TV & Gaming Equipment Discussion

Sorry to interupt and maybe it is a problem of my country only. As we discuss in greek forums, the 1.01 requirement to enjoy the new gen consoles, is the HDMI 2.1 port in the TV set.

The problem (in my country at least, i do not know how it goes rest EU/world) at the moment is that there are very- very- very few TV models/sets with HDMI 2.1 and they are at the moment very expensive, in comparison to the current gen TVs in the market, carrying HDMI 2.0 IIRC.

Sorry to interupt and maybe it is a problem of my country only. As we discuss in greek forums, the 1.01 requirement to enjoy the new gen consoles, is the HDMI 2.1 port in the TV set.

The problem (in my country at least, i do not know how it goes rest EU/world) at the moment is that there are very- very- very few TV models/sets with HDMI 2.1 and they are at the moment very expensive, in comparison to the current gen TVs in the market, carrying HDMI 2.0 IIRC.

What about LG NANO85? What i know that is the cheapes HDMI 2.1 TVs on the market .

What about LG NANO85? What i know that is the cheapes HDMI 2.1 TVs on the market .
I checked in a Greek site and it is indeed the cheapest one in greek market.

The cost is affordable for a well paid single person, and you can always cut the cost in partition payment with credit card.

But i is still high, over 600+€. To give you an example, since salaries vary in the world economy, it is a little but more than twice my monthly rent for house.

I think we/I must way for better prices.

Despite this, thanks for the suggestion. It is pretty much what I will watch for.

I checked in a Greek site and it is indeed the cheapest one in greek market.

The cost is affordable for a well paid single person, and you can always cut the cost in partition payment with credit card.

But i is still high, over 600+€. To give you an example, since salaries vary in the world economy, it is a little but more than twice my monthly rent for house.

I think we/I must way for better prices.

Despite this, thanks for the suggestion. It is pretty much what I will watch for.

This year, 2021 line up of TV's a lot will have HDMI 2.1 , from TLC, Hisense and Vizio, but yeah, you can't expect same quality control and futures like LG has, but will be cheaper, so will be interesting in the next few months

Ahhh, i hate the original LG Magic Remote control....can't wait to get the new 2021 upgrade one , but unfortunately not yet sold separately ... at least I can't find

Last edited:
Have you thought about a universal programmable one, like the logitech’s?!
Or an app on the phone or tablet?!
Yes, I have the app on my phone, works fine, but you know.. you always first look for remote control :D, again if I have a chance to buy the new one, I will get it.

Let's revive this topic a bit, I love TVs ... in this line of thought, did any of you have access to the first OLED TV by Samsung, QDOLED S95B?
bg-oled-s95b-qe55s95batxxh-531925618.jpg

Last edited:
Let's revive this topic a bit, I love TVs ... in this line of thought, did any of you have access to the first OLED TV on Samsung QDOLED S95B?
bg-oled-s95b-qe55s95batxxh-531925618.jpg
A bit disappointed with the gaming tv development ,still only 100hz (not necessarily this one) but in general.
I switch between my 55 100hz and my 27 inch 1080 (144 Hz) and i actually prefer my gaming screen.

And what kinds of headsets do you guys use and why?
I have Razer Kaira pro wireless with Bluetooth for one of my xboxes.
And a pair of SteelSeries 1 wired for the other one (can't be arsed to sync and re sync all the time)

Both very good headsets ,prefer wireless ,and i was on the fence between those and Xbox OG Wireless.
The SteelSeries because the were very cheap ,but really good and extremely comfy with the ski goggle strap solution

It tends to be only LG who are really pushing the gaming TV aspect.

I know many people in racing games who use the 43" LG OLED.

A bit disappointed with the gaming tv development ,still only 100hz (not necessarily this one) but in general.
I switch between my 55 100hz and my 27 inch 1080 (144 Hz) and i actually prefer my gaming screen.
Its 120hz TV, but the panel itselff suport 144hz and you can unlock it on PC, if we still talk about S95B !

Its 120hz TV, but the panel itselff suport 144hz and you can unlock it on PC, if we still talk about S95B !
Ah ,I googled but came up with 100hz ,maybe a different model.
But in general it's low on most TVs ,people seems to prefer size Vs Hz/good picture I guess

Damn that's thin. The way my wife sneezes I'd be worried she'd snap it!
Yes, its thin as hell, its new OLED technology (QDOLED), different from that what LG use WOLED, that is way more brighter, with a bigger colour volume and longer life. Still is bit expensive for 65 " TV, I love to have it but I will wait the prices to go down.

Ah ,I googled but came up with 100hz ,maybe a different model.
But in general it's low on most TVs ,people seems to prefer size Vs Hz/good picture I guess
Depending on the TVs you watch, there is a wide range of TVs and classes, just like the monitors, there are 60,120,144hz panels. ! Samsung and Hisense sells this years high-end TVs on 144hz , with HDMI 2.1.

Im thinking of surprising my wife with a new 4k tv even though she doesn't watch tv. Im between a sony x90j or maybe splurge on 200$ more for a c1 lg oled.
Is the oled that much of an improvement?

Will it still look ok for 1080p games? Or will it look pretty much the same as my old panel. Although i have a dumb tv with no hdmi 2.1/ its 60hz/no hdr/vrr,etc

Im thinking of surprising my wife with a new 4k tv even though she doesn't watch tv. Im between a sony x90j or maybe splurge on 200$ more for a c1 lg oled.
Is the oled that much of an improvement?

Will it still look ok for 1080p games? Or will it look pretty much the same as my old panel. Although i have a dumb tv with no hdmi 2.1/ its 60hz/no hdr/vrr,etc
If you buy it mainly for gaming, C1 is the choice is the best gaming TV for 2021, and C2 is better with EVO PANEL, but maybe be more expensive. For me, X90J is good tv for SDR content, it's OK for HDR, but way overpriced. It's a regular LCD TV with maybe some dimming zones, it's not even mini-led... Hisense U8H is the best budget TV, you have really bright TV, 120 Hz, WIFI 6, and mini-led.

LG C1 OLED vs Sony X90J

Side-by-Side Comparison

Thanks I mean the x90k but im guessing its similar to the 90j? I'm a bit weary of the Hisense. Dont know if its good quality in the long run as this will be my primary tv. The hosense is just 100$ cheaper than c1 though
If you buy it mainly for gaming, C1 is the choice is the best gaming TV for 2021, and C2 is better with EVO PANEL, but maybe be more expensive. For me, X90J is good tv for SDR content, it's OK for HDR, but way overpriced. It's a regular LCD TV with maybe some dimming zones, it's not even mini-led... Hisense U8H is the best budget TV, you have really bright TV, 120 Hz, WIFI 6, and mini-led.

LG C1 OLED vs Sony X90J

Side-by-Side Comparison

If you could purchase oled.. buy one. I have samsung q70r more or less similiar to the x90j/k and lg c1. Even the glossy screen finish itself makes better perceived contrast which already good spec-wise.

My TV has now reached it's last legs with OLED burn now a massive issue - Bloddy Mrs watching Loraine in the morning and the Comedy Central logo from Friends.
It is perfectly watchable during football and movies and 95% of TV watching but certain things are an absolute pain - Simpsons is a mare as all the faces in the centre of screen have a green tindge to them.
It is an old LG 55" B17 I think? Anyway it is now time to replace.

I have read a few online reviews and found the LG55 C2 the best TV to probably get at this moment in time.
The C3 is coming out very shortly but not sure what they have changed to make it £800 more.

So the C2 is the most likely thing I will buy, unless someone has any other opinions or options.
I only want a 55", I think 65" is overkill and luckily for me Mrs doesn't care about size ;)

I was thinking about purchasing the TV again from John Lewis, however there warranty doesn't cover screen burn although when I purchased mine they said it did.
But there is no proof of this conversation, so my claim was denied.

So I don't know if Richer Sounds offer OLED burn support in their warranty or if the newer OLED's have protection against OLED burn.

If anyone has any recommedations then let me know and will purchase one over the Easter weekend.

My TV has now reached it's last legs with OLED burn now a massive issue - Bloddy Mrs watching Loraine in the morning and the Comedy Central logo from Friends.
It is perfectly watchable during football and movies and 95% of TV watching but certain things are an absolute pain - Simpsons is a mare as all the faces in the centre of screen have a green tindge to them.
It is an old LG 55" B17 I think? Anyway it is now time to replace.

I have read a few online reviews and found the LG55 C2 the best TV to probably get at this moment in time.
The C3 is coming out very shortly but not sure what they have changed to make it £800 more.

So the C2 is the most likely thing I will buy, unless someone has any other opinions or options.
I only want a 55", I think 65" is overkill and luckily for me Mrs doesn't care about size ;)

I was thinking about purchasing the TV again from John Lewis, however there warranty doesn't cover screen burn although when I purchased mine they said it did.
But there is no proof of this conversation, so my claim was denied.

So I don't know if Richer Sounds offer OLED burn support in their warranty or if the newer OLED's have protection against OLED burn.

If anyone has any recommedations then let me know and will purchase one over the Easter weekend.

I recently bought a 48c2 and I absolutely love it.
I am couch PC gamer and it makes wanders as a gaming monitor but it is also a really good TV.
Just the sound of my particular model isn't great. It is ok/good but not great.

I have a Sony OLED, the 65" A90J, which was the bees knees at the time (highest peak brightness, best motion and upscaling). But it has major drawbacks.

I had an LG C1 briefly, which has far better input management (the HDMI board inside the LG is custom-made and can handle the bandwidth of 4K, Dolby Vision, VRR, 120hz and surround sound all at the same time, whereas the Sony one makes you choose which functions you need because it can't handle them all).

However, LG's motion handling and upscaling on UK TV inputs (either natively through the built-in tuner, or through a Sky/BT box which is what we all use nowadays) was really poor compared to Sony's, which is AI-assisted.

Just an example - on Only Connect (BBC show), during the quiz wall bit, there's an animated circular graphic that rotates behind the contestants. On the LG, it would start applying a motion filter to it after a second or so and it wouldn't know how to handle it, so it would start moving in a really choppy fashion, flickering and flashing. It looked awful, filled most of the screen and looked really distracting.

It's something to do with PAL vs NTSC. Either way, on the Sony A90J that doesn't happen. BUT... I've noticed a recent firmware update has messed it up a bit, and when I watch the football now, you can see parts of the pitch where players are moving slowly appear to be running at 20fps while the rest of the picture moves at 30fps. It's bizarre, and it didn't do it before this year.

I recommended an LG C2 to my parents and the picture is absolutely STUNNING, the colour out of the box is pretty much perfect. Every time I see it, I'm jealous - and for gaming, there's nothing better. I wish I had that TV.

But... It's not very bright. In a light room, you genuinely can't see the screen too well. And it still doesn't play well with a UK TV signal - I see lots of strange jerky transitions when people on the screen move too quickly, that doesn't happen on the Sony.

So 1) do a bit of research into what the TV motion is like with UK broadcasts before you commit (if it's primarily a TV to watch TV on, not gaming) - you can usually find this kind of info on TV discussion forums like AVForums and AVSForums (two different places), just Google e.g. "LG C2 owners thread" and you'll get TONS of real-world feedback on the TV...

...and 2) if it's going in a bright room, get a QD-OLED or similar cos you'll need it to watch TV during the day. Unless you're prepared to shut the curtains every time you want to watch it.

EDIT: And as Pap says above, prepare for the sound to be fairly poor on any of them. Get yourself a decent soundbar to go with it so that you can actually hear what people are saying - it makes the world of difference (upfiring Dolby Atmos soundbars are great). But Google the name of the TV and soundbar together first, just to see if anyone is complaining that they don't work together (which can be an issue).

Last edited:
Thanks peeps, will look at what genuine people state about the C2.
I don't need to worry about the sound as noticed sound on all TV's are shit these days, so bought a Samsung Q900 Atmos Soundbar a couple of years ago during the Currys promotion price glitch.
Although the sound bar is wasted with Virgin Media compared to Sky Q, as no Dolby Atmos with Virgin and really shit upscalling to 5.1

@bsmaff It's not worth waiting and paying more money for the C3 because there isn't any significant difference to the C2 in terms of performance and features. If you come across a good price for C2 and 65" don't think twice and take it :)
The C4 will have MLA like the G3, but you'll hardly have to wait another year.

If you like your TV reviews extremely in depth, I watched this review on the G3 this morning. Does some good coverage on the gaming side as well, mainly from an XSX perspective.

Thanks peeps, will look at what genuine people state about the C2.
I don't need to worry about the sound as noticed sound on all TV's are shit these days, so bought a Samsung Q900 Atmos Soundbar a couple of years ago during the Currys promotion price glitch.
Although the sound bar is wasted with Virgin Media compared to Sky Q, as no Dolby Atmos with Virgin and really shit upscalling to 5.1
@bsmaff - did you end up getting a new TV then?

@bsmaff - did you end up getting a new TV then?

No, called John Lewis and the contractor guy came out and stated the TV has actual panel damage and not OLED burn.
Although it does have OLED burn in a couple of places, there is discoloration in quite a few places which isn't consistent with OLED burn.

It is with the repair company now who are trying to source a new panel.
If they are unable to get one then John Lewis will replace it with a newer TV of the same spec, so has to be an OLED but will most likely be the C1 or if I am lucky then the C2.

Back
Top Bottom