World Cup 2022 Qatar

💩 list.

1. Messi
2. CR7
3. and the rest, you can fill anyone here.

No Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves, Sergio Ramos & almost not include anyone who played during late 2000s or 2010s is crap.

And no single African players on that list, lol. 🗑️

💩 list.

1. Messi
2. CR7
3. and the rest, you can fill anyone here.

No Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves, Sergio Ramos & almost not include anyone who played during late 2000s or 2010s is crap.

And no single African players on that list, lol. 🗑️
And maybe a bit of an unpopular opinion but I think David Villa was better than Roberto Baggio! I'm old enough to watch them both but (I watch R.B. from USA 94, Juve, and Millan I think he was good but more was like.. super/pop star !? l)I think Villa is a better finisher/scorer and wins more but he is so underrated.

Last edited:
And maybe a bit of an unpopular opinion but I think David Villa was better than Roberto Baggio! I'm old enough to watch them both but (I watch R.B. from USA 94, Juve, and Millan I think he was good but more like.. super/pop star more !? l)I think Villa is a better finisher/scorer and wins more but he is so underrated.
Change his name to "Villahinho" then he will get his rank higher. Anyway trash list, it's like the list almost never change from 90s, lol

The players of the 2000s are condemned to have a career as spectacular as Messi or CR7 to be in the top and even so there are people who will not accept them.

By some strange time and gender paradox I might be Baggio's mum as I had half an idea of getting banned by evoweb defending him in the Villa comparison by @༺Ƥeຮ༻ above (the horror.. the horror!).

No just kidding of course, Baggio is probably my favourite player ever but I'm not gonna argue tastes or subjective views. I'd like to say just one thing.. he was quite the opposite of the superstar, the celebrity ala Ibra or whatever, he has been a very humble and quiet guy all of his career (not a case that after the retired he practically disappeared from the scenes).

That said, I agree with the above post, lists of that kind are dumb. It's nice to do tiers, say favourites and whatnot just to play, but the moment you want to establish rankings between players of different eras and different roles with some kind of objectivity or authority.. yeah it gets really stupid, really fast.

By some strange time and gender paradox I might be Baggio's mum as I had half an idea of getting banned by evoweb defending him in the Villa comparison by @༺Ƥeຮ༻ above (the horror.. the horror!).

No just kidding of course, Baggio is probably my favourite player ever but I'm not gonna argue tastes or subjective views. I'd like to say just one thing.. he was quite the opposite of the superstar, the celebrity ala Ibra or whatever, he has been a very humble and quiet guy all of his career (not a case that after the retired he practically disappeared from the scenes).

That said, I agree with the above post, lists of that kind are dumb. It's nice to do tiers, say favourites and whatnot just to play, but the moment you want to establish rankings between players of different eras and different roles with some kind of objectivity or authority.. yeah it gets really stupid, really fast.

Yes i agree, I'm not here to argue :), I rather enjoy such discussions.

But I just wanna explain myself, as children, we first heard about him because he was known most, for his "extravagant hairstyle and vision of the times" than for his football qualities, a charismatic personality who easily wins sympathy... I must admit, even when rewinding the tape, I don't remember anything about him other than his fantastic US 94 performance and sadly his missed penalty in the World Cup final against Brazil, but at that time I was also interested in football, so I may have missed something, after all, there was no internet, youtube, and social networks... It wasn't until later when I watched some compilations of his goals that I realized that he was a very gifted striker, I understand why some people give him "legendary status" but again... why not David Villa too? Purely statistically he is above Baggio, such as personal, club, and national achievements. That was my idea that Villa is very underrated.

Last edited:
Yes i agree, I'm not here to argue :), I rather enjoy such discussions.

But I just wanna explain myself, as children, we first heard about him because he was known most, for his "extravagant hairstyle and vision of the times" than for his football qualities, a charismatic personality who easily wins sympathy... I must admit, even when rewinding the tape, I don't remember anything about him other than his fantastic US 94 performance and sadly his missed penalty in the World Cup final against Brazil, but at that time I was also interested in football, so I may have missed something, after all, there was no internet, youtube, and social networks... It wasn't until later when I watched some compilations of his goals that I realized that he was a very gifted striker, I understand why some people give him "legendary status" but again... why not David Villa too? Purely statistically he is above Baggio, such as personal, club, and national achievements. That was my idea that Villa is very underrated.

I agree with you that Villa is probably underrated and surely was an extraordinarily player. But I just don't see why it should take anything away from Baggio. Look, the problem is is that it's kinda hard to synthetize all of Baggio in a post to somebody who didn't live his era here in Italy, so I'll just try to give you something here and there.

Guy played with two really fucked up knees for practically all his career (Here a good description of what it was like for him). He dominated most of football discussion in a period where Italy was still probably the top championship.. and I assure you a fancy hairstyle and some personality wouldn't have been enough :D . He carried Italy to the 94 final as you already know.

Yeah I mean, statistics only tells half the story to me.. they can be read in so many ways. I could say Baggio won Ballon d'Or and Villa didn't, for example. Or that he never played in a team even remotely as good as the Barcellona or Spain in which Villa won most of his club trophies. Or that, while Villa played in MLS/J-L his last professional years, putting in the bulk of the goals that placed him up as the best scorer, Baggio played to the very last in a still super tough Serie A while still being feared and decisive.

I think, again, Villa was truly fantastic. But Baggio united a whole country of fans that hate each other beyond any imagination :D and hardly if ever exchange compliments. It wasn't a pop phenom or a gimmick, he was that good. I assure you the legendary status he does hold is all but undeserved.

I'd just like to add an entirely personal opinion.. No stats or anything "objective".. But to me Roberto Baggio is quite simply one of the top 3 or 4 most charismatic players I've ever seen play. I really enjoyed his style and personality. And that counts for a lot. Talent wins Champions Leagues, World Cups and Ballon D'ors, but charisma wins over the love of the fans. At least that was the case for me watching Il Divin Codino play when I was a kid. He is among the select few that really made me fall in love with football. :TU:Also noteworthy is his last years with Brescia. One of my favorite stories in football history,

Personally, for me it's always been about: not who's better, but who creates an emotional connection. That's probably why I don't really care about these lists. All of my favorite players (Baggio, Okocha, Sócrates, Estrada, Seo, Shinji Ono among others) have reached deep down inside and created this connection for me. They might not be among the very best of all time in most pundits' eyes, but that was never important to me. Their personality and charisma shined through. To me that's the magic of football.

Last edited:
If any list is wrong this is it..
How the current Copa America and World Champions aren't the best team in the world?

RankNationConfederationLast (Move)
1.BrazilCONMEBOL
2.ArgentinaCONMEBOL3rd (+1)
3.FranceUEFA4th (+1)
4.BelgiumUEFA2nd (-2)
5.EnglandUEFA
6.NetherlandsUEFA8th (+2)
7.CroatiaUEFA12th (+5)
8.ItalyUEFA6th (-2)
9.PortugalUEFA
10.SpainUEFA7th (-3)
11.MoroccoCAF22nd (+11)
12.SwitzerlandUEFA15th (+3)
13.USACONCACAF16th (+3)
14.GermanyUEFA11th (-3)
15.MexicoCONCACAF13th (-2)
16.UruguayCONMEBOL14th (-2)
17.ColombiaCONMEBOL
18.DenmarkUEFA10th (-8)
19.SenegalCAF18th (-1)
20.JapanAFC24th (+4)

VAR is amazing. It's the officials and referees fault for not utilizing it correctly.
Opinions vary. I would like it if there aren't big pauses for taking decisions. It looks like NFL game not football game. Also it is very strange when we while watching on tv see obvious situations but referee doesn't even want to look at it and in the same time there are other refereea in var room who can replay the situation from various angles and still stay quiet. That suggest about other stuff which doesn't have place in football especially in big tournaments.

VAR is right for the game but at the moment it is not being implemented properly.

But the worst thing about VAR is that it is turning referees completely incompetent.
They are making really bad onfield decisions knowing that they have the technology to potentially fix it.

The standard of refereeing in the World Cup was poor.

I think in about 10 years time VAR will actually get decisions pretty much correct.
Also stop giving shitty offsides for half an armpit hair, advantage should be given to the attacker and only thing that should be classed as offside is head or foot and other body part is irrelevant and attackers should also be given a slightly bigger bolder line.

VAR is right for the game but at the moment it is not being implemented properly.

But the worst thing about VAR is that it is turning referees completely incompetent.
They are making really bad onfield decisions knowing that they have the technology to potentially fix it.

The standard of refereeing in the World Cup was poor.

I think in about 10 years time VAR will actually get decisions pretty much correct.
Also stop giving shitty offsides for half an armpit hair, advantage should be given to the attacker and only thing that should be classed as offside is head or foot and other body part is irrelevant and attackers should also be given a slightly bigger bolder line.
Time to implement yellow and red cards for Referees so that they can get carded and kicked off the game if they act lazy.

Most of the issues lie with the laws themselves rather than how they are implemented. And how much people are willing to learn them. So much debate is fuelled by the fact that fans/players/managers/pundits don't know the rules.

One thing I liked about this World Cup were the long injury times, 5 minutes, sometimes even 10 minutes. They seemed much more in accordance with all the time wasting that goes on.. I'd actually like to see more of these longer 90+ times, even make it the norm in all competitions (club and international).. It would help make up for all the pauses that occur during matches.

One thing I liked about this World Cup were the long injury times, 5 minutes, sometimes even 10 minutes. They seemed much more in accordance with all the time wasting that goes on.. I'd actually like to see more of these longer 90+ times, even make it the norm in all competitions (club and international).. It would help make up for all the pauses that occur during matches.

I'm a traditionalist, but one change I'm all for in football is a time clock. The ball is live for an average of, like, 60 minutes in a game. Varies wildly. A clock that stops when the ball's out of play would ensure consistency and minimise time wasting. Players would still do it to disrupt the flow of the game, but that change would remove much of the incentive.

Unfortunately, it would favour better teams who can retain and pass the ball better. And football is of course geared towards making the richer, sorry, better teams better all the time. But overall I think it would be a wise move.

I'm a traditionalist, but one change I'm all for in football is a time clock. The ball is live for an average of, like, 60 minutes in a game. Varies wildly. A clock that stops when the ball's out of play would ensure consistency and minimise time wasting. Players would still do it to disrupt the flow of the game, but that change would remove much of the incentive.

Unfortunately, it would favour better teams who can retain and pass the ball better. And football is of course geared towards making the richer, sorry, better teams better all the time. But overall I think it would be a wise move.
I've thought of that too, make it like in basketball. Ball out of bounds = clock stops. Makes sense. Something to keep in mind though is that players would be basically active for 90 minutes, it would probably take a while for fitness levels to adjust.

Here's an additional option: penalize time wasting even further. For example, players are required to leave the field quickly during substititions, or red card (or the referee hurries the player along like in PES) :LOL: . Other red card situations: dawdling or taking to long for a goal kick or throw in, diving, taking over 30 seconds to take an injured player out of the field., and play resumes.. The details would have to be worked out but you get the idea.

Last edited:
I've thought of that too, make it like in basketball. Ball out of bounds = clock stops.
God i hope not, what's next ? time out in football ?

As soon as they introduce clocks stop be prepare to see more ads in football game. New injury time system is just fine, i like that too, it adds more drama to the game.

My review for this world cup

- Best group stage ever
- Best final ever (eventhough i didnt watch the whole game) bar none.

Definetly deserve 9/10

No fue un penalti para mí y, por supuesto, derribó a Croacia.
El portero y los defensas se mostraron muy inseguros tras esta acción.

Los tontos decían "ay pero marcaron 2 más, no importa el penalti".
Bueno, sí importa, rompe el juego.

Recuerdo el partido Mex-Arg de 2006, recibimos un gol de fuera de juego claro y jodió todo el partido.

De todos modos, no es por ser un hater, pero es la cuarta penalización leve otorgada a Argentina en este Mundial.
Para empeorar las cosas, parece que los árbitros no necesitan revisar ninguno de esos 4 penaltis suaves en las pantallas del VAR por el motivo que sea (tal vez revisaron el de Polonia).
Además, Messi & Co. parecen tener vía libre en lo que respecta a las tarjetas.

Incluso para usar un sombrero de papel de aluminio, ¿has leído que Messi vendió su alma para ganar la Copa del Mundo a cambio de ser embajador de la Copa del Mundo de Arabia Saudita 2030?
🤔
Nice conspiracy. A Mexican speaking ill of Argentina, how strange

Back
Top Bottom