponents

So,why Bayern need Guardiola? :THINK:

to be once more for 2-3 years the most overhyped/overrated managers today with managing a team that is already a word class in every aspect

Last edited:
Loosing Schweini would really hurt Bayern he was the best player yesterday, his partnership with Martínez proved to be really effective.

Loosing Schweini would really hurt Bayern he was the best player yesterday, his partnership with Martínez proved to be really effective.

This reminds me of something.
Javi Martinez was heavily critcised after the second leg against Arsenal. IMO he played very well yesterday. He will become one of the best players in Europe in a couple of years.

to be once more for 2-3 years the most overhyped/overrated managers today with managing a team that is already a word class in every aspect

You're talking about Mourinho right? :P

PS: I assure you when Pep took the Barça job the team was in a state similar to yesterday at the Allianz. Barcelona had been 2 years without a single title and finishing almost 20 points from Madrid in La Liga. And Pep did a great job. I don't understand why some people insist on diminishing his utmost importance in building one of the best teams ever. Of course he didn't start from scratch and there was Messi there, but it was him who turned Messi on the player he is today. Just to be fair with him.

Last edited:
Alex: it's not that he's not a great manger he is, but he did benefit from Rijkaard work even if the team was falling out, there was some good pillars in there, and him choosing Bayern point out how smart he is, he could've gone to City where he had all the means necessary to build a world-class team, but he chose a team that has a great chemistry already and one of europe's best youth system. Also Bayern priorities are no longer local since they win trophies there almost yearly, Bayern's ambition is to be global just like Barça and Real Madrid and with Pep's fame they'll surely be more exposed than they're already.

Alex: it's not that he's not a great manger he is, but he did benefit from Rijkaard work even if the team was falling out, there was some good pillars in there, and him choosing Bayern point out how smart he is, he could've gone to City where he had all the means necessary to build a world-class team, but he chose a team that has a great chemistry already and one of europe's best youth system. Also Bayern priorities are no longer local since they win trophies there almost yearly, Bayern's ambition is to be global just like Barça and Real Madrid and with Pep's fame they'll surely be more exposed than they're already.

Sounds to me like the best move for him, then. :)

Fame is not enough to be global . Barça had a good core , but they had some looney nutters too.Ronaldinho supposedly sexing Rijkaard daughter , then loose cannon Eto . The pot was exploding steam and the solution was get those contaminated out. Deco was excellent player , but the solution was the academy to move in and they needed to get back those players that left too . Piqué n later Cesc...

And don't forget Pep was the one who "discovered" people like Busquets, and Pedro and he was the one who decided to sign Alves and Keita. And probably Alves is the best signing we've done in the last 10 years.

And before Pep, Iniesta had never been a starter for more than two consecutive matches, even with Rijkaard.

But yes, Pep chose Bayern because is the club with the brightest short-term future. Pep is smart, indeed, as Mourinho and Ancelotti.

I think Pep wants Arsenal... No pressure ,he lived in NY similar to London life style. At Arsenal he could have the same amount of power Wenger has. A dream job and a lovely city to raise his family.

if bayern win CL than Pep gonna look like dick there , what more he can win with a team who won bundesliga and CL ? he'll have a lot of presure on his sholders , when he sign for bayern BVB was champons of germany and bayern used to fail in CL final , but if they win both of them now , they want CL again and if he fail to win it he would look really bad !

looking forward for tonights match , hope BVB gonna win it and hope they would be as good as Bayern last night and beat real madrid by at last 2 goals up , but all this gotze story I think bring some bad atmosphere to the team , I wonder if he gonna play tonight !??? I would say 1-0 for BVB hope they win this one and if they do I think they will make it to final !

Madrid need to batten down the hatches, and survive this early onslaught.

Cracking goal from Dortmund, should have scored just before that too.

Some of their football is stunning.

Wow. Go on referee. Again. Definitely a pen as Varane catches Reus from behind.

Then up the other end and score.

There could be a highlight reel of wrong decisions so far by the refs that have had very very real implications to this year's CL.

Wow. Go on referee. Again. Definitely a pen as Varane catches Reus from behind.

Then up the other end and score.

There could be a highlight reel of wrong decisions so far by the refs that have had very very real implications to this year's CL.

that wasnt a penalty... reus steps in the heel of varanes foot.

I disagree, thought Varane stepped into Reus' path - the Dortmund player was ahead of Varane.

It's very slight, but it's the reason Reus went down. You can't just cut across a player's legs from behind, even if you're going for the ball.

Enjoyable game. Ronaldo a joy to watch.

Not sure it was a pen, bit of a Pires-esque kick the defender look about it (not on purpose tho). Ref's had a good game despite the boos.

Last edited:
No, I have to agree with some of you here even if I want a German final, but this wasn't a clear penalty. Real could not have been angry if there had been a penalty, but it is not wrong to give no penalty. I think the ref did the right thing here.

Yeah, having seen the replay, not as clear as the first shot I saw. I think Varane slipping made it look worse.

Still, I do think it was a penalty. Would love to know what the man behind the goal said.

Agree with the Fox commentators, who are saying it was a pen (soft) and the ref will watch it halftime, and might make some 'make up calls' in teh second half. Guess we'll see.

Lewandowski and Ronaldo just can't stop scoring !

good job Bayern for taking Lewandowski, they always pick the best of Bundesliga ..

Back
Top Bottom