World Football Climax (SEGA - PS2)

Can someone take some screens/photos of the game?

I'd like to see...

England playing in kit (close up)
Stoke playing in kit (close up)

Any other teams with unlicenced kits. Do they look any more authentic than in PES/WE?

NickSCFC said:
Can someone take some screens/photos of the game?

I'd like to see...

England playing in kit (close up)
Stoke playing in kit (close up)

Any other teams with unlicenced kits. Do they look any more authentic than in PES/WE?

I have played with greece against Germany and the Greek Kits look like adidas kits from Euro 2004! But kits look more original than in we (styling)!

bad news... this could be harder to translate.....think ill need some sort of file explorer a la AFS. When i touch some stuff the game wont load.... gotta do more testings tough

just played my first proper game

Is this worth carrying on withm because its a complete turd up to yet.

though its novel to be Vale V Stoke, wait till you hear the commentor say "Stoke On Tlent"

not my last word... gotta try more things... been talking with abscroll about it hehehe nice techie stuff and we came up to an idea...ill tell you later if it works

It really is a shame the game doesn't play very well. Because it has loads and loads of teams in it. Even my local team Veendam is in it. It's very funny hearing the Japanese commentators pronouncing Dutch names. If only Konami would put this amount of teams in WE. One question though is there a promotion option if you play a domestic league season? I see the amount of teams moving from 92, 36, 38 for each league.

Anyone know now to do special moves other than the stepover and the nutmeg?
I remember doing the elastico and those funny stepovers that Cristiano Ronaldo usually does but I'm not sure how I did it.

Is this gonna be worth a pop, I know it's hard not to judge everything against WE and PES, I try each time to learn to love Fifa mainly because I can play with teams in their correct league structures and love playing with the lesser clubs and coming up through the leagues!! Hell I still play SWOS for that same reason!! I'm hoping the bad comments are based on the fact that it's not enough like WE and PES and I'm not expecting it to be as good, I just want someone to push the big 2 to better, deeper titles!!

guys. think i finished a smaaaaaaaaall patch.... when i say small its small ok???

About player and teams.. i translated argentina, Tranmere rovers and cruzeiro. The teams names dunno why still wont come up in english..... been scratching my head and wtf is going on with that

Great Work.
So team names arent working. But are the player names working?

fernando said:
guys. think i finished a smaaaaaaaaall patch.... when i say small its small ok???

About player and teams.. i translated argentina, Tranmere rovers and cruzeiro.
I love it!! :D Tranmere v Cruzeiro will be my next match! :D

Thanks Fernando, you're a real star. :)

any admin here??? should i do a new thread for the patch or or what?

wfc49xk.jpg

wfc32ys.jpg

wfc24mo.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe looks nice!!!

Post it here or in the editing section!
Or open a new thread for WFC in other Games area! called "WFC Editing stuff"!

yes but only to support Sega with the hope they did a sequel who is much better!!!! I hope so!:mrgreen:

How would you all rate this game on a scale out of 10?

Thnx in advance!

Last edited:
Noaxx said:
How would you all rate this game on a scale out of 10?
Please tell what the good and the bad points are in this game.

Thnx in advance!

I am a great sega Fan but this Gameplay is a desaster, good graphiks (when plaing), nice pitches, summer looks like summer, but Gameplay:( , goalkeepers are all like you have buffon,kahn in one person they are alliens!

Gameplay 4/10
Graphiks 7/10 ( but nice)

all over only 5/10 sorry Sega thats not the Game i was waiting for!

jimis said:
I am a great sega Fan but this Gameplay is a desaster, good graphiks (when plaing), nice pitches, summer looks like summer, but Gameplay:( , goalkeepers are all like you have buffon,kahn in one person they are alliens!

Gameplay 4/10
Graphiks 7/10 ( but nice)

all over only 5/10 sorry Sega thats not the Game i was waiting for!
:lol:

I TOTALLY AGREE!
gks are aliens! man its just not possible to score from outside the box!
really guys this game had and imean when you are the the menus it really makes you think the game is great! but when you get to play it, and specially to shoot....oh god! its a disaster! Horrible...really, i will take what i said about this game being better than fifa aways.. fifa is a loooooottttt better than this one..specially fifa WC2006....
and about comparing this game to WE, guys its just impossible to do that, same as comparing Ronaldinho to a 6 year old who just kiked the ball for the first time.

This has been a terrible year for Football video gamers
we got 3 simulation football games (Not counting Sensi as it hasn't been released)

Winning Eleven 10 a solid game overall but to me it is a disappointment (since it doen't feature any substansial upgrade from the past version), the gameplay is too easy, masterleague is bad, lack of teams etc.

To me WE 10 is a 75/100

2006 FIFA World Cup (i have both the Ps2 and the Xbox 360 versions), the ball physics are bad, The goalkeepers are extremely good, the defending is very bad, not enough game modes (missing the regional tournaments)

For the Xbox 360 is a 80/100
For Ps2 however 45/100

World Football Climax a nice first effort, the gameplay needs to be more precise for next versions, nice team selection (you can actually recreate the world Cup in terms of structure), the CPU plays the same way every game.

Its a nice first effort lets hope SEGA continues this franchise for the PS3 and Xbox 360

I will give this game a 65/100

Back
Top Bottom