Tournament Discussion Thread (ex - Exploratory Thread for eFootball Evo-Web Online Games)

This is just a one of suggestions.

Let's try to begin with the friendly matches by authentic teams.
In the framework of 2JLeague for example.

Positives:
Fully available league for frendly matches.
Fully licensed league (faces, boots, kits etc), licensed ball.
Licensed adboards for some stadiums.
Low level of team stats = temperate speed of gameplay.

One of the rules:
Let's do not turn off the replays and cut scenes.
its like clean and peaceful place This will be like a dream like sokratis playing for Olympiakos for example but to be serious highlights are good for manual players it can let you see your fault

You could also use your dream team but have certain restrictions. i.e. 1 90+ player in the team sheet, 2 80+ players and the rest less than 80. Playing against each other you could have a cursory squad check before kick off to make sure no one is breaking the rule and as long as well behave like adults shoun't be an issue. Means you can develop a squad but on matchday you are limited to 1 superstar in the team and a core squad of decent players. Keeps the team building bit which I enjoy, introduces a bit of strategy i.e. which position do you play your superstar etc but without the spamming. Would be up to the player whether to build their squad organically or use the cards but means there is some levelling out on matchday keeping it balanced.

The other advantage of the ladder mentioned in my earlier post is you don't need a minimum number. Can start it straight away and new joiners start at the bottom and work their way up.

You could also use your dream team but have certain restrictions. i.e. 1 90+ player in the team sheet, 2 80+ players and the rest less than 80. Playing against each other you could have a cursory squad check before kick off to make sure no one is breaking the rule and as long as well behave like adults shoun't be an issue. Means you can develop a squad but on matchday you are limited to 1 superstar in the team and a core squad of decent players. Keeps the team building bit which I enjoy, introduces a bit of strategy i.e. which position do you play your superstar etc but without the spamming. Would be up to the player whether to build their squad organically or use the cards but means there is some levelling out on matchday keeping it balanced.

The other advantage of the ladder mentioned in my earlier post is you don't need a minimum number. Can start it straight away and new joiners start at the bottom and work their way up.
I definitely like the idea of being able to develop your own team and players as the competition unfolds. It could make all of this a more immersive experience. With the necessary restrictions applied of course, like you mention. Good idea!

Something last before we start running the processes for the tournament. Since we choose the ladder system, can each player, for convenience, select any team they desire from the "match - authentic" menu. The question is, in order to make it fairer in terms of player statistics, should we activate the "Uniform Ratings for Players" from the settings, as is usually done in official tournaments? This means that even if you select the weakest team, it will have statistics similar to Bayern - Barcelona, etc. What do you say?

And most likely, based on what you wrote, the tournament will be played with full manual passing and shooting.

When I was writing, I hadn't seen the last two posts. I also like the idea of having our own Dream Team players. The restriction on player overalls is also very appropriate. If most of you agree, let's start it as rkyfat suggested.

I haven't thought about it at all. Do you think the connection will be bad? What do the others say?

Regarding of tournament rules (dream team limitation strenght team) just few mentions:
- u r aware that every teamplay style still changes player stats/rate in game?
- other thing: u can put in team some players with 92 overall in team (for example), but when u put it on position which is not default for him, overall rate show lower, but indivudal rate/stats for each segment stay the same

I have expirience with similiar things/problems organized tournaments earlier on my discord server, now we play only with authentic teams (at least what left in game)
Maybe this aren't big problems, but i just wannt to draw attention to this things. In general, very good idea for this tournaments, especcialy well done for playing full manual (i like that concept, but unfornutelly fuma is too hard for me to handle :) )

This is a good observation. Of course, everyone can take a photo of their opponent's team, and this can be verified. If, for instance, a user has an 89-rated player in an illegal position, it means they have over 90 in that position. If such a situation is observed, the player is disqualified from the tournament.

Another thing I thought of today and I'd like those who have been playing the game for a long time to help me with this (I returned to the game this year because I liked the gameplay). Is there a possibility that an opponent might display their team with the wrong team playstyle but activate the Sub-tactic in the game, causing all players to increase their overall rating and, consequently, their statistics? If this is the case, it will be difficult for us to address this issue, and we may consider the option of using authentic teams.

level 3 is cool, but there is no indicators in game that u play on level 3, only different colour (yellow) of bar when is level 4 (full manual pass)...that is a pitty, and because of that it is imposibble to create strictly rule based on level 3 pass support

Regarding of tournament rules (dream team limitation strenght team) just few mentions:
- u r aware that every teamplay style still changes player stats/rate in game?
- other thing: u can put in team some players with 92 overall in team (for example), but when u put it on position which is not default for him, overall rate show lower, but indivudal rate/stats for each segment stay the same

I have expirience with similiar things/problems organized tournaments earlier on my discord server, now we play only with authentic teams (at least what left in game)
Maybe this aren't big problems, but i just wannt to draw attention to this things. In general, very good idea for this tournaments, especcialy well done for playing full manual (i like that concept, but unfornutelly fuma is too hard for me to handle :) )
Never thought of that! Option could be to use the star rating as that doesn't change? maybe 1 5 star etc. But more difficult to validate so yeah, maybe easier to use authentic.

I don't see any participation even though there were about 60 interested people in the poll. I will wait until Sunday night. If there are not enough participants, the tournament format will change to level 4 passing and basic shooting. Also, the matches will be reduced from 3 to 2 for one week to make it easier for those who can't play many games. If even then we don't gather enough people, one final attempt will be made with basic shooting and assisted passing.

I'd suggest to create a discord server for easier management. We could the open up another thread in evoweb to post the results, highlights, etc

Sure, we can consider that at a later time. For now, the priority is to gather participants for the tournament. So far, not many people seem to be interested. Tomorrow, we will change the format to include basic shooting and level 4 passing, and new registrations will begin.

Last edited:
Sure, we can consider that at a later time. For now, the priority is to gather participants for the tournament. So far, not many people seem to be interested. Tomorrow, we will change the format to include basic shooting and level 4 passing, and new registrations will begin.
I'm pretty sure many people are interested, they just need the rules and the rest set.

I'd love to participate but, like someone mentioned before, I know it would be very difficult to find a specific window and time to play matches with people from different time zones and different lifestyles.

It's almost like we would have to divide people by location and availability and we don't have enough people to even start one tournament so far.

Realistically - I could only do a tournament with people from UK/Europe, who are available for an hour or two around 10pm :LOL:

And then you need to look at Pass Assist and platforms and you end up with... just @Chris Davies , who I play friendlies from time to time anyways... :LOL: :LOL:

Just a point for improvement. I just spent a few minutes checking which version of Pro Evolution Soccer you are organizing online tournament. In all threads opened In the "PC" section, there is no mention of the eFootball 2024 tournament. I was hoping you are organizing PES 2021 or PES 5/6 tournaments and it took me some time to realize that it is eFootball. Maybe put some info in thread names as in future there might be a tournament in other versions of PES as well.

Hi, @MartanCJ
broxopios has mentioned "eFootball" in the opening post so we can all be on the same page. Also to the OP could we comment on our exploits versus members here, since an exploratory tourney discussion has been enviable at best? What of a grudge match thread where the bravest stake their claims of being king of the hill for a period of time?

That's partly why I played around with the mercy rule idea should things get out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom