The Football Championship - England

Damn shame Peterborough are down, they'll bounce back again (I hope) but then they'll get relegated again, the classic YOYO team!

too much drama. this league is always tight ass fuck. poor watford goalkeeper, hope he ok. i don't think i have ever seen a game with more than 16 minutes added time before lol, congrats to hull though, they get promoted and only scored 61 goals and peterborough get relegated scoring 66 goals:CONFUSE:
brighton are looking good for playoffs, they in the best form right now..

Pretty pathetic of Watford not to grab that free spot from Hull... I bet Watford crumbles in the qualification matches.

Well considering some of the refereeing decisions we have had, some lapses of concentration and giving away some leads yes we should have been up already, long before this weekend.

But it is unlikely we will crumble. However we do need a fit Almunia.

Hull are a terrible side. They will be cannon fodder in the PL no matter if they reinforce or not.

Our form against sides in the bottom third has been poor. Against sides around us it has been the best of the playoff challengers. Just need to look at Brentford who have not been downcast by what happened last week.

I wish you luck then, Watford is a legendary club that belongs in the top flight. (edit: Well, maybe not but they were up there when I was a kid and that counts for a lot!)
I miss the days when money-doping wasn't quite as big a factor in football... it has surely damaged the sport.

Bye bye Wolves, will we ever see you again? :(

Last edited:
Shame to see Wolves are now relegating again. We had them even in our current OF for P6P as one of four Championship teams. But that's the result when hiring Solbakken...

On the other hand: Nice to see Cardiff being promoted, guess they'll bring some fresh air to the Premier League.

Not Solbakken's fault, he's a builder and would've turned it around. Wolves did the same mistake Köln did. Statistical, Solbakken did better than Saunders.

Solbakken: 31 points in 26 matches = 1.19 points per match
Saunders: 20 points in 20 matches = 1 point per match

In other words, if Solbakken had continued and kept this 1.2 points per match going, Wolves would've had 55 points and had possibly survived. That being said, Solbakken usually grabs more points towards the end of a season than earlier on.

Last edited:
Don't make the mistake to use statistics from the past to predict the future. It might have been a possibility, but it might have also gone into the complete opposite direction. The same goes for Saunders, he could've been the rescuer, but wasn't.

I wish you luck then, Watford is a legendary club that belongs in the top flight. (edit: Well, maybe not but they were up there when I was a kid and that counts for a lot!)
I miss the days when money-doping wasn't quite as big a factor in football... it has surely damaged the sport.

Bye bye Wolves, will we ever see you again? :(

I was just a little kid at the time but I remember standing on Express Dairy milk crates on the Vic terrace with my dad straining to get a glimpse of the pitch...... ;)

Not sure about the legendary bit Sabatasso.....;) or belonging to the top flight. Every club has to earn that right but Zola has us playing attractive football.

People say we have been handed a gift but Doncaster Rovers had umpteen players on loan last season and they bollixed it all up albeit they are coming up again for next season.

I think the complaints started when Ian Gollum Holloway started shouting his mouth off at the televised game when people suddenly realized we were a real promotion threat.

Before that not a peep. It boils down to envy. We are very fortunate to be owned by the Pozzo's who have a proven track record in club ownership and financial success.

None of the loaned players have acted like mercenaries. The team spirit is great, I've witnessed some superb football:

YouTube - The first majestically goal of Battocchio in Watford - Huddersfields

The team is pretty young. Zola is an inexperienced manager and we will only get better.

Even if we don't make it this season I am sure we will next. Zola is a real gentleman and the Pozzo's will have greatly enjoyed the reception they received last week after the end of the game against Leeds, despite the unfortunate result.

Shame to see Wolves are now relegating again. We had them even in our current OF for P6P as one of four Championship teams. But that's the result when hiring Solbakken...

On the other hand: Nice to see Cardiff being promoted, guess they'll bring some fresh air to the Premier League.

Solbakken didn't do too badly S-NipE. They sacked him because they lost an FA Cup match against a non League side in Luton.

And then they appointed Dean Saunders. His former team Doncaster Rovers have been promoted even as he was being relegated.

The board should take the blame. When they sacked Mick McCarthy it was a big mistake. Some of the supporters calling for Mick to be removed should take a look in the mirror.

When you have players coming to training drunk you know you have a problem.

I don't think the police will be too pleased to see this South Wales derby. These matches have caused problems in the past.

Cardiff were effective but unspectacular this season but they got the job done. Which is just as well considering the debt they are in.

Also changing their club crest and colours seems to have worked despite the protests against it.

I am not being biased but the two best footballing sides aesthetically in the Championship have been Brighton And Hove Albion and Watford. However that doesn't always translate into points.

I think we deserved it. Vydra's first goal is world class and we created the better chances.... Still walking on a cloud. Commiserations to the Leicester fans..

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/watford-3-leicester-1-championship/

YouTube - FROM THE STAND: Watford score after Leicester miss penalty (watch in HD)

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1388821-troy-deeney-winning-goal-v-leicester#t=0m0s

Palace did it! They were actually better in the 2nd leg and deserved to go to Wembley. Zaha was excellent!

I think they could pull it off against Watford. You never know :)

Palace did it! They were actually better in the 2nd leg and deserved to go to Wembley. Zaha was excellent!

I think they could pull it off against Watford. You never know :)

I think Brighton froze on the night. It was a scrappy game and Palace had one decent chance before they scored.

However our midfield is better than Brighton and we have more of a striking threat and pace as well.

I think Brighton froze on the night. It was a scrappy game and Palace had one decent chance before they scored.

However our midfield is better than Brighton and we have more of a striking threat and pace as well.

It wasn't only a decent chance, it was a very good chance they should have scored from. But that bloke no. 18 Wilbraham is abysmal! It's a shame Palace lost Glenn Murray to a serious knee injury.

But Bolasie and Zaha were inspired and that keeper Speroni did really well too. Will be a thrilling game at Wembley even if the Eagles can't have their top scorer.

Don't make the mistake to use statistics from the past to predict the future. It might have been a possibility, but it might have also gone into the complete opposite direction. The same goes for Saunders, he could've been the rescuer, but wasn't.

Don't make the mistake of being a judgemental fool either.

Solbakken took FC Copenhagen far into the CL, Saunders haven't done anything of the sort. Solbakkens failure in the two last jobs have been a result of impatient owners who clearly didn't know what they were doing.

PS. Statistics from the very same season is more reliable than guesswork

It wasn't only a decent chance, it was a very good chance they should have scored from. But that bloke no. 18 Wilbraham is abysmal! It's a shame Palace lost Glenn Murray to a serious knee injury.

But Bolasie and Zaha were inspired and that keeper Speroni did really well too. Will be a thrilling game at Wembley even if the Eagles can't have their top scorer.

This is what I meant. Williams was through but just put his effort wide.

I have nothing against Crystal Palace and cheered for them when they were cruelly undone in 1990 at Wembley but I cannot stand Gollum after his diatribe at the Vic.

The man as any Plymouth, Leicester fan will tell you is a hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom