Supported filetypes for attachments.

NFS_FM

Premiership
5 February 2014
Athens, Greece
Olympiacos Piraeus
Hi admins, do you think it will be possible to add support for attaching .bin, .cpk and .png files (or even all filetypes), under the size limit of course?

I remember it was once possible to attach .png images, but that got removed because of misuse. But, since there is already a maximum file size, why wouldn't we be able to attach anything under that?

Thanks!

People were spamming huge ass .png files left and right for various purposes, I don't think I'm gonna bring it back anytime soon. We've had our fair share of faces and boots requests sometimes reaching 100+ megs on single thread pages. It's a pain for mobile browsing and folks with slower web speeds in particular. It's a difficult one since I can totally see their use when not abused, but the cons outweigh the pros tenfold in my opinion based on my experience.

Regarding the maximal file size, while it's currently capped at 8192kb per file, you'll also need to keep in mind that we allow 10 max attachments per post which wouldn't really prevent people from posting various .png files in a single post.

However, .cpk and .bin files should be okay since they're not embedded. But would that file limit be sufficient for those file types? I'm not really an editing expert as you guys might probably know. Let me know and I'll see about adding those two.

Last edited:
I see what you mean, a single post could reach 80+ MBs.

So for non-embedable file types it should be mostly fine. The .bin files would definitely fit under the size limit, it's rare they exceed a couple of megabytes. And the type of .cpks I'm constantly dealing with (containing mostly database stuff) may reach about 6 MBs in size.

People were spamming huge ass .png files left and right for various purposes, I don't think I'm gonna bring it back anytime soon. We've had our fair share of faces and boots requests sometimes reaching 100+ megs on single thread pages. It's a pain for mobile browsing and folks with slower web speeds in particular. It's a difficult one since I can totally see their use when not abused, but the cons outweigh the pros tenfold in my opinion based on my experience.

Regarding the maximal file size, while it's currently capped at 8192kb per file, you'll also need to keep in mind that we allow 10 max attachments per post which wouldn't really prevent people from posting various .png files in a single post.

However, .cpk and .bin files should be okay since they're not embedded. But would that file limit be sufficient for those file types? I'm not really an editing expert as you guys might probably know. Let me know and I'll see about adding those two.
I second this about .png. If there can be found a formula, for example more stict size limits for .png files, i do not know..

Apart from this, is it possible for the compressed files to allow the extension of .rar ,(winRAR files), cause now it is only allowed .zip files. Or is it same capacity case?

Reactions: Tom
I second this about .png. If there can be found a formula, for example more stict size limits for .png files, i do not know..

No, unfortunately, that's not possible. All I could do is limit images by width and height in pixels. Which could kinda make .pngs work maybe, but where would I set the limit as it would affect all image types?

Apart from this, is it possible for the compressed files to allow the extension of .rar ,(winRAR files), cause now it is only allowed .zip files. Or is it same capacity case?

The limit is set for all file types, images and compressed files included. I could add .rar or .7z to the pool as well, no problem.

edit: .cpk, .bin, .rar, .7z added to pool of allowed attachment file extensions

No, unfortunately, that's not possible. All I could do is limit images by width and height in pixels. Which could kinda make .pngs work maybe, but where would I set the limit as it would affect all image types?

The limit is set for all file types, images and compressed files included. I could add .rar or .7z to the pool as well, no problem.

edit: .cpk, .bin, .rar, .7z added to pool of allowed attachment file extensions
Are .rar now accepted?

Also was there an update to the forum layout i.e. the similar threads down the bottom of the page (not a fan really) and the sticky posts are no longer separated

@Tom i know png are not allowed, but it was pretty cool that if you had a screenshot or a crop-shot of the screen in your clipboard you were able to paste it into the comment without needing to upload into a site, i know evo-web is not a images hosting, but that was pretty useful when you wanted to write a fast comment, i say this because it seems that the paste image is in png format, maybe there is another way or workaround to make this work?

@Tom i know png are not allowed, but it was pretty cool that if you had a screenshot or a crop-shot of the screen in your clipboard you were able to paste it into the comment without needing to upload into a site, i know evo-web is not a images hosting, but that was pretty useful when you wanted to write a fast comment, i say this because it seems that the paste image is in png format, maybe there is another way or workaround to make this work?
If You use Paint 3D on Windows 10 You can simply save a png as jpeg, takes seconds.

super's approach, while not as convenient, is probably the best one for now without us having to allow .pngs back, I'm afraid. Sorry mate! I'll keep this in mind, though, maybe I'll come up with something.

Seeing this and the forum update news again made me look back a bit and realize this place is fucken timeless!

Back in 2012 when the forum was basically PES 6 and Master League Adventures had one post a month at best (and half of them were mine) I thought damn this won't last forever. I saw many PES forum, both Polish and international decline and, eventually, disappear.

Evo-Web can't be stopped though. Been here on and off for a decade now (on 3 different accounts I think) and no sign of it ending at all. Truly the best PES forum of all time! Especially magical since, well, oldschool forums are dying, everything is twitter/fb/reddit now. Evo-Web is like some ancient artifact, a portal to the past! And we love it here.

Thank u for ur hard work 🐑

Seeing this and the forum update news again made me look back a bit and realize this place is fucken timeless!

Back in 2012 when the forum was basically PES 6 and Master League Adventures had one post a month at best (and half of them were mine) I thought damn this won't last forever. I saw many PES forum, both Polish and international decline and, eventually, disappear.

Evo-Web can't be stopped though. Been here on and off for a decade now (on 3 different accounts I think) and no sign of it ending at all. Truly the best PES forum of all time! Especially magical since, well, oldschool forums are dying, everything is twitter/fb/reddit now. Evo-Web is like some ancient artifact, a portal to the past! And we love it here.

Thank u for ur hard work 🐑
index.jpg

Back
Top Bottom