What might be the biggest trashing in this WC?

Win by biggest margin in Brazil 2014?

• Brazil vs Cameroon

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Spain vs Australia

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Uruguay vs Costa Rica

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Argentina vs Iran

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • France vs Honduras

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Portugal vs USA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
I anticipated that they would park the bus but I hoped Argentina would force in a goal a bit earlier. If Auero or Higuain had bagged one of their huge chances in the first half, this match could easily have turned into 6 or 7 against 0.

That is a huge exaggeration.

Iran have clearly shown that while their offensive game plan is clearly lacking, their defense is extremely compact, organized and tough to break down. Even if they had let in an early goal, it would have been at MOST 3-0!

They pretty much deal with everything from winning aerial battles to timely interceptions, key tackles. Even the Nigerians who manhandled Bosnia at times found it physically tough against them. They're also the side that has conceded the least amount of goals in qualifiers and have now shown that they are capable of defending well on the big stage against better opponents as well.

Last edited:
imo, iran could've even won this with better finishing or if it wasn't for the rustler romero's heroics.

I think it's a classic case of glorifying the heroics of the underdog, but I don't have any desire to discuss this thread to death about it.

Argentina 8 - 0 Holland
Demichelis
Demichelis
Demichelis
Demichelis
Demichelis
Demichelis
Demichelis
Demichelis

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom