TopSpin 2K25 [PS5/PS4/Series/One/PC]

Patiently waiting for roster updates before buying this - or some kind of mod on PC at least (not that my PC would be able to run it).

Really want to play it given everything I'm hearing about the gameplay, but I just can't justify it with that roster. I'd honestly have preferred it if they had no licensed players at all - it would make sense if it was entirely fictional, rather than 90% fictional and suddenly, Federer.

Such a shame they couldn't have used AO's excellent built-in system for creating and sharing venues and players.

Ffs I'm getting battered. Wtf. I just lost 6-0, 6-0 to Tiafoe in Hard difficulty. Not even in Very Hard. I haven't lost a match that bad even in Full Ace.

I wouldn't worry about it.
First few times I play tennis games I get battered, then you learn the mechanics and it is bagels all the way.

How are you finding it so far?
Is it as good as Full Ace?

Patiently waiting for roster updates before buying this - or some kind of mod on PC at least (not that my PC would be able to run it).

Really want to play it given everything I'm hearing about the gameplay, but I just can't justify it with that roster. I'd honestly have preferred it if they had no licensed players at all - it would make sense if it was entirely fictional, rather than 90% fictional and suddenly, Federer.

Such a shame they couldn't have used AO's excellent built-in system for creating and sharing venues and players.
Full Ace would run on your machine no problem and it is definitely the best tennis game I have played.
It is also on Steam for £12 at the moment so an absolute bargain for a fantastic game.

I bought it in February and have clocked up 55 hours on the game already.

The game in Expert is so hard, AI plays very well and touched the line.
Agassi is a monster:SHOCK:

Roger Federer Vs Andre Agassi US Open by night Expert difficulty

Maria Sharapova Vs Madison Keys Roland Garros Expert difficulty

Yesterday I started carear mode on "hard mode". Hard mode has been quite enjoyable; matches are intense and competitive, and I mostly win, although there are some really great rallies. Ball pace and mechanics of the game quite nice. However, there are some shortcomings such as the lack of an challange system, no statistics shown during the match like rally counts etc., which are missing, but the worst part is that the career mode is limited to only 80 players with very few licensed players.

I wouldn't worry about it.
First few times I play tennis games I get battered, then you learn the mechanics and it is bagels all the way.

How are you finding it so far?
Is it as good as Full Ace?
It's fantastic mate. Ofc variation of ball placement isn't as good as Full Ace but this is hands down the best tennis game which combines gameplay and animations. There are a few things they need to fix:
- That cpu awkward slow shot which looks like a drop shot and you can't move to reach it. Same as TS4.
- Make the running back after a lob shot more organic and natural.

@Chris, it's 2K, there's absolutely no chance they give us a full package. If this one had a creation centre and a full career mode with complete pool and draws I don't think we would ever buy another tennis videogame again.
I can't understand why this one has some reviews at 7. If this is a 7 then all the other tennis games are a 2/10 at best. Probably some reviewers don't like the steep learning curve? I've won my first match on Hard, best of 3, it lasted 1h47m and I consider myself an expert in these games. I'm afraid casual players won't have any patience with this one, they will just quit and go play that FC24 disaster.

Yesterday I started carear mode on "hard mode". Hard mode has been quite enjoyable; matches are intense and competitive, and I mostly win, although there are some really great rallies. Ball pace and mechanics of the game quite nice. However, there are some shortcomings such as the lack of an challange system, no statistics shown during the match like rally counts etc., which are missing, but the worst part is that the career mode is limited to only 80 players with very few licensed players.
The lack of stats overlays during the match is shocking. It's just a few lines of coding. The challenge system requires variable umpires like in MLB The Show so there was no way these lazy devs would sit down for a few weeks to implement it.

I'm in love with this game, the gameplay is a masterpeace :PINKS: .

Some videos on Circuit 2K online

Federer (me) Vs Fritz a Mutua Madrid

Pete Sampras (me) Vs Carlos Alcaraz

Fluying Sampras

Some offline videos

Federer Vs Alcaraz Legend difficulty

Serena Williams Vs Emma Raducanu Amsterdam in expert difficulty

Start of MyCareer with a girl

Back
Top Bottom