Arsenal Thread

Wenger blaming fans and pundits and using it as excuse? Tell me where to find this? Cause I really haven't seen it.

Anyway, congratulations to Leicester. A hope for football at last. Arsenal didn't really deserve it.

Since Carling Cup Final in 2011 I want, that Wenger leave club. Maybe, my dream will come after next season...

I think, even with this squad, manager like Mourinho will fight for the title until last second of the season.

Welbeck is out for 9 months :SHOCK:

Danny Welbeck's league games:
2010 - 26
2011 - 23
2012 - 30
2013 - 26
2014 - 32
(Move to Arsenal in 08/2014)
2015 - 9
2016 - 11
2017 - ?

Think you need new medical staff / training regime / something?

Last edited:
I think it's a known fact you don't go to Arsenal and expect to stay fit for a long time. (though we're probably not a lot better in that department)

this result must hurt the Wenger out fans....

he just finished second in PL, maybe next year he will do it..

no realy owners of arsenal will not let Wenger go and he won´t resign..

As I said, this season was a miracle designed to make Wenger win the premier league again, but Arsenal blew it and it was Leicester who seized it, so fair play to them and congratulations!

Well... It was a disappointing season without any trophies.
Other than that, I want to wish my fellow Gunners a Happy St. Totteringham's Day. It Came late this year - and I can't believe the circumstances that brought it about - but it really does seem to come every year :LOL:

Congratulations with the magnificent second place. A great result for a team that once again overachieved.
A very ambitieus club too, a couple of years ago 4th place was considered a trophy, now the ambities are even higher, finishing above Spurs is considered a trophy worth. So here is a really big club who thinks global.

But let's be honest, Arsenal fully deserved finishing above Spurs. Throughout the season they played the better football, Arsenal fans enjoyed their season much more than Spurs. After all Spurs were supposed to win the league, whereas Arsenal fans only tought about 5th or 6th place. Arsenal rand will also hope that their manager will sign a new 5 year contract despite the fact that other big clubs like United are keen to sign him.

Enjoy this great day in your clubs's history.

But, hey, Spurs have a very good excuse: we are building a new stadium.

I'm sorry for the sarcastic post above this, but despite Arsenal finishing above Spurs, imo Spurs showed more ambition. Once they lost to Chelsea they were sure of CL football and sure that they couldn't win the title...from then on they couldn't be arsed...most Spurs fans will be enraged that the players never played to finish above Arsenal, but they wanted to win the league and once that was impossible, finishing above Arsenal was not an incentive for them...

Despite the embarassing (very embarassing) loss against Newcastle, i think that is a good mentality. What does it mena to finish above Arsenal if you just missed out on the title for the first time in 55 years.

And be honest wich set of supporters will be most satisfied of their season? That is a no brainer...

Bragging about finishing above Spurs is like whistling in the dark when being terrified...

I really hope Arsenal play better football next season because imo they have been themost attractive team over the length of years during the EPL era...but the current crop is very ordinary.

Arsenal had their problems and knowing Welbzk was on a lengthy spell in the summer. Wenger didn't bring a replacement w/ Cazorla getting injured too the creative threat came one dimensional through Ozil. Arsenal looked good at one point during the fall. While Spurs looked average at the start if my memory serves correctly . Although they build momentum and improve to challenge the title. I do remember going 10men down (Arsenal vs Spurs ) and they should of buried Arsenal instead Arsenal came back n looked to nick it w/ Ramsey but it ended 2-2 (that day prove Spurs had mental issues). Does Arsenal really derserve 2nd spot and continue its annual ST. Totteringham Day ? I think so any time your cruise control stops and you take your foot off the pedal. They allow their rivals to surpass them. Arsenal has been woeful to watch at times and the lack of belief was so present. What does that say for the rest under 71pts. I'm not excited for Arsenal tbh . I think they become average under Wenger I do think Wenger has enough To bring us 3rd-4th and that's why I'm not smiling just a lil grin.

Funny , How Theo didn't get pick for Euros due to lack of games:
Theo : 28
Jack : 3

I think Jack might leave to MCity in the summer. I pray we keep Ozil ,19 assist and created more chances in the final 3rd then anyone in Europe.

Imo Pocchetino made a huge mistake in the second match against Arsenal when he brought on Mason to defend instead of going for a third goal (he made the same mistake against Chelsea imo). In both matches against you, Spurs showed that we have a good team but not the killer mentality of world class players like Ozil, Sanchez and Ramsey. All in all Spurs needed rather much opportunties to score even when they dominated matches.

Arsenal grafted out that second place and after 38 matches the table rarely lies. They can win matches were they play bad because they have world class players. But Spurs have more a team than Arsenal. I prefer Pocchetino but Wenger won points in both derbies against Spurs.

Totally agree w/ ya gerd.

On other news: Thank you Chelsea, Petr Cech won golden glove 16 clean sheets! Thanks to De Gea concedes 93rd minute OG to lose the golden glove ����. :LOL:

Totally agree w/ ya gerd.

On other news: Thank you Chelsea, Petr Cech won golden glove 16 clean sheets! Thanks to De Gea concedes 93rd minute OG to lose the golden glove ����. :LOL:

Fecking gutted. He seemed pretty happy this season but I'm sure now he s begging Real to come get him this time. Feck.

Great pict

16ARSHOFH-1021x569.jpg

The new kits look great, though the stripe running down the middle annoys me a bit, as do the red socks.

I kinda dig the stripe in a way. The motif goes wel with those girlie tight shirts Arse seems to love. On a serious note : wish Bergkamp was in that pic next to Henry.

What`s strange is Arsenal supposedly bid £51m for Morata . Looks a mess! RealMadrid have a €25m buy-back clause on Morata and will activate it according to everyone on twitter and news outlets even reliable :

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague · 4h4 hours ago

Morata won't continue at Juve. Real Madrid will buy him back. To sell him on?
not so reliable:

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri · 13h13 hours ago

BOOM! Arsenal have made a bid of 50m€ for Morata. Real Madrid valuing what to do

Real Madrid have contacted Chelsea for Courtois, according to tomorrow edition of Gazzetta
Let the bidding wars begin!

Now , I know 12 goals (in all comp.) is not valid for that price tag. Its very strange for Arsenal spending like they`re MUTD lol

Back
Top Bottom