The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

This game never clicked for me. Maybe with improved combat it will.
Despite them sayin' they improved the combat, based on what I saw (gameranx, for example), it doesn't seem they were able to change it that much... Which is a shame, as the combat is most probably the weakest aspect in the game... What holds it together is the story, characters and, primarily, the quests... Especially the side quests. They're THAT memorable... This is a top-5 game of all time, for me.

Turns out it runs at 20fps and I can't play the game comfortably any more.
That truly sucks... Although they will probably hotfix it sooner rather than later.
 
Despite them sayin' they improved the combat, based on what I saw (gameranx, for example), it doesn't seem they were able to change it that much... Which is a shame, as the combat is most probably the weakest aspect in the game... What holds it together is the story, characters and, primarily, the quests... Especially the side quests. They're THAT memorable... This is a top-5 game of all time, for me.


That truly sucks... Although they will probably hotfix it sooner rather than later.

Thanks thats what I read too. Im more of a combat guy, so my plans for reinstalling and trying to get into this for the 5th time will wait.
 
Turned on the PS5 yesterday eager to try this remaster, quite excited.

Turns out it runs at 20fps and I can't play the game comfortably any more.

Why have they done this?
They already released one hot fix. Not sure how you are getting 20fps as it runs grand on my PS5.

Im not a big fan of the new lighting and colour palette - everything is too vibrant and saturated, but I was able to tone it all down by adjusting in game HDR. I put peak brightness to 600 and dropped paper white to 100. I also dropped saturation down to 0.
Now it looks much better. Im sure they will release more patches sooner rather than later.

Overall it feels great to be back in this world. Just arrived in Velen.

Apart from the new dynamic camera I dont feel much of a difference in combat unfortunately, as I was hoping for some more impactful changes. It still feels a bit floaty and weightless, which is a shame.

I also hope for the list of mods to be vastly expanded on consoles now that they were introduced. Would be amazing to try this game in first person, although I doubt that such complex mods will be ported.

Great to be back tho.
The wind is howling...
 
They already released one hot fix. Not sure how you are getting 20fps as it runs grand on my PS5.
It's because, before the Remaster patch, I had the graphics set to "Quality" rather than "Performance".

That's what I preferred, and it worked perfectly - 30fps locked and all the graphical upgrades.

Now, either you put it on "Performance" and get a crazy high framerate with worse graphics, or "Ray Tracing" which gives you 20fps or lower and isn't realistically playable.

It feels a bit like an attempt to force people like me to get a PS5 Pro. It was great before, now I have to choose a worse experience for my preferences. I'm pretty gutted.
 
But I also have it on Quality... i usually play games on quality mode, coz Im used to 30fps and it doesnt bother me as long as its consistent. And I didnt notice any drops, or that it runs worse than it did before..
 
Back
Top Bottom