Who is Over Rated/Who is Under Rated

PLF said:
There is no doubt Pires is a year past his peak but he's still soooooooooo goood that he can play even at his current level for a top team for another season or two.

Plus if you think he sucks what would you say about Del Piero ??? That guy is 3-4 years past his peak... and doesn't look like even a SHADOW of Old Alex. At least Pires is only slightly past his best plus that's expected... at one point you go so high and get so good that the next year on you'll be getting worse than previous years.

Ok well in the game he is overated honestly he isnt fast, or great at dribbling, he might be a good player but in the game hes a amazaing player which is wrong.

I edited Del Piero making him worst, so nothing to say there.

"Ok well in the game he is overated honestly he isnt fast, or great at dribbling, he might be a good player but in the game hes a amazaing player which is wrong."

I honestly wonder how many Arsenal games you saw last season.

Just about every commentator/writer I have seen/heard has stated that last season before his injury that Pires was one of the best (if not the best) left midfielder in the world.
He certainly was an amazing player last season and every Gooner knows it.

juventus11 said:
Ok well in the game he is overated honestly he isnt fast, or great at dribbling, he might be a good player but in the game hes a amazaing player which is wrong.

I edited Del Piero making him worst, so nothing to say there.

Umm... Pires isn't fast or good at dribbling??? :shock: I wonder what he's good at then. Those are exactly what Pires STRENGhs were of course it doesn't hurt to be an amazing passer/crosser of the ball either but you can't forget that he's good at all of these things.

but anyways its okay... in Italy most poeple just watch their own league... and don't know much about others and when they do watch other teams its in Champions League so i'm not surprised with your unfamiliarity of these playes.

Anyways I'll sum this up: like i said in general.. players who were world class ONCE like even 4-5 years but are now past their peaks.... and much worse are all OVER-rated.

This is very obvious... jus go to any player that was a SUPERSTAR a few years ago and you'll find that they still have shockingly good stats even though they shouldn't at least not for speed/acceleration/stamina and agility.

Vieri, Inzaghi, del Piero, Bergkamp, Zola, Zahovic, Rivaldo and many others that aren't exactly superstars but were GREAT players once.. but now are not yet the game still has their speed like 88 for Acceleration. No FUCKING way.. Vieri's TOP speed is still 88. It's more like 80.

That's for OVER-rated ones.

then another one of Konami's problems is that they don't really rate players individually but based on how strong their TEAM is.

So if you play in AC Milan and you're a striker, you'll have shot accuracy above 85 lets say even if you were never that great of a finisher like Tommasson. Don't get me wrong he's fantastic player.. but he's a much better player than he's a finisher just like Raul and both are top scorers of their countries but I'm still not convinced they're world class strikers like Sheva and Crespo so why shoud he have 88 shooting accuracy and 89 heading for Tomasson??? this is a joke.. he's good player but no WORLD beater.. but cuz he plays for AC milan he has those stats and you can bet if he played his football in AZ Alkmaar right now... Konami would close-mindedly just hand him 60's and 70s all over without again lookin to see what wonderful player he is and giving him CORRECT right stats.

So in general when there are poor teams from poor leagues... Konami didn't really do the research they thought the whole world will play with EPL, SErie A and La Liga. They didn't think that Dutch and French people would be PISSED off to see every good FK taker for example in their league IGNORED and given a 50.

It's amazing how many good FK takers in that World competition with Zidane a few months ago have CRAP FK stats in the game. Delroy Buckley, Ugur Yildirim, Cristiano Lucarelli and David Villa of Zaragoza are just 4 examples all with crap FK stats in the game. Why do you think?? Cuz they're not at big clubs...

this is why PLF DATA will shine if released. Yeah nobody can ever be perfectly happy with the data as its SUBJECTive but there are some things that we can all agree on... such as Vieri is not as good as he was 4 years ago... or that Yildirim and C. Lucarreli should have AMAZING FK stats so those thigns won't bother anyone but will make your game and ML more enjoyable.

I'll be doing this for only my OWN pleasure by the way as I hate seeing these DATA mistakes.. and ruins my joy. Perhaps I know too much for my own good to really enjoy the game now :( and if I didn't .... I'd enjoy things because i wouldn't notice all these WRONG stats.

But since many people have requested that I give them my data so they can have much more realistic ML as well.... there is a chance I'll give it to them and release to public as well.

i'm out.

Well just thinking of players off the top of my head i think Pirlo is under-rated his passing should be better than it is coz hes superb.
Adriano should be faster. Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney should have better stats although they improve greatly in the master league. Owen is over-rated he should have his speed slightly reduced and he has too many red stats lets be honest hes not that good. theres more but i cant think at the moment.

Yeah PLF are you going to release your data or if you ain't you can make a thread of edited players stats like Minalsta did on PESFan.

Originally I wasn't gonna. I mean I did this extensive amount of editing for PES4 but I never released it and just kept it to myself and few people I knew would appreciate it but for this one I've had more than my usual share of requests and thought to myself... since i'm putting 100+ hours to get data as perfect as possible for MYSELF... I might as well release to public where some other poeple could enjoy... so i dunno I might. Depends on how often I run into problems with editors and many other things but either way I've got nothing to lose since I'm really doing this for myself since I can't play ML with those things mentioned above until they're fixed. and thankfully i'm not alone ;) Some other football crazy fans are just as FUCKED off with SOME of the research done as well.

Shevchenko is one of the most underrated but is still good though!!
Martins over-rated if u've seen him play u'l agree that he doesnt deserve 99 speed
Robben underrated, infact the whole chelsea squad are under-rated, unlike Arsenal who are always the best and madrid they always batter the other teams in master league!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Stringer Bell, you catch the Arsenal-pool game yesterday?

Fabregas, for being 18, was out of this world. IMO he is the best teenager player in the world. I'll take Fabregas with his maturity beyond his years beyond the mercurial talents of Rooney any day.

He simply gets better with every game. None of the 17-18 year old prospects int he game (with the exception of maybe Rooney) gets the real life playing time Fabregas has gotten. Over 40 games at the highest level at 17. He scored a beautiful goal today and played superb.

Yeah man i saw it but only the highlights....so i couldn't of seen how well he played but for what i saw from the highlights....he was nice.

And about the over 40 games bit i never knew that...where did you get the stats from?

wutang_04 said:
Shevchenko is one of the most underrated but is still good though!!
Martins over-rated if u've seen him play u'l agree that he doesnt deserve 99 speed
Robben underrated, infact the whole chelsea squad are under-rated, unlike Arsenal who are always the best and madrid they always batter the other teams in master league!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've seen him play plenty of times and I think he's the only one who SHOULD get 99 top speed and acceleration. He's just a bullet.

PLF said:
I've seen him play plenty of times and I think he's the only one who SHOULD get 99 top speed and acceleration. He's just a bullet.

Yeah....thats what i want to hear!

Last edited:
PLF said:
then another one of Konami's problems is that they don't really rate players individually but based on how strong their TEAM is.

I agree.
It would be an honor that to know yours database PLF.If you neeed help for something, i´m here. :l1: :triangle:

Work is on way guys soon enough all ML hardcore fans and others ML fan or not like our friend Kenzo will hopefully be able to enjoy it.

I do work throughly. French league took me 4 days but now EVERY team has correct lineup/formation with no more stupid arrows on their CBs or a backward one on CF for example. These may seem like minor things but quite frankly in ML these are the formations the CPU whom we often find easy uses these default Konami formations with stupid arrows but I've fixed them all as well as lineups.

French league is totally done... some stats tweaked... no more players under 21 who've just been given a consistency and conditioning of 3 or 4 just because they're young because this is NOT something they improve on in ML anyways so i'm correcting Konami's mistakes like this. Now the only ones with bad consistency rating are the ones who've actually proved to be inconsistent in real life ;).

38 new players created overall just for French league. :D
All using knowledge and they've come out very well. No convertors used. And I've created them over someone with likely same amount of potential and wage so I don't just pick a team like PSG lets say.. see what players should be over-written and what players created for that team.. and just over-write on same players. I have 2 huge word documents which some of you have seen and called me crazy for ;) with huge list of players to over-write and huge list of players to create and upon careful reveiew... I create one and cross them out :)

If all goes well.. you guys should be enjoying this option file and PARA which you can put into your ISO to make these changes stay in ML by a couple weeks.

But you never know what problems you might run into when working with these tools so I dunno.. I can't promise anything and I'm still not sure if I'm gonna release it anyways cuz like I said all along I'm doing this for MYSELF and MYSELF only ;) this is only way I can enjoy proper serious ML.

Take care guys.

Great PLF. I was edited the scorpion s option file ( created about 100 players ;) ) it was hard ( searching many options files of various countries and sites clubs), but the editor had a bug and the callnames are wrong. I put they fine manualy in the game :shock: (only the teams players not of selections).But i think that this option file still 60 % :( . I discovery that many players are edited by scorpion on duplicated players ( in master league for example : someone player has the status of robben or bellamy , etc)and i don t have space in option file to creat more players , only in unused players ( the sattus in unused players are 0). :( . That s why i have to buy a dvdr to explore the data game ;).
Now i m puting the boots of players manually in edit mode ( this game put me mad since isspro 98 ;) ).
That s for this all that i don t play master league .
And i understand you PLF. The constant search to put this game more real. :applause:

Yeah that's why I didn't use Reefur's xps or Scorpio's as a BASE for mine because I wanted to get things 100% right and when you're using someone else's especially someone who's created players you don't know what they've DONE and if thye took the easy way out or the hard one which is why i got a VIRGIN WE8LE file with just english translation and started working.

Anyways our team is growin and if you think you can be of any help... drop me a pm. I might let you do the boots for my option file when done if you want.

take care

Whats funny his, when Del Piro was a real superstar, he was extremely underrated in ISS Pro / Winning Eleven 4.
As a fan of him, i really want to see him playing well again. He is just fun to watch, amazing technique.

PLF said:
Martins is like the fastest player in the big leagues right now so how he can be over-rated with his speed in this game is beyond me.

He should have 99 for Top speed and Acceleration as he's faster than anything I've seen before so he's probably under-rated his speed.
Actually, Ivan Cordoba has officially been named the fastest player in Serie A. They have tested all the players.

Well Cordoba is one of the fastest in the update I've done anywa. I've given him 95 top speed and 93 acceleration.

And where is this official news?? Can I see a link? and i didn't know they do a test..

mostly of french players are over rated in the game... viera, pires, henry, thuram... as well as recoba, vieri and kewell

luis garcia(based on this season), robinho, ricardo oliveira (betis), lampard (shot) and ibrahimovic are under rated

and i think that ballack isn't so slow as he is on the game...

over-rated: pires,samuel,vieri,owen,beckham,trezeguet

under-rated: i quess every single player in chelsea(terry,carvalho,lampard,joe cole)
rooney,emre,ballack,robinho,tevez

under rated

atletico madrid - antonio lopez

cambiasso ( best serie a midfielder 2004-2005)- inter milan

michel salgado ( best spanish rb since 95 and has 2 yellow stats )- real madrid

van galen - az alkamaar way better passing and shooting

maxi rodriguez - espanol ( 1 yellow stat says it all )

ali karimi - best asian footballer deserves more

hannover 96 - goalkeeper henke ( sp?) much better reflexes he is not a turtle

marek mintal - nurneberg , he really deserves much more

Lol and these are very very famous players. I can name some seriuosly under-rated players that most have never heard of but all these will be fixed in my update. Not to mention many data mistakes I've found like certain right midfielder being a CENTRAL Defender in game for fucks sake.

Or a Cafu type of fullback.. being a SB with defence 80 and attack 54. The data is a mess and I'm glad I have the tools to use my magic now.. otherwise I'd never enjoy this game as much

Take care

well we cant follow these people if they are not on tv right?

They're on TV. I'm not talkign about people from Guatemalan league because those are obviously not in the game but i'm talking people who are in the game but in lower teams but if you notice everyone here is talking about Robben, Lampard and names like that.

Well maybe i'm being biased because i am korean, but i think Park Ji Sung from PSV Eindhoven is underrated.

Back
Top Bottom