What are you listening to?

Time to put together some new mixes to use during workout... This is by far the best part of going to the gym, at least for me (too bad the wife doesn't want me to upgrade my current gear to something more appropriate) 😁

Listening to some Swedish House Mafia right now, in order to find the inspiration for a set. Well this can't be left out, can it?

Yes! That guitar riff is definitely rhythmic, similar to a lot of Argentinean "ska/reggae" songs! The melody too, very football-like. :LOL:

Listening to some of this today! Sammy Hagar on vocals, bassist from Van Halen too, drummer from RHCP, but to me, Satriani's guitar playing takes this band to a whole new level. :TU:

Yeah, I noticed these riffs in a lot of Argentine songs, for instance these masterpieces by Los Piojos

Heck, the riff in Todos Tenemos Un Anor sounds like R.E.M.'s Peter Buck's.

And by the way, is this Chickenfoot band definitive? I mean will the members stick to it rather than go back to their original band?
I am asking because I am waiting for another RHCP album so desperately haha

Yes, exactly! Those songs by Los Piojos have a similar spirit as La Mosca (maybe more rock, and less ska, but still have that chin-ka-chin-ka riffing!), songs by both bands are used in the Argentinean League as football chants!

For example, this is straight from a song by La Mosca (I'm sure there are plenty of ones from Los Piojos too!)..

Great R.E.M. reference too! Peter Buck, while not a "shredder" or technically superior guitarist, had such a good sense of rhythm! Legendary band. :)

Oh, and Chickenfoot! Great band! They've only released two albums though, in 2009, and 2011.. There have been talks of doing a third album but no news yet,, but I'll be on the lookout. Yeah, I thought you'd like that since RHCP is your favorite band! :TU:

Here's another cool song by them!

Yes, Satriani is one of my favorite artists of all time, his shows are so great, and that entire set of live in Anaheim is available on youtube!

@The Moroccan Have you noticed that Satriani and the singer from La Mosca look a lot like each other? Haha I just realized that. :LOL:

I was thinking specifically the "Monster" era Michael Stipe! You know, "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" :LOL:
Great song, BTW!

Aaaah what a classic, I haven't listened to this since a long time. My cousin used to play it on his car's radio whenever I traveled with him. Credits to him for introducing me to such genres, mainly because he was a drummer in a rock/metal band

Aaaah what a classic, I haven't listened to this since a long time. My cousin used to play it on his car's radio whenever I traveled with him. Credits to him for introducing me to such genres, mainly because he was a drummer in a rock/metal band
I managed to find a video of them performing, at least one. Others could be named after the date and the time of the upload

They weren't famous, but they have qualified for the semi finals of Mawazine (you might have heard this name at least once, because it is one of the biggest music festivals in the world, well it used to be lol)

I managed to find a video of them performing, at least one. Others could be named after the date and the time of the upload

They weren't famous, but they have qualified for the semi finals of Mawazine (you might have heard this name at least once, because it is one of the biggest music festivals in the world, well it used to be lol)
This definitely sounds like a more psychedelic version of a Moroccan Faith no More! Thats cool your cousin got exposure with his band! :TU:

This definitely sounds like a more psychedelic version of a Moroccan Faith no More! Thats cool your cousin got exposure with his band! :TU:
That's crazy how you perfectly linked them to Faith no More, I have never thought about that haha.... Yeah, he did practice his passion at least.... Now that they have broken up (still friends though) each one has his own job...

I gotta ask him if he has some footage or recordings of their albums and share them with you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom