Winning Eleven 10 (PS3/Xbox 360)

NickSCFC said:
Thin about it, this time next year we'll all have much faster broadband connections!
Download, from what I've heard the uploads aren't changing, and that's all that really matters here.

ClassicD said:
Download, from what I've heard the uploads aren't changing, and that's all that really matters here.
well my provider will power up my connection from 3072/768 (down/up) to 5120/1024 kbps..and they do that almost every year.. I hope it's fast enough!

Anybody realize that next gen will be hard to get. import japanes version and what do you play it on? A european Ps3? No...A US Ps3? No a japanese PS3? yes, BUT that's major money right there. the import modding has to be settled no?

Yeh they'll never do it for consoles, but portables are always region free. But as home games consoles are not very portable I can't see them ever doing it :(

ClassicD said:
This is true cuz I've had free upgrades in the past and only the download is affected. My upload stayed the same.

Yeh they'll never do it for consoles, but portables are always region free. But as home games consoles are not very portable I can't see them ever doing it

seeing as it uses standard sony memory cards wont some clever chap be able to bypass it like they have with homebruw psp progs. Im expecting the ps3 to be easier to mod then the current ps2, just because you have the possibility to use software only to find flaws in the OS and bypass the security measures. A digital swapmagic if you will

Yeh but thats different, what I was saying is that sony won't make it region-free. I have no doubt we'll be able to play backups and imports on it sooner or later. As there are much smarter people in this world than the ones that work at sony who enjoy bypassing their protection.

So Konami wont release any more version of WE/PES for ps2?

What about Winning Eleven 9 : Final Evolution, anyone heard anything about it ?

Well i for one think the development of 11 v 11 is rather silly and ultimately pointless, you might as well just grab your boots and go outside if you want that.

For me, the areas they really need to look at start with the biggest current problem of the we series and that is of our lonely goalkeeper.

Now i dont know about you lot but the goalkeepers can absoloutely ruin a game for you. I have never seen goalkeepers dive the way they do. They dont ever really stretch for a ball and the only great saves they do you hardly ever see and thats the falling back tipover and low down one handed save, they are absoloutely atrocius, they just dont look right. I scored a cracking header with morientes and the keeper just flapped unconvincingly at it, they really need some serious work, its like the outfield players are on another stage and the goalkeepers are way behind.

They also need to eradicate the sidestep out, well the automatic one anyway its absurd, forget psp users, concentrate on the console users and then tweak the psp version. If i dont see the keepers getting a MAJOR overhaul well, then i hope the game doesnt fall on its knees because in my opinion the goalkeepers on fifa 06 are what the keepers should be like in we.

I like the FIFA goalkeepers but they seem to make amazing saves ALL the time. Now its good if the keeper himself is good but it looks odd when even the bad keepers make world class saves.

As for the 11 vs 11 thing, I think it could change the face of online gaming (for soccer games and many other team based sports). This kinda reminds me of online FPS games. On FPSs, you go online and you can either start your own game or randomly jump into another existing game. Now doing this for PES would be fantastic. Imagine being able to jump into a running game and selecting a player to control. It would be cool. Of course you could also have the option of locking people out of games or allowing them in. But it would work very well like how its done in FPSs.

11 v 11 would be quite amuzing, it would be exactly like school boy football where there is 22 players chasing the ball at all times.

bsmaff said:
11 v 11 would be quite amuzing, it would be exactly like school boy football where there is 22 players chasing the ball at all times.
Not everyone plays like that. :roll:
I've played with 8 humans against the computer on PES5 and it worked out perfectly well. It depends on who wants to enjoy the game and who wants to ruin it for others. And this applies to all games such as FPS where players like to shoot their own team mates just for a laugh, right Noted? ;)

WE10 will not be avaiable for PS3/xbox360.. konami already said that in their official website. Only WE11/PES7 will be on PS3 and xbox360.

Where did they said that, first I've heard of it?

Last word from Konami was WE9 was to be the final 'set' (WE9/WE9I/WE9LE) this generation. The next set (due to be WE10 but the title wasn't confirmed), would appear on next-gen machines. Konami said last August/September they had started work on the 360 version of WE and it would release in Japan Autumn/Winter 2006.

antred said:
For me, the areas they really need to look at start with the biggest current problem of the we series and that is of our lonely goalkeeper.

It could be me, but i have the impression that the GK's in PES5 have normously improved...sometimes i even have the feeling they are a litle bit too good...

this 11v11 thing is a gimmick, and the graphics hardly need a major overhaul. Well from a PC perspective anyway.

They've now got the next gen machines, so they may aswell use it for gameplay advancements. And do everything they wanted to do, with regards to more complex AI,more and varied animations (if analogue control isnt implemented, animations can make up for it to a certain extent)

no fookin screenshots yet??? Come on a wee glimpse of the future please Konami. Ive been eagerly awaiting the DS version as well and still no news.

If Carlsberg made PR experts they wouldnt work for Konami!

cowden_harley said:
If Carlsberg made PR experts they wouldnt work for Konami!

lol like it ;)

I know what you mean, would love to see a new pic of WE. tbh I reckon we'll get pics of the game when the PS3 is out. Mainly because Im sure its gonna be based around the PS3 hardware (like series was with the PS2) even though its coming out for the Xbox 360.

Hey people! the work for the next WE in PS3 is going on right now! Japanese forums have already been working on their wishlists and ideas since december. Let´s make this thread a real wishlist and start posting what we want for the PS3 version of WE.

You never know, maybe someone from konami will actually take a peek at this forum for ideas, maybe people from the japanese forums can take our ideas to their forums (the ones that konami japan does check). Anyway it´s better for us to start brainstorming NOW, so lets concentrate on that wishlist!

loco said:
Hey people! the work for the next WE in PS3 is going on right now! Japanese forums have already been working on their wishlists and ideas since december. Let´s make this thread a real wishlist and start posting what we want for the PS3 version of WE.

You never know, maybe someone from konami will actually take a peek at this forum for ideas, maybe people from the japanese forums can take our ideas to their forums (the ones that konami japan does check). Anyway it´s better for us to start brainstorming NOW, so lets concentrate on that wishlist!

For me, I'd rather they forget 11v11 and fix those things that need fixing.

Like:
Getting more licenses.
More teams and revamped ML structure.
No more 'god mode'.
Better response and player AI (especially CPU).

As for analog control I find that its already fine as it is, especially if you use the type 4-5 setup. Just limit the AI override of pass direction. If I press right should always send the ball right irregardless whether there's a player there or not. The AI can adjust slightly the fine tuning of pass direction but only It's the off the ball player movement that need tweaking, no need to use super-cancel like crazy to actually make a decent run. As for passing/shot power, having anaolog for these wold just make the game unplayable for some (not me). Just imagine underhitting/overhitting passes.

Cheerio

cowden_harley said:
no fookin screenshots yet??? Come on a wee glimpse of the future please Konami. Ive been eagerly awaiting the DS version as well and still no news.

yet? be happy if we get some a month before the release! ;)

jiwa said:
For me, I'd rather they forget 11v11 and fix those things that need fixing.

Like:
Getting more licenses.
More teams and revamped ML structure.
No more 'god mode'.
Better response and player AI (especially CPU).

As for analog control I find that its already fine as it is, especially if you use the type 4-5 setup. Just limit the AI override of pass direction. If I press right should always send the ball right irregardless whether there's a player there or not. The AI can adjust slightly the fine tuning of pass direction but only It's the off the ball player movement that need tweaking, no need to use super-cancel like crazy to actually make a decent run. As for passing/shot power, having anaolog for these wold just make the game unplayable for some (not me). Just imagine underhitting/overhitting passes.

Cheerio

exactly! they should fix what should be fix before getting on more features!! comeon... fix master league, fix license, fix the GK and net animation

loco said:

my wishes:
1)A master league with at least 8 leagues(4 div1, 4 div 2) with div 1 consisting of 20 teams(i hate 16)
2)Give the god damn GK some AI(realistic GK)
3)Better body clipping, i hate to see body parts passing through each other
4)Better referee, some fouls not called, some proper tackle are fouls
5)Linesmen during gameplay
6)Realistic net animation(Football kingdom type)
7)Able to shift the wall during freekick
8 )Continuous gameplay meaning no loading of cutscenes for throw-in, corner, freekick unless there is something worth replaying the incident, or fights/cards. just like watching a soccer match
9)Managers and staffs on the side of pitch, option to turn on streakers:)
10) Young players may increase in size during master league

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom