25 June, 15.00 (St-Etienne): Runner-up Group A v Runner-up C – Match 1
25 June, 18.00 (Paris): Winner B v Third-place A/C/D – Match 2
25 June, 21.00 (Lens): Winner D v Third-place B/E/F – Match 3

26 June, 15.00 (Lyon): Winner A v Third-place C/D/E – Match 4
26 June, 18.00 (Lille): Winner C v Third-place A/B/F – Match 5
26 June, 21.00 (Toulouse): Winner F v Runner-up E – Match 6

27 June, 18.00 (St-Denis): Winner E v Runner-up D – Match 7
27 June, 21.00 (Nice): Runner-up B v Runner-up F – Match 8

• For which third place team will play in each tie, see Article 17.03 of the Official Regulations (UEFA.com)

Quarter-finals
30 June, 21.00 (Marseille): Winner Match 1 v Winner Match 3 – QF1

1 July, 21.00 (Lille): Winner Match 2 v Winner Match 6 – QF2

2 July, 21.00 (Bordeaux): Winner Match 5 v Winner Match 7 – QF3

3 July, 21.00 (St-Denis): Winner Match 4 v Winner Match 8 – QF4

Semi-finals
6 July, 21.00 (Lyon): Winner QF1 v Winner QF2 – SF1

7 July, 21.00 (Marseille): Winner QF3 v Winner QF4 – SF2

Final
10 July, 21.00 (St-Denis): Winner SF1 v Winner SF2

Last edited:
Re: UEFA Euro 2016 France

Highlights of the 1st round

Greece - Romania
Switzerland - England
Austria - Sweden
Czech Republic - Netherlands
Norway - Italy​

not a chance. dont put any money on us. every team is stronger than us excpet Faroe Islands...

not in skills but we dont have any style to play in, some tactics we have now at least since our Captain is better than the last one(who just sent the best players in form up there hoping for a result) but still...our team doesnt have any characterism like british, latin, german teams and our FA dont want anything to do about it, to bring back the glory days where the key was the playing style, not skills or anything

Last edited:
Re: Road to UEFA Euro 2016 France

With all the respect, but most major countries have no hard groups (excluding Group I maybe). Ours for example is a must-win for a world championship winning team.

Belgium definitely looks to have won the lottery in this draw.

it's greece ridiculously again as it's always been since the euro 2004 win. both bosnia and belgium are better than any team in group F.

p.s. G & I look tough.

Last edited:

Group G is the most interesting group in my opinion. You never know with Russia, although they tend to do good in qualifiers but then disappoint at the tournaments. Sweden will be Ibra's last time for Sweden I suppose. Then you have Austria who have a solid team and Montenegro who seem to get closer to qualifying for a tournament every time. Moldova and Liechtenstein seem to be the whopping boys but if they can take a point of any of the teams mentioned they could influence the outcome of the entire group.

Last edited:

You're right, I quickly glanced at the image and I assumed the group names were at the top of the group.

Our group seems to be kinda easy although the Romanians are a strong team... Don't think we're really going to have a problem with the rest,plus finally a group not full of former Eastern Block nations (and from around there in general) :LOL: E.g. Latvia,we seemed to have them every qualifier!

Romania should be easy to beat for you, just like in the World Cup qualifiers. Romania lack that one top player.

Well,we also lack the ability to play actual football... The home match v. Romania was the only qualifying match we actually bothered to play. The rest... Yawn.

Our group seems to be kinda easy although the Romanians are a strong team... Don't think we're really going to have a problem with the rest,plus finally a group not full of former Eastern Block nations (and from around there in general) :LOL: E.g. Latvia,we seemed to have them every qualifier!

At least you have Finland now. We used to have them in every qualifier. Same goes for Ireland, got them again!

Before every draw me and the group of friends I'd be watching the draw with would say: Oh right,we're gonna get Bosnia AND Latvia again. Let's wait for the rest. :LOL:

I am more like Ferenc Puskas than new Fradi stadium. It has history, unique design. Fradi arena is just modern shit like all new stadiums.

well it will be the home of the NT until they renew the Puskás stadium. and i never been to any modern shit so im curious :D

Tonight we're playing France as a friendly, and it's a match that should give general insight on how team works under our new coach. We may seem like someone that's likely to proceed the group on paper, but you never know.

I'm not really worried about Denmark and I think we'll be able to handle them pretty well unless we grossly underestimate them. Portugal doesn't scare me, and I do think they are beatable on a good day, but that's my opinion based on their past performance. If they get their act together it will be much more difficult. Now the teams I'm really anxious about are Armenia and Albania. Armenia has some decent players and has played some pretty good football in previous qualifiers, and I see them as potential surprise. Wouldn't be surprised if they caught our boys off-guard and exited our matches with a win and a draw for example, much like Estonia in EURO 2012 qualifiers (I still get shivers when I think about those matches). Albania is arguably the weakest side in the group, but I'm pretty sure they're gonna tear themselves to pieces specially against us and maybe even get a home win against us. (Pretty sure we've got it covered in Belgrade, though).

I think it's pretty embarassing that we haven't been to EUROs since 2000, and we're hopefully gonna break that dry spell. We've got a decent group, not too hard, and if we don't manage to be in top three out of five, then we shouldn't go to EURO either way.

I was quite ipressed with Serbia when they played against Belgium in the WC Qualifiers.
The first 30 minutes of the matchin Serbia, we could have been 3-0down if not for a fantastic Courtois. When Belgium scored that was at that moment an undserved lead...

I was more impressed by Serbia than my Croatia and afterwards i've never seen a team dominate Belgium like that, not even Argentina at the WC.

I hope this goes to the Euro's i'm looking forward to watch them.

Very pleased with way we played, gave germany the win with horrible defending for 2nd goal, should have at least taken a draw with the chances.

disappointed as some of the decisions by the ref were abysmal, how drum stayed on and mulgrew sent off was a joke.

So freaking happy Albania won that. Paulo "Douchebag" Bento still has the courage to say "Shit happens, even when we're favourite, we had tons of opportunities to score bla bla bla bla bla".

Brilliant strike from Balaj.

Really great move from UEFA to change the format. Watched two entertaining matches in Hungary - Northern-Ireland (after watching first fifteen minutes of Georgia - Republic of Ireland) and then Germany - Scotland. And still four matches left to watch. (Russia - Liechtenstein, Spain - Macedonia, Azerbaijan - Bulgaria and Norway - Italy) I know UEFA are mostly doing it for more revenue, but from a fans perspective I like it a lot, I always bored myself to death during international breaks because everything was played on friday and nothing during the weekend.

not a chance. dont put any money on us. every team is stronger than us excpet Faroe Islands...

not in skills but we dont have any style to play in, some tactics we have now at least since our Captain is better than the last one(who just sent the best players in form up there hoping for a result) but still...our team doesnt have any characterism like british, latin, german teams and our FA dont want anything to do about it, to bring back the glory days where the key was the playing style, not skills or anything

I see, thanks for the explanation.

You're probably not happy with the result today. :II Hope the next game goes well for your country - an Eastern European derby it seems.

Last edited:

That crazy Bento is making me pull my hair out. In a normal situation he would leave now. But no. Instead he tries to make this a normal result. Only problem is not the result it self, but the way some Portugal players behave was simply unnaceptable. Still, Bento will choose them on the first eleven next game for sure.
Great goal though by Albania, and thanks to Pepe who was literaly sleeping instead of marking the only oponent in the box... Still, it was a nice move.

I see, thanks for explanation.

You're probably not happy with the result today. :II Hope the next game goes well for your country - an Eastern European derby it seems.

our whole FA can do me a favour :BOP:

well even if we would won this game, even then i would be dissapointed by how we played. i hope Romania will destroy us and everyone will resign. but probably they would only change manager and thats that, there is literally no one in our FA who understands football.

i just get upset myself thinking about our football so the story ends here :BRMM:

congrats to Northern Ireland btw, played a well organized football

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom