What are you listening to?

dessa-badly-broken-code.jpg

Brilliant.

28tw2dj.jpg

Very good, chilled out and reminds me a lot of Kid Cudi's more mellow songs.

Yeah loving that album been listening to it all week, many people are criticizing it but I think overall it grows on you over time and it's one of my favorite albums this year. My favorite tracks are Thank me Now, Up all night and Karaoke.

What are your other favourite albums of the year, Matt? Wouldn't mind getting some more new stuff.

Honestly this year for Hip Hop and R'n'B there haven't really been that many great albums, I think KiD CuDi and Drake have released the very top albums. Honestly I like B.o.B's new album but I only liked 2 or 3 songs off that album. I don't know if you enjoy R'n'B Dags but the new album 'Fan of a Fan' by Tyga & Chris Brown is decent which is a mix of RNB and rap. Chris Brown actually raps which is nice to see him do something different to what he's use to. Also have a listen to Chiddy Bang's new mixtape 'Air Swell' they have a few good songs which a good beat. Other than that have a listen to Kidz In The Hall they have a good new album called "Land of make believe" Which also has a few good tracks.

But as I said there hasn't been many good complete albums this year, but if you want I'll link you up to some individual tracks, such as Kanye West's new single (which is fantastic by the way). But I see on Last.Fm we have very similar tastes as well, good to see someone who enjoys a mix of genres from Acoustic, Rock all the way to Hip Hop.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've got quite a wide range of tastes and I'm in my hip-hop mood at the moment :)

Not sure on Chris Brown to be honest, but I'll check it anyway and see what I think.

Haven't heard Kanye's new track yet, is it on a mixtape or something? I've also got the Kidz album but not listened to it properly yet, I should get around to that.

You heard Doomtree's album? I got put onto that a few days ago and it's pretty good.

Yeah I downloaded that along with another album last week but have been caught up with exams. But that Kidz in the hall album is pretty good, the song "Take on the world" is really nice as it features a white artist who uses his voice then the rap they add to it after has a great beat.

If you are looking for some hardcore hip hop then tryout 'Clipse' I particularly like the songs Virginia, Freedom and Kinda like a big deal with kanye West.

YouTube - Kanye West - Power

If you like this new single of his, I'll kindly link you up via PM have had it for several weeks now!

Cheers Matt, will check it out later :TU:

Edit: Wasn't too keen on the Kanye tune until about halfway through and it became decent.

Ten minutes later and I'm still singing the beat in my head :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Matt, will check it out later :TU:

Edit: Wasn't too keen on the Kanye tune until about halfway through and it became decent.

Ten minutes later and I'm still singing the beat in my head :LOL:

Wasnt fond of it at first as well but it eventually grew on me. What they should do is make the "wooaw" sound less noticable, only thing that i dislike.

And yeah rune loving the song with my wife rihanna.

I'm not even going to bother with Eminem's new album. A bit bored of his lyrics and general style now. He just talks about the same stuff over and over.

I'd actually say he's regressed during his career and he was at his peak at the start.

I'm not even going to bother with Eminem's new album. A bit bored of his lyrics and general style now. He just talks about the same stuff over and over.

I'd actually say he's regressed during his career and he was at his peak at the start.

Was thinking about this the other day (as you do!) - I've never been a big fan, especially not these days, but I think these sort of acts get a bit sad as they get older.

He should have got out when he had peaked and carried on acting or something else - probably producing.

Does anybody want to here someone who's nearly 40 'dissing the hood' and 'hanging wit da homebois'...

Back
Top Bottom