The TV Show Thread

I still haven't played TLoU2, and I've managed to avoid all the spoilers (so please don't spoil anything for me)... I've been waiting for a PS5 remastered version, but it doesn't feel like it's coming now. So I've no idea what's coming, but I'm looking forward to it.

I think if Last of Us Part 1 sales are good on PC then they will release Part 2 on PC.
At this point they will need to boost the textures and graphics, so a PS5 remaster will also happen.

I still havent seen the final, so not sure how it ended.

I would say its the most accurate portion of the series as an adaptation.
Apart from while saving Ellie in the game i felt like fuck this world, it doesnt deserve to be saved after all we been thru, go Joel! Here Joel feels like a murderous villain while he was a puss for 7 episodes to be honest. All his victims in the hospital are depicted as "awww poor souls". So that felt off for me. Joel should have been the hardened murderous villain all along whos heart got melted and does the right thing in the end. Or does he?! The big question of the game.
But it was never shown they just mentioned it what he did with his brother in the past. Its hard to comprehend especially in a TV show if you just tell us and dont show it. Well whatever, different Joel it is.
But as someone who played the game i feel like i dont know how the characters ended up on this relationship terms with eachother. Because they end up EXACTLY where the game characters do yet you miss a good chunk of bonding as @bsmaff said, also because key parts of the story were altered.

Like i have no idea why they changed the scene where

Ellie kills David. It should have been Joel stopping her going thru and beyond like a protective father at last. This is where his walls are coming down and this is the breakthrough from his side finally as he never wanted to bother about Ellie, never wanted to put himself into that position to be able to lose someone he loves potentially. But instead this Ellie beats the ever living fuck out of David then outside she just bumps into Joel and the scene has no purpose other than saying "baby girl" is cute.
Like they missed completely the point of that scene. And there are a bunch of alteration like this that undermine the story. So ...ok again could be this is a completely different Joel im just not sure if on purpose or by mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you played it on PS5?
Only recently I finished the game and I honestly dont see any point of remastering it. It looks fucking phenomenal on PS5

Not played it on PS5, as thought it was just a 30FPS to 60FPS patch and non of the textures changing or graphics being updated.
I also didn't ever fancy going back and playing it again, like I did with Last of Us 1.

I will possibly load it up and give it a go and see what it is like graphically as remember the PS4 version looked good at the time but there is nothing like remaster and milking - sorry bringing a game to new audiences and generating more revenue.

Last edited:
there is nothing like remaster and milking - sorry bringing a game to new audiences and generating more revenue.
This is exactly the part that pisses me off the most. I thought you were shouting for remaster.
Its a 3 year old game.. its an absolute madness to be remastering it going by how it looked and played.
Companies should focus on new projects, not milking people.

Ok, so.. overall I think the final episode was very good. I also think that overall series 1 was very, very good.
I agree that it was rushed, I agree that they should have shown much more of their journey and bonding.
But I also think that, especially in last episode, they have shown enough to justify Joels behaviour. He wasnt completely stable. He saw his daughter in Ellie and acted on it.
I think the last episode have shown his bond much more than hers, which was fine, looking from the perspective of further season(s).
In general - I think we are judging a bit too harshly, coz games are as rich, if not richer than books. It will never be the same depth and they did quite a solid job with this adaptation.

As much as it pains me to say, as think Episode 3 was probably one of the best of the series.
They really could of done with probably not having it as it really steered the series away from the main plot and wasted screen time between Joel and Ellie.

I would probably of liked them to have also done away with Episode 7 (Left Behind Episode) as this TBH if you never played the game was a complete waste of an episode and could of been a 10 minute flashback at the start of any episode.

Star Trek: Picard Season 3 is halfway through it's final season and the jump in quality from the first two seasons is astounding. I still had some doubts after the first 2 episodes but from the third episode (IMO the first great Star Trek: Picard episode of the whole run) it has been exciting and well written. Like in many of the modern Trek series, Jonathan Frakes directs some episodes, he is a very good director, especially when action kicks in.

p.s. sorry I broke the TLOU combo

Last edited:
Severance was great. But i think it doesnt need a S2 i just dont see how they could be making it more interesting especially that they wrapped up the story. Yes there is a cliffhanger but the catch of the show was wraped up.

Also the tv show From, now im interested in season 2, it will drop at the end of April. I just hope the hype around the mistery doesnt make it flop at the end.

Last edited:
Secret Invasion is now 5 of 6 episodes deep and it has not been great. There is absolutely no sense of any scale considering what is actually supposed to be happening. 80% of it is just two people talking. Maybe Disney is starting to save money or something. Olivia Colman is by far the best thing about this series, she is having a blast.

Last edited:
Secret Invasion is now 5 of 6 episodes deep and it has not been great. There is absolutely no sense of any scale considering what is actually supposed to be happening. 80% of it is just two people talking. Maybe Disney is starting to save money or something. Olivia Colman is by far the best thing about this series, she is having a blast.
Give jack Ryan a go. Incredible

On a Stephen King binge, re watching (also read the books) Mr Mercedes.
Brendan Gleeson is absolutely magnificent in this one, not suprisingly since hes one of the best in the biz

On a StephenKing binge, re watching (also read the books) Mr Mercedes.
Brendan Gleeson is absolutely magnificent in this one, not suprisingly since hes one of the best in the biz
Brendan is deadly.
Only the turtle had better performance!

On a Stephen King binge, re watching (also read the books) Mr Mercedes.
How do you like the series compared to the books? I listened to them not that long ago and felt it kind of lost its steam in the last one when he couldn't help himself and went full Stephen King
as in going full on supernatural.

How do you like the series compared to the books? I listened to them not that long ago and felt it kind of lost its steam in the last one when he couldn't help himself and went full Stephen King
as in going full on supernatural.
I think the tv adaptation is superb, though i liked the books, feel the series is better, for once!

She is brilliant.
I'm really impressed how every season is about something else and yet they manage to keep the same dark, funny, creepy atmosphere. You watch one episode and you know it's Fargo. Love it.

She is brilliant.
I'm really impressed how every season is about something else and yet they manage to keep the same dark, funny, creepy atmosphere. You watch one episode and you know it's Fargo. Love it.
Its brilliant as fuck, and i was blown away by her in this one.
im only two episodes in, and im acctually thinking i want to save the rest and start from season one again and get that vibe/atmosphere last a little longer.
One thing about this, and other great series (like the Wire for instance) so many great british actors killing it

Lads, one of the best TV shows I have seen in fucking years. It's absolutely brilliant. Give it a watch even if you are not a fan of Asian TV shows (I'm not a big fan myself)

It's on Amazon Prime and it's fucking savage

Screenshot_2024-01-02-21-03-54-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Lads, one of the best TV shows I have seen in fucking years. It's absolutely brilliant. Give it a watch even if you are not a fan of Asian TV shows (I'm not a big fan myself)

It's on Amazon Prime and it's fucking savage

Looks interesting. Got a good rating too. Thanks I’ll check that out.

Have you seen Fool me once? It’s got Michelle Keegan in it (only reason I’ve took notice 😉) and apparently it’s like the number 1 rated show on Netflix worldwide. It doesn’t really appeal to me except that she’s in it. Just wondering if it’s worth my time if you’ve seen it?

Just wondering if it’s worth my time if you’ve seen it?
I haven't, but I normally check IMDb rating first and if it's decent I also read reviews. Coz, in my opinion, if someone bothered to type - they must have had strong feelings about it.
And the reviews for Fool Me Once say it's starts of well and then it's dragged out, filled with unnecessary crap and forced plot twists until it turns into ridiculous story.
So I'll pass unless there is nothing else to watch.

I haven't, but I normally check IMDb rating first and if it's decent I also read reviews. Coz, in my opinion, if someone bothered to type - they must have had strong feelings about it.
And the reviews for Fool Me Once say it's starts of well and then it's dragged out, filled with unnecessary crap and forced plot twists until it turns into ridiculous story.
So I'll pass unless there is nothing else to watch.
Sound logic however I’ve found eg movies that I think are really good that have got like a 6 rating on IMDb. So it’s not always a guarantee that something is going to be good or bad.

Sound logic however I’ve found eg movies that I think are really good that have got like a 6 rating on IMDb. So it’s not always a guarantee that something is going to be good or bad.
No of course it's not, but I also found that IMDb app is brilliant.
It has suggestions for you, based on your ratings and the more movies/shows you rate - the better it becomes.
I have found a lot of TV shows and movies from this app.
The korean one from above is from IMDb suggestion and even Amazon Prime didn't suggest it, despite a lot of shows I watched on it.
So when I'm checking rating and reviews - they are usually from movies/shows that were already handpicked for me by the app.

No of course it's not, but I also found that IMDb app is brilliant.
It has suggestions for you, based on your ratings and the more movies/shows you rate - the better it becomes.
I have found a lot of TV shows and movies from this app.
The korean one from above is from IMDb suggestion and even Amazon Prime didn't suggest it, despite a lot of shows I watched on it.
So when I'm checking rating and reviews - they are usually from movies/shows that were already handpicked for me by the app.
Ah right ok. I used to use Flixster many years ago. It was a great community where people would write reviews and discuss movies in the forum. It’s became kind of terrible though because they removed the community aspect of it (unless they’ve brought it back again, I’ve never back to check)

Another brilliant one, lads - "Devils Hour" on Prime.
Don't read anything, don't watch trailer, just watch it. The less you know the better. Savage series.

Reactions: Tom
Back
Top Bottom