Wardogs [PC now, PS5/XBX later]

but i mean not the hot time moving circle.

I mean the "first" point where you have to capture
You don't have to capture points in the sense that they are scattered over the entire map. This is where I feel a bit confused about the game - the maps are fairly big, but you end up seeing the same scenery on the way to the action circle over and over because it doesn't really change its position dramatically from what I can tell. So a huge amount of each map exists for no reason right now.

Hopefully season 2 and 3 will make more use of the map.

In the action circle, there's the hot zone (which moves) and four towers, which can control a drill which moves the hot zone in a certain direction. But do you "capture" those towers? In a way, I suppose, but it's not like capturing zones in Battlefield.
 
i saw in many videos the "towers" and i know the mechanics that you have to go with more players into the "zone" than others to get points/money BUT it thought that these points (towers) are also bigger buildings or other buildings and not only these towers. Or maybe little towns with a few buildings

i thought the game just Pick a random point on the whole map, let the team go in and further add at this point a hot (moving) circle but when its for now only these towers.....hmm
 
Last edited:
so i cant find a real answer and the 2 hours at steam before i can refund is too short for this game.
Are these Zones always this Tower or also other places? 🤣🤣
 
so i cant find a real answer and the 2 hours at steam before i can refund is too short for this game.
Are these Zones always this Tower or also other places? 🤣🤣
🤪 Told you multiple times: no, it’s not always the tower!! You decide where to build the FOB!!!

It’s the last time though. Ask AI, watch videos… all the best to you, Ciao.
 
🤪 Told you multiple times: no, it’s not always the tower!! You decide where to build the FOB!!!

It’s the last time though. Ask AI, watch videos… all the best to you, Ciao.
but what i saw now in a video the FOB only pulls the hot zone into its direction
 
but what i saw now in a video the FOB only pulls the hot zone into its direction
No. The FOB does not do that!! 🙄

It’s really not that hard to understand.

ChatGPT:
  1. In regards to wardogs:so i cant find a real answer and the 2 hours at steam before i can refund is too short for this game.Are these Zones always this Tower or also other places? 🤣🤣



  2. ChatGPT:​

    If you mean “are the Control Zones always centered around the samekind of tower/building?” — nope 😂

    The current WARDOGS setup has different possible Control Zone locations, depending on the map and the rolled variant. For example, Bakurani has variants around places such as Farmland and Lumberyard, while Ozeti has variants including Church and River. The towers are objective points within the active zone, rather than the entire map always being “that one tower.” W
    favicons
    Wardogs Zone+1

    So basically:
    • 🗺️ Large battlefield → lots of differentterrain, settlements, industry, etc.
    • 🔵 Control Zone → one area selectedfor that match.
    • 🗼 Towers → objective points associatedwith the active zone.
    • 🔥 Hot Zone → a smaller objective area that adds extra pressure/rewards.
    There are currently multiple maps too, including Bakurani, Ozeti and Zestafona, so you definitely aren't going to be fighting around the exact same tower every game. W
    favicons
    WARDOGS Wiki

    And yeah, 2 hours is brutal for figuring this game out before the Steam refundwindow closes 🤣. The game apparentlydoesn't do a great job explaining the tower system either; there's even a recent Steam discussion from someone who'd played extensively and still wasn't sure how towers worked. S
    favicons
    steamcommunity.com


    W
    favicons
    W
    favicons
    S
    favicons
    Quellen

  3. Du:​

    But one does not have to build fob at towers?!


  4. ChatGPT:​

    Exactly! 😂 You do NOT have to buildyour FOB at a tower.

    The FOB can be placed pretty much anywhere (except your HQ), and it creates its own build area. S
    favicons
    Shacknews+1

    The important distinction is:
    • 🏗️ Normal FOB: Build it whereverit's tactically useful — town, hill, road, near the Control Zone, etc.
    • 🗼 Tower FOB: Useful because towershave the special drill/code mechanic for pulling the Hot Zone toward that position.
    • 🛢️ Your own drill: You can also build a drill at a normal FOB, so you're not dependent on a tower to influence the Hot Zone. R
      favicons
      Reddit+1
    So if you're thinking “Wait, why is everyone obsessed with putting FOBs on these towers?” — they're using the tower for itsspecial strategic mechanic, not because the game requires FOBs to be there.

    And yes: you can absolutely build a FOBin some random useful location andturn it into your own little fortress.
Edit: why am I still answering?! 🤷‍♂️
 
Was going to buy this at the weekend as was away during launch.
However my mate has put me off massively at this moment.

He said the cash system in the game means that game is effectively play to win.
Obviously the more you play the better you get but he said it is such a bad experience now for anyone who wants to join the game.
Everyone who has been playing since launch have now unlocked pretty much all the best weapons and sniper rifles with thermal scopes so any new players are outright east targets.
He did state that the game is going to wipe every month and just wait for the next wipe but he has stated he feels it is too easy to get money in the game and unlock the better items.

Is this what is going on at the moment and it would be best to just wait for the 1st data wipe?
 
Was going to buy this at the weekend as was away during launch.
However my mate has put me off massively at this moment.

He said the cash system in the game means that game is effectively play to win.
Obviously the more you play the better you get but he said it is such a bad experience now for anyone who wants to join the game.
Everyone who has been playing since launch have now unlocked pretty much all the best weapons and sniper rifles with thermal scopes so any new players are outright east targets.
He did state that the game is going to wipe every month and just wait for the next wipe but he has stated he feels it is too easy to get money in the game and unlock the better items.

Is this what is going on at the moment and it would be best to just wait for the 1st data wipe?
Is that not great though? So instead of new players being permanently targeted and it being a waste of time for them, they get a level playing field every month? Unlike every other game ever released (try playing Call of Duty after a month - not that I'd want to).

It's referred to as a "dad shooter" and there are custom servers designed to keep out unemployed "sweat" players for precisely these reasons. They have made these design decisions very consciously.

My only issue is that the way to coin it in is to play the game in a really boring way (e.g. drive back and forth for an hour ferrying players, spot helicopters all game by sitting still in a house and looking around for an hour, etc.) - I quite like it, but I know a few who've given up because it seems more like work than fun (but I'm a Football Manager player).

That and I don't get why the map is so big when so little of it is ever used (well, I know it's huge to make traversal long enough that the taxi services are required, but it seems a shame so much of it is pointless). But season 2/3 will supposedly have big changes.
 
just played the game this morning but have done a refund after the 2 hours steam play time.

Its just like : Go to the Tower, build high walls and wait :-D
 
Was going to buy this at the weekend as was away during launch.
However my mate has put me off massively at this moment.

He said the cash system in the game means that game is effectively play to win.
Obviously the more you play the better you get but he said it is such a bad experience now for anyone who wants to join the game.
Everyone who has been playing since launch have now unlocked pretty much all the best weapons and sniper rifles with thermal scopes so any new players are outright east targets.
He did state that the game is going to wipe every month and just wait for the next wipe but he has stated he feels it is too easy to get money in the game and unlock the better items.

Is this what is going on at the moment and it would be best to just wait for the 1st data wipe?
Season 1 is a month. Devs said that may not be final and later seasons may be extended.
 
So bought the game yesterday and played 8 hours worth now.

The game is way better than BF but has does have some balancing issues.

I am not a massive fan of the economy thing and it really annoys me in BF.
The more you play the better you get and the better guns you get - So anyone new to the game you are basically going to be Canon Fodder.
The early level guns, especially the free one you will be lucky to get a kill or two.

Heli's although realistic are just overpowered in the game - They easily mow down a whole team of about 15 players without getting a dent.

It seems that although the game is very different and better than BF, I should of waited for the 1st wipe as the game is a not a level playing field in the slightest.

My main gripe with the game though is the length of the matches, this certainly isn't a pick up and play for 20/30 minutes.
The matches so far for me have lasted anything from 90 to nearly 2 and a half hours, with the majority getting boring 75% of the way through.
The issue obviously being that it becomes clear who is going to win half way through so the rest of the game it is just about trying to earn money and level up.
Another issue is cheating is pretty rife, 3 of the 4 games I played there were obvious cheaters - Headshot from 1KM with an assault rifle anyone?

Just like my feelings after the BETA, this game has a lot of potential but it is quite far away from hitting that potential at the moment.
I am sure by the time it leaves early access it will be very well polished and a more fun experience.
The problem like a lot of these games, I expect the PC player base will be pretty much dead before it is even on console.

Sorry about all the negativity - This is just pointing out the really negative parts of the game.
But the game is enjoyable but with quite a few flaws.

In it's current state it is a 6/10 game but 100% has potential to be an 8 or 9 out of 10 as much better than BF.
 
This game needs to sort out its anti cheat and quickly.

So far I have experienced more cheaters in this game than PUBG.
People shooting through walls, people shooting through metal containers, people head shooting you from 700m with a pistol.
 
So appears there is a cheating problem in the game but the devs are just banning people based on stats rather than detected cheats.

So if someone has a massive amount of kills to death ratio at the end of the game then they will get their account banned.
But they aren't able to ban players who are actually using cheats or hacks - Hence why the game in the matches I played is absolute rife with cheaters.

The devs need to sort this out soon or feel the player base will eventually jump ship.
 
So appears there is a cheating problem in the game but the devs are just banning people based on stats rather than detected cheats.
That's not true - for a start, two mates of mine had to change their BIOS settings in order for the cheat detection system to allow them in, so clearly there's a system beyond "banning people based on stats".

They're using multiple systems, but they have said they're using AI too (which always worries me) and that when players report others, it uses a blend of factors to determine if they're likely to be cheating or not. It's in early access too so it'll continue to be tweaked I'm sure.

I've not personally experienced any cheating yet - but then I'm spending almost every game just sat in a safehouse looking at stuff through my binoculars while teammates rocket them down, and it's starting to get a bit boring (especially when you have to be on the blue team, every, single, game, and the blue team simply never win).
 
That's not true - for a start, two mates of mine had to change their BIOS settings in order for the cheat detection system to allow them in, so clearly there's a system beyond "banning people based on stats".

They're using multiple systems, but they have said they're using AI too (which always worries me) and that when players report others, it uses a blend of factors to determine if they're likely to be cheating or not. It's in early access too so it'll continue to be tweaked I'm sure.

I've not personally experienced any cheating yet - but then I'm spending almost every game just sat in a safehouse looking at stuff through my binoculars while teammates rocket them down, and it's starting to get a bit boring (especially when you have to be on the blue team, every, single, game, and the blue team simply never win).

I am only going on what I found online after a quick Google and it seemed that they were only banning based on stats.
In the time I played, I have tried lots of different ways to play the game - Spotting people for other players to take them out is a great way to make money.
But I normally go with a group and chase the Hot Zone, yes you die quite a lot but least have some good gun fights, providing you aren't using the free gun.

The cheating I have experienced is at least 2/3 players a game doing it - My first experience was getting shot in the head with a one shot kill from 700m by some guy with an assault rifle. I then checked his stats and he had 74 kills and 1 death and then spent the next 5 minutes watching him kill lots of people with headshots.
The other times is one guy killing a squad of 8 by himself as he went Rambo into a room full of people and the other time was some guy who was shooting through walls and metal.
Probably was worse as well due to being a weekend when I purchased the game but they really need to find a fix for these exploits as their cheat system just isn't really working.

But yes, never be the Blue Team I have never seen them win either - 5/6 games I have played the Red Team has won.
They also need to find a way to balance the matches too as at the moment, I have yet to have a close game.
 
I am only going on what I found online after a quick Google and it seemed that they were only banning based on stats.
In the time I played, I have tried lots of different ways to play the game - Spotting people for other players to take them out is a great way to make money.
But I normally go with a group and chase the Hot Zone, yes you die quite a lot but least have some good gun fights, providing you aren't using the free gun.

The cheating I have experienced is at least 2/3 players a game doing it - My first experience was getting shot in the head with a one shot kill from 700m by some guy with an assault rifle. I then checked his stats and he had 74 kills and 1 death and then spent the next 5 minutes watching him kill lots of people with headshots.
The other times is one guy killing a squad of 8 by himself as he went Rambo into a room full of people and the other time was some guy who was shooting through walls and metal.
Probably was worse as well due to being a weekend when I purchased the game but they really need to find a fix for these exploits as their cheat system just isn't really working.

But yes, never be the Blue Team I have never seen them win either - 5/6 games I have played the Red Team has won.
They also need to find a way to balance the matches too as at the moment, I have yet to have a close game.
Did you report the player you where watching for 5 minutes?!

Witnessed a cheater last week myself. xxx yards headies…
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom