The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

Fabian Delph (Aston Villa) ---> City £8m
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/
OpulentDeliciousArcherfish.gif

"I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.
I'm not leaving. I'm staying at [Aston Villa] and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

And here's the newest quote from moments ago:

"I'm a fucking clown."

Ridiculous. :LOL:

Deplh said:
"I am a loyal person.This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future
When life throws lemons you make lemonade.Throw me to the wolves I`ll return leading the pack! its empty words that sound nice.We only understand actions.

"I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.
I'm not leaving. I'm staying at [Aston Villa] and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

And here's the newest quote from moments ago:

"I'm a fucking clown."

Ridiculous. :LOL:

he really said that? :APPLAUD: kudos to him then, he is one of a kind at least

forced out for £8m ? that petty cash for MCity. He saw Sterling @MCity parading in blue, his head was already turned. I think Benteke leaving was too much.

We can make fun of him all day, but at the end he`ll win more trophies @MCity then Villa.

Well its probably that when the rumours about liverpool willing to pay the buyout out clause for Benteke shortly afterwards Delph had the change of heart
(its sky sources regarding benteke so it'll probably happen regarding benteke)

It's going to be difficult for villa to stay up if they dont get proper replacements they werent that far off last season from going down

forced out for £8m ? that petty cash for MCity. He saw Sterling @MCity parading in blue, his head was already turned. I think Benteke leaving was too much.

We can make fun of him all day, but at the end he`ll win more trophies @MCity then Villa.

For City, not Villa maybe. Maybe they saw a total of 40m+ coming their way for both Benteke and Delph and decided good money to ship both away and use that money to invest in cheaper players.

I don't understand whuy a (very good) player like Delp would want to go to a club like City.

That is a player who could be fantastic for clubs like Southapton, Everton, Liverpool or Spurs. Could be among their very best players.At City he will Always be a fringe player...City is a club that buys stars and only gives stars a starters position...unless the stars fail, thenplayers like Milner can become important, but only for the reminder of that season.Milner has understood this very well, that is the imo the reason why i wanted to leave...

I don't understand whuy a (very good) player like Delp would want to go to a club like City.

That is a player who could be fantastic for clubs like Southapton, Everton, Liverpool or Spurs. Could be among their very best players.At City he will Always be a fringe player...City is a club that buys stars and only gives stars a starters position...unless the stars fail, thenplayers like Milner can become important, but only for the reminder of that season.Milner has understood this very well, that is the imo the reason why i wanted to leave...

well, i can understand why he left for city. he wants to be in position of winning EPL and also playing in europe top competitions.

regarding city's policy who should play and when, i could agree there - their problem is that they always have their top star players guaranteed starting lineup spot, no matter how bad or in poor form they are, while some other players who could contribute more are clinched to bench. that is bad attitude by pellegrini. why should anyone giving its best on training when you know aguero or silva or toure or kompany will alway play, no matter if they are possibly bad at the some point?

But that is my point madball.
Yes Delph will win silverware, but will he participate substantially?

He might be a part of a CL winning team (i doubt it strongly to be honest), but scarely playing and loosing his place in England's team...

That is a point many good potential players miss. At a young age, all they see is this big name flashy company throwing money at them, so it's very tempting, and looks great on CV. Then they join and realize it's not all cream, and suffer from lack of play and therefore lack of confidence and years pass and that potential dies slowly. Then they move but then it's too late.

Silva and Aguero never get dropped because they never play bad
Of our spine (Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero) Hart and Kompany have been dropped before.
Yaya hasn't because even if he's not at his best he does dictate play from deep. Many people seem to ignore his contribution if he isn't bursting through defenders or smashing in a freekick.

I think Delph will play more than people may think. A lot will depend on who our CM options are, of course. If we somehow pull off Pogba, or get someone of that ilk, you would presume one of Fernando or Fernandinho will be sold. I hope it's Fernando as Dinho is an excellent player but Pellegrini treated Dinho odd last season, choosing Fernando over him on many occasions. There are rumours that something happened between him and Kompany in terms of their wives but it's probably rubbish.

It's annoying how a big thing is always made of City buying decent youngish players. Lallana played the same amount as Milner did last year but you barely hear a peep and, whilst he's not young, imagine if City "ruined" or "wasted" Lambert like LFC did, he was breaking into the England setup and has done feck all for a year or so.. Utd bought Zaha and never used him. Arsenal's bench is stacked with English talent but it's only a big deal when it's City. In more general terms, City aren't the only club to buy decent players to play a squad role.

Last edited:
To me, it's not the big club's fault. It's natural they always want the best. It's more the impatient young players looking for quick buck and glory, which might come at a huge price and take it's toll on them.

But again, maybe some of them are being forced out against their will, especially when a big chunk of cash is being thrown at the lesser club. They'd obviously want to ship out the guy and take all that cash, since many of them are in the business for that sole reason; finding talent on cheap, nurturing and shipping off at a huge price.

if players were clever and also had the real spirit of football, they would go the other way around, from top teams to bottom teams, where there's a challenge, what's the fun in winning massive titles when all your teammates are supermen, what's the point of decorating your CV when you don't get minutes to actually really contribute in those wins.

Why not the likes of Messi and Ronaldo just decide one day to go to Southampton or Cagliari to lead them and make history?

it's easier to be a Madrid or Bayern or Barça player. You win games while you're eating breakfast.

if there's a one bright spot in Maradonna's life, then it's definitely Napoli. and it's the striking and undeniable proof that he's a REAL legend.

same goes to coaches. if you have 25 super players, then you can easily win titles, then your experience is just like spending hours to play PES or FIFA in Amateur difficulty.
Show us what you got with lower teams, show us how you build a team from ZERO, how you struggle to make your players apply your ideas.

I agree with some part of your posts, but not with all.
It would be great if Messi would play for a club like Southampton or (even better from my point of view) Spurs, but this will not happen as long as he is in his absolute prime.

And Maradonna at Napoli? Well Maradonna star had already faded considerably after a subpar period in Barcelona and at that moment he already was a cocaïne addict (it's a myth that he started using coke in Napoli).

About coaches: i don't agree. On the one hand i would like to see the likes of Guardiola or Cruijff clubs like Burnley, Bastia or Chievo. On the other hand it is not easy to manage big clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona. The pressure at those clubs is huge and on top of that the players have very big ego's (think Zlatan or Ronaldo). This is hard work and i think most coaches would not succede at those clubs...

I think the players want more money, even more than what they already have, Bastia can't pay Ronaldo or Messi 15 millions. and I'm sure Messi and Ronaldo won't accept any amount less than 10 millions in any team (for now). They play for money.

if you see all players negotiations are about money, Player A prefers Team X offer because they'll pay him more than Team Y.

I swear if I was a player, 200 thousands euro per year is more than enough for me to live, it's even a big amount for me.

So, I'm the type of players who would easily leave Bayern for Swansea.

Last edited:
If I was an elite player like that I'd probably join a lesser team for a year to just see if I could drag them up a level.
Imagine if Messi joined Bournemouth for a season and kept them up (or beyond). It's be a great story.
I wouldn't advise a Messi to sacrifice their career or retirement fund tho, just a 1 season challenge

It'd probably start off a craze, a bit like beards or the Yaya/Kolo chant. (tho I think the Yaya/Kolo chant is here to stay ..forever)

Last edited:
if players were clever and also had the real spirit of football, they would go the other way around, from top teams to bottom teams, where there's a challenge, what's the fun in winning massive titles when all your teammates are supermen, what's the point of decorating your CV when you don't get minutes to actually really contribute in those wins.

Why not the likes of Messi and Ronaldo just decide one day to go to Southampton or Cagliari to lead them and make history?

it's easier to be a Madrid or Bayern or Barça player. You win games while you're eating breakfast.

if there's a one bright spot in Maradonna's life, then it's definitely Napoli. and it's the striking and undeniable proof that he's a REAL legend.

same goes to coaches. if you have 25 super players, then you can easily win titles, then your experience is just like spending hours to play PES or FIFA in Amateur difficulty.
Show us what you got with lower teams, show us how you build a team from ZERO, how you struggle to make your players apply your ideas.

If I was an elite player like that I'd probably join a lesser team for a year to just see if I could drag them up a level.
Imagine if Messi joined Bournemouth for a season and kept them up (or beyond). It's be a great story.
I wouldn't advise a Messi to sacrifice their career or retirement fund tho, just a 1 season challenge

It'd probably start off a craze, a bit like beards or the Yaya/Kolo chant. (tho I think the Yaya/Kolo chant is here to stay ..forever)

Would love that to happen. It would at least bring back the football I grew to love, not this day's company football. But I got over it now. I got to convince myself a while ago that football has become a group of big name companies always looking for top readymade employees and ready to throw money at them. It's all work and money now. It's just a job. No more club passion.

I just don't want to hear players saying they're off to a different league for a different challenge. Mate, if you're in for a challenge, join a relegation-bound club. Done ;)

Exactly !

also, the fame, the hype, being a star. all this is a temptation for the players.
Ronaldo would say : "What? I play for Wimbledon so no one would follow my news anymore?"

real football means you play and just care for what happens during the 90 minutes, not the billions of people who watch you outside. you don't care if you're famous or not. the notion of STARS ruined this game.

now media can make any player a star, and the latest example is Sterling, thus making him valuable in dollars.

Back
Top Bottom