What are you listening to?

That's a great album @shareq01 from start to finish, very strong and clear sound.. Always thought Keane were talented! :TU:
And Critics like Pitchfork have the audacity to give the album a 4.1 and calling it it
"Adult Alternatives Favs follow their surprise hit debut with another album of portentous clichés and earnest singing"

Sometimes Music critics, they never fail to surprise me
But I never liked Pitchfork before anyways but after seeing that they gave Under the Iron Sea a 4. Yeah not taking them seriously ever again

Pitchfork stand for everything I dislike about modern pop culture. They over-intellectualize everything, and try to appear epic and wordy when in fact, they suck out all the joy and emotion out of music. I can't stand those guys, hahahaha. :LOL:

I much prefer Allmusic! I agree with their reviews a lot more. They seem to cover a lot more ground than that other website, and are not pretentious at all. :TU:

check this out: https://www.allmusic.com/album/under-the-iron-sea-mw0000448695

Pitchfork stand for everything I dislike about modern pop culture. They over-intellectualize everything, and try to appear epic and wordy when in fact, they suck out all the joy and emotion out of music. I can't stand those guys, hahahaha. :LOL:
I agree with you a lot, they just try to sound smart with their reviews but in the end it just ends up sounding like some different words next to each other meanwhile the sentence after it just talks about how the album is supposedly bad and no real elaboration on why
Does one guy write all of their music reviews? It just looks like that from what I have seen.. always strangely pessimistic and whatnot but I hope that isn't the case

Does one guy write all of their music reviews? It just looks like that from what I have seen.. always strangely pessimistic and whatnot but I hope that isn't the case
Haha I really don't know I think it's different people who write the reviews, but I stopped paying attention to those guys years ago. :LOL:

Did you check out allmusic? I think they are so much better. They cover so much ground, for example here is Jimi Hendrix entire discography, reviewed by them:

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/jimi-hendrix-mn0000354105/discography

These guys, IMO, are the best out there. :TU:

Excelente amigo pincha! Nice mix of Classic Rock/Pop! I'll be checking this station out some more! :TU:

Saludos desde Bogota!

Hola amigo azul! :BSCARF: Don't you hesitate! It's a radio station completely about classics songs, and some new ones, but with the same style. The "Aspen Night" is the best segment for my, with all the classic and "lentos", how do we say here hahaha.

I'm re-playing for the millionth time the video of the concert Ligabue had in Reggio Emilia in 2005. I was there (with another 180'000 people) and, despite the acoustic being far from perfect that night, some of those moments still give me shivers after 15 years.

By the way, listening to some Cardigans right now.

Wow man, talking about a proper nostalgia trip. Smells like middle school and old MTV, where the M still made some sense :CRY:

Was this any prominent in your countries during the early 90s? According to Wikipedia it was only in Greece, Spain and South America.

As far as I know it strangely never took root in Italy, I say strangely cause there are countless similar hits that made it here :)

Was this any prominent in your countries during the early 90s? According to Wikipedia it was only in Greece, Spain and South America.

I couldn't remember it, to be honest, just from the title.
For sure I remember a Chimo Bayo song which lyrics were "Extasy Extano", which was popular also here in Italy... And to my surprise it is exactly this!

Of course I was just too little to remember having listened to it at the radio (let alone at the disco) as I'm from 1985 but I got to know it afterwards. I just didn't remember the title. 😁

...talking 'bout videogame soundtracks... This is what I'm listening to right now:

A song from this album is featured in PES 2017 (I believe it is "In my head"), but thanks to that I discovered "Runaway" which is the one I listen to the most (and which pretty much sums up my day today, I must say... Especially the part saying "anywhere out this place").

And since we're talking about soundtracks: honourable mention for a song that I was listening to, by chance, while commuting this morning and which I had completely removed from my memory (which is featured in an old FIFA game, 2003 I think):

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom