UEFA EURO 2016 France / Tournament schedule in 1. post

Fantastic win for Wales! It just shows the importance of having a good team spirit with solid tactics from a top manager :)

Shock win, on paper Belgium looks a mile ahead of Wales. The same Wales that couldn`t beat England and they sang 'Are you watching England' tongue-n-cheek.:CRY:

Ramsey plays better for Wales then his club imo same could be said about Alex Sanchez for Chile.

Portugal on paper is better then Wales .

Belgium is the most overrated national team in the recent years, the hype around them is because of their players who are now stars and active in top clubs, other than that, we've seen nothing that proves they're a top national team.

Congratulations for a well deserved victory, Wales.
We need a real coach.

And Bale wasn't even good....

Congratulations for a well deserved victory, Wales.
We need a real coach.

And Bale wasn't even good....

Bale did fine. Lovely ball to Ramsey for the second goal (which imo is goal of the tournament).

Thing is, as anybody with a brain will tell anybody, we have other players who are pretty decent and are pretty comfortable on the ball. The ones who aren't classed as that good work their nuts off. We are a team. Not a one man one that all the clueless bellends keep saying.

A longer reaction now.
I saw the match in a hospital on a very litle television screen, far from ideal to see much.

Belgium started very well, had some chances and then scored.
After the goal they should have gone for a second because at the time they were much stronger than Wales (Wales already had 3 yellow cards too).
But instead our team decided to play deeper and let the ball to Wales. Wales became better and better and when Williams scored, Courtois had already made2 very good saves. Glad for William that he scored, he's a very good player.

When i saw that Fellaini came in, i knew that we would loose. Marouane Fellaini is a good player, but a midfield of Witsel-Nainggolan-Fellaini is notvreative enough.

Of course all our injuries in defense didn't exactly help but Meunier, Jordan Lukaku and Denayer aren't good enough (don't understand that PSG bought Meunier, he's not good enough for that team). Not a single player of them has more than 10 caps.

Belgium lost against Italy and the next team that played 3-5-2 was Wales and they once again lost. Wilmots hasn't learned anything at all.

KDB had a bad (or rather not as good as usual) tournament and Belgium are nowhere.

I could rant a litle longer, but i won't bore you...

Wales have a real team and they deserved to win...

I hope they beat Portugal, because they showed nothing at this tournament (didn't even win a single match after 90 minutes), but the drama is that they will miss a couple of important players...i really would like to see them play the final...well done Coleman, this is a real coach.

good match! but that penalty shootout was embarrassing .It was the defense that shot w/ confidence and belief.

POR-WAL
GER-FRA/ICE ...personally wud luv WAL-ICE final.:PIRATE:

Bale did fine. Lovely ball to Ramsey for the second goal (which imo is goal of the tournament).

Thing is, as anybody with a brain will tell anybody, we have other players who are pretty decent and are pretty comfortable on the ball. The ones who aren't classed as that good work their nuts off. We are a team. Not a one man one that all the clueless bellends keep saying.

I have to agree that Bale played fine and that ball to Ramsey was fantastic although I think he can play better. Is it my imagination or has Bale lost some pace? Especially since his days at Spurs. He used to be able to knock the ball on and accelerate onto it, now it seems like he has the 'catch-up' bug. Maybe I under estimate how fast the defenders are.

I enjoyed the pen shoot out between Germany and Italy although I think the game itself was poor.

A bit i root for the underdogs...also a bit for Ronaldo to win something on international level since Messi, Ibra never won anything there...also for the hosts....and also for Germany to do the double. Whoever wins it, it will be really special now.

:D

Strange match yesterday (France-Germany).
France had a good start but then Germany took over. What i saw from Germany in the first half is by far the best football in the tournament...very, very impressive.

And then Hector gave away a corner and Schweinsteiger made that hands...it changed the match totally.

In the second half, Germany never where as good as before the penalty. France was better, but Germany had some bad luck with the finishing...

Thomas Muller had a match like his tournament: unlucky,unhappy, clumsily, out of position...

All in all Francedserved to go to the final, but ifi will remember one performance of this very weak tournament, it will be Germany's first half. Terrific!

Hope France wins it, because Portugal really don't deserve to win this tournament...

It seems Griezmann will be the star of the tournament. I like that, very good player with work ethics...

Yes the first half German play really stunning, with Kimmich and Hector positioning higher than Ozil and Draxler, make alot of problem, make Payet useless.

Surprised by Lloris, only Kimmich shoot can beat him

Last edited:
France had a good start but then Germany took over. What i saw from Germany in the first half is by far the best football in the tournament...very, very impressive.

And then Hector gave away a corner and Schweinsteiger made that hands...it changed the match totally.

In the second half, Germany never where as good as before the penalty. France was better, but Germany had some bad luck with the finishing...

Thomas Muller had a match like his tournament: unlucky,unhappy, clumsily, out of position...

All in all Francedserved to go to the final, but ifi will remember one performance of this very weak tournament, it will be Germany's first half. Terrific!

Hope France wins it, because Portugal really don't deserve to win this tournament...

It seems Griezmann will be the star of the tournament. I like that, very good player with work ethics...

"Portugal really don't deserve to win this tournament..."

Football, like any other sport, is not about justice, its about efficiency (France vs Germany is a good example).

If Portugal and France are in the final, its because they were the most efficient teams against their opponents.

If you lose a game, its because you failed more than your opponent .......if you lose a game, its because your opponent dont have failed and if failed you failed too because you dont have turn their fails into opportunities.

Portugal, like many other teams are playing a boring football (that's why this is probably the worst tournament in years), the teams are playing it secure because, its what this new format asks for. They have more fear to fail than more will to win...

Im not sayng this because im portuguese, yes, or football or the football that Fernando Santos implemented in our national team is really boring, im happy to be in the final but, nothing excited for this achievement and we have players to play a lot better but, is a efficient plan, that's why Santos is in the final and never lost a single official game since is Portugal manager.

And out of the pitch, if theres a nation that already deserves to win a big tournament is Portugal, for all that we already gave to football and in 7 participations in euros we made 5 semi-finals and 2 finals......for a country of this size is amazing.

Croatia and Belgium are other nations that in the future, if they continue the work they have been doing will deserve to win and they will win it for sure.

I said the very same thing! That Germany passing of the ball and recovering it so quickly..was the best I seen Germany play including the WC.

What's Griezmann's second nationality? anybody know? I doubt he's only French. The last name sounds German or something like that as well, doesn't it?

Obviously he moved to Spain as a young teenager and grew up in San Sebastian since we all remember he came up through the Real Sociedad youth system but I'm not talking about Spanish as a second nationality... I'm talking about his ethnic background.

What's Griezmann's second nationality? anybody know? I doubt he's only French. The last name sounds German or something like that as well, doesn't it?
It's from Alsace, east of France, you know PLF alot of people in the east have germanic names, that mean nothing, it's like Spanish names in south west or Italian in south east.
exemple, Morgan Schneiderlin born in Strasbourg (east).

Portuguese :D
Yes, from the maternal grandfather play for Paços de Ferreira but Antoine don't have second nationality, just French.

Last edited:
Nationality and bacground is realy pointless to judge in current world, in 20 years,,, maybe even now we can see already kids or grandchildren of immigrants from other countrys playing for aldeady their national teams from realy different backgrounds. National team succes from half will be about how many different background players the nts can pick from i believe and other half will be or is a mix of luck , will, and coach quality... Nts became pointless once a guy from different country can get any nationality...like from top of my head Deco, Pepe, Eder, etc....many examples exist.... But to discouss Griezmann and how much French he is just because his german sounding surname is funny.. Btw you also would never guess that Montolivo is half german because of his surname... ;) global world guys :) you cant become president of USA for not being born there, but you can play for any nt that wants your service if your grandparent is half the nationality or you obtain citizenchip...sport is usin this to much and it is the reality...that is why people cheer for Iceland...they are not just a small figting country, but they did it without any immigrants and their talents and quality...

Last edited:
France needs a real center forward
I still don't understand why Gignac instead of Benzema, Lacazette, Gameiro ...

Sissoko was really amazing tonight, I hope he will move to a bigger club

Benzema was punish for his involvement in the blackmail scheme . This had nothing to do w/ a better Striker ! Portugal won it w/ a ST that hardly got on, yet he won it ! It's futbol , the result matters. I'm happy for Ronaldo .

Back
Top Bottom