Call of Duty 2

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
Due fiscal year 2006, which I think ranges from April 2005 - April 2006. First images:

I still play the original with it's addon, United Offensive, every day, this game is going to be the bollocks.

Call of dutys where always good, but always where kida the same as MEDEL OF HONER.
But call of Duty is a amazing game.

juventus11 said:
Call of dutys where always good, but always where kida the same as MEDEL OF HONER.
But call of Duty is a amazing game.
Agree with you.

That 3rd pic looks almost real! Some pics remind me of Black Hawk Down.

The original was class, i hope this one has more team-commands or tactical options. Would be fun if it had more strategy behind it.

aye the games on the pc are pure class
the first one at the start when the nazis opened fire at u with the mgs
i nearly jumped out my seat then!
great sound effects

Looks great, ive loved the game in the past. I wish they would extend the size of the multiplayer games though. Seems tiny compared to the 64 of BF2.

New screens:

The graphical detail looks great. There is also an article on the game itself but not a peep about multiplayer, unfortunately. I feel sorry for those who have to get it for the new XBox rather than than PC, read this:

To compensate for the slower targeting of an analog stick the game implements a slight lock-on feature when players look down the barrel of their gun. The targeting reticule moves towards an enemy if its relatively close when the trigger is pulled. This makes zooming incredibly useful and encourages players to move between cover points.

This is why console FPS' will never reach the level on the PC, auto-aiming FFS.

Alright lad, we know you dont like console FPS, but enough already.... some of us dont have high end PC's to run the likes of Battlefield or dear knows what spec will be needed to run Call of Duty II. I'll be getting CoD II for the XB360 because I dont have a PC capable of running it, also I've never really played a PC FPS since Quake and Duke Nukem 3D, and I can live with pad set up, I know people go on about it's quicker to aim with the mouse and use a keyboard etc, but really for me that seems as awkward as a pad is to you.

I dare say if anyone has ever paintballed etc, sure you may be able to spin round, but really your just scanning a horizon, and frankly to spin, aim and shoot as quick as a mouse and keyboard can seems to me to be a totally unnatural speed anyhow.

I'll be getting it for the 360 and I hope it's a solid game, but no more ah FFS about console FPS, some of us actually do enjoy them, the likes of Rainbow Six and the Ghost Recon games have been great fun on Live.

CoD 2 will run on any PC capable of running CoD, apparently, so the high-spec PC argument doesn't come into it.

And I'll have a moan about it if I want, it's about time they let people aim instead of doing it for them! And this isn't a console thread, it's just about CoD2, so there's nothing wrong with looking at the pros and cons of each version.

ClassicD said:
CoD 2 will run on any PC capable of running CoD, apparently, so the high-spec PC argument doesn't come into it.
Will run, yeah. BF2 will run on a two year old PC as well, but does it look any good? Hell no.

I'm not into console FPS either, but also I'm not a huge enough fan to spend another 400€ on eg. a new graphics card to make COD2 look like the 360 version.

ClassicD said:
And this isn't a console thread, it's just about CoD2, so there's nothing wrong with looking at the pros and cons of each version.

I never said it was a console thread, I was just explaining the factor that some people dont have PC's with the graphics card, sound card, accelerator card or whatever else ya need to make a PC FPS look like it should.

Hence why I'll go for the 360 version, I mean I wont have to worry about installing parts or making sure I have Pentium etc to run the thing, I'll buy the game and put it in the console and play. ;)

Holio said:
Hence why I'll go for the 360 version, I mean I wont have to worry about installing parts or making sure I have Pentium etc to run the thing, I'll buy the game and put it in the console and play. ;)

That is exactly the same reason for me too, I can't be bothered to keep a PC specced enough to play the latest games. I'm a console man through and through. I'm also a total donkey when it comes to the keyboard/mouse combo :)

For the amount it'll cost to buy a 360, you could get a graphics card for the PC that will probably run it better in the first place. The main issue with PC gaming is your video card, your machine doesn't need to be super-high spec to have great looking games.

I know some people prefer gaming on consoles, and I would too, FPS' included, if I had the same degree of control. It's frustrating for me personally that so many of the Live games are FPS', and that trend will probably continue on 360. That's all I'm saying.

It's not like in real life people point and click on there targets though is it?

I think using the analog stick is a bit more realistic, though really I don't really play any FPS.

:lol:

No, in real life people use an analogue stick on top of their napper to change the direction they're facing...

Not a good idea to turn this into a mouse&KB vs pad debate, we've had that before and while a lot depends on what you're used to playing with, the bottom line is the features in console FPS' which 'help' aiming, are also in PC shooters - they're called aimbots and get you banned!

Just played through it there, very surprised to find it on the web this morning as it was right out of the blue. The timing is pretty 'tactical' I suppose, 'Day Of Defeat: Source' was released last night at 11pm ;).

The demo didn't blow me away like the original CoD demo did but it's still good. I'm not caring about the single-player too much but it's all we've got to go on and I doubt we'll get a MP demo.

I like the way you shoot the germans and they struggle back for their weapons, you put another round into their gut as they crawl along the ground in desperation.

It's deffo gonna need a realism mod too , it's like CoD was in that the damage isn't high enough. Not sure about the grenades at all, smoke or frag, doesn't appear to be any way to cook them as they're binded to a throw button and they aren't actually a 'selectable weapon' this time round. No sprint either, which is weird, but I think I prefer that tbh.

Looking good, but I'd like some bloomin multiplayer details!

Ive just played it.
Very impressive. One thing thats slightly annoying is the requirements to run the game.
Ive got an AMD 64 3800 and a GF6800Gt and at max settings on 1280x1024 i was trundling around at 15-20fps!

Question is how does the xbox360 version compare graphically to the pc version running at max settings at 1280x1024?
If its similar I think I will go for the Xbox360 version since its locked at 60fps.

Dunno where you read 360 is locked at 60fps, check the latest movies and it's clearly not near that level (but then it appears console FPS fans aren't too bothered about this compared to PC fans (Halo is a prime example)).

I have an AMD64 3200+ and the same card as yourself, and 1.5GB ram. You've got the resolution set too high, this is a next-gen game and you're not going to get high frame-rates unless you've got a next-gen machine, which despite not being 'old', your 6800GT isn't. The 360 won't even run this at 60fps. If I run it at 800x600 and turn the AA, etc on, it runs much smoother and still looks more than nice enough, plus the final version will be more refined as well as having the option to use high detail, not available in the demo.

It was an interview on Eurogamer

"Eurogamer: So how on earth do you go about meeting that challenge, especially with the pressure of being a launch title?

Grant Collier: At IW, we try to tackle the riskiest, most difficult things first. We allocate a certain amount f time in the beginning, and that's when we start beating on that shit, and if it's not working at the end of that time, then we know we're just not going to deal with it and move on. But when we do get it working, we have the entire development period to tweak it and make it better. And the multi-threading stuff, now we have it working, we're running at 60fps on the 360, which is very nice."

Oo just found an article on ign about COD2

heres a bit that interests me anyway

"The Xbox 360 version shares several similarities with the PC version. Both are filled with well-animated soldiers, ornamented with highly detailed environments, and they all moved at crisp framerates. The 360 game held at a constant 60 fps, and the PC, at least right now, runs at 30 FPS. The Xbox 360 appeared to show a slight advantage over the PC with a little more detail and slightly longer draw-distances, but the differences weren't drastic or that easy to see. Like we did, you'd have to stare at them side-by-side and critically compare."

Right then Im off to pre-order Cod2 for launch day.

Hey, if it does turn out that way then marvellous, but I've learned in the past what is said before release in the press isn't always what goes onto the shelf. The most recent movies I've seen are definitely not locked at 60fps, and they were out last week, check gametrailers.com and check yourself.

Perhaps a little anal here, but "we're running at 60fps on the 360" does not mean it's locked at that framerate.

Edit - just saw your second post. Cool then. :)

Check out the trailers out on Ign yesterday.
Theres a good one that is the same map as the pc demo.
Just looking at it in a tiny box on my pc I am happy that the graphics look as good as the pc version and it seems to me to be running nice and smooth.

Right.. just gotta figure out which hd plasma to get now :)

i think the gametrailers videos are from the pc version, as the on screen commands and keyboard buttons.

Back
Top Bottom