What are you listening to?

👩‍🚀👨‍🚀🌍🌏🌎🚀🛰️
Man, I love The Alan Parsons Project. I first heard Sirius as a kid, in the epic 90's Chicago Bulls Intros, and that opened the door to a whole world of great music..

For now, I'll show you guys what I'm talking about.. "From North Carolina.. At Guard.. 6'6.. Michael Jordan!"

let me just add one thing real fast... and this video is just an example...

the lyrics of a song are more important to me than the melody of a song. that being said, soooooo many songs from the 80's or older that have so much wise words and sentences in them. songs had a message, sometimes put in words that i could never find. sure, the english language is kinda predetermed for that kinda stuff. i love german music too, but songs in english can be so... :LOVE:
anyway... while we are at it, here is an old german song with one of the most peotic lyrics! plain beauty!!

i can think of our english fellas not understanding a word so here are the translated lyrics:
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/sonne-der-nacht-sun-night.html
Sun by night
Dreams have awoken
Fire in the volcano
The two of us in each other's arms
Dew on hot sand
Uncharted territories
Sun by night
What have you done?

Only for the moment
That's how it was intended
That's all I wanted from you
Now you're lying next to me
My heart in your hand
And the moment turns into a lifetime

Sun by night
Dreams have awoken
Fire in the volcano
Dew on hot sand
Uncharted territories
Sun by night
What have you done?

Gazes touching each other
Without saying a word

And the mind is losing its mind
Bodies yielding
To nothing but feelings
Cold and loneliness have been banished

Dew on hot sand
Uncharted territories
Sun by night
What have you done?

Sun by night
Dreams have awoken
Fire in the volcano
Dew on hot sand
Uncharted territories
Sun by night
What have you done?

Sun by night
Dreams have awoken
Fire in the volcano
Dew on hot sand
Uncharted territories
Sun by night
How did you do that?
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/sonne-der-nacht-sun-night.html
edit: goose bumps when i just read the lyrics!

edit2: yes, i admit, i can be a very sensitive and emotional person (who still can rock da shXX if i feel like it)! :D

Last edited:
@Buzzy I'm trying to read something into the song title and last night :LOL: Still at least it wasn't the theme from MASH! :LOL:
"I get on my knees and pray, we don't get fooled again" :)) and yes Mash, would be fitting :LOL:

Here's another one i heard back in 2004 on the radio, after Portugal dumped us out at the quarter final (Sol Campbell ET Ghost goal :()

The lyrics are bang on, when you think of being an England fan :(

One of my most wtf moments.
Went to see Graveyard at a festival here in Malmö (2014),and in came Nicke from the Hellacopters.
Can't beat this cover of "gotta get some action(now)"

Love the Hellacopters! Here is a band that last.fm recommended to me, similar to them, called The Flaming Sideburns. I guess Scandinavians really love their retro 70s rock!

Are you listening to any Rory Gallagher/Taste/Stevie Ray Vaughan?
Man...
For a more modern take ,The Black Keyes
Definitely bro, I also like the more modern electric blues. Rory Gallagher/SRV..

The Black Keys are a great band, I also love Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales, Aynsley Lister, Julian Sas..

Check out this Bonamassa version of Robert Johnson's "Walking Blues"! :TU:

Definitely bro, I also like the more modern electric blues. Rory Gallagher/SRV..

The Black Keys are a great band, I also love Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales, Aynsley Lister, Julian Sas..

Check out this Bonamassa version of Robert Johnson's "Walking Blues"! :TU:
Great stuff , Walking blues is a killer track ,Joe sure knows how to play:)

I'm a big fan of Cactus as well ,those guys killed it back in the 70s.

Back
Top Bottom