What are you listening to?

Never really saw Bauhaus as Goth. Pete Murphy was a bit dark, driving around Northampton in his hearse, but it wasn't really until Alien Sex Fiend, Specimen, Virgin Prunes, etc. that the term 'goth' came in. Most of the people who were part of the scene in Manchester in the early 80's got pretty pissed off if you labelled them a 'goth'. The ones who didn't mind it so much were the late arrivals that got into that music through watching Sisters of Mercy on TOTP. People even used to call the Birthday Party 'goth' too.

Never really saw Bauhaus as Goth. Pete Murphy was a bit dark, driving around Northampton in his hearse, but it wasn't really until Alien Sex Fiend, Specimen, Virgin Prunes, etc. that the term 'goth' came in. Most of the people who were part of the scene in Manchester in the early 80's got pretty pissed off if you labelled them a 'goth'. The ones who didn't mind it so much were the late arrivals that got into that music through watching Sisters of Mercy on TOTP. People even used to call the Birthday Party 'goth' too.
Come on Bela Lugosi's Dead is not a Goth anthem...
and you take that back about The Birthday party... :P I have all of Specimen's records including White labels and most of Alien Sex Fiend's too, they are still some of my all time favorite tracks...

You being into the music you are, we've probably met. Did you go to Manchester a lot? When I was a kid I had a nickname because of a t-shirt I used to wear. People called me 'Batman'.
Which clubs did you go to?

Michael Jackson - Bad (Special Edition)

5165PLmqPLL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

1. Bad
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Speed Demon
4. Liberian Girl
5. Just Good Friends - Michael Jackson, Britten, Terry
6. Another Part of Me
7. Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson, Garrett, Siedah
8. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
11. Leave Me Alone
12. Streetwalker
13. Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu (I Just Can't Stop Loving You) - Michael Jackson, Blades, Ruben
14. Fly Away

-------------------

CLASSIC album, fantastic tracks, an all-time favourite of mine :D

You know it's a classic when you're still listening to it 21 years after first hearing it :SHOCK:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom