Votes: 9 8.3%
  • WE9LE

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

PES4eva

[Best 7] [Cantona 7] [Beckham 7] [Ronaldo 7]
1 June 2023
There has been a post recently asking which is the best PES or FIFA game but since it won’t let anyone vote for the classic PES games I thought it was a misrepresentation of what is actually the best. So I’ve made this poll to find out.
If there’s a game I’ve not added that deserves a mention and you think would genuinely affect the the poll please feel free to do so but there is limited poll spaces. If a game isn’t getting votes, over time I’ll remove it and replace with suggestions.

Hey man! This was a really really tough choice.

My favorite game of all time is PES 2017. I've had the most fun with it and the most enjoyable Master Leagues out of all football games!

But I voted for PES 6. Why? Because of all the insane customization and literally hundreds of patches available. PES 2017 remains the most fun I've ever had playing a career, but PES 6 edges it because of how much it's been patched (so many installers, the superstar level mod, you name it), the ease of editing, the classic and timeless gameplay, and the constant and neverending support from the community!

Wish I could vote for two games, but for now, PES 6 it is for me. :TU:

EDIT: Voted for both PES 6 and PES 2017!

Last edited:
@MartanCJ I completely forgot that one. You’re right I should add it. It’s at the bottom of the list because I can’t reorder them

@millossobek Samesies! 😂
Edit: Multiple votes added

@Juventino32 I don’t think it would affect the vote overall but I’ll add it if enough people want it included.

My favorite game of all time is PES 2017. I've had the most fun with it and the most enjoyable Master Leagues out of all football games!

But I voted for PES 6. Why? Because of all the insane customization and literally hundreds of patches available. PES 2017 remains the most fun I've ever had playing a career, but PES 6 edges it because of how much it's been patched (so many installers, the superstar level mod, you name it), the ease of editing, the classic and timeless gameplay, and the constant and neverending support from the community!

What's the best patch combination for PES 2017 you would recommend? I checked PES 2017 section here but seems a little bit of mess.

@MartanCJ I completely forgot that one. You’re right I should add it. It’s at the bottom of the list because I can’t reorder them

@millossobek Samesies! 😂
Edit: Multiple votes added

@Juventino32 I don’t think it would affect the vote overall but I’ll add it if enough people want it included.

Just maybe mention PES 2008 / WE 2008, but indeed, it will not change anything I think. No need to split. ;-)

I wouldn't pick it, but I like that someone voted for PES2, I think is is an exceptional game, like PES1 but MUCH better and very different to all PES games after it.
I preferred PES and PES 2 on the PS1 over the PS2 version of PES 2.

Tough choice. Really, really tough.

I think that FIFA gained an edge on PES at the beginning of the PS3 era and in that period many great games got released.
Should I choose a category, though, I think it's Ignite-based games for PS4/Xbox One (FIFA 14 and 16, not a big fan of 15).
If it were a single game, I'd say FIFA 14 at the moment.

Unfortunately I can't really say it's a final choice because I often jump from a game to another (see FIFA 19 for example, which I'm currently playing more than FIFA 16) and I haven't found the "perfect" game yet. There are also some PES games (like PES 2017 for PS4) that shine in a particular fashion and that deserve some love, of course.

I think that FIFA gained an edge on PES at the beginning of the PS3 era and in that period many great games got released.
Should I choose a category, though, I think it's Ignite-based games for PS4/Xbox One (FIFA 14 and 16, not a big fan of 15).
If it were a single game, I'd say FIFA 14 at the moment.

Unfortunately I can't really say it's a final choice because I often jump from a game to another (see FIFA 19 for example, which I'm currently playing more than FIFA 16) and I haven't found the "perfect" game yet. There are also some PES games (like PES 2017 for PS4) that shine in a particular fashion and that deserve some love, of course.
Do you prefer FIFA games over PES games? I always they thought they lacked something. Not sure what. Soul maybe? Lol

, niceShould I choose a category, though, I think it's Ignite-based games for PS4/Xbox earOne (FIFA 14 and 16, not a big fan of 15).
If it were a single game, I'd say FIFA 14 at the
TUnfortunately I can't really say it's a final choices because I often jump from a game to nanother (see FIFA 19 for example, which I'm currently playing more than FIFA 16) and I v whaven't found the "perfect" game yet. There of are also some PES games (like PES 2017 for PS4) that shine in a particular fashion and that deserve some love, of course.
Another 14 advocate, nice!

Agreed, I think thats the key. Play many of the classics, as each is unique and will give you different feelings. Some games excel at AI, some shooting, PES10 had great passing. Even something like PS1 ISS still more than holds up.

I like PES2 alot and play it cos I think it has the best art style of any football game.

Last edited:
I would say that FIFA 07, 11, 14 and 16 are the most well-loved installments, at least here on evoweb.. (although FIFA 19 has been gaining quite a bit lately as well), so perhaps these could be added to the poll (if there's space, lol).

A note about PES 2017: the console versions had more updated graphics than PC (PES 2018 on PC and onwards were the same as console), but there's something about the PC version, perhaps how well it's been modded and all the add-ons and gameplay mods, that makes it special for me. :)

If I should pick just one football game as the greatest it should be definitely PES 5, though I'll struggle between PES 5 & PES 6 because I love them both... PES 5 has that refined slower paced and tactical gameplay, where PES 6 is a more fast paced but also a pleasant gamey version of PES 5 with a bigger modding community (hundreds and hundreds of different themed patches that expands through the entire football history).

In the second row of footbal games, in my opinion just for the offline experience alone, stands PES between 10/11/12/13 for its quantity in offline modes and the greatest ML/BAL ever created, in-game unlockables, the best UI presentation, cool intros, still solid AI (especially in BAL or ML), plus adding some patches into the mix could be some nice solid picks to role-play offline.

Now, as modern versions I like just few of them. I think the struggle could be mostly between FIFA 16 and PES 17 that are the best modern football games. I like a lot the variety in gameplay in both, there is some risk/reward involved, and overall a great way to experience the modern football. Just after them stands PES 2021, that moded could be the best actual solution for football lovers in terms of stunning visuals, presentation, great ball physics and a nice variety between teams and modes to pick. Also as a plus regarding PES 2021, being the last PES the modding is flourishing and growing bigger day by day...

It’s very close between PES 5 & 6 for the most voted. Probably as expected, although there are a few games hot on their heels. Time will tell

My favorite is still Pes5. I find it better even than we9le, where in my opinion there is a lil better ball physics but a quite worst A.i. ...and i know this is unpopular, but i find we9le a.i less varied on attacking and less hard at defending.

I put fifa 16 as second, We10 as third.

Others games i love are: pes2008 PS2, fifa 10, fifa 11, and lately fifa19..i kinda like pes2020 too.

I would like try again We9, Japan version,but my iso doesn't start anymore..i Remember headers was kinda overpower so i liked less than Pes5 and we9le..
I would like try we8le , but I can't start any ISO,and even if i recovered a original Copy at a very good price,i don't have a NTSC PS2..

i voted for PES 21, but my all time favorites is FIFA World Cup 2010. I loved the little radio show between games and it was one of my first soccer games.
That was a great game as was Euro 2008 game.

Ive voted PES 21 but im looking at it from a modded perpective not vanilla - nothing really comes close to it with the right mods

EDIT: Voted for both PES 6 and PES 2017!
Im still playing PES2017, Still has that " one more game factor" and still

I’m surprised PES 2013 hasn’t gotten more love. It’s considered a solid title.

I'm actually quite surprised at this as well, it's a very popular title, both here in evoweb, and also in South America as a whole it has a lot of support!
The PES 2013 guys must not have seen the post and are distracted by the Euros lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom