Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

You tell me. No idea how it could go THIS bad. Just one more or less unlucky defeat after another and (seemingly) no players with the mental strength to shoulder the burden , currently. And they still have to play Gladbach, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim. I'd be surprised should Dortmund gather much more than twenty points until the winter-break. They'll need one hell of a second half of the season to make it to the CL--if that's even considered a goal anymore.

I really doubt that Dortmund will get under top 4 by the end of this season.
Too much points lost already and this season Gladbach and Wolfsburg perform great in Buli plus some more teams like Hoffenheim, Leverkusen and Schalke getting more and more points.

I really doubt that Dortmund will get under top 4 by the end of this season.
Too much points lost already and this season Gladbach and Wolfsburg perform great in Buli plus some more teams like Hoffenheim, Leverkusen and Schalke getting more and more points.

What will be the ramifications to Dortmund as a squad? Reus is Munich bound no doubt.

Their officials say that, by now, they are doing very well financially and a year without international football would not impact them at all. They aren't operating at costs that absolutely warrant CL-football each and every year.
Hopefully that's true.

Very good. He's one of the stand-out performers of the Buli this year and Wolfsburg's best player by far. He's got the most assist in the league so far and has been scoring some crucial goals lately.

Gustavo, Rodriguez and him are the cornerstone of Wolfsburg's game, when one of them is missing the team usually struggles. Basically because their left flank is where the danger comes from the most.

Last edited:
I think it's also got a bit to do with the media making some ground for his ballon d'or contention. and they do also love to overrate players who's had success in world cups due to the tournament's popularity. remember, he actually won the CL not so long ago. and compare the number of articles about his 'sudden' brilliance the pundits realized this summer and then the previous summer.

personally I rate Neuer very highly, he's top 3 I've watched with Buffon & Cech (not a big fan of Kahn/Iker) but the media overrate him too much these days thanks(!) to that outfield stuff amineken just mentioned.

Manuel Neuer plays since years on a really high level - already at Schalke he showed outstanding performances. He was straight on his way to the top and he nearly had no significant sreak of weak performances in his carreer. Sometimes his modern way of playing goalkeeper and sweeper combined lead to goals against his temas, but this happened only few times - this is the risk of his play.
In the last years he became much better in controlling the box.
Besides this he is a very skilled player on the pitch. He often shows that he can stop, controll and also play accurate passes with both feet !!!

Here just a nice vid from last match:

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/80BE...p4?versionId=YDC9ycLBKUSi_.aTVLwaJkB2gMkaa4fd

He wouldn't get away with it for a team not in the top 1 or 2 in the world. It's all a bit gimmicky for me. Huge risk for little reward and one that would get punished time and time again if he played for any of the other 99.9% of teams

But it happens that he plays for one of the best teams in the world, so does it because he knows he can get away with it. It's rather spectacular to see and football is a spectacle...

Junior Malanda of VfL Wolfsburg died today in a car accident :(

malandasw-1420911933_zoom22_crop_800x600_800x600+152+24.jpg

RIP

Just read about that too.
He had a bright future ahead of him. His entire life, really. May his family and friends stay strong in these dire times. He'll be remembered by many.

There is a lot to say about the accident.
Here in Belgium it has become a litle bit of an issue.
The speed of the car at the time of the accident (in very heavy rain) was 250 km/h. Junior Mananda was sleeping in the back without seat belt.
The guy who was driving the car apparently hadn't the appropriate driver's license. He is an Anderlecht youth player who often moonlights as driver for Mananda. In less than a year Mananda has had 21 speed tickets... (supposedly all by other drivers driving with his car, that is at least what was all over the press over here in Belgium).

Such a waste...

I have a question for our German friends.
How is De Bruyne perceived as a player in Germany ?
Recently i saw two (English) lists of the 100 best players and he wasn't even included in that lists. Kompany, Hazard, Nainggolan and Courtois where included.In Belgium most people think he is our best player (Courtois excluded, but he is a GK). I understand that English media will not include him because he "failed" at Chelsea...i wonder how people in Germany think about him...

look no further to Mou`s Chelsea SCHURRLE! he constant delivers and still gets over look.I know flair shines , but consistency wins me over every time.

look no further to Mou`s Chelsea SCHURRLE! he constant delivers and still gets over look.I know flair shines , but consistency wins me over every time.

I haven't been here for a while but let me remind you that l still love you and I always will beboquintero :)

Back
Top Bottom