What have you done Konami? (very disappointed by PES 2008 demo)

i can't even make a comparison bw Fifa08 and Pes2008 demo. Fifa 2008 is really rubbish in terms of all when compared to PES, but only commentary. I guess no need to talk about that!

Play the demo with fixed player and you'll see how bad the AI really is. Your team mates just run straight forward into opposition losing the ball all the time, so sad. It's current gen AI but that was expected...

First impressions... PES meets Fifa - 50% PES 50% Fifa

Difficult to judge until I have played the full version, but from what I can tell, the biggest negative is the game play...players instead of being organised bunch like kids playing football in the school playground, leaving acres of space - playing the computer is very one sided on most games...tackle an apponent and it just rebounds back to another apponent, and 9 out of 10 passes are unsucessful. Also your players run away from attacking opponents, giving them space, and when your team has the ball, your palyers stand there like lemons most of the time and don't run into space.

these are only the negatives, there is a lot of you stuff too.
hopefully the full version will be better.

Re: It's only the demo, but...

First impressions... PES meets Fifa - 50% PES 50% Fifa

Difficult to judge until I have played the full version, but from what I can tell, the biggest negative is the game play...players instead of being organised bunch like kids playing football in the school playground, leaving acres of space - playing the computer is very one sided on most games...tackle an apponent and it just rebounds back to another apponent, and 9 out of 10 passes are unsucessful. Also your players run away from attacking opponents, giving them space, and when your team has the ball, your palyers stand there like lemons most of the time and don't run into space.

these are only the negatives, there is a lot of you stuff too.
hopefully the full version will be better.

Screen shot of the Month: :lol:
pes2008demo200710150743ky1.jpg

nets are only thing i can see a good improvement and some of the tricks other then that the shooting SUCKS!!! it doesnt feel like you have control of the ball when shooting from sides

PES 2008 IS ALL FUR COAT AND NO KNICKERS - IN OTHER WORDS...IT'S ALL GLAMOUR AND NO SUBSTANCE. GAME PLAY IS CRAP, THE GAME CHEATS FROM BEGINNING TO END, YOU MAY AS WELL NOT HAVE A GAMEPAD, PES HAS LOSTS THAT REALISTIC FEELING WHEN YOU PLAY - IT'S MORE LIKE AN ARCHADE GAME, DOESN'T FEEL LIKE FOOTBALL - PES 5 WAS THE BEST! AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY THAT.

Most important thing in a football simulator is GAMEPLAY (we all agree on that, don´t we?) and I think that PES2008 (remember we´re still talking about demo version) has better gameplay than previous versions FOR SURE, wich makes it the best football game out. It´s NOT NEW that gameplay against machine sucks, phisics of the ball are always on the side of COM, etc, etc, etc. But actually I never enjoyed playing against COM, I never played more than 5 games against COM in all versions of PES/WE, and I´m playing it since WE (with no 2 or 3 after). That´s why gameplay against COM doesn´t really matters to me , what REALLY matters is gameplay playing against my friends and, in that aspect, PES2008 is really crushing previous versions and other games :D.
This is why I´m really happy with this game...

ps: If you want REALISTIC game against COM, you´re gonna have to wait another year and pray for that ([-o<), that´s no news either...

I think, given time to get used to it, this version might come good. Not too sure at the moment though. It does remind me slightly of last year when I got PES 6 on the 360, looked nice, wanted to like it, gave it a chance, and eventually gave up on it, deciding it was pish. Thankfully the PC version measured up and has been keeping me going since. Now I havent seen the 360 demo (as my machine is broken AGAIN!, cheers M/soft), but with the 360 controller options in the setup, is this not just a lazy port of that version? As with the PS2 versions in the past. Best to wait and see when the full game comes out, then decide.....surely.

yes,agree

Most important thing in a football simulator is GAMEPLAY (we all agree on that, don´t we?) and I think that PES2008 (remember we´re still talking about demo version) has better gameplay than previous versions FOR SURE, wich makes it the best football game out. It´s NOT NEW that gameplay against machine sucks, phisics of the ball are always on the side of COM, etc, etc, etc. But actually I never enjoyed playing against COM, I never played more than 5 games against COM in all versions of PES/WE, and I´m playing it since WE (with no 2 or 3 after). That´s why gameplay against COM doesn´t really matters to me , what REALLY matters is gameplay playing against my friends and, in that aspect, PES2008 is really crushing previous versions and other games :D.
This is why I´m really happy with this game...

ps: If you want REALISTIC game against COM, you´re gonna have to wait another year and pray for that ([-o<), that´s no news either...

AMEN to that....
If just some kiddos realised how complicated and NON PROFITABLE AI coding is they would not moan...

i have not downloaded the demo yet:D cos the demo won't reflect wat the full release will turn out.....waitin 4 the full release..;)

Just played the PES 2008 demo and can't recognize that I'm playing a PES/WE game, it's a totally different feeling and I don't like it at all (too fast and arcade gameplay).
Btw, dribbling and scoring (professional level) is so easy, there's absolutely no challenge when playing against the CPU.

I can't understand how Konami managed to ruin the PES/WE series, but with PES 6 and now PES 2008 they certainly did! What a shame...

I've been playing PES/WE games for years (since Playstation) but PES 2008 makes me want to try FIFA 08 (just like PES 6 made me try FIFA 07, but it also sucked), in fact I just started downloading the demo (I hope it will surprise me and be better than the FIFAs of the last years and PES 2008).
EDIT: well the FIFA 08 demo also sucked, but it seems that the PS3/XBOX360 version is much better than the PC, hopefully FIFA 09 on PC will be as good as on the next-gen consoles (yes I've lost faith in the PES/WE series).

i would prefer the fast gameplay in pes 2008 which was missin in pes6...pes6 is quite slow compared pes5 n pes 2008 :)

Back
Top Bottom