BIG Decision to make, Need Help

What should i get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest 360 is aimed towards more gamers and PS3 is towards the casual game/movie fan.

They both play games, they both look good. If your a film buff buy a ps3, if not, get an xbox.

The sentence of a typical 360 fan mate.

It's a massive difference between DVD and BR, watch it on a 1080p screen, and you'll definitely see it.
Whatever, I suppose i'm not the sort of person notices/cares too much about picture quality and graphical differences (the reason I always preferred PES over FIFA until recently). You're just seeing the same picture as on a DVD anyway, just with more pixels, and when watching a movie then the storyline should have your attention anyway, just as the gameplay in a game should when playing a game (of course it's nice to have good picture quality, but the difference between blu-ray and HD-DVD isn't like that between SD and HD

So from what I have seen of blu-ray movies (one or two) and PS3 blu-ray games, they have not stood out as something i'd be willing to pay a lot of money for.

You also get piece of mind that your console isn't gonna RRoD every five minutes (granted PS3's have reliability problems as well)
You said my comment was one of a typical 360 fan, well that one from you is a typical PS3 fan comment.

One of my mates got a PS3 around the same time I got my 360, and I have had no problems whatsoever with mine, and my mate with his PS3 had to send it back a few weeks ago because it stopped reading discs. He doesn't use the PS3 half as much as I use my 360, the room his PS3 is in is cooler than the room my 360 is in etc.

The new chipsets in the 360 seem almost as reliable as the PS3 now, it's not really a great point to use any more (it was previously though).

Free online (if you or anyone else is gonna reply 'its not a patch on Xbox Live' then BOLLOCKS, its an online gaming service, you play games online, thats it, and you can do it exactly the same on both consoles, theres no difference)
There are differences - Xbox Live is generally more reliable, it's integrated better into some games (e.g. on FIFA if you want to play someone you know I think you have to go to the lobbies and look for them, instead of just inviting them to a game), messages can be sent/read while in game (may be in a PS3 update, not sure) and other things that have been posted...

Wifi so that you dont have to shell out for an adapter (should he need it of course)
I agree that it should be included.

A pretty much unlimited choice of upgradeable hard drives, seen as you can slot any laptop harddrive (pretty much) into it.
I have an Elite and 120gb is way more than enough, i'll probably never fill it, and as Placebo mentioned before, it's not that difficult to buy a third-party hard drive and clone it to be a 120gb Xbox compatible one

Oh and you dont have to shell out for Microsoft branded accessories that cost a shitload for what they are.
You don't have to buy the accessories, they are optional, and the only accessory i've had to buy is a thing to charge the controller while playing which I have got my money's worth back from in money saved on buying batteries.

Also, you don't get a headset with the PS3, and most people can't be arsed to buy one so the online experience isn't as good.

Plus it has all the multiplatform games the 360 has, which lets face it, most people buy, they don't usually buy things solely on the exclusives, no matter what you guys say. Sure some games are inferior on the PS3, but nearly every game was inferior on the PS2 vs the original Xbox, and look what happened there...
So if people don't buy consoles solely on exclusives (which are pretty crap on both consoles imo), and a lot of multiplatform games don't perform as well on it, then how can it be a better game console than the 360? :THINK:

What did happen with the original Xbox v PS2? I know that everyone used to bum the PS2 a few years ago at school, but I always played games on PC anyway and didn't own either console. Now console gaming has took over with superior titles though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever, I suppose i'm not the sort of person notices/cares too much about picture quality and graphical differences (the reason I always preferred PES over FIFA until recently). You're just seeing the same picture as on a DVD anyway, just with more pixels, and when watching a movie then the storyline should have your attention anyway, just as the gameplay in a game should when playing a game (of course it's nice to have good picture quality, but the difference between blu-ray and HD-DVD isn't like that between SD and HD

Didn't you just list graphics as a plus point for the 360? Yet it's something you don't care about?

(e.g. on FIFA if you want to play someone you know I think you have to go to the lobbies and look for them, instead of just inviting them to a game), messages can be sent/read while in game (may be in a PS3 update, not sure) and other things that have been posted...

On Fifa PS3 you play a friend by creating a game and then sending them an invite - they just open their in game messages and accept it and they're in. And you can send messages through the XMB on all PS3 games and have been able to for months now.

I was wondering how long this would take to turn into a console war thread, well done everyone...

Didn't you just list graphics as a plus point for the 360? Yet it's something you don't care about?
I know, I thought someone would point that out. I was being very picky and pointing out everything i've noticed. Personally the slight difference in graphics wouldn't bother me at all or be a factor in deciding what console to buy, for others it might be so I said it.

On Fifa PS3 you play a friend by creating a game and then sending them an invite - they just open their in game messages and accept it and they're in. And you can send messages through the XMB on all PS3 games and have been able to for months now.
That must have been on FIFA 08 then, I certainly remember people saying that they had to find each other in lobbies, and being able to send messages in-game must have been added in an update.

I was wondering how long this would take to turn into a console war thread, well done everyone...
Nah, it's not a console war, people are being fairly mature about it. A usual console war on forums consists of "xbox sux lolol shit console" "na m8 ps3 sux" etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah fifa 08 was terrible -you had to basically arrange where you were going to be before loading the disc through PM's or chat and then load up the game enter a lobby and then find each other and set up a private room with a password to guarantee a game with each other.

It's all much easier now with access to the XMB - although this years fifa lets you send game invites through the in game messages so you can accept them and be taken into the lobby/team select screen.

It's still a big step behind the 360's style of joining friends where you just open your friends blade menu and highlight them and press a button to join them.

-

Definitely pick up a 360 and spend the extra cash on games unless you REALLY care about blu ray and the thought of the console red lighting really puts you off.

Last edited:
The truth is that we all have a console we prefer and there is no right or wrong answer as to which will suit the guy who started this thread, it all depends what he wants

H πιο μεγαλη μαλακια που μπορεις να κανεις ειναι να παρεις Xbox.

Couldn't agree more:CONFUSE:

Thanks for the input guys. I think i am going to go for a.......

PS3

Interesting choice.

I'd choose 360 now that I think about it. As a gamer, it's got a far bigger library while being quite a bit cheaper to buy the console as well.

PS3 has many advantages and it's starting to come into it's own a lot more these days but it's still far to expensive when there's a decision between the consoles to be made.

I would close this thread as it has turned into abit of flame war, but whatever, I cant be arsed, fight away lads, like anyone really gives a fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom