Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution ***GameCube Version***

BumperMan

Champions League
20 June 2005
North America
Legia Warsaw
So it's been over 3 years since i recieved my import copy. that first year i played the crap out of it. the second year...well? I started liking WE so much i bought myself a PS2 modded it and then got WE7. All i gotta say is where the PS2 versions get a bit old year by year the gameCubne version of WE6:FE did not. it's graphics(though a bit arcadey in the player models) and gameplay are beautiful. i'm playing it now once again like it is for the first time. the control scheme is much simpler since it's on the Gamecube controller but overall it feel smooth and effortless. ALL the important and mojr moves that make We We are there and are excuted well inpractice. shooting is free and feels as random as it does now in WE9. I gotta say i wish it sold better cuz it would have been cool to see the series on the GC again. this sudden interest came in lue of the fact that We is coming to Nintendo again but on the Ds so i just wanted to see what WE6:FE on the gamecube felt like. And man i'm about to change up the rosters andf update the uniforms on this one now cuz it's just so fun.

One thing to note tho. the gamecube version is well worth the rarity it has become. and anyone wanting a unbeliveable classic game for their gamecube should look no further. i still truly beleive now that this is the best gamecube game ever made. Holds up better than I ever thought it would.

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Hi there folks, does anyone have an English option file that was saved using a JAP machine rather than a US or PAL and a copy of Freeloader/Action Replay??????? Just asking if someone could help me out, I'm not too worried about Player transfers being up to date, just looking for English players.

i havent seen any patched gamecube version!

By the way i have played today Virtua striker 3 on my old GC, what graphics, unbelivable good, but cryppy gameplay, why could no oe give me this graphics with we6FE gameplay, this will be the best game!

Last edited:
I don't want to bother you byt you actuallt CAN'T compare VS3 and WE6 gameplay wise.
They are two different games, conceived and developed to suit two different kinds of audience.

Well, I remember playing VS3 was a stunning experience back in 2002 or so, just because it was that game that we could play while we were drinking beer, eating chips and having a laugh, totally relaxed. I can't explain this better than I've done, though I hope you understand. This is what "arcade" means to me. Something that you play just for fun, without worrying about that much. And it's a wonderful sensation.

You can't do that with WE, I think you agree you have to be a lot more concentrated onto the game to play it at acceptable levels.. I also prefer the gameplay of the WE/PES series over the VS one, but hey.. There are some things of VS2002 that I relly would have liked to see also in PES..

You missunderstood me, i say VS gameplay is crap( WE6Fe gameplay is for me the best in WE series), but have you noticed the Graphics from VS??? on an old gen machine! Its unbelivable that this graphics come out on a gamecube, and brilliant stadiums, licenced rotating adboards, kits who are animated,well looking pitches! all this in 2002, now we have 2008 and we6Fe gameplay is still the best, also graphics from VS3/2002 are the best in soccergames!I have played every Footi game ever has been released! I prefer the WE/PES series, but after we6Fe things have changed.... we7 was nice, same as we8, and we9 but it was everytime the same with litle changes! Now we have PES2008 and i am dissapointed when i look back and see that we6FE i smoother, and feels more like real football!

Thats my personal oppinion!

Last edited:
Yeah, I get your point. probably we didn't understand each other.. Seeing you are a fan of "real" gameplay, it's obvious you don't like the VS gameplay at all, and I understand why..

Anyway, wouldn't it be nice to have in WE the long range shots you could get in VS2002? They were amazing. In that case, the ball seemed to have the "right" weight and proper physics, things that I didn't notice in, let me say, PES2008 XD

One thing to note: I don't see much difference between the GC and PS2 versions. So I guess if you prefer one over the other, it might be the controller factor. :))

I'd be interested to play this.

I doubt it, but is there an updated patch? I hate that you can't edit OF on the wii version so I might give this a try.

Back
Top Bottom