What are you listening to?

Brother rockstrong, are you ready to testifyyyyy? Great to know you are a fan as well!

Yeah, they sure were "dangerous" for the powers that be at the time. They were affiliated with John Sinclair, the leader of the White Panthers (white revolutionary people supporting and sharing Black Panther's ideals). Such a fantastic band that didn't last long but still managed pave the way for all the other gritty bands that came afterwards. Have you seen the documentary "MC5: A True Testimonial"? Really good stuff:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0333847/

Yes, they were married and had two children together, both of them playing presently in Patti Smith's band :) I actually just saw her live 2 weeks ago in Budapest, let me share some photos:

View attachment 129055 View attachment 129056
View attachment 129057
The guy with the hat playing guitar and the other lady (pianist) to the right of him in the last photo are their children. Both great musicians.

Yeah, that was a weird angle ehehe. Tickets were sold out and they ended up opening the organ seats behind the stage at the last minute so we got the chance to get hold of some tickets. Never ever had experienced watching a gig from the back of the stage.

I need to get into The Hellacopters. I have heard good things about them and actually liked the few thing's I've heard (I saw some footage them playing in some MC5 tribute I think, or maybe just the singer) but never really had a chance to give them a good listen. What do you recommend me from their discography as starter?
Nice to see ,great pics brother.
I'd recommend all the Hellacopters albums ,the first two were a bit more punky ,but my favourite Is "High visibility" you can hear Sonic's/MC5/Roky influences very well on that album.
To me they're one of the greatest rockbands ever.
I searched for years for one of their live recordings made by the great John Peel and his "Peel sessions" finally found it ,the vocals arent the best here ,but it's a great recording.
From my YouTube

And a recording they made for the Swedish radio with invited people during the farewell tour in -08
A tour I saw.

Bros, if I may.. I love the Hellacopters! I would recommend you start with the albums "High Visibility" and "By The Grace of God", you really can't go wrong with any of those two albums

I love so many of their songs.. Here's one of my favorites :TU:

Yeah ,two stunning albums.
High visibility is my go to album.
Insane how good it is

I think I'm the guy in the movie "Und täglich grüsst das Murmeltier". I'm listening Röyksopp again. 🤓🥰🤪

I think I'm the guy in the movie "Und täglich grüsst das Murmeltier". I'm listening Röyksopp again. 🤓🥰🤪
Is that "groundhog Day"?
Hope you do don't watch that dubbed mate ,that would be a crime Vs humanity.
Ps it's called "måndag hela veckan" where in from (monday all week/week of Mondays)

Is that "groundhog Day"?
Hope you do don't watch that dubbed mate ,that would be a crime Vs humanity.
Ps it's called "måndag hela veckan" where in from (monday all week/week of Mondays)
Yes it is "Groundhog Day" I was a little bit busy so because of that I didn't googled for it. And, ok I will not, or maybe yes... Mei Ingläsch ist wärie bätt... :BORED:

PS: it was more belong to what I'm listening to. And yea Röyksopp last listening was this summer or so. A n d I c a n ' t s t o p i t :CALM:

This band.. from Spain, Valencia. Sadly not known much out of Spain, this album is inspired by 70s stuff.. but it is definitely not the typical 70s sound. It is definitely more Soft/Pop rock.

Main guy in the band said this:
Papu: “The sound of the 80s doesn't exactly blow our minds. I see them colder; more beastly drum machines, digital input, reverbs ... With our music I think we are looking for just the opposite. We are totally in the 70s ”

Do any of you know them? Perhaps @drekkard , I think he is from Spain, so perhaps he would have heard of them as they are known in Spain. I think if you are looking for a pop sounding album with 70s influence and riffs, then this is very good.

@millossobek You might like this album.
Sorry for the late reply! Havent heard from them, but I will give them a shot tomorrow while working qt home 😁

Sorry for the late reply! Havent heard from them, but I will give them a shot tomorrow while working qt home 😁
I am a bit surprised you haven't heard of them since I thought they were at least somewhat big in Spain, hmm but I myself am replying a bit late almost 3 days late... in some time the Kyiv match starts.. and How did you find the album?

Help me everyone!!! I have a little survey about MUSIC STREAMING SERVICES and I need about 6 people who using a music streaming service (Spotify, Apple music, etc. ), help me to answer these 14 questions of the survey by using voice recorder (or voice call). Because I'm still studying English in college so I need u to have American or British accents. I must finish it in this week otherwise my teacher will kill me😭😭

I am a bit surprised you haven't heard of them since I thought they were at least somewhat big in Spain, hmm but I myself am replying a bit late almost 3 days late... in some time the Kyiv match starts.. and How did you find the album?
I don't hear or follow local news, never watch "old" TV and never listen to the radio, so they could be big in Spain and I wouldn't know them anyway, I live quite isolated from all that. I live in my family bubble, with netflix/amazon and spotify to cover my entertainment needs. In terms of music, we share a lot of bands at the studio and listen to so many things that maybe I heard them before and I can't remember it :)

Back
Top Bottom