Tournament Discussion Thread (ex - Exploratory Thread for eFootball Evo-Web Online Games)

broxopios

CarrollsGarden
14 February 2004
Greece
AEK Athens
2023-10-05 21_11_24-_drawing.svg - Inkscape.png

I posted yesterday in the efootball 2024 topic about the possibility of organizing an evoweb online league-tournament. To see if there is interest, let's list here the system we play efootball on, as well as the passing and shooting settings.

I'll start.

System: PS5
Settings: Assisted shooting and assisted passing (level 2 or 3).

Hello there.

I know that most of you here are offline players, but why haven't you organized various online games through a league with promotions and relegations? Option 1 would be for each player to use their dream team they have created, and option 2 (and in my opinion, the better one) would be to have divisions with real teams (the lowest one with low-rated teams and the top division with the best teams like Real Madrid, City, PSG, etc.). Each player would start from the lowest division and try to move up to the next one. There, they would choose a new team (depending on their performance in the previous division) which would be better than the previous one. The goal would be to reach the top division and compete for the championship.

Of course, without a cash prize. Just for the joy of the game!

In FIFA 11, I participated in a similar league with the four divisions of England, and it was really interesting and competitive.

The question is, since there is no cross-platform play in eFootball, whether it would be possible to gather enough players for each console (PS5, PC, manual ro assisted controls etc.).

Just a thought. Cheers.

Last edited:
Great work @broxopios, it almost feels like PES is trying to rise from the dead :LMAO:

I play on PS5 and currently using Level 2 passing/shooting. Although i think i totally misunderstood what the levels meant previously so I might change this. I used to play PA1 which i assume is 3 now?

If people are interested in playing a Cup, run by someone here mods or not.
I think having a set time for each round is a must
Example, round 1 october 25th at 19.00 (not to late or not to early for most)
Problem having this is if theres people from SA/NA/Asia etc.
then it needs to be run between them

I ran a NHL online league for a few seasons and its more work than youd think, and without rules run by the admins of the league, also mayhem!
my advice,appoint a few guys whos interested in this let them set up a schedule with a kickoff time then have registrations that people can apply for.
If you know you can play this day and time, apply!
Play the game, report in to admin with screenshot of the result

If people are interested in playing a Cup, run by someone here mods or not.
I think having a set time for each round is a must
Example, round 1 october 25th at 19.00 (not to late or not to early for most)
Problem having this is if theres people from SA/NA/Asia etc.
then it needs to be run between them

I ran a NHL online league for a few seasons and its more work than youd think, and without rules run by the admins of the league, also mayhem!
my advice,appoint a few guys whos interested in this let them set up a schedule with a kickoff time then have registrations that people can apply for.
If you know you can play this day and time, apply!
Play the game, report in to admin with screenshot of the result

Of course, it will require a lot of work and organization. When the time comes, the moderators will need to create a separate category named something like "Online EvoWeb League Tournaments," and within that category, there should be subcategories for each console where the tournament will take place, along with the rules that everyone must follow. Currently, it seems that it can easily run on PC and possibly on PS5.

Within this category, there will be various threads, including one where members can schedule appointments to play their games. It's also reasonable to set a deadline of 2-3 weeks to complete all the games. However, these are organizational matters that need to be discussed after gathering the members and deciding on the controller settings for the games.

Of course, the coordination of the new category should be handled by 2-3 moderators to ensure the smooth operation of the forum and its threads.

You've overcomplicating things, straight knockout cup and you have a week to arrange and play each fixture from when it's posted. Anyone misses a fixture, or fails to arrange, the other person gets a bye.

You've overcomplicating things, straight knockout cup and you have a week to arrange and play each fixture from when it's posted. Anyone misses a fixture, or fails to arrange, the other person gets a bye.
yes each 2 play 4 matches

Of course, it will require a lot of work and organization. When the time comes, the moderators will need to create a separate category named something like "Online EvoWeb League Tournaments," and within that category, there should be subcategories for each console where the tournament will take place, along with the rules that everyone must follow. Currently, it seems that it can easily run on PC and possibly on PS5.

Within this category, there will be various threads, including one where members can schedule appointments to play their games. It's also reasonable to set a deadline of 2-3 weeks to complete all the games. However, these are organizational matters that need to be discussed after gathering the members and deciding on the controller settings for the games.

Of course, the coordination of the new category should be handled by 2-3 moderators to ensure the smooth operation of the forum and its threads.
I don't mean to burst any bubbles and I really dig your enthusiasm, but we are not gonna be involved in any of this as moderators. We've got enough on our plates dealing with everyday stuff when it comes to managing the site. I could create a new sub for this if there really is enough interest, I'll gladly do that, but you guys will have to take care of the rest.

I don't think you could play the games on certain dates.

You would have to state a week for the rounds to take place.

Round 1 - 22 - 29 October then round 2 the following week.
Will take a while to take place, but not every person is going to be available at a certain time during the week.

Took me ages to arrange an FM World Cup last summer and that only involved 3 people.

I don't think you could play the games on certain dates.

You would have to state a week for the rounds to take place.

Round 1 - 22 - 29 October then round 2 the following week.
Will take a while to take place, but not every person is going to be available at a certain time during the week.

Took me ages to arrange an FM World Cup last summer and that only involved 3 people.

In tournament mode, 7 days is too long. If, for example, 32 people gather and it's a knockout format, then we will have 5 rounds. That means 5 weeks. And some will be eliminated in the first round and lose interest. 3 days are more than enough for 2 matches.

At first, I suggest organizing a tournament. However, if the interest continues, then we can try a league format with 2 or even 3 divisions of 12 teams each. There, a period of 3-4 weeks can be given to complete the matches (around 20 matches per player).

Last edited:
In tournament mode, 7 days is too long. If, for example, 32 people gather and it's a knockout format, then we will have 5 rounds. That means 5 weeks. And some will be eliminated in the first round and lose interest. 3 days are more than enough for 2 matches.

At first, I suggest organizing a tournament. However, if the interest continues, then we can try a league format with 2 or eve.n 3 divisions of 12 teams each. There, a period of 3-4 weeks can be given to complete the matches (around 20 matches per player).
We need a guy to set the tournament rules/game settings, post the fixtures and use an online random generator thing to decide who plays who in each round. I nominate you :)

I don't see any issue with people who are knocked out losing interest, they're out, of course they'll lose interest. People need at least a week to message each other, get a reply and find an exact day and time when they can both be free to play. You're asking too much if fewer days.

Another question is the teams we will use. The easy solution is to play with the teams we have created in the Dream Team. However, playing with fully loaded teams where the players have ratings over 99 overall is not ideal. If we decide to use our own teams, a good solution would be to set a limit on the overall rating of our players, perhaps between 80 and 85 as a maximum.

The other proposal I had made is to have a pool of teams, and whoever is drawn to a particular team would have to buy the players. Of course, this presupposes that everyone has enough GP available because some teams are expensive. For example, Manchester City costs around 3 million GP, which is quite a sum. The teams could be from smaller leagues or even from the second division. Another concern here is whether we will train the players or leave them at the rating we purchased them at, or if there will be a growth limit (e.g., 80 - 85).

If the regular teams were available, everything would be easier.

What do you suggest?

Reactions: cb7
This is just a one of suggestions.

Let's try to begin with the friendly matches by authentic teams.
In the framework of 2JLeague for example.

Positives:
Fully available league for frendly matches.
Fully licensed league (faces, boots, kits etc), licensed ball.
Licensed adboards for some stadiums.
Low level of team stats = temperate speed of gameplay.

One of the rules:
Let's do not turn off the replays and cut scenes.

Great idea. I hadn't noticed that the entire Japanese league was available. And it's not the only one from what I've seen. I think this is the best proposal to start with!

I’d suggest some sort of ladder Comp. You play the person above you and if you win you take their place. You could commit to 1 game a week for a number of weeks And arrange between yourselves. If you’re not available the person below auto moves up to your spot. No messing with points, goal difference etc. just simple to get folk playing but with a competitive element to it. Each week you post results and someone updates the ladder. Once a community is established can think of more complicated tournaments/leagues etc

Back
Top Bottom