The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [All Platforms]

This could interest someone playing the PC version:

Skyrim Kinect

The Kinect controls on Skyrim made by KinectFAAST seem to work pretty much flawless. It features swinging of weapons, casting of spells, movement and even speech recognition to quickly select inventory items! I love how you are able to select different weapons, spells and shields by just saying the name of the item! Just say it and you’ll get it!

The movement also seems like it works very well. You use your left arm to look around and by stepping forward you make your character move forward. Strafing is also possible and is done by leaning left and right. It might seems like a lot to make your character move but judging from the video (especially the parts where he is fighting) it seems to be intuitive, easy and accurate!

I’m not sure how much work it took KinectFAAST to create this control scheme but judging from the fact that Skyrim hasn’t been out that long it didn’t take him much time. Bethesda could’ve easily added this and well, maybe they still can with a Skyrim Kinect patch! So Betheda: Please look at this video, see that it is awesome.

The place to watch the video:
http://123kinect.com/skyrim-with-kinect-is-all-you-ever-hoped-for/29191/

Aint they got a move version?

U cant get kinect for pc?

Yeah, also for you PC users, there's an updated inventory selection screen which has been deemed much better :

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863#content

3863-1-1324088115.jpg

My 360 version finally arrived, even though playing it on a 120" screen is going to be pretty cool I'm a bit worried about how it's going to look compared to the PC version :)

U cant get kinect for pc?

Kinect has been available for the PC since about a week after the Kinect launched for XBOX.

Although this was with leaked drivers now it has fully compatible drivers released by Microsoft.

My 360 version finally arrived, even though playing it on a 120" screen is going to be pretty cool I'm a bit worried about how it's going to look compared to the PC version :)

TBH the PC version of Skyrim doesn't look that good it looks pretty dated graphically so I really do not think there is going to be a massive difference between PC and 360 if any, until the mods start coming out with hugely improved textures like you got with Oblivion.

PS3 bugs are putting a downer on this for me as i have a few quests i cannot complete because i already have the items before i got the quest for them.

This is a fair few hours in and my character's getting good with the old magic stuff now too so i'll not be attempting a restart :CONFUSE:

Just started this. Its the type of game you really need patience with.

I been playing like COD and FIFA etc so long its hard to get into the slwo paced and listening to talking and undesrstanding story etc..

but it does look good

Which quests in particular mate?

Is it just PS3 related and not 360? Bit odd that.

I've read it's both PS3 and 360.

The main one i remember is one called "Find The Old Ways" where i need a book from a chest.

Well i already have the book, but because the game needs me to actually pick up the item from the chest (which i did ages ago before i got the quest itself), now the game doesn't register the fact i have the book, and won't let me drop the book from my inventory to pick up again :CONFUSE:

It just points a quest marker to an empty chest.

-

I'll clear what quests i can and hopefully another patch comes along and sorts out the bugged ones.

Oh no now my 2gb Radeon 6970 just arrived and PC skyrim will look even better!

Would need a really long hdmi cable and really long USB cable to connect the PC to the projector, in separate rooms :)

It is possible to do though. My PC is in the loft, and I feed the signal to my downstairs TV, 2 floors below. You can get a 10m HDMI and 2x5m USB cables. Works flawlessly.

you could use cat 5 or cat 6 cable ran to hdmi baluns...

that would get around having to run a long hdmi cable

this way you can have the cat5/6 cable running wherever you want to get to the correct location

Well I do have a 10m hdmi cable which might be enough to run from my PC to my AV receiver if I drill a large enough hole in the wall instead of trying to run it out of the office through the hall then into the bedroom/living room, I guess then I just need a wireless 360 receiver connected to the wall next to the hole which I would then control the games using with a usb cable from the receiver through the hole to my PC, interesting! Fifa12/Skyrim with mods running on the 120inch screen at 1080p is appealing :)

So, when I kill a dragon and appratnly I absord a dragon soul, how do I activate a new word of power? Because I've killed 5 or 6 and have a lots of words of power discovered, but nothing gets active. Do I have to do something or the game is so pathetic that it's a bug?

So, when I kill a dragon and appratnly I absord a dragon soul, how do I activate a new word of power? Because I've killed 5 or 6 and have a lots of words of power discovered, but nothing gets active. Do I have to do something or the game is so pathetic that it's a bug?
On PS3, you press circle to bring up that little menu, press right twice (I think) to go into the "Magic" menu, scroll down to "Shouts", then select the word you want to unlock and press square to use a dragon soul to unlock it :).

Jesus, the interface of this game is an absolute disaster...Add to this that for some reason this message didn't appear onscreen to me, but pressing the use button did the trick... They should invest a little in interface graphics. That mod posted before looks a lot more professional...

Yeah, it is a little odd - you would have thought that with the amount of effort they've put into the sheer amount of content, the complexity and depth of the storyline, the mythology etc. they would come up with an interface that does it all justice...

I'm not really a fan of the "favourites" menu either - takes too long to switch between weapons/spells, they should have the most used items near the top. What I personally ended up doing was enchanting all of my weapons and putting spaces before the names, so they'd end up at the top of the list, little tip there for anyone else wanting to save some annoyance.

I think binding them on numbers is the best choice, I binded 8 of my most used spells/weapons, works like a charm, swift changing of weapons without using any menus or pausing the game at all

Got the Oblivion Walker Achievement :COOL:

That's completing all the Daedric quests here and collecting the rewards : http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrimaedric_Quests

Discerning the Transmundane was a right bitch. Not that hard, but a hell of a trek.

I was just messing about doing miscellaneous quests the other day before getting back on the Main Quest path. I then decided to fully complete the Thieves Guild and then join the Stormcloaks. I've now done all that and have since finished all the Daedric quests and will try and find all the dragon priest masks now before - finally - going back to continue Alduin's Wall. I've been doing all the above with 3 followers (Marcurio, Delphine and Esbern) as well as Shadowmere the horse. Two dragon priest masks to get. 1 is part of the main quest and the other is once the other 8 are collected.

Also, so much for Shadowmere being immortal. Came out of a cave yesterday and he was lying dead. A frost troll had proper fucked him over. Meh. Didn't use him much anyway.

I have 6 Achievements left to get - 4 are part of the main quest, 1 is get a bounty of 1k in all 9 holds and the other is learn 20 shouts. I currently have 16.

172 hours in. Level 68 now.

Definitely the best single player game I've played.

So pleased with their decision to not 'do a Fallout 3' with the main quest end. For those familiar with it you'll know what I mean.

Am excited to now use my decent character in the Imperial/Stormcloaks struggle :)

Thoughts on the ending.

Just finished the main story and feel majorly let down with it, invested a lot of hours doing side-quests etc, building to that point and it was such an anti-climax. I just stood on top of the mountain waiting for something to happen, then when nothing did, i went to some towns to try and see if there was a reaction... nothing again.

I've lost interest in doing anything else now, which is a shame as I was enjoying it immensely till that point.

Got a new graphics card anyway, so think I'll try The Witcher 2

Well to play the Witcher 2 you'll NEED a new gfx card. That game absolutely fries my PC, even on medium settings. Not nearly as polished as Skyrim, but still a great experience. Could use a little hand-holding in the beginning if you ask me - I had no idea how to do half the things they ask you to.

Thought this was quite interesting :

It turns out the Skyrim disc contains the Vvardfell (Morrowind) and Cyrodill (Oblivion) regions of Tamriel in their entirety, albeit at a low resolution. To prove it, one intrepid PC explorer glitched his way in via the Riften border. Are Bethesda 100% geometrically accurate, or can we say "best DLC ever"?

Back
Top Bottom