The nightmare team of Euro 2012: failures

Ahead of the likes of Kerzhakov or Baros who lead the line for their country but didn't even score?

And unlike Rooney, were actually fully match fit.

Yes, because Rooney is supposed to be a star and Kerzhakov and Barrios not.
I like the Rooney who plays for United and is a utility player. He was fantastic when there were other stars in the team. Now that he is the star of the team, i'm not so sure anymore. But somebody mentioned next season with Kagawa and yes, when he is surrounded by very good players he is outstanding. I don't think he is a natural leader.

Rooney usually disappoints with the national team (in tournaments and the last years, in 2004 he was fabulous of course), but he is still a fantastic player.

Yes, because Rooney is supposed to be a star and Kerzhakov and Barrios not.
I like the Rooney who plays for United and is a utility player. He was fantastic when there were other stars in the team. Now that he is the star of the team, i'm not so sure anymore. But somebody mentioned next season with Kagawa and yes, when he is surrounded by very good players he is outstanding. I don't think he is a natural leader.

Rooney usually disappoints with the national team (in tournaments and the last years, in 2004 he was fabulous of course), but he is still a fantastic player.
There's no doubt he's been a disappointment but he only really "failed" in one game, which was the defeat by Italy.

He scored the winner against Ukraine. I think he's done just about enough to be ahead of the likes of other "stars" like RvP and Benzema who didn't exactly shine either.

That's all relative Gerd. It's performances that have to be judged, not reputation. Aleksandar is a big star to many. We have to judge players by each and every performance and only that.

Kerzhakov has been topping the scoring charts for much of his career including with reigning champs Zenit again last year.

And considering his shots weren't even on TARGET and he had like 13 of them and STARTED 3 matches (unlike Rooney) and considering how many chances Russia actually created (To give him credit, he created some of the chances himself), AND the fact that unlike Rooney, he wasn't unfit/out of shape, then it's an easy decision.

Benzema can be considered a failure too although he did make 2 assists and had some good touches and passes but didn't score goals which is his main aim. Having said that, I can't really remember France creating a chance for HIM and him missing it as I can for many others like Balotelli.

Kerzhakov should be #1 striker for me then. But others like Benzema, Baros, Rooney, Van Persie among otehrs were disappointing. But not as bad as having 13 shots off target!

Back
Top Bottom